Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

canyoneer posted:

Same trigger and window for Kullbee's ability (after performing action), which means you do them in any order. So if you start on cruise mode, you can do a boost, flip the card, and PTL a barrel roll.

Or vice versa. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A new age of insanity is upon us!

Baseline:

Rogue squadron (84)

•Wedge Antilles (29) - X-Wing (T-65)
Snap Shot (1), Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Renegade Refit (-2), Integrated Astromech (0), Servomotor S-foils (0)

•Wes Janson (28) - X-Wing (T-65)
Veteran Instincts (0), Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Renegade Refit (-2), Integrated Astromech (0), Servomotor S-foils (0)

•Luke Skywalker (27) - X-Wing (T-65)
Veteran Instincts (0), Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Renegade Refit (-2), Integrated Astromech (0), Servomotor S-foils (0)

:stwoon:

Free boosts when you need them, rolls whenever you want, and enough room to throw a blocker Z-95 in the mix if you’re feeling lucky. Rogue Squadron shall be feared once more!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I really like that T-65s are getting a fix. but does anyone else think maybe that these are going to be OP as hell?

In a corner somewhere a Tie swarm player and a Interceptor player are holding each other. Both are crying.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Raged posted:

I really like that T-65s are getting a fix. but does anyone else think maybe that these are going to be OP as hell?

In a corner somewhere a Tie swarm player and a Interceptor player are holding each other. Both are crying.

Given that Rebels already have Lohrick and Fenn Rau I think it’s just gonna exacerbate the current meta, except maybe there will be a T65 or two instead of just Nym and Miranda or whatever now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Raged posted:

There's only ever two main reactions when something new is revealed: "This is garbage" or "this is overpowered."

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Raged posted:

I dunno.
You can already sorta approximate a T-65 swarm with 5 Kihraxz fighters, 5 TIE Strikers with targeting computer or LWF, or 5x Alpha Squad interceptors with Autothrusters. Truth is that 2 dice ships simply cannot pull their weight these days, so the old days of TIE swarms are gone. Crack Shot kept them alive for a moment longer, but 3 x7 Defenders is a better swarm than a TIE swarm. 4x Contracted Scouts is a better TIE swarm than a TIE swarm!

Rebels now have a good generic filler ship that is pointswise between an A-Wing (15) and B-Wing (21), and the aces are now costed to a point where they will actually show up in games. Except for that flash in the pan PS10 rebel alpha list with Wedge, I've literally not seen a not-Biggs X-Wing in a top 8 finish in the last year.

Wedge and Wes are the most expensive X-Wings at 29 points. Norra is 29 points, and PS8 Poe is 31 points. X-Wings essentially get access to T-rolls, native barrel roll or boost (probably barrel roll almost all the time), and a 2 point discount on generics or a 3 point discount on aces. Doesn't seem ridiculous to me.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Garbagepowered.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

T-65s have always had some amazing and fun pilots, completely hampered by a ship that barely lasted what, 3 waves? I'm a little sad that we may now never get a Rogue/Wraith squadron pack but I can live with this.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Man, the Startactics app got an update and Renegade Refit was acting like Vaksai title giving - 1 to all upgrades. I made an insane 3 Uwing list before I realised :(

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
I think this is going to get one of my best friends back into the game. He's an Armada guy now, but he hasn't stopped talking lists with Wedge in it since the article hit.

Here's what we came up with - what do you guys think?

Rogue Squadron+Rex List posted:

Wedge Antilles (29)
Crack Shot (0)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)
Renegade Refit (-2)

Wes Janson (29)
Veteran Instincts (0)
R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)
Renegade Refit (-2)

Luke Skywalker (28)
Veteran Instincts (0)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)
Renegade Refit (-2)

Captain Rex (14)

Total: 98

Honestly, I want R2-D2 on Luke, but it's one point too many. But Rex should really draw a bunch of fire and let the Rogues do their thing, right?

