Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

There's also a part where you make Ellen Page pee by pushing down on the left stick, complete w pee noises.

Gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy poo poo god of war got a million times easier when I changed the dodge button to Dark Souls style.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I've had to push forward on the stick for three seconds and that's the only controller input in half an hour lol

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I looked up an Until Dawn timeline cause I was being general with how long that bath was but was thinking it was like 3 or 4 hours which seemed unreasonable but it was only about 2 and a half, which still seems long to me, but whatever.

esperterra posted:

She also tried legal action over Ellie looking so much like her, too, I believe.

She just complained in an AMA on reddit, there was no legal action. Also I'm still on the side that thinks Ellie didn't look that much like Ellen Page and people were just thinking all white girls with brown hair in a pony-tail are the same, like she isn't that unique looking.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Going to stop for tonight 'cos I have other things to do. I'm intrigued by Yakuza 6 but seriously, it's been an hour and i've had to push buttons maybe ten times lol.

Without goons raving about things I never would've played Earth Defence Force 2017 (which is a series I love) or Rez (which I've now bought on four different consoles) but then I also didn't enjoy Dark Souls or Bloodborne so who knows.

I don't get the deal with this orphanage, though. So it was being run by the orphans themselves for three years? There was that one kid that had a baseball scholarship so was he supposed to be 18? Because seriously everybody there looked like they were aged between 8 and 14, so it was a bit weird.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Brightman posted:

She just complained in an AMA on reddit, there was no legal action. Also I'm still on the side that thinks Ellie didn't look that much like Ellen Page and people were just thinking all white girls with brown hair in a pony-tail are the same, like she isn't that unique looking.

Oh, right, that one was the AMA thing!

I think Ellie did look and tbh still looks like Ellen Page, fwiw.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quote-Unquote posted:

Going to stop for tonight 'cos I have other things to do. I'm intrigued by Yakuza 6 but seriously, it's been an hour and i've had to push buttons maybe ten times lol.

Without goons raving about things I never would've played Earth Defence Force 2017 (which is a series I love) or Rez (which I've now bought on four different consoles) but then I also didn't enjoy Dark Souls or Bloodborne so who knows.

I don't get the deal with this orphanage, though. So it was being run by the orphans themselves for three years? There was that one kid that had a baseball scholarship so was he supposed to be 18? Because seriously everybody there looked like they were aged between 8 and 14, so it was a bit weird.

Dont worry. Just get into it

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I believe there's a caretaker character for the orphanage you just don't meet there. The Y6 intro is legit too long, and also kind of boring. The game picks up pretty quick once you're past the cutscenes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

esperterra posted:

I think Ellie did look and tbh still looks like Ellen Page, fwiw.

She totally did. On release, tough, much less so.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I remember thinking it was also kind of weird that they wrote Ellie as a queer character around the same exact time Ellen Page came out publicly although that could have just been a coincidence.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ellie looks a lot like Ellen Page did at that time.

The original version was basically identical

exquisite tea posted:

I remember thinking it was also kind of weird that they wrote Ellie as a queer character around the same exact time Ellen Page came out publicly although that could have just been a coincidence.

Huh? I though she came out like only two or three years ago? Last of Us was out way before that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Huh? I though she came out like only two or three years ago? Last of Us was out way before that

Nah it was ages ago

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, she came out only a few years ago iirc.

e: oh only a year after tlou, 2014

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

but lbr we all knew she was gay like the second we first saw her

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ah drat. GoW is great. Just clicked. Love it.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Yeah it was definitely after TLOU

I mean after working with David "I film ziss piss" Cage and basically having her face stolen for TLOU and then a lot of people suddenly being weirdly mad that she's gay I really can't blame Ellen Page for not wanting to have anything to do with videogames and/or people in general

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ah drat. GoW is great. Just clicked. Love it.

It's sooooo good, right?

I've never played a GoW game before but I was hooked after the first fight with The Stranger (and lol, I was thinking "holy poo poo that's Jeremy Davies" as soon as I saw that weird leaning back and pushing arms forward while grinning expression) and it only kept getting more and more awesome.

I still have a bunch of post-game stuff to do but you know what? I'm not gonna do it. I'm gonna play Yakuza 6, and I'll pick up GoW again in a few months to a year and visit all the stuff I missed along the way.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Ellie looks a lot like Ellen Page did at that time.

The original version was basically identical

In my opinion Ellie would need to be noticeably older, have a larger forehead, and lose the freckles before I'd be like "wtf, that's just Ellen Page".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They practically have to greenlight some dlc for those unused realms right?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Is this new God of war game supposed to be the 1st in a trilogy

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

veni veni veni posted:

There's also a part where you make Ellen Page pee by pushing down on the left stick, complete w pee noises.

