Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I like the one where someone punts the target up in the air and Punisher skeet-shoots them with a grenade :allears:

Yeah I said "holy poo poo" out loud at that one. Game good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Adult Sword Owner posted:

N e 1 with a guild I'm down for anything that doesn't require me to have chat on

The current Groot Squad has become the casual guild now. They should have something like 9 spots open.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I like the one where someone punts the target up in the air and Punisher skeet-shoots them with a grenade :allears:

ditto but for Ravager Boomer. The little singularity implosion is a nice effect on that animation.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

When I was young and didn't have cable, my brother and I would rent out VHS's all the time.
And one we loved as kids was Go-Bots Battle of the Rock Lords. I went back an re-watched it and it's hilarious in the way 80s cartoons can be.

But the bad guys had a group of villains known as the Goon Squad. Not only that, but there is a bit where one of them says in a robots voice
"The Goon Squad is standing by, Cy-Kill!"

Every time I see "Groot Squad" in my head I play that clip.

And if you want to, you can too.

Just search GoBots of the Rocklords on Youtube. And go to the 14minute 30 second mark.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 26, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hey Nutman in Goon Squad...

idk if you're reading this but finish your track in the ultimus raid and also get in discord.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Kazoo Reverb posted:

I just started a few days ago and am looking for an alliance and am looking to raid. I'm in game as Ballocaust

Any spots open?

Are you still playing? Showing you as three days inactive now in GRA.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Requested Groot Squad invite as Doli1980

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Apparently there's a new $10 bundle out for new players and it's just like the Captain America bundle but it's Black Widow. If you are starting now, you loving buy this bundle or you don't play the game. Black Widow is an even better character than Captain America.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Zotix posted:

Apparently there's a new $10 bundle out for new players and it's just like the Captain America bundle but it's Black Widow. If you are starting now, you loving buy this bundle or you don't play the game. Black Widow is an even better character than Captain America.

...I want that bundle.
Why can't I be given that?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

The Question IRL posted:

...I want that bundle.
Why can't I be given that?

Me too, I don't see that one, and missed the Captain America one.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
All I see is the shittiest bundles ever that. I never saw Captain America and I don't have the Black Widow one. gently caress this stupid idea of not everyone getting the same bundles. Do they not like money?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

J3ng4 posted:

All I see is the shittiest bundles ever that. I never saw Captain America and I don't have the Black Widow one. gently caress this stupid idea of not everyone getting the same bundles. Do they not like money?

I think the strategy is to make the offer bundles random for people and limited time so that when you DO see them, you're more inclined to buy them since you have no idea how long they will be available for or if you'll ever see them again.

I got the cap bundle offer when I first started but I had no idea if it was good or if I would even like the game. By the time I wanted to drop money on this game it disappeared :shrug:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I was never offered the Captain Bundle myself, and I'm too high level to be offered the Widow bundle, although I lucked into getting her through orbs. I did see the $10 black panther bundle the other day at work, but I closed the game after seeing it was available for 2 days, and I told myself I'd buy it after work. Big mistake as it was gone almost immediately.

And they sent me this reply after asking why I can't purchase it:

Hi Zotics,

Thank you for reaching out. We're really thrilled that you're interested in the offers. Earlier today we sent out an offer that was not meant to go live. We resolved the issue as soon as we were able to but not before some players were able to see it. We apologize for the confusion, but this offer was not meant to be purchasable by anyone. Thank you, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions in the future!

Warm Regards,
John G.

The problem is, people who saw that offer and bought it immediately got it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What guild should I be joining to get Thanos? I stopped playing for like 2 weeks so I got kicked from the first guild but I don't know what has room and is active anymore

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Join us in Marble Hebrons, where we can tag team Thomas

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Kelp Plankton posted:

What guild should I be joining to get Thanos? I stopped playing for like 2 weeks so I got kicked from the first guild but I don't know what has room and is active anymore

Goon Registration Act has a 35 Thanos raid and 1 open spot. You are welcome with us.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I stopped playing for like 2 weeks so I got kicked from the first guild but I don't know what has room and is active anymore

Similar. Do we have a more casual guild? Sorry to Groot Squad-- I still don't know if I want to put effort into another SWGoH. I should have tried harder and that's my bad.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
For those that want to join a more casual guild where we're not monitoring but we are trying to get Thanos, without getting 100%. Groot Squad will welcome you at this time.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Diabetic posted:

For those that want to join a more casual guild where we're not monitoring but we are trying to get Thanos, without getting 100%. Groot Squad will welcome you at this time.

