Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

loquacius posted:

personally I'm still on phase 2 of metagame

AFAICT, phase 1 is "use feathers to promote units to use on content", phase 2 is "use feathers to promote units to give your active-duty units their optimal skill loadouts," and phase 3 is "use feathers to build up whaley multimerge projects"

I'm still out of Shannas and have roughly a zillion units that want Desperation, so I'm gonna be on phase 2 for a while

phases 4 through infinity are "use feathers on your vanity projects"

Huh, guess I'm on phase 3. I'm focusing my feathers on making the units I have better and/or merging them. I don't think I have any vanity projects, so this is the infinity phase for me I guess.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think I've only ever promoted a unit as fodder twice - a Cordelia for Galeforce and a Cecilia for Gronnraven+.

I've done it a few times. An Odin for Blarblade+ for my Summer Corrin, who has an atk, bane so I figured she needs every point of attack she can get. Then... 3 Cecilias for Gronnraven+, and even a Selena for TA3 because HHenry desperately needed it and I hadn't drawn a Roy in months.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

I've promoted Wrys to 5* twice just to give Live to Serve to Sakura and Nanna. :thumbsup:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Welp just spent like 15 minutes trying to get Hinoka&Takumi quests done and wondering why Anna kept getting pwned so bad by Hinoka, before realizing my Anna is currently level 24 :downs:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Doctor Syrup posted:

I've promoted Wrys to 5* twice just to give Live to Serve to Sakura and Nanna. :thumbsup:

Is there a reason live to serve 2 wasn't good enough for you?

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Andrast posted:

Is there a reason live to serve 2 wasn't good enough for you?

Not really, I just wanted the full healing value. I run them in TT and every little bit of HP helps.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

loquacius posted:

Welp just spent like 15 minutes trying to get Hinoka&Takumi quests done and wondering why Anna kept getting pwned so bad by Hinoka, before realizing my Anna is currently level 24 :downs:

If it makes you feel any better my level 40 5* Anna got one-shot by Hinoka on enemy phase.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Finally figured it out, did all the T&H quests at once, got 5 orbs in one fell swoop and promptly used them to receive a 4* Serra :c00l:

colorless hell is real

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Alxprit posted:

If it makes you feel any better my level 40 5* Anna got one-shot by Hinoka on enemy phase.

Triangle Adept!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

loquacius posted:

Finally figured it out, did all the T&H quests at once, got 5 orbs in one fell swoop and promptly used them to receive a 4* Serra :c00l:

colorless hell is real

She's here! Lucky you!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

just dumped all my orbs
no colorless, must pick green
stupid dragon kid

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I hope my 4882 is enough to get me into T20.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

panascope posted:

I hope my 4882 is enough to get me into T20.

Last I checked you need 700+ per run to get into T20. I expected to struggle with my 4* Alfonse this season, but I got a late Leif which scores very nicely!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

just dumped all my orbs
stupid dragon kid

Haha that's brilliant.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
save it for when you get pitybroken chasing Mitama

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Alxprit posted:

If you give Anna fury then she kills Hinoka on enemy phase instead.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

completed all the quests in one go with Azama/Fjorm/Anna/Alfonse

Azama was there for Drive Defense and moral support. Any healer could have replaced him, but who else will tell me that Death Comes for Everyone?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sodium Chloride posted:

If you give Anna fury then she kills Hinoka on enemy phase instead.

She also counterkills Hinoka if you park her next to a 5* Sharena (thanks to Fensalir and Fortify Def)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
5138 puts me at rank 921 for AA, already ready for it to fall to over 3k by monday

They were all +10 and had different builds but I like the LaD armor the most

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 25, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

just dumped all my orbs
stupid dragon kid

This made me laugh. Good job!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

rannum posted:

Is it just me or has the story suddenly gotten very fast.
We spent several pretty nice (imo) chapters first establishing the new plot, then several searching for Gunnthra while evading the fire twins. We even set up some future plot points for: taking in the fire, how askr will slowly be attacked in the mean time since surtr & veronica are off in askr, captured Laegjarn, established there's a third muspell general
then in the past 2 chapters:
-surtr is suddenly (I guess Loki did it?) back in Nifl with no explanation, found gunnthra before we did, killed gunnthra like 3 times
-lost Laegjarn off screen
-Had neither fire princess show up in either chapter's scenes
-went directly to the Nifl altar to conduct the rite with no transition scenes
-Surtr is suddenly back in Askr and kidnapping Veronica for a sacrifice
-now we're ready for the final battle