EDIT: \/\/\/ Updated with canyoneer's suggestions below. \/\/\/

Red Hood fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 26, 2018

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I get that you want them all at PS10, but since it's free, Crack Shot on Wedge looks pretty great.
I don't think those 2 points on Rex are well spent, because if he is doing his job suppressing ships, he needs actions for an evade or focus to survive and can't spend actions on slicer tools.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.

canyoneer posted:

I get that you want them all at PS10, but since it's free, Crack Shot on Wedge looks pretty great.
I don't think those 2 points on Rex are well spent, because if he is doing his job suppressing ships, he needs actions for an evade or focus to survive and can't spend actions on slicer tools.

Sounds good. I don't particularly care about Wedge being PS10, so I'll happily drop Adaptability, Sabine's Masterpiece and BMST.

Crack Shot is a good call; I guess I'll keep the leftover 2 points as a bid? Unless Predator for 2 points on Wedge is better than Crack Shot.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Raged posted:

s-foils are basically garbage with one extra action that isn't free, just an option

the refit is genuinely good but not even as good as the nerfed defender fix

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

alg posted:

s-foils are basically garbage with one extra action that isn't free, just an option

the refit is genuinely good but not even as good as the nerfed defender fix
Yeah, a 0 point modification that doesn't gives you a free extra action every turn is totally garbage.

You realize that's a 0 point modification that's both Vectored Thrusters AND Engine Upgrade, PLUS TIE Mark II?

Oh and it lets you Tallon Roll. When you want to.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 26, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, a 0 point modification that doesn't gives you a free extra action every turn is totally garbage.

You realize that's a 0 point modification that's both Vectored Thrusters AND Engine Upgrade, PLUS TIE Mark II?

Oh and it lets you Tallon Roll. When you want to.

Engine upgrade to make your attack worthless.

Barrel roll at the cost of an action is an option.

T-roll at the cost of an action is an option.

Defender title was a free evade action and a reduction in cost. The refit is good in that respect but not quite as good as x7.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So you're saying that the 0 point modification should be a stressless PTL?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

So you're saying that the 0 point modification should be a stressless PTL?

They could have made it more interesting for sure but having FAA already the option of a boost with garbage attack or a barrel roll with unmodified dice is pretty underwhelming when compared with x7. No need for strawmen.

The refit is neat from a pure math perspective and should make T-65s fun.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

The crappy part is needing to buy five total Y-Wings for your R2 astromechs with your 5 Rookie Pilots :v:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

alg posted:

Engine upgrade to make your attack worthless.

Barrel roll at the cost of an action is an option.

T-roll at the cost of an action is an option.

Defender title was a free evade action and a reduction in cost. The refit is good in that respect but not quite as good as x7.

You know it’s not an action to flip s-foils, right?

At the start of the activation phase, you can choose to flip the card. So if you’re about to fly into combat, you open them. You get to decide, after revealing a 3 hard, if you want to talon roll or not. If you’re running away, you close them, and you get boosts and green 2 banks.

And with renegade refit, you get to equip this for free.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

You know it’s not an action to flip s-foils, right?

At the start of the activation phase, you can choose to flip the card. So if you’re about to fly into combat, you open them. You get to decide, after revealing a 3 hard, if you want to talon roll or not. If you’re running away, you close them, and you get boosts and green 2 banks.

And with renegade refit, you get to equip this for free.

Of course I know that.

Yes it's a free card that provides more options. Is it going to break the game as claimed? No.

Renegade refit is solid but also not game breaking.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

alg posted:

Of course I know that.

Yes it's a free card that provides more options. Is it going to break the game as claimed? No.

Renegade refit is solid but also not game breaking.

No, it won’t break the game, but it’s not garbage, either. I must have misunderstood why you seemed to keep saying it cost actions.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

No, it won’t break the game, but it’s not garbage, either. I must have misunderstood why you seemed to keep saying it cost actions.

