Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looked at her animations and smh at the people down on Mash Booster earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ilya also ends up being the best homoculi ever so the einzberns kill themselves in every timeline she doesn't win the Grail war .

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

"Mash, beat the poo poo out of him."
"Gladly!"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

After that dramatic teaser I enjoy the implication that Kerry smoked him then just peaced.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I mean, Angra is a ridiculously weak Servant whose sole niche is being the absolute best among Servants at...killing ordinary people that Servants don't have a problem doing anyway.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Gologle posted:

I mean, Angra is a ridiculously weak Servant whose sole niche is being the absolute best among Servants at...killing ordinary people that Servants don't have a problem doing anyway.

Apparently is Master Roshi based on what I just saw.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
disappointed we couldn't accuse the shadow of being Teach when he started groping

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I know Teach was known for plundering booty, but I don't think he's as successful in FGO

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know if it's a low key joke but Irisviel popping out of the chest animation normally reserved for grails while the actual grail is unceremoniously dumped on you via mission rewards had me laughing.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

Ilya will never ever grow up and be a bride. She's destined to die in a grail war. That's why she and Iris were created. That's why Kiritsugu is sad there. The real hosed up thing is that Kiritsugu and Irisviel banged and made her, instead of her being a doll grown in a vat. Why did the Einzberns have to do things like that? Why would they make a thing that could feel suffering?

They gave the Grail a personality so it could help preserve itself, the Lesser Grail got stolen (by the Nazis!) and eventually destroyed in the Third War because of this.

As for why Acht von Einzbern helped Kiritsugu and Iri produce a homuncu-baby: it gave him theoretical leverage over Kerry (hostage!) and was also a massive accomplishment for his magecraft. Acht is the kind of supervillain who responds to every problem the same, with his schtick being “MY DOLLS!” So the chance to do something previously thought impossible was too good to pass up. This is why Sella and Leysritt worship her in Fate iirc, she’s the closest a Homunculi can get to being “human”.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone else having huge performance issues after the patch on JP? I've been trying to download the in-game patch and its been frozen for like 20 minutes. And the music finally kicked in and when I tried to lower my volume even my phone's volume bar was laggy as hell.

Other stuff runs fine, including NA FGO, so I don't think it's an issue with my phone. And I played all of 1.5 part 1 just fine.

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

Yeah, the jp version seems to be having quite a few problems atm, I saw a lot of complaints about it yesterday. There was a twitter post from DW saying they were looking into it:

https://twitter.com/fgoproject/status/989088071269470208

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

The update yesterday was really slow on my end as well, for some reason it only progressed when I reset the Wifi connection on my tablet and then it jumped from 0% to 30%. Had to reset the connection a couple more times until it finished.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for anyone else having trouble: start the game, give it like ten minutes even after it's 'frozen,' disconnect your phone from all internet, tab back into the game and you should see the progress bar in the background. reconnect your phone to the internet, hit the reconnect button, let it sit for a while, repeat this process. eventually it should patch itself fully, though you might have to do some reconnect/disconnect shenanigans to get it over that final hump

also

it feels weird to see siegfried not slumping

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
mm, not sure if im a fan of that

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I had it freeze after hitting the download button yesterday. It fixed itself when I left it alone though. I have 4gb ram on my phone so at least I'm pretty sure it's not the phone chugging!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

I don't think they mean 'not okay' as in 'problematic' but 'not okay' as in dress of heaven
Thank you.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Gologle posted:

Ilya will never ever grow up and be a bride. She's destined to die in a grail war. That's why she and Iris were created. That's why Kiritsugu is sad there. The real hosed up thing is that Kiritsugu and Irisviel banged and made her, instead of her being a doll grown in a vat. Why did the Einzberns have to do things like that? Why would they make a thing that could feel suffering?
They're cute flesh robots, can't ask too much of them.

Endorph posted:

Anyone else having huge performance issues after the patch on JP? I've been trying to download the in-game patch and its been frozen for like 20 minutes. And the music finally kicked in and when I tried to lower my volume even my phone's volume bar was laggy as hell.