I expected another character-building chase chapter or 2 between the last one and this one, but now I'm not sure we'll even get a transition chapter as we head to muspell. It's all weirdly sudden

Also Bruno not being in this is even weirder after that final scene.

continues to be relevant

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

They were all +10 and had different builds

jesus

How much money do people spend on this game to get 40 of a unit I couldn't pull one of

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

loquacius posted:

jesus

How much money do people spend on this game to get 40 of a unit I couldn't pull one of

44 :spergin:

some people spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Fine, I'll put Fury on Anna next time. Her A was empty because she usually gets the job done anyway. Serves me right

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Trying to figure out how to let fjorm land the killing blow in the bhb and coming up with Nadal. Too much enemy follow up, she dies the following turn

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
someone might just put takumi in arena assault and you can murder him there

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

Trying to figure out how to let fjorm land the killing blow in the bhb and coming up with Nadal. Too much enemy follow up, she dies the following turn

I just dumped her in range of Takumi and the blue horse on turn one. Default skill loadout+QR3 seal. She survived with 4 hp. She might have had some buffs idk.

My Fjorm is +1 so maybe the extra point of attack mattered?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tithin posted:

QR Seal and buffs. She's built to tank ranged units but doesn't have the speed or power to one-shot on the counter. I only have the Fjorm you get from doing the story, stock skills, and she was fine with a couple hones up.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

tithin posted:

Default Fjorm w/ QR3 seal next to someone with some attack buff (I used spur attack 3, but hone attack should work just as fine) & Drive Defense 2 seal nearby should kill Takumi & the blue mage, then someone behind her can go forward & kill the axe cav (I used axe breaker alfonse). My Alfonse & Fjorm are S Rank so she had +2 extra attack & defense, but you can probably mess with seals on other units to add in the other attack boosting seals as needed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

QR seal Fjorm killed Takumi and blue mage on turn 1 enemy phase and then spent the entire rest of the fight hiding in a corner trying not to get hurt

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Finally got the last Athena I needed to merge her to +10 :toot:

Would you mind putting her and Felicia in the OP, cheetah? I keep forgetting to ask.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Done

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Thank you :)

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
oh yeah I keep losing track of this thread but I finally finished the good strong boy.

Where Sigurd is good for making the most of lower resistance, Seliph is meant for facetanking huge reverse triangle hits. Dunno that he's worth the investment but he's far better than given credit for.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

neongrey posted:

oh yeah I keep losing track of this thread but I finally finished the good strong boy.

Where Sigurd is good for making the most of lower resistance, Seliph is meant for facetanking huge reverse triangle hits. Dunno that he's worth the investment but he's far better than given credit for.

Why Bonfire over Ignis?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

neongrey posted:

A powerful boy, I deem him to be the change

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh gently caress me, if I knew someone was gonna do Seliph, then well-

idk but I guess I need someone new to be my change.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Onmi posted:

Why Bonfire over Ignis?

Slight personal preference for the charge speed, even with an accelerator. He tends to counterkill regardless, when he's attacked in range-- if something survives it's not by the difference, typically.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

He needs a new axe eventually, but for now here's my good woodchopping boy.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Why does Klein sometimes give me 500 feathers in the castle? Its happened twice now it's like he knows he's my favourite.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Every time you use a hero in battle they gain hero merit. At each interval of 500 points, they give you 500 feathers, up to a current limit of 5000 hero merit. So yes, it's a reward for him being your favourite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

speaking of hero merit, I'm grinding it out via the free ghbs and booooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy when i cash in it's gonna be swell

eventual goal is to max out all of them but i'm not sure how realistic that is

or how time consuming

i'd like to just leave it running on my PC while i go to work but that seems kinda lovely to do, so i'm only doing it while I'm actually at my PC and keeping an eye on it.