No alliances were found

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So i pushed hard as gently caress for Thor, just to get 699 rank, with 360k score. Just to find out that I'm on the Beta Blitz server for some reason. I'm not sure if that's actually a bad thing though. If I'm on the beta server, and I pulled 360k after 3 weeks of playing and basically did that with 1 team, then I should theoretically be getting better and better each blitz that I try. Most of those players have a power level much farther ahead than I am, and they won't continue to grow like I will.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
What reward tier did you reach? I threw everything I had at the Thor blitz and got to the top 10%. 45 shards, not bad.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

10%. I finished with like 360k points. When I get a B squad that can get wins on the level of my main team I think I'll get top 500 on most blitz that I try. Beta players will slowly leave the game and there aren't any new whales that would pop up.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I landed in the top 10% as well, but I did about 100k points of damage or whatever they measure things by. I guess I’m not in a very competitive shard!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hah, I got that too..

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Should I prioritize leveling up quake, or gamora? I got them both around the same time.

My current best lineup is Drax, Yondu, Luke Cage, Wolverine and the last slot is either Daredevil for Arena/Blitz or Night Nurse in Raids.

I figure Gamora will eventually replace Wolverine/DD eventually as my damage dealer but where would Quake slot in for? Luke Cage?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea dump Luke.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zotix posted:

So i pushed hard as gently caress for Thor, just to get 699 rank, with 360k score. Just to find out that I'm on the Beta Blitz server for some reason. I'm not sure if that's actually a bad thing though. If I'm on the beta server, and I pulled 360k after 3 weeks of playing and basically did that with 1 team, then I should theoretically be getting better and better each blitz that I try. Most of those players have a power level much farther ahead than I am, and they won't continue to grow like I will.

That sounds more like the launch shard than beta based on score/position. Who was the winner on your shard?

E- never mind, guess the two shards had closer cutoffs than I expected. I could have made top 500 if I had spent like 200 blitz cores apparently. That’s probably a good sign for the Strange blitz where I’m going to actually push for it.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 27, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I landed in the top 10% as well, but I did about 100k points of damage or whatever they measure things by. I guess I’m not in a very competitive shard!

Top 10% is very easy to obtain. These shards a gigantic. 100kish will get the job done.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Great Lakes Goon Squad has two players who haven’t logged in in 3 and 4 days. If you are out there, MagicAlex84 and RedValtar, please check in and get back to work playing this silly phone game! If I don’t hear anything by tomorrow I’m going to have to give you guys the boot to slide in more active players.

jerkstores
Aug 6, 2001
I am Goon! needs one more member. We are going to be capable of level 50 tier 2 raids by next week so someone who could knock out 2-3 nodes there would help.

We also use discord a lot. Anyone interested?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Top 10% is very easy to obtain. These shards a gigantic. 100kish will get the job done.

50k-ish will even.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So people are cheesing the game by alliance hopping to collect rewards and then move on. They join an alliance with a raid near complete. Finish the raid leave and do it again. There's no lockout timer on the guild itself or the rewards. So people have 5* thanos right now, with loads of equip from all the boxes. Kind of a huge advantage if you want to invest the time to do it all day long.

I wouldn't mind having a 5* thanos tho.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea expect it to get hot fixed and then all the smart people get to keep the nice things they exploited to get.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Need one more in Goon Registration Act. We are on the cusp of running 40s at 100%.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Groot Squad’s still got open slots...but people are leaving and not contributing as much as they could. We aren’t getting Thanos raids every day it seems :smith: I might jump ship myself so I can get thanos orbs and at least get him before the end of the event

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'm glad tomorrow's credit/skill challenges (well, it's all of em but still) because fuuuuuck I've got thanos at about 5000 or so power, I need to get him as buff as possible before I start choke slamming arenas as him

Also every time he does that choke slam I wince, it's so brutal

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just started playing this game and its pretty decent. I have the Thor new player bundle available. Is it worth the $10 if I'm enjoying the game?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's not as good as Captain America or the Black Widow bundles, but yeah I'd buy it for sure. You won't see another offer that gives you 100 character shards for $10. Thor's big weakness is his ultimates energy cost, and his slow speed. If you can shore up one or both of those weaknesses some how, you'll have a great start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Plus he's a cosmic, which is nice.

• Locked thread