Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly the biggest problem with the story is in the phrase "3 feet long" to the point where I'm thinking maybe that was just a very unfortunate typo

like, to match the rest of the story's tone it'd have to be like 3000 feet long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

loquacius posted:

Honestly the biggest problem with the story is in the phrase "3 feet long" to the point where I'm thinking maybe that was just a very unfortunate typo

Also you really have to set this during the Clinton era because with HW's son in the White House afterwards it just doesn't work. Bonus: the psychic thing was pissed at Hillary and that's why, well, you know.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Sagebrush posted:

There's no way they could build a 10 mile long, thousand foot deep hangar underneath Washington DC without anybody knowing about it. Forget the tens of thousands of workers over decades that you'd have to keep quiet -- just the volume of dirt you'd have to dispose of would give it away. You need to set this story in a more plausible place, like next to one of those giant open pit mines, where huge piles of earth appearing overnight wouldn't warrant a second glance.

Yeah, they'd have to find a way to spend way too much money to dig under the city that would produce wildly ineffective public results. No chance of that ever happening.

Oh hey, is the Metro on fire again?

necroid
May 14, 2009

Fintilgin posted:

LOL

Ted down in Division Three won't stop researching psionics. Maybe we should...um... show him the alien in our Ultra Black facility? That ought to chill him out.

lol

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Yeah, they'd have to find a way to spend way too much money to dig under the city that would produce wildly ineffective public results. No chance of that ever happening.

Oh hey, is the Metro on fire again?

Your short story sucked.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's always nice to see a son inherit attributes from their father. You don't have a creative bone in your body either conspiracy goon.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

I do believe the implication was the 10 mile dark room was for a big alien ship and the squidbear on the glass was just a nasty spooky monster. But hey what do I know, I;m no amateur sci fi author.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

text me a vag pic posted:

I do believe the implication was the 10 mile dark room was for a big alien ship and the squidbear on the glass was just a nasty spooky monster. But hey what do I know, I;m no amateur sci fi author.

Well that's even dumber, how would you get a 9.5-mile-long ship under Washington DC without anyone seeing it

quote:

Over the last few years I've started experiencing auditory hallucinations when I've gone to bed really drunk. It's like I'm surrounded by people who are talking and I keep hearing brief snatches of what they're saying. I'm aware at the time that it isn't real but I kinda like just lying there and hearing what kind of dumb poo poo my brain is gonna throw at me. I haven't told anyone about this, even my wife, because I stopped drinking a few months ago so it hasn't happened in a while and also because there is a history of mental illness in my family and I don't want to face up to the possibility that this could be a sign of some underlying issue. Sorry there's no murder or abuse in this confession I guess.

You should probably get it checked out though

I know addressing it as a real possibility is tough but it's easier than waiting for it to start happening sober and dealing with it then

Followup from the meth rapist guy

quote:

I probably won't make another confession. People seem to have gotten really riled up, and the last thing I want is a posse coming after me. Still, this is some bullshit, yo. People have extremely complex relations.

I was very upset when I wrote up my confession last Thursday, and I left out one or two things. I was arguing pretty thoroughly with K, T’s friend from highschool who wouldn’t accept my side of the story, while I wrote it. She’s warping the story by subtracting anything which might show the slightest blame on her, and putting everything 100% percent on me. She’s denying even that she was interested in me. It’s especially galling because K used words that they’ve previously used to describe an old friend of theirs that developed a similar situation with T that I did. He was the one that hooked her up with the gangsters that she moved humans for (and yet who among you would go so far as to call her a slave runner?) After a while, he became “delusional” and began imaging that there was some sort of romance between the two of them, before she and N had cut off all contact with him because his “delusions” were so strong. That was a few years ago. I wonder how many more years will go by before a third friend begins to hallucinate her interest in him. I know we have a mutual friend who she was already putting the moves on before he heard my side and got warned off. My little birdy brought me all the gossip about how the two would flirt so brazenly in front of N. “Oh, surely you work out”, he says as he proceeds to molest her arm.

