Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

New Cap is pretty ridiculous and satisfying to use, and I might cave in and grab new Spider-Man when I get enough crystals after hearing about how good he is.

I'm still working on getting Thanos to 6* so I don't have the bios to see how much more levels on people makes a difference yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I just loaded it up. I have about 6,000 crystals saved. I don't know if the Extreme Battle mode is worth buying (the Black Panther one was only worth buying as it got his uniform too.)

So instead I might buy a bunch of the costumes.

Edit: Having read about it the rewards for Legendary look a bit poo poo. More costumes for me.

So to level somebody above 60, they have to be Tier 2. Then you have to do World Boss fights to increase their potential.

I completed the first rank of World Boss Ultimate for Proximia Midnight with my team of Cyclops, Captain America and Cable. That got Cap 12.5% potential.
I will let you know how much potential you get for doing normal.

Also as a side bonus they removed all the tasks to unlock World Bosses. So I had Apocalypse unlocked for me. It will be a while before I can clear him 10 times to unlock him.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 25, 2018

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

What’s the deal with the card you get from the extreme infinity challenge? That’s the only reason to pay for it right?

This really has refreshed the game a ton for me. I can’t really get past phase 3 with most of my teams. Maybe I need to build one of these beefy cables everyone talks about.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Dravs posted:

My next character to level up was going to be Jean, however now I might have to change to Thanos. Do they both cost the same to level? Or does Thanos take a lot more resources?

They cost the same in bios and gold, only difference is Jean uses xmen mats and thanos uses bam and chaos norns. Plus now thanos can keep going to t3 whereas Jean is likely holding out for the Dark Phoenix movie.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So from looking at it, doing Ultimate World Boss mode is the only way to get Tier 3 materials (and Cap is the only one who can go to Tier 3 at the moment.)

But before you rush to do five Ultimate World Boss fights a day, each one only gives 12.5% potential to a character.
Which means they have to do it 8 times before you can get them to be able to rank up higher than level 60.

So if you can do Ultimate World Boss (And to do that you probably have to use Meta characters like Cable or Wolverine who aren't getting potential) do it. But you'll also be just as well clearing normal World Boss with teams made up of 1 OP character and like Winter Soldier and Ironman.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

LOL someone on reddit said the Cap America in SL stage one is using his t3 skill against you, wiped two of his chars in seconds.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

The Question IRL posted:

But before you rush to do five Ultimate World Boss fights a day, each one only gives 12.5% potential to a character.
Which means they have to do it 8 times before you can get them to be able to rank up higher than level 60.

Actually it's super random. I fought Scarlet Witch with Cap on my team (was using Sharog) and they got rocketed to 100% potential easily

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I got all super low percentages and then Spider-man got 35% on a Phase 2 difficulty for some reason.

So wait normal World Boss hands out potential too? At a lower rate or what?

Bought Spiderman and Cap uniforms, trying to control my urges to buy all.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Got potential unlocked on Strange from one level 2 prox run (worth noting that she can be hit by time freeze now, weren't all WBU's immune?)

Levelled him to 70 with maybe 1/2 the pile of random bios I had around, should have noted the numbers. Something like 3000? But he took any of them so it was like 700 magnetos and a bunch of other ones. Plus a whole lot of BAM, I really should have paid attention but I assume there's already a post on reddit with the numbers.

Had enough of the new materials to get his slot 1 gear to level 63 then ran out. Welp.

also I got spoiled on spider-man's infinity war upgrade by opening the app.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I Love Loosies posted:

It says that this is the first pack of Infinity War costumes. So she is probably in the next one.

That's what I figured.

I was hoping they'd make WBU a little easier, but nope, still crushes Wolverine in seconds. The battle with Spider-Man and Thanos is just brutal.

I don't like how they took away that thing that let you know what you had and had not done. I was always forgetting to do epic quest stuff and that was helpful.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

That's what I figured.

I was hoping they'd make WBU a little easier, but nope, still crushes Wolverine in seconds. The battle with Spider-Man and Thanos is just brutal.

I don't like how they took away that thing that let you know what you had and had not done. I was always forgetting to do epic quest stuff and that was helpful.

Status board is still there, button between Enter and Dimension Rift

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Finally reading the patch notes, I thought the ultimate difficulty would shift per day but it's just straight up only for Proxima until the next update.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
How are you guys getting strange to 70 and crap? I can only use these guys once in wb

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im freaking the heck out posted:

How are you guys getting strange to 70 and crap? I can only use these guys once in wb

its random so just gotta be a lucky duck

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I got 100% on Cap and got him to 66 with the bios I had (500 saved for him, plus a day's worth of xmen genes, rift, special, and dr strange flunky bios). The rest of my chars only got 25% or so. I just did normal world boss this morning before the reset, haven't tried ultimate yet. Used my gem stockpile on the Cap costume, not sure what else to get yet. Got Iron Man to T2. Winter Soldier and Groot to go, and I think Corvus is at 4* out of the currently focused batch of dudes.

You only need to get the max potential once? Hopefully WBU gives more BAM and stuff now, those and bios are my bottleneck currently between the new stuff and my old waiting list of Corvus, Dormammu, Adam Warlock, Supergiant, Black Dwarf, Odin.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah I got potential unlocked on strange after a single fight.