Other stuff runs fine, including NA FGO, so I don't think it's an issue with my phone. And I played all of 1.5 part 1 just fine.
Yeah the update did some fuckery to the files so the first time they are loaded they hitch crazy hard. Just let it happen, it clears up as it goes on. (Assuming you already got through the initial load) My guess is they added some new form of asset encryption and since decrypting is the kind of thing that pegs the CPU completely everything else freezes until it's done.

Vengarr posted:

As for why Acht von Einzbern helped Kiritsugu and Iri produce a homuncu-baby: it gave him theoretical leverage over Kerry (hostage!) and was also a massive accomplishment for his magecraft. Acht is the kind of supervillain who responds to every problem the same, with his schtick being “MY DOLLS!” So the chance to do something previously thought impossible was too good to pass up. This is why Sella and Leysritt worship her in Fate iirc, she’s the closest a Homunculi can get to being “human”.
That's because he's a sentient castle. :v:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 26, 2018

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

"Your dress looks nice." :downs:

Never change Gudako.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I was hoping the elemental Iris would have cutscenes of their own, how disappointing.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Dr Pepper posted:

"Your dress looks nice." :downs:

Never change Gudako.

I choose to read that as intentional teasing, there's no way the protagonist could resist snarking about how silly the Dress of Heaven looks on Iri

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Traveller posted:

I was hoping the elemental Iris would have cutscenes of their own, how disappointing.

Which is a shame because they sound completely different from normal Iri.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've been helped by rolling Angra and wasn't following the guide precisely, but I think I'm gonna end up clearing the shop (minus pieces/monuments) even before finishing missions.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Motto posted:

I've been helped by rolling Angra and wasn't following the guide precisely, but I think I'm gonna end up clearing the shop (minus pieces/monuments) even before finishing missions.

I didn't roll Angra (somehow!) and I've only got the Octuplet Crystals to go.

Meanwhile I've barely done any progress on the Journey to the West event, not getting any mats or Lore. Meh, there'll be better events eventually.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
how long until sumanai is a handsome boi on NA

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Transient People posted:

I choose to read that as intentional teasing, there's no way the protagonist could resist snarking about how silly the Dress of Heaven looks on Iri

Honestly, it looks completely normal compared to how it looks on Ilya.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySP0iwSuybA

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dragged the fight out when he could've just used the NP right away, B-

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
While Avenger walking up to Mash and going HONK was, on some level, kind of amusing, it's really the sort of thing I wish anime would stop doing so much of.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

avenger is the actual misogynistic shirou that everyone claims shirou is

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Darius team was Waver, Jing Ke, Lu Bu, a support Jeanne Alter, Mash and Herc. Only lost Jeanne and Jing Ke lived long enough to ultrastab Darius' face twice.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Aurora posted:

This is kind of accurate except angra will also readily admit that most women (and everyone else for that matter) can kick his rear end no problem being super weak and all

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Aurora posted:

Does he even ever really say anything misogynistic other than one misguided attempt at telling saber to stay in the kitchen, which he gets laughed in the face for?

the most heinous misogyny.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cuntellectual posted:

While Avenger walking up to Mash and going HONK was, on some level, kind of amusing, it's really the sort of thing I wish anime would stop doing so much of.

Aurora posted:

Yeah, dude is hosed up in the head. Not without good reason, but still.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

Does he even ever really say anything misogynistic other than one misguided attempt at telling saber to stay in the kitchen, which he gets laughed in the face for?

the most heinous misogyny.

he constantly talks about wanting to gently caress bazett but laments that he is too weak

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

ah yes... 'anime...'

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Clawtopsy posted:

how long until sumanai is a handsome boi on NA

but he is already handsome

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

I love this so much. Take that Honako Green.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why does charisma even have a chance to miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Tired Moritz posted:

why does charisma even have a chance to miss

It doesn't. Are you sure you were using Charisma?