Whatever. She’s an adept liar, and I should have seen the form her lies would take. I see the truth as being sort of similar to a blanket in some ways. You can bend it around a bit, and it will still keep you warm as long as you don’t stretch it too far. However, when you cut out larges pieces of it, you change its essential nature. That’s what’s she’s doing, and I should have anticipated it as she bases almost her whole life on the lies that she tells. She lies to her father about where she lives. He hates N for introducing his daughter to drugs, and he hates K as well for stealing 600 dollars from him when he was deep in those xanies. He’s told her before that if she moved out of N’s mother’s house into a solo-house with N, that he would cease to support her. So she lies, and manipulates her father’s love to get him to support her as well as two people that he truly hates (both of whom have had relations with her). She lies to her bosses. We used to work together, and she and N were the type to sign their timecards, leave, and return hours later to sign out. We were students together, so the oversight on us was effective only to an extent. She and N eventually pushed it too far and were let go. She lies to her friends about how smart and successful she is. This goes beyond the usual bragging, and she gets away with it, because she only keeps people around her that aren’t technical at all, and so don’t realize how full of poo poo she is when she congratulates herself on her intelligence. Her whole life is built on lies.
But I’m sort of wandering. I’m writing in again to defend myself a bit, before I update. First, well third, I’d like to say that you shouldn’t put so much emphasis on the meth. I only tried it once, and by the time I went down on her, it had had about a month to get out of my system. If there was any failing, it wasn’t induced by methamphetamine.

Another idea I’d like to correct, is that I was delusional, or that I misread the “red-flags” that she had planted around herself as some kind of morse code to me. She was physically attracted to me. She would ask me all the time to play with her feet, knowing that I would kiss them. This went on for weeks before the “event” and continued for weeks afterwards. I would often kiss her shingle, which had appeared right above her pelvis a bit after I had confessed my feelings for her, and when I would embrace her without kissing it, she would make a disappointed face. In addition, there was a solid basis for emotional attraction. I saved her life from N. One night, before I liked them again, they were arguing really bad. I was happy, because he was finally telling her something. However, he had drunk a lot of don julio, and he was being more aggressive than making sense. It got to the point where I just wanted them to stop and be nice to each other. Eventually, the house goes quite, and I get out of bed to intervene in whatever shitshow they had going on. They both said T was the first to get the knife, but when I got out there, it was N who had it to her throat. I took it out of his hands, and when I got back from putting it in my room, he was chocking the poo poo out of her so hard her face was red. When he saw me, he stopped, and I stayed in the dining room the rest of the night. We also grew quite close sharing secrets, as I believe I mentioned. She always talks nonstop poo poo about strippers. So, to tell me she tried stripping means we had a deep connection.

I remember one night, about a week(?) after I ate her, I had my head in her lap while N slept, presumably, in their room. She told me that she hadn’t wanted what had happened and that she felt no attraction to me. I asked her, then, why she had let it progress so far. She said that she had “felt sorry” for me. When I got up in disgust, she relented, and admitted that she was, in some part at least, motivated by desire. She was also jealous of my attention. When I had relations with another woman, she was the one out of everyone who questioned me in the most forth right way. She later got a picture of her being cozy with the neighbor, and she showed it to me to warn me. She “just didn’t want me to get hurt”. After things started coming out, she came to where K and I were seated at the couch, and command K to rub her feet. When he wouldn’t, she bullied him until he used his key to scratch it while making a weirded out face.

As for the “no’s” that she said while I kissed her, I hope that you can understand a few things. First, she had told me, days before this, that I was making progress, but that I just needed to understand when not to listen to her, and to disregard what she said. As well, we had already developed a pattern for some time wherein I tested her resolve by asking her if she wanted me to stop. Of all the people that I knew at the time, she was the one with the strongest will, and everyone near her was afraid of her temper. She is, after all, a bully who would torment even her closest friend K by eating plateful of food in front of him, while mocking the fact that he hadn’t eaten all day. She eventually gave him the left overs off her plate. Our neighbor, even, was afraid of her. She never once had a problem telling anybody, including me, no before, nor after in any situation, ranging from sex, to bills, to anything under the sun. If she wanted me to stop, she could have responded as she had numerous times before. Likewise, if she was really running away from me, she could have locked herself in her room or bathroom, or run out of the house while I was recovering from my attempts to put her on my bed.

