Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm revisiting hour 3 of the first 24 Terrible Hours. I had completely forgotten how infuriating the (thankfully hypothetical) app for selling your leftovers is - if you want to feel like you're helping people but are too much of a selfish shithead to actually donate food, do we have the idea for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Benny the Snake posted:

So during Garbage Day, Lemon said that he can only do Simpsons drawings. Is Lemon Ted Rall?!

Implying that Ted Rall can do Simpson drawings?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I haven't listened to this podcast in years, wanna get back in but there's probably a lot of new content. Is there a particular recommended episode that is benignly goofy like the sasquatch lady or Roy Orbisson Wrapped in Cling Film instead of horribly legit disturbing and upsetting like that one live event where they read some awful book excerpts that should've landed the author at the very least on a watch list?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Calaveron posted:

I haven't listened to this podcast in years, wanna get back in but there's probably a lot of new content. Is there a particular recommended episode that is benignly goofy like the sasquatch lady or Roy Orbisson Wrapped in Cling Film instead of horribly legit disturbing and upsetting like that one live event where they read some awful book excerpts that should've landed the author at the very least on a watch list?

go back two pages, and you'll see plenty of good recommendations for a similar request

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How much has the cast changed

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Acier is gone. :(

Squiddy is back sometimes! :buddy:

New Ridiculist Achilles' Heelies has the best name of the gang.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Stog, Kumpot, Portaxx, bunnybread still in? Jimmyfranks didn't have to go back to the 50's to keep being a radio announcer?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Stog, Kumpot, Portaxx, bunnybread still in? Jimmyfranks didn't have to go back to the 50's to keep being a radio announcer?

Yep

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also Zarla showed up again after like 4 years and she's great.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lumbermouth posted:

Also Zarla showed up again after like 4 years and she's great.

Was she the one who guested in one of the fanfic episodes? The Swedish author one? She was so good in it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Calaveron posted:

Try the very recent "Flashlight Enthusiasts?"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

china bot posted:

go back two pages, and you'll see plenty of good recommendations for a similar request
This, but I'll also specifically recommend r/INTJ as one of the funniest drat things they've ever recorded.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

This, but I'll also specifically recommend r/INTJ as one of the funniest drat things they've ever recorded.

Soon as I get home I'm downloading the good old classics (tvtropes, planet moneygrubber, allrecipes, sasquatch and dolphin ladies, CLINGFILM, the cartoons one, Garfield fanfic, the one with the CSI episode, a bunch more) then I'll start hitting your list

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh poo poo the episode where Lemon's internet dies at the very beginning and the children are left to fend for themselves

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Calaveron posted:

Soon as I get home I'm downloading the good old classics (tvtropes, planet moneygrubber, allrecipes, sasquatch and dolphin ladies, CLINGFILM, the cartoons one, Garfield fanfic, the one with the CSI episode, a bunch more) then I'll start hitting your list
All right! I went back in time (#199 #799) and added a few more. :)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Oh god the clingfilm episode, that was gold, thanks Calaveron.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hey, with all their latest infamy, are there any FPlus episodes that deal with incels? I feel like there might be, but my memory is awful.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

T-man posted:

Hey, with all their latest infamy, are there any FPlus episodes that deal with incels? I feel like there might be, but my memory is awful.

Why of course!

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
They did the Governments get Girlfriends guy in episode 100 and they've done a lot of incel-adjacent stuff, but I think the actual incel "movement" is too gross and sad. If it wasn't before it definitely is now.

e: beaten and wrong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Planet Fict is an all-time reading because despite what the writer says, it is not a story at all.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Thanks goons me and my friend will enjoy this episode.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I had completely forgotten Kumquatxop's fantastic rendition of Michael Barrier
Also yikes that John Kricfalusi post they read, did they ever say anything about his recent accusations?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Hey F Plus scholars, there's one episode where John Toast (?) reads a misspelled post as "one Brazilian dollars" and I can't remember which one it is.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
For some reason I couldn't remember what incels were. Google told me and gave me an SPLC related article. I thought these assholes were just a lonely and mostly harmless group.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

They drove a van into 10 people. Because toxic masculinity tells them that sex is the only means of validating themselves as people, while simultaneously placing the onerous of sex on women's choices, rather than as an equitable and compassionate choice on two+ people.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Incels are a terrorist group now.

What a time to be alive.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Incels should be in cells

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I think the fplus tag says it all: "oppression fetish". That describes half the internet and at least half of political activity these days and no I'm not describing the "left" half.

edit: episode 103 is funny and covers the incel thing from the mra aspect.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 29, 2018

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

whoops

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You have no idea how happy I was when that stupid bidet discussion came up in the GameFAQs episode because it meant that "the mysteries of toilets" tag from the MRA episode could be used again.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I don't think the car was on, but a local dude still ended up loving the car hot.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

At least he didn't gently caress the car hot.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
NEVER gently caress the car hot.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Wtf, King Lou was on The Flop House? Why hasn't he done more episodes with them?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

NEVER gently caress the car hot.

What is this, Obama's America?!?!

Car Fuckers For Trump 2020

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Arrhythmia posted:

Wtf, King Lou was on The Flop House? Why hasn't he done more episodes with them?
He doesn't work for The Daily Show.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Arrhythmia posted:

Because he's funny and has a pleasant-sounding voice, both of which are antithetical to the Flop House.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Because he doesn't spend 70% of an episode shilling for Blue Apron.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Guy Mann posted:

Because he's funny and has a pleasant-sounding voice, both of which are antithetical to the Flop House.
Elliott's relentless free association and Kermit-loving-Porky voice are extremely funny and pleasant things, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, thanks for the head's up about that. Back when I got into the Flop House, I skipped over all of the non-Elliott episodes and didn't realize Lou was on a couple.