Level 70 Strange still gets dumpstered by a 60 QS. :geno:

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Is there a list of who can gain potential right now? I assumed it would have been implemented for all characters in IW, but it's not.

EDIT: it's in the character card for your T2's. I guess I gotta T2 BW and Iron Man. Lame.

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 25, 2018

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Diddler posted:

Is there a list of who can gain potential right now? I assumed it would have been implemented for all characters in IW, but it's not.

EDIT: it's in the character card for your T2's. I guess I gotta T2 BW and Iron Man. Lame.

I went and looked because I was wondering and:

- Realizing Potential and enhancing its level (which unlocks the ability to eat hundreds of any bios/genes (edit: and bams/chaos norns/new stuff) for 62/64/66/68/70) will be available for 11 characters: Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Spider-Man, Groot, Winter Soldier, Doctor Strange, Proxima Midnight, Corvus Glaive and Thanos. You can then get their gear to 25, which will cost a lot more for the last 4 as they are native T2s.
- T3 is just Captain America at the moment.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 25, 2018

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Level 70 alone doesn't seem like a huge stat boost so far, so Cap is likely the only one worth it right now as no one else has a t3.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Ok cool thanks guys, just my usual bad luck getting em potentialed at all then lol.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Oh snap, you can choose uniforms for your user picture now

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I think you've always been able to do that, or at least since I started playing again a few months ago.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fried Sushi posted:

Status board is still there, button between Enter and Dimension Rift

Ah, thats probably why I missed it, I forgot what it was called.

So you're not guaranteed to get the promotion thing from the WB?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

So you're not guaranteed to get the promotion thing from the WB?

Yea it's random how much % you get from a WB/WBU clear, but you only need to "realize potential" one time on each character so it's not a big deal.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m also a ding dong and didn’t realize this characters need to be T2 to start filling up potential.

Cap shot to 100 today which is best case scenario for me. Soooo much grinding ahead.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Winter Soldier uniform is very good.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I haven't regretted buying any of the new unis, and they all pulled their weight in Shadowlands. I don't have anyone like Cable or Jean at 6* yet, but I've been able to get to the 30th floor finally thanks to my Cap, Widow, Iron Man, and Winter Soldier being that much better. I should be able to get Thanos to 6* in a few days and finally beat Shadowlands unless I screw something up.

Is there anything special about Daredevil that I should know about?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

How the hell do you get past Floors 27 and 29 without the big native T2s? You're a much better player than I am.

Floor 30 Daredevil just seems to have a high dodge so if you can use a Bullseye leadership or something it helps. I usually use Cable because he's got the same Ignore Dodge leadership and you can just spam the 5. But I've beaten Daredevil with a bunch of Combat people like Wolverine, Carnage, and Agent Venom.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

A surfing dog?! posted:

Is there anything special about Daredevil that I should know about?

He's really not that hard. I've beaten him with like 15 different guys. If you have a strong combat character left he's easy. You can nuke him down if you have a strong meta blast/universal left too. He's the least scary thing about the last 5 stages.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, 27 and 29 are the tough ones. 26 and 28 CAN be if you don't have the right pieces for your draw. But I never sweat Daredevil.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

How the hell do you get past Floors 27 and 29 without the big native T2s? You're a much better player than I am.

Floor 30 Daredevil just seems to have a high dodge so if you can use a Bullseye leadership or something it helps. I usually use Cable because he's got the same Ignore Dodge leadership and you can just spam the 5. But I've beaten Daredevil with a bunch of Combat people like Wolverine, Carnage, and Agent Venom.

I beat floor 27 with Wolverine, Cap, and Spider-Man and for 29 I used Quicksilver with Shuri and he tore through them pretty easily. I'll try to save Wolverine for 30 next time.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Which one of you is HotballsJohnson

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

verbal enema posted:

Which one of you is HotballsJohnson

Me

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I'm HotballsJohnson

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

You have a good name am I'm said I couldn't do your right because I'm at work

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
oh no

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

He has a Charlie Morton av, he can be HotballsJohnson I guess.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Say I don't need to realize potential since it's only Cap right now and I'm done, is it still better to do WBU (Proxima only) vs the daily extra reward WB in terms of rewards?

Like does it give more BAM/CNS per run? It also has a chance to drop a cosmic fragment so I suppose I should just always be doing WBU?

I'm trying to maximize my laziness here help

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

From what I can tell you get about twice as much BAM and Chaos stones from the daily boss than you do from chasing Proxima Ultimate. I'd say that if you have a goal to T3 Cap you should probably do Proxima because it's going to take a lot of T3 material from what I can tell. It will pay long term to start stockpiling. But if you're still focused on T2ing people or working up the native T2s then the Daily Boss will get you those materials quicker. So it's a question of your priorities.

I also suspect the World Boss upgrade is a little buggy because it claims I should get better rewards the farther I go up in Proxima Ultimate but I didn't notice a difference between 1 and 4. Maybe it's just more random or doesn't kick in until later, but I haven't seen a difference the first two days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I just got him to level 70 and realize I do need to only do WBU because I need gear mats. Fuk

QUESTION: DDE vs POAH for ISO set for a T3 cap

All opinions welcome