The real turning point for everything, I think, was when we first met a new guy several weeks after the “event” He was an incel-type, and was videotaping her with her phone even after she asked him to stop. I thought about intervening, but decided that she was in the most able place to disarm him, and that If I got in the middle, it could turn into a whole big thing. I also didn’t want to embarrass him too bad, having pity for him, and believing him to be mostly harmless. When I asked her later how that made her feel she said it made her feel like I “didn’t really care”. I truly believe that if I had stopped him, I wouldn’t be in the predicament that I am.

And I am in quite a predicament. Everything that I’ve written, in both emails, has been going through my head all weekend. It became especially bad early Sunday morning, when I scored some more meth. The way I saw it, if I’m already going to hell, I may as well go in a handbasket. So, I’m smoking, just a bit, and I start to get a little bit angry. That scares me, and I decide the best way to calm down is to smoke a little more. This goes on for a few hours, and before I know it, it’s five in the evening, and I’ve decided that I’m going to confront T and N, and the truth will come out, no matter how painful it is, or how I get burned in the process. Well, my car is hosed and so I made a foolish decision. I already know where they live, I used to be their roommate after all. So, I called a cab, and gave him the address. I pulled up to the house around seven or eight, and I yelled to the cabby “Yo holmes, smell you later”. I looked at my kingdom. I was finally there. I went to sit on my throne, like the prince of bel-air.

<snipped: the entire rest of the Prince Of Bel-Air theme, mostly verbatim>

What’s your interpretation?

My interpretation is that everyone in your story should move away and never speak to each other again, and also that you remind me of the guy from A Confederacy Of Dunces

I didn't finish the book because it was starting to creep me out and depress me but I don't think he raped anyone in it

There was also someone saying he got his first boner in months reading the first one, but it was just the one sentence, so, I guess, congrats on the boner

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
A Confederacy Of Dunces was prophetic.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Crazy meth goon, you should compose a best-selling death metal album about how this woman ruined your life

But in all seriousness, since you signed off with the fresh Prince of Bel-air theme, I think there's nothing further to discuss here

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It's 2018 y'all and ladies, you know that women be shoppingrefusing to take thier fair share of the blame for thier sexual assault.

Confessor: even taking your "side" as the gospel, you still sexually assaulted that woman.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 25, 2018

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How is it someone else's fault that we didn't hear your side of the story, when you literally gave us your side of the story?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

punk rebel ecks posted:

How is it someone else's fault that we didn't hear your side of the story, when you literally gave us your side of the story?

nothing is ever a methhead's fault, they are the passive voice personified

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm late on the bush story but why would you consider cleaning the glass of an alien enclosure a punishment? That would be pretty sweet actually. You'd have pretty great job security since they can't exactly advertise for a new squid alien poo poo cleaner.

also for the love of God short story...err...confession writers, stop doing the letters as names thing. It makes it awful to read and it's fake anyway so just loving make up a name.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
personally i think rape is bad, even if you're on meth when you do it :shrug:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

also for the love of God short story...err...confession writers, stop doing the letters as names thing. It makes it awful to read and it's fake anyway so just loving make up a name.

IAWTP

also don't tell us you're making up a name. you aren't a journalist and no one gives a poo poo. just make up a name and pretend it's their real one. do NOT make up a name for everyone by repeatedly saying "let's call him/her X, and X's mother, let's call her Y, and Y's dog, let's call him Z" and poo poo like that.

ABSOLUTELY do not make up a name by repeating all that horseshit once at the beginning of the post and then never actually using the fake names in the story

mad about bad writing

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I assume that 90% of all stories on here are fake.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

I assume that 90% of all stories on here are fake.