He's saying that adding an action to your action bar is worthless because the action isn't free.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Oh man the only thing I was looking forward to more than the T-65 fix was alg's hot take :allears:

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I mean, the opportunity cost of S-Foils is nothing, so they can't be garbage, but it's definitely refit that shines brighter in my eyes. But even then, if you equip refit on attack position, you're getting barrel roll added to your action bar and post dial option to turn 3-turns to 3-tallon rolls and that's certainly a buff, even ignoring being able to flip it for 2 bank greens and boost to the action bar (although 2 dice primary is terribad). X-Wing only lists aren't gonna win system opens, but to say that S-Foils is garbage is pretty laughable, but they're not overwhelmingly good like x7 Defender was.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
You're going to always put on a one point droid, probably FAA so being able to do both repositions without stress seems cool... And good...

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

He's saying that adding an action to your action bar is worthless because the action isn't free.

No, I specifically compared it to x7, which did get free actions.

Edit: also I guess this means they are never fixing torpedos, which is probably for the better given harpoons

alg fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 26, 2018

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

hoiyes posted:

You're going to always put on a one point droid, probably FAA so being able to do both repositions without stress seems cool... And good...

Wedge has no added cost to add Renegade Refit, FAA, S-Foils, and any of the 1-pt EPTs. That's a pretty solid 29 points on its own. Hell, throw Expert Handling on him and fly him next to Wes and laugh at everyone that tries to shoot Harpoon Missiles at you. It's a pseudo PtL if no one is in arc already :getin:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Devlan Mud posted:

The crappy part is needing to buy five total Y-Wings for your R2 astromechs with your 5 Rookie Pilots :v:

You mean 5 saws renegades for FAAs, right?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

That is super rude that they only include one copy of FAA in the expansion.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anyone got some good leads on eBays selling them FAAs?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As someone who is never going to play a game away from his kitchen table, I'm intrigued to learn there's a secondary market for upgrades.

C3PO is a $25 card, apparently? Push the Limit is $6-8. Is there anything people chase that comes from non-huge ships?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Huxley posted:

As someone who is never going to play a game away from his kitchen table, I'm intrigued to learn there's a secondary market for upgrades.

C3PO is a $25 card, apparently? Push the Limit is $6-8. Is there anything people chase that comes from non-huge ships?

Yeah. Any upgrade you'd want more of that is only available in ships you wouldn't want more than one of. Also happens when it's a cross faction upgrade only available with one factions ship, because there are people who only buy ships in a single faction.

Autothrusters was an old classic, because who wanted even one starviper?
Still the case with Scavenger Crane, TIE mk II, or Harpoon Missiles

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Huxley posted:

Palpatine and TIE/x1/ATC are probably the best sellers. Threepio is quite a lot cheaper than he used to be because he was a participation prize a couple of years ago.

I've been meaning to start ebaying my promos. After euros...

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

thespaceinvader posted:

Palpatine and TIE/x1/ATC are probably the best sellers. Threepio is quite a lot cheaper than he used to be because he was a participation prize a couple of years ago.

I've been meaning to start ebaying my promos. After euros...

Wow, just going on ebay prices if you can find a small break on that Raider it basically pays for itself or pretty close to it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Definitely.

Similarly, if you can find a big full-lot type sale you can trivially make a profit on most of them, just by selling off the high-value stuff. At least, a profit on your money, not necessarily your time.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

You mean 5 saws renegades for FAAs, right?

I mean, it's two Saw's Renegades and three Sheathipedes which almost seems reasonable to my broken brain that's inevitably gonna have two copies of Saw's Renegades and already has a Sheathipede...

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

thespaceinvader posted:

Definitely.

Similarly, if you can find a big full-lot type sale you can trivially make a profit on most of them, just by selling off the high-value stuff. At least, a profit on your money, not necessarily your time.

I figure, I've got time to shitpost SA then I've probably got time to make arbitrage on toy rocketships.

Something to think about, at least.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The secondary market chat just reminded me that the Tie Interceptor expansion didn't come with PTL :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Booyah- posted:

The secondary market chat just reminded me that the Tie Interceptor expansion didn't come with PTL :lol:

Nope, the A-Wing did.

They fixed that and put two copies in Imperial Aces, I think.

• Locked thread