Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Towers are fine but so many people drop there that a lot of the map feels kinda empty.
Also I've had matches where the player count was 20 before the first circle closed and I guess that's because of Tilted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

i think having it right next to another barrier like loot lake can be frustrating. tilted getting such a high percentage of players does make the map seem emptier than it was before.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

el B posted:

Tilted is chaotic, most of the time, and that's why it's fun. I don't understand why people want it to go away. It has to be a lack of confidence or skill.

Or it's because 30-40 people die there within 2 minutes and the rest of the map feeling empty. In PUBG you also have a high loot density area (military), but at least there it's at the edge of the map. Which is a major extra downside of landing there, you're generally looking at a run across half the map, if you even win at all.

I'd love it if they swapped Tilted Towers with another POI, like Wailing Woods or something.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seditiar posted:

Or it's because 30-40 people die there within 2 minutes and the rest of the map feeling empty. In PUBG you also have a high loot density area (military), but at least there it's at the edge of the map. Which is a major extra downside of landing there, you're generally looking at a run across half the map, if you even win at all.

I'd love it if they swapped Tilted Towers with another POI, like Wailing Woods or something.

Swap TT with Lucky Landing.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Swap TT with Lucky Landing.

I could get behind this.

Or just have the areas rotate randomly, that'd be nifty!

I can never look at the item shop again, though: I fuckin bought that pizza cutter baby, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :bubblewoop: :parrot: :zoid:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

just procedurally generate the entire map, there's enough emphasis on prefab assets already

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

I could get behind this.

I can never look at the item shop again, though: I fuckin bought that pizza cutter baby, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :bubblewoop: :parrot: :zoid:

Here's another million dollar shitpost pitch - make loot lake bigger and place tilted on the island.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I survive to the top 20 almost every time by simply staying away from Tilted.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Seditiar posted:

Or it's because 30-40 people die there within 2 minutes and the rest of the map feeling empty.

Lol

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

confirmed that there are random sporadic meteors starting to fall and destroy poo poo around the map

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Is it like the red zone in pubg?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

el B posted:

Is it like the red zone in pubg?

Looks like they are randomly bombarding map right now, destroying buildings and poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AAB posted:

confirmed that there are random sporadic meteors starting to fall and destroy poo poo around the map

Really? I swore that last night I saw one hit, but just figured I was tired.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Here's another million dollar shitpost pitch - make loot lake bigger and place tilted on the island.

Get rid of the island, put TT under the lake.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Did you even play this game before Tilted? What he's saying is exactly right. I have over 330 wins with a 13% WR so no it's not confidence or skill - Titled sucks because it changed the flow of the game for the worse.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Super Rad posted:

Did you even play this game before Tilted? What he's saying is exactly right. I have over 330 wins with a 13% WR so no it's not confidence or skill - Titled sucks because it changed the flow of the game for the worse.

Lmao

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AAB posted:

Whoa wtf, seriously? I've barely been on since the new patch, I gotta dig this tonight since my partner is gone till late :getin:

Super Rad posted:

I have over 330 wins with a 13% WR so no it's not confidence or skill - Titled sucks because it changed the flow of the game for the worse.

:circlefap:

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Games goons are the loving worst

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Super Rad posted:

Your WR is now 12.9%

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Super Rad posted:

Did you even play this game before Tilted?

Yes

Super Rad posted:

Games goons stat whores are the loving worst

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

lmao must be low skilled, scrub

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Epic has clearly been trying to encourage people to drop at unpopular spots with their weekly challenges. It makes sense that they would want Tilted gone. I'm sure people will just collectively decide on a new hot spot if they were to remove it, though.

Personally I'm hoping for a whole new map next season.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

wa27 posted:

Epic has clearly been trying to encourage people to drop at unpopular spots with their weekly challenges. It makes sense that they would want Tilted gone. I'm sure people will just collectively decide on a new hot spot if they were to remove it, though.

Personally I'm hoping for a whole new map next season.