Even if the author of the methrape pieces believed them to be true, they are still fake

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

As it says in the OP, this thread gets less fun if we assume every fesh is fake and spend all our time debating that, but, some of them are self-evidently fake

but, fakeness does not a bad fesh make. Some of my all-time favorites were obviously fake, but fun reads.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

loquacius posted:

Well that's even dumber, how would you get a 9.5-mile-long ship under Washington DC without anyone seeing it

Clearly, it’s an inner space (or whatever crazy people call the hollow part of the earth where Lord Kinbote lives) ship.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Hearing indistinct voices right before you fall asleep is totally normal. You can google "voices before falling asleep" just uhh ignore the site that claims it's psychic connections

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

My anonymous confession is that I take an extra 10 minutes for lunch. That's my way of sticking it to the Man

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Anne Whateley posted:

Hearing indistinct voices right before you fall asleep is totally normal. You can google "voices before falling asleep" just uhh ignore the site that claims it's psychic connections

Yeah, I used to do hear faint, strange music when I was drifting off, or zoning out, particularly on long car rides.

Fairly frequent when I was a kid, almost never now.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
sometimes when i'm having trouble i'll have these... psudo dreams? like, vivid day dreams as i lie in bed? and ill look at my phone again and it's only been a few minutes i zoned out...

anyways, there's all sorts of weird stuff that can happen around when you're falling asleep if you're otherwise fine it's probably not serious

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

loquacius posted:

My interpretation is that everyone in your story should move away and never speak to each other again, and also that you remind me of the guy from A Confederacy Of Dunces

I didn't finish the book because it was starting to creep me out and depress me but I don't think he raped anyone in it
No, IIRC he just mopes around and makes everyone hate him.

Meth goon, when you go into a long description of her Brain Problems, you're describing more red flags. The most positive reading of your story I can imagine is that you should have stopped pursuing her when you realized she had these Brain Problems, long before it got to the point it did. Granted, that would require you to make good life choices while on meth...

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sagebrush posted:

There's no way they could build a 10 mile long, thousand foot deep hangar underneath Washington DC without anybody knowing about it. Forget the tens of thousands of workers over decades that you'd have to keep quiet -- just the volume of dirt you'd have to dispose of would give it away. You need to set this story in a more plausible place, like next to one of those giant open pit mines, where huge piles of earth appearing overnight wouldn't warrant a second glance.

It was built in an existing cavern.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

DandyLion posted:

It was built in an existing cavern.

Yes, the existing caverns that are well-known to exist underneath the former swamplands that is Washington D.C.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Android Blues posted:

Also trying to get with someone else's partner is tacky and, "ditch the zero, get with the hero," is one of the worst phrases I've ever heard someone use unironically about themselves.

That’s my go to pickup line on single moms.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

As it says in the OP, this thread gets less fun if we assume every fesh is fake and spend all our time debating that, but, some of them are self-evidently fake

but, fakeness does not a bad fesh make. Some of my all-time favorites were obviously fake, but fun reads.

Wait, so there's no squidbear under DC??? I'm pretty disappointed. Next you'll be telling me that there's no asteroid coming to kill us in Sept 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i skimmed that whole tweaker "confession" because it was just exhausting to read but glancing through i saw this

quote:

I would often kiss her shingle, which had appeared right above her pelvis a bit after I had confessed my feelings for her, and when I would embrace her without kissing it, she would make a disappointed face.

what the gently caress does this mean? does he mean the blistery rash caused by the chicken-pox virus, shingles? because that is loving revolting and sounds like something only a crusty disgusting meth-head would doohhhhhh i get it now.

:barf:

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 25, 2018

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
I don't understand why they would take someone to show them the big underground hanger at all. I just don't think that a Top Secret project that runs on a need-to-know basis is going to suddenly decide "Well lets show this random guy who's complaining about funding where the money is going to shut him up/scare him into silence". According to the story they already brought him before the President because they were accusing him of spying for Cuba, they would just discredit him if he really became a problem.

Sorry, I didn't want to go all "This one's fake!" but I think it could have used a little more work to be a good, semi-plausible confession.

Comedy Option:

Confessor dad: "What the hell was that thing, Mr. President?"

GHWB: "We've been combining genetic mutation with your own research into psychic phenomenon to create a creature that will 'attack' us from another dimension to to inspire world peace and prosperity."

Confessor dad: "That's insane. When were you planning to do such a thing?"

GHWB: "Planning to do it? I did it 35 minutes ago."

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ditch the crank/speed and get with the dank weed

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

SciFiDownBeat posted:

ditch the crank/speed and get with the dank weed

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yes, the existing caverns that are well-known to exist underneath the former swamplands that is Washington D.C.

