Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

loquacius posted:

Would you like to claim that the Russians hacked your SA account and edited these posts in, or

the russians have been adding ableist slurs to my posts for years now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

Do you want an end to oppression, or do you just want to change up who's being oppressed every so often?

most “liberals” want the later. you can this in their constant “ironic” posts about killing white people, or cis people or whatever.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

most “liberals” want the later. you can this in their constant “ironic” posts about killing white people, or cis people or whatever.

wow some ally you are

*puts self against wall*

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it bugs me that 'liberal' is just used to mean 'democrat i don't like' now, i have to say

plenty of indispensable critiques of the obama admin & the clinton camp came from explicitly liberal sources like the New York Review of Books, the New Republic, and The American Prospect

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I’ve recently just started using liberal as a democrat who is a piece of poo poo, with regressive views. tell-tale signs including supporting Hillary, defending obama, and posting in the d&d trump thread.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GalacticAcid posted:

it bugs me that 'liberal' is just used to mean 'democrat i don't like' now, i have to say

plenty of indispensable critiques of the obama admin & the clinton camp came from explicitly liberal sources like the New York Review of Books, the New Republic, and The American Prospect
you should have seen it coming when they started accepting MIC mass murderers and CIA torture barons into the liberal fold

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I’ve recently just started using liberal as a democrat who is a piece of poo poo, with regressive views. tell-tale signs including supporting Hillary, defending obama, and posting in the d&d trump thread.

yea and i don't mean to single you out, it's become widespread both in c-spam and on twitter, i just don't care for it since it's very detached from how the word is widely understood outside of those contexts

like most bad poo poo from democrats is just flat out conservative and plenty of activists who would call themselves liberals object to those things

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/played_straight/status/989525339683676161?s=19

The new motto for the age: there is always more, it is always worse

joy :master: reid

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I mean I cannot believe the ruskSIANS HACKED THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS!!!!!!!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Republican primaries are more free and fair then democratic ones.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

honestly one of the worst takes I've read all month long

intensely hypocritical, aware of it, and yet indifferent to it

comments are 50% giving him poo poo, 50% whining and bleating about Bernie

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

yea and i don't mean to single you out, it's become widespread both in c-spam and on twitter, i just don't care for it since it's very detached from how the word is widely understood outside of those contexts

like most bad poo poo from democrats is just flat out conservative and plenty of activists who would call themselves liberals object to those things

True. But honestly I don't get too hung-up on the specific taxonomy of people. I care much more about the ideas themselves, and the outcome of those ideas then what the hypothetical person supporting those ideas is called.

So whether you call UHC a liberal, progressive, or leftist position is uninteresting to me. The point is healthcare should be free.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Joy Ann Reid fears the buttgieg.

quote:

BuzzFeed also reported on Wednesday that Reid backed out of a scheduled panel discussion event in New York organized by CAFE, former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara's media venture.

Reid was set to moderate a panel with several political participants, including Pete Buttigieg (D), the openly gay mayor of South Bend, Ind.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/384979-daily-beast-to-hit-pause-on-joy-reid-columns-msnbc-host-backs-of-speaking

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/played_straight/status/989525339683676161?s=19

The new motto for the age: there is always more, it is always worse

lol when the free beacon does better journalism than the root on something (this is probably the only thing)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Admittedly, that’s pretty terrible stuff and not right at any time. Sadly, growing up means looking back at some really bad decisions and wishing it didn’t happen. I think Joy Reid is on that boat right now. Now for the trolls who don’t really give a poo poo about the hurtful comments and are just using this as a way to silence a powerful, left-leaning, black woman I have something to say.... In the spirit of president trump, “I DONT GIVE A FUUUCK ABOUT YOU” I like Joy Reid and I accept her past apology and her claims of being hacked. If it turns out that she lied about being hacked, I accept her future explanation and apology.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
https://twitter.com/bourgeoisalien/status/989499398735482880

Clever hackers, even copying her common spelling errors.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Nastier Nate posted:

Republican primaries are more free and fair then democratic ones.

