Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I got the battlepass pretty late and the 50v50 is great for doing the location challenges.

Also on the cheating side, seems it would be reasonably easy for someone to run macro scripts to build things like 3 story 1x1 towers just by pressing a key.

You’d not only have to memorise which relative crosshair position is the one that makes it work, but also build only away from any objects that building blocks can be clipped to.

The only legit easy hack that’s not a wall hack would probably be aimbot for things like tactical SMG, heavy or pump shotgun, and scoped assault rifle, unless you are ready to wait for testing accuracy on each shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
the fortnite goons discord is pretty slow so I'd figure i'd post here- epic name 'skoptsi' if anyone is up for some dumb 50v50 fuckery

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
The sticky nades are so cool. This drip feed content is incredible!

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
without a big company like Tencent Chinese people wouldn't have the opportunity to esport at all. i don't get the big hubbub they seem fine for the situation

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

eriddy posted:

without a big company like Tencent Chinese people wouldn't have the opportunity to esport at all. i don't get the big hubbub they seem fine for the situation

Yeah I'm not quite sure what people are getting at when they say their involvement 'ruins' games other than they primarily invite people to tournaments who play the game in the region they publish it in.
Do they throw off the devcycle? Add more exploitable/sloppy code that leads to hacking in western servers?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah I'm not quite sure what people are getting at when they say their involvement 'ruins' games other than they primarily invite people to tournaments who play the game in the region they publish it in.
Do they throw off the devcycle? Add more exploitable/sloppy code that leads to hacking in western servers?

They usually force Western developers hand to implement aggressively milking monetisation policies, common in Asian markets.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cinci zoo sniper posted:

They usually force Western developers hand to implement aggressively milking monetisation policies, common in Asian markets.

But don't they set the terms of the monetization in their locale only? Like the way Blizzard set up their games on entirely different models in Asia back in the day? Or is it something like they have the pull to force those models on other markets? I'd suspect the Western publishers would usually be glad to go along with the lovely monetization if it's been demonstrated to work, and enjoy having the mean old Chinese publisher to blame for 'forcing' them to include horse armor or whatever.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 25, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

But don't they set the terms of the monetization in their locale only? Like the way Blizzard set up their games on entirely different models in Asia back in the day? Or is it something like they have the pull to force those models on other markets? I'd suspect the Western publishers would usually be glad to go along with the lovely monetization if it's been demonstrated to work, and enjoy having the mean old Chinese publisher for 'forcing' them to include horse armor or whatever.

Being the largest gaming company by revenue (more than Sony with Activision Blizzard combined), and holding the key to Chinese markets, they have more than enough leverage on Western developers and exercise it freely outside their domestic markets.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Sticky nades own, i hit someone with one last night so he ran straight at me and killed me in the explosion then survived. 10/10.
Port-a-forts can probably go away soon, they are kinda cool but they give such a huge advantage I am not a big fan

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

can you stick the sticky nades to teammates?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

tote up a bags posted:

Port-a-forts can probably go away soon, they are kinda cool but they give such a huge advantage I am not a big fan

the answer here lies somewhere between "just build lol" and "use the door at the bottom"

AAB fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 25, 2018

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

AAB posted:

Yes, had a teammate jump in front of me as I threw one at an enemy and it stuck to him.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

AAB posted:

Yup there’s already people sticking them to teammates who then run at enemies to blow them up

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ah, my Caspian Border buggy memories

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/989146217765629954

what does it meannnnn

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fortnite is coming to Dendy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It means someone on Fortnite's Social Media team is tripping on something.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It means someone on Fortnite's Social Media team is tripping on something.

I haven't thought about Brian Peppers in over a decade.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

AAB posted:

Died to a guy stickying his teammate and then impulsing him into us. Wasn't even mad.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

one of the replies to that tweet :catstare:

https://twitter.com/officialdoxx/status/989146361399578625

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

its probably multiple locations and not just tilted. map overhaul

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

:perfect:

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

just ran into my first squad playing in solos. 4 dudes just running along, i thought they were about to fight and wanted to join in. they turned and focused me and ran off.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

something awful DOT com used to be a comedy forum where we could make fun of the distruction of tilted towers...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

By the way, you can solo queue in duos now if you want a middle ground between solos and solo squads.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Five days left in the season, five boxes on the screen.

Port a forts are great for juking people. Throw down a fort in front of you, go around the side and shoot out the ramp the opponent is using to push up, shoot the chump with a pump.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Cheen posted:

something awful DOT com used to be a comedy forum where we could make fun of the distruction of tilted towers...

i remember these times

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

ptkfvk posted:

just ran into my first squad playing in solos. 4 dudes just running along, i thought they were about to fight and wanted to join in. they turned and focused me and ran off.

I’d report them (or at least the one you spectated when killed)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

By the way, you can solo queue in duos now if you want a middle ground between solos and solo squads.

Misread this as "can solo queue in discos" and was like thank goodness, the squad v squad dance battles were giving me Step Up 2: The Streets shakes.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Cheen posted:

If you click the tweet, dude posted another one that's a fortnite shop from the parkland shooting. Proceed with caution, it may be :nms:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

New favorite theory:

The meteor is just another box with loot, but will include future themed weapons/space weapons/melee weapons. Will hit randomnly in the map and attract looters from a wide radio.
Opening the meteor box could unlock random skins/decoration props.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 26, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Tei posted:

New favorite theory:

The meteor is just another box with loot, but will include future themed weapons/space weapons/melee weapons. Will hit randomnly in the map and attract looters from a wide radio.
Opening the meteor box could unlock random skins/decoration props.

All meteors picked up can be opened after a set time limit. It takes 12 hours to 7 days to open the meteors depending on thw rarity of meteor. You can spend V-Bucks to crack them open instantly. Accounts can only hold 4 meteors at a time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I’d settle for meteors randomly destroying a named location within each zone.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I’d settle for meteors randomly destroying a named location within each zone.

As long as it also always destroys Tilted

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ill be saf when the meteors destroy lucky landinh.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Ill be saf when the meteors destroy lucky landinh.

Lucky Landing is my hometown and I'll fight any meteors that look at it funny

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Why don't people like the cornucopia that is tilted?

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

Hardawn posted:

Why don't people like the cornucopia that is tilted?

Personally I don't dislike it but I try to avoid landing there unless I'm just looking for a huge fight. The main thing it has going against it is the verticality. You have climb four floors to try and find the person stomping around in the same building as you and then you can easily get sniped from another building or something so it's easy to have unsatisfying fights there, and so many people tend to drop there that it's hard to get a good idea of when you're safe.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Tilted is chaotic, most of the time, and that's why it's fun. I don't understand why people want it to go away. It has to be a lack of confidence or skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

TT is great for hitting those "weapon dmg/kill" challenges or if you're just looking to get in a few quick & frantic firefights. For me though, I know full well I'm not usually going to be the one dude who makes it out of TT alive, so if I actually want to make a run at winning the game, I avoid it like the plague.