Well obviously they don't use the well known ones...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

(Disclaimer: I used to be not in a mentally good place, and I got the idea from a webcomic, so go ahead and call me an unoriginal troll or whatever.)
I used to be an rear end in a top hat online, and one of the most elaborate trolls I pulled was writing an adaptation of selected chapters of Hitler's book Mein Kampf. I edited a few chapters to replace all references to Jews and socialism with men and the patriarchy, titled the whole thing "My Struggle for a Feminist Future" and self published it up on the Kindle store.
For three months, I made over $150 from people buying it and leaving supportive reviews, that I was a real "feminist" telling it "like it really should be". I should mention I am a man and used to be part of the Incel/MRA thing, until I got on antidepressants, stopped spending 8 hours a day on internet forums, got a job, and started successfully interacting with people.
Then someone figured it out, reported me to Amazon and they took my book down. I think it shows something about how at the extreme edges of political beliefs there is not much difference between MRAs, Nazis, and feminists.

I mean, if you're only looking at the extreme edges, then yeah, crazy people who are Mad Online can always find some ideology they can twist to support their preexisting beliefs, but that's no justification for horseshoe theory poo poo (which crazy people in, quote, the political center, unquote, use to support their preexisting beliefs)

I think this is literally just the SCUMM manifesto though

quote:

Don't think this really counts as forum drama as I'm not gonna name any names. Just that there are a handful of posters on this website that I feel such incredibly blind, seething hatred toward I have constructed these elaborate fantasies in my head that I spend large amounts of the day dwelling upon and refining.

It's not really people with bad political opinions or anything like that. Just a few people who post a lot and in a way where their very personality makes me crazy.

Most of the time this gets into a lot of nasty details that wouldn't be appropriate for this thread but on the lighter side it also generally involves engineering some way to give them a computer and monitoring them so they can only post to these forums and either A. Making them post a thread explaining how loving worthless they are and/or B. Making them post an ask/tell thread about being kidnapped by a psychopath. Obviously no one would believe B. and I could get suggestions from GBS on how to deal with them!

Obviously I could never do this for practical reasons (don't know who these people are IRL generally, would never be able to pull off kidnapping someone even I did). But if I had some magical ability to click my fingers and make this happen I would be over the moon in the most sincere genuine way.

I think you should go outside

quit gettin' mad at the internet

I mostly only ever get mad at politics stuff and even then I find it really helps if I make some attempt at Chilling The gently caress Out. Practice some mindfulness and gratitude. Consider the lilies of the goddamn field. Just fuckin' namaste out.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I haven't gotten angry at posters like that since high school. As cliche as it sounds, the solution really is going outside and getting a life.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

A dude posted:

one of the most elaborate trolls I pulled was writing an adaptation of selected chapters of Hitler's book Mein Kampf. I edited a few chapters to replace all references to Jews and socialism with men and the patriarchy, titled the whole thing "My Struggle for a Feminist Future" and self published it up on the Kindle store.

No doubt fake, but still this is brilliant.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
It me, poster who is mad at me, please kidnap me and force me to post on SA all day. Especially if it means you would pay for my food, internet, and rent. that would be aces.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

quote:

writing an adaptation of selected chapters of Hitler's book Mein Kampf. I edited a few chapters to replace all references to Jews and socialism with men and the patriarchy, titled the whole thing "My Struggle for a Feminist Future" and self published it up on the Kindle store.
For three months, I made over $150 from people buying it and leaving supportive reviews, that I was a real "feminist" telling it "like it really should be".

. . .
I think it shows something about how at the extreme edges of political beliefs there is not much difference between MRAs, Nazis, and feminists.

$150 is like... uh... what, 20 or 30 ebook sales? That tells you jack poo poo. HTH :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

loquacius posted:

I think you should go outside

quit gettin' mad at the internet

I mostly only ever get mad at politics stuff and even then I find it really helps if I make some attempt at Chilling The gently caress Out. Practice some mindfulness and gratitude. Consider the lilies of the goddamn field. Just fuckin' namaste out.

lmao this is galaxy brain getting mad at ''dudebro' loquacius in the r/relationships thread.