it’s worth remembering the republicans did try to gently caress trump up, they were just bad at it. like stacking the debate audiences in favor of jeb! and rubio. they also couldn’t pick one establishment candidate because there were too many.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shrugging and doubling down on your representative and tossing queer people aside while loudly declaring you don't care and that you'll pre-emptively forgive Reid is idpol to the loving bone

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
love to throw queer people under the bus for huge piles of money

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

ThndrShk2k posted:

Pulitzer Prize material

We need some kind of :decorum: but representing the current state of journalism

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Rastor posted:

We need some kind of :decorum: but representing the current state of journalism

:shrek:

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

who knew that joy reid was a cult leader

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Guys what's the big deal, we all were intensely homophobic in the past but we know better now. The Russians are working to smear us. 👀I see your loving misogynoir.👀👀👀👀

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

upon being told "the library of congress archive shows the posts, too, do you think someone hacked that poo poo too"

dear god the mental gymnastics

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I’m still not totally convinced this isn’t an actual high-tech lynching (sorry Clarence). Yes, as everyone who understands way more about the internet has said, its not impossible, but it is highly implausible that she was hacked in the way she claims, but at the same time, I find it equally implausible that she would be dumb enough to pull the “I was hacked” card if she knew she was lying. I watch her show fairly regularly, and I have seen her mock people for using that excuse on multiple occasions. She just seems too media savvy not to know what a bad move it would be if it weren’t actually true.

Also, to the extent that the hacking is implausible, or that it would take a concerted effort to pull it off, if you’ve ever spent any time on 4chan, those are exactly the sort of people that have the time and (at least some of them) the skills to do this. Joy Reid is the sort of figure that has angered both the right and the Bernie Bro/Glenn Greenwald wing of the left off, which just happen to account for a significant number of the 4chan types. Also, I mean she’s a black woman with a platform, so if anyone had the perfect combination of positions and identity to spur them into action, it would be Joy. I could easily see them get pissed when the first posts leaked and Joy got off scot free and concoct a plan and invest the effort to pull this off.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hehehehahhahaha..hahaha...AHHAHAHAAH

imagine going to nuclear war for Joy Ann Reid fuckin christ m8

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
tfw you're gonna hack the Library of Congress

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
bill Cosby guilty https://www.vox.com/2018/4/26/17272470/bill-cosby-trial-verdict-guilty-sexual-assault-andrea-constand

Kanye was ... wrong

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the joy reid brandsona, much like the Ye Brandsona is perpetuated on followers to give them money

hers is being dragged in the dirt so how dare you :qq:

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

brb gonna hack like 6 different websites and insert moderately homophobic messages in them to smear a c-list msnbc contributor

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

loquacius posted:

upon being told "the library of congress archive shows the posts, too, do you think someone hacked that poo poo too"

dear god the mental gymnastics

I like the thought that the president is responsible for maintaining the library of Congress’ website and not some random computer janitor.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its me, the person who chooses to hack the library of congress 10 years before someone is famous to deface their career a decade ahead of time but nothing else

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

We've basically entered gfsincere territory of "Yes they were a massive, :yikes:-inducing shithead to folks but their presence is more important that that."

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

GalacticAcid posted:

in australia the liberals are the bad guys

makes u think

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oh Snapple! posted:

We've basically entered gfsincere territory of "Yes they were a massive, :yikes:-inducing shithead to folks but their presence is more important that that."

whatever happened to that dude anyway

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Office Pig posted:

whatever happened to that dude anyway

Perma-ed.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this just in, democrats loving suck!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Im glad i wrote "go gently caress yourselves" in big black trumpy sharpie letters on the dccc solicitation and sent it back to them to make them pay additional processing and handling fees

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.thewrap.com/daily-beast-suspends-joy-reid-column-were-going-to-hit-pause/

LOL. Like I read the Beast so I can have some contact with normie news. But her columns have easily been the most insufferable.

Also is there any reason why the Root is just such a insufferable cheerleader for mainstream dems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ok so when i said "i will personally hunt down and skin every single homosexual on the entire planet" what i meant was a crushing verbal riposte against donald trump

• Locked thread