Uhh actually I hope they DON'T introduce a new map because it will split the player base and also they need to implement skill based matchmaking and a ranked system

This is a poo poo post

el B fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 26, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Super Rad posted:

The post is coming from inside the Games forum!

el B posted:

Uhh actually I hope they DON'T introduce a new map because it will split the player base and also they need to implement skill based matchmaking and a ranked system

I think introducing a new map but not allowing you to pick which map you play on would be awesome. Also gently caress no on matchmaking, but we've had these conversations a million times, so...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I have 2 wins with a 1.4% win rate and I’m here to say once and for all,

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Johnny Truant posted:

The post is coming from inside the Games forum!

I think introducing a new map but not allowing you to pick which map you play on would be awesome. Also gently caress no on matchmaking, but we've had these conversations a million times, so...

No you're right I was just adding to the lovely opinions parade

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly, fortnite really does not need to worry about "splitting the player base." it's literally one of the most popular games in the entire world. if they split the base, both halves will still loving dwarf every other game's player base except maybe PUBG and Overwatch.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly, fortnite really does not need to worry about "splitting the player base." it's literally one of the most popular games in the entire world. if they split the base, both halves will still loving dwarf every other game's player base except maybe PUBG and Overwatch.

And it will be like that forever and ever, especially if you split the player base while it’s at peak popularity.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

el B posted:

Matchmaking/ranked system will split the playerbase way, way loving worse. I agree it needs to be added, but at that point you might as well add an extra map. I'm not really sure what the threshold of a healthy matchmaking population is, I'm guessing for BR you really don't need a whole lot more than 100k. But it also depends on how you'd do a matchmaking system. Probably the default Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Master/Grand Master. Maybe Grand Master is reaching a bit though, that tends to be the top 0.5% and I can't see how that queue would stay healthy when Fortnite BR drops below 100k active players.

Even if it's 5 brackets of 20% player base each, it'd be a leap in the right direction. Maybe streamers/top players would even stop being bored by mostly meeting droolers who can barely build.

Someone suggested a while ago is generated stuff. But seeing as PvE maps have abysmal performance even with a top-end PC, and are only 25% the size of the BR map, I don't think that's an option at all. Not to mention that all the special people would cry their hearts out at hearing they can't learn every static little corner and rock.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 26, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Super Rad posted:

lmao must be low skilled, scrub

Loud words for someone who can't even win 50% of games that matchmaking is calibrated for.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

wa27 posted:

Epic has clearly been trying to encourage people to drop at unpopular spots with their weekly challenges.

Me: "Oh? Incentives?"
*takes a step out of fortified safehouse*
*thinks I hear a noise*
*shrinks back into place, shotgun pointed at door*

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Loud words for someone who can't even win 50% of games that matchmaking is calibrated for.

plz no statslutshaming

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/04/26/epic-moves-ahead-with-its-lawsuit-against-14-year-old-fortnite-cheater

Lmao

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

About loving time they moved forward with it. Literally the only thing they asked first was to just take down the video. But his parents told Epic to gently caress off and didn't want to do it.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
If I land in tilted, I go taco shoppe then curl around and bust that wall. Can usually kill the person going after the chest by the trees in-between the taco shoppe and tower

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My spies say that Fortnite made 223 million dollars in march.

Titled towers was a mistake, and not one with a recover solution. Is planetside 2 indar base "The Crown" all again. But since people like it, oh well.

Maybe moving it a bit to the side of the map would help,... apparently thats what "save" PÜBG from the same problem.

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 27, 2018

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

i expect them to remove and add locations every once in a while. no need for a new map if its being updated with some regularity. they can work on quadrants or whatever and make changes. they have already changed it, no reason why they wouldnt keep doing it.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

looks like TOTALLY NOT Wonder Woman is joining the fight??

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Had my poo poo royally FREAKED last night when I was running across the map with the squad and suddenly a meteor took out one of the dilapidated houses we were running past, I literally shat out a fort and was like ffffffffffffffffffuck :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

really looking forward to more knockoff skins like

Thunder Hammer Guy
Sprint Man
The Human Robot
Slurp Dude
Fire Fister
Ms Constructo
The Fort-en-ator