David Cage is the Patrick Stewart character from the 90s SNL erotic bakery sketch, in which everyone who has ordered an erotic cake gets a cake with an image of a woman peeing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Thats what they say

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Real hurthling! posted:

Thats what they say

They?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

IDK if it will be a trilogy but Sony has apparently already greenlit a fifth GOW that will also be set in Norse lands. I have to think they’ll do at least one DLC in the unused realms since the game is gonna be a gigundo bazillion seller though.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

exquisite tea posted:

IDK if it will be a trilogy but Sony has apparently already greenlit a fifth GOW that will also be set in Norse lands. I have to think they'll do at least one DLC in the unused realms since the game is gonna be a gigundo bazillion seller though.

I feel like they'd be more likely to save those for the next game or possibly the one after that even.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I figured that since the realms have different "you can't go here" messages, some of them were for later in the campaign and some of them were for DLC.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I count no less than 4 "editions" of Final Fantasy XV on the google results page without even scrolling. The "Royal" edition is up for sale, is that the way to go? Or should I wait for Ignis Veridis Max Butts Edition or whatever the gently caress

edit: this IS the right thread, and not the Yakuza 0 thread, which is a game I just bought

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone who has .hack last recode: anything extra in the physical edition, or am I safe just gettin that nice ol marked down digital copy?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Royal is the GOTY edition plus other poo poo, so you want that afaik. Dunno if that includes the future DLC or if there's gonna be a second pass.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Motto posted:

Royal is the GOTY edition plus other poo poo, so you want that afaik. Dunno if that includes the future DLC or if there's gonna be a second pass.

Cool, thanks. I thought I heard they're doing a second round of DLC but that's far enough in the future that this seems like a good time to get in.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

I figured that since the realms have different "you can't go here" messages, some of them were for later in the campaign and some of them were for DLC.

Many people have that impression. But is better that they make few good areas than many bad areas.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Fired up Diablo3 to do a rift and all of a sudden I'm killing teddy bears and unicorns.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That area is a longstanding joke/reference to when they first showed off Diablo 3 and a bunch of nerds complained that it was too bright, cartoony and 'WoW looking'

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Brightman posted:

In my opinion Ellie would need to be noticeably older, have a larger forehead, and lose the freckles before I'd be like "wtf, that's just Ellen Page".

Brightman: Hey Superman! I'm looking for Clark Kent have you seen him around?
Superman: Sorry, I don't know that guy
Brightman: Dang!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Is the Humble Bundle worth getting BTA then buying Yakuza 0 for $30? Is it possible that Yak0 could go on sale and that the coupon could stack with it?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I actually thought it was Ellen Paige because she was in that other game and I was late to TLOU, so I had no idea of who the actors were or anything.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Brightman posted:

Also I'm still on the side that thinks Ellie didn't look that much like Ellen Page and people were just thinking all white girls with brown hair in a pony-tail are the same, like she isn't that unique looking.

I'm with you, actually. Even from the first trailer I just didn't see it, though I will admit that Ashley Johnson and Ellen Page have a similar nonplussed cadence in their voices that was also at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzcYbtZQrk Looking at it with hindsight they don't look alike at all to me, but they do 'seem' alike, if that makes any sense.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm with you, actually. Even from the first trailer I just didn't see it, though I will admit that Ashley Johnson and Ellen Page have a similar nonplussed cadence in their voices that was also at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzcYbtZQrk Looking at it with hindsight they don't look alike at all to me, but they do 'seem' alike, if that makes any sense.

I think most of those observations came from before the redesign. She definitely doesn't look like her much anymore in that video. And even after they changed her face people still had the association going on. her name being Ellie and her voice probably contributed too.

I honestly thought it was Ellen Page until I finished the game and read the credits.

Edit: actually I guess her face is sort of different in that video. It's mostly just that one picture that does it.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 26, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I think most of those observations came from before the redesign. She definitely doesn't look like her much anymore in that video. And even after they changed her face people still had the association going on. her name being Ellie and her voice probably contributed too.

I honestly thought it was Ellen Page until I finished the game and read the credits.

Edit: actually I guess her face is sort of different in that video. It's mostly just that one picture that does it.

That video represents the reveal of the game. Nobody had any idea what these characters looked like before that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

IDK if it will be a trilogy but Sony has apparently already greenlit a fifth GOW that will also be set in Norse lands. I have to think they’ll do at least one DLC in the unused realms since the game is gonna be a gigundo bazillion seller though.

I hope God of War becomes a uhhhhh whats the word for when there's ten of em. Tenlogy. Decathlon