Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
He paid too much, but I'll give Sean his due. He got the guy he wanted.

https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/989691730210578432

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/989691772916895744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Project picks in the first usually end up well...

And you traded way up for him lol. I mean it may work out in the end but seems like a huge and expensive reach for a project.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 27, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/989690540068425730?s=19

Lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

Project picks in the first usually end up well...

And you traded way up for him lol. I mean it may work out in the end but seems like a huge and expensive reach for a project.

Can't say I disagree with you, but then again I am not a pro NFL scout. We did need a DE opposite Cam Jordan. Hope this guy pans out.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Can't say I disagree with you, but then again I am not a pro NFL scout. We did need a DE opposite Cam Jordan. Hope this guy pans out.

I applaud the balls to go after your guy. I respect that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well I'll be damned, the Panthers remembered that they need WRs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A wide receiver in the first?!

\

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I'd have preferred ridley but gently caress it, it's a goddamn wideout

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Steve Smith says the Panthers just finally replaced him :stare:
I didn't think he thought anyone was on his level, at any point, ever.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

lol, I forgot we finished the season 10-6, 3rd in the south, jesus christ

what should our record have been if you removed all the really stupid endings (like that lions game, lmao), like 7-9?

edit: oh boy another loving bammer on the team

double edit: vvvv :laugh:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Julio gone, confirmed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That man does not look happy to be a Falcon.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Julio/Ridley/Sanu...wow

I dunno what the plan is at DT tho...

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Silly Burrito posted:

That man does not look happy to be a Falcon.

He looks relieved to have been picked in the 1st

weird Asian candy posted:

Julio/Ridley/Sanu...wow

I dunno what the plan is at DT tho...

I'd take another TE to replace hooper's dumb rear end too

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

He looks relieved to have been picked in the 1st

I'd take another TE to replace hooper's dumb rear end too

Hoop is fine. At DT we have Grady and

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'm stunned. Did not see this one...at all...

They were all in on Bryan I did not even consider anything else let alone Ridley?!

Yay for the offense no doubt. Our wr corps are gonna own. Bring me Hankins and Im good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm not sure how to feel about dj moore but gently caress it I guess. If he can catch and can make plays I'm happy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I'm not sure how to feel about dj moore but gently caress it I guess. If he can catch and can make plays I'm happy.

he had literally nothing throwing him the ball at maryland

he's a little battle tank

compares to golden tate who should be a panther from the clausen draft but that's fine its okay im over it i promise

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers: probably got their 1 receiver
Falcons: got a 2/3 receiver
Saints: got a project DE and paid out the nose for it
Bucs: got a probably rotational DT

I think best pick goes to Panthers or Falcons depending on how you feel about Moore v. Ridley

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers: probably got their 1 receiver
Falcons: got a 2/3 receiver
Saints: got a project DE and paid out the nose for it
Bucs: got a probably rotational DT

I think best pick goes to Panthers or Falcons depending on how you feel about Moore v. Ridley

I was so sure that first pick was on the dline or oline I didnt even read into wrs. I know Ridley but not a ton. From what I read he sounds like a stud.

I've also read that Moore is a stud as well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Moore is probably more "electric" or whatever. like an angry little bowling ball out there. blew the SPARQ test out of the water.

Ridley is just solid all around. just another one of those albama receivers without any holes in their game.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJ Moore fuckin rules and managed to produce with Max Bortenschlager throwing to him as well as having insane measurables

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ridley is solid but I think Moore is the more interesting pick.

Hate the Saints pick. Oh well.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Am I wrong in thinking Ridley looks Bryant-ish? Big bodied and capable but lacking polish in all the wrong places?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Coulda got Lamar Jackson with no trading whatsoever.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

BlindSite posted:

Am I wrong in thinking Ridley looks Bryant-ish? Big bodied and capable but lacking polish in all the wrong places?

Totally wrong. I don't think he's as big and he's actually pretty polished, quick and plays close to the ground. He was a huge producer at the college level. I always really liked DJ Moore too, he's quick, excellent after catch, a guy that's always gonna get you yards. I think he's gonna be a star and I was happy to see him go as the first wideout

I'm really surprised at Davenport. I think he has the potential to be great but he shows some worrying signs of not really "getting it" as far as football and technique

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Ridley is solid but I think Moore is the more interesting pick.

Hate the Saints pick. Oh well.

If it's any consolation:

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/989681805996380160?s=19

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I hope we're right there but it seems like a bad move from 1st impressions.

Having Lamar Jackson, Kamara and Thomas together for a couple of years post-Brees could have been a real thing to behold.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Well, i guess he’s got a rapport with and is the heir apparent to Julio Jones...

JJ11 can’t play forever.

Whats the loving plan at DT?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That Works posted:

I hope we're right there but it seems like a bad move from 1st impressions.

Having Lamar Jackson, Kamara and Thomas together for a couple of years post-Brees could have been a real thing to behold.

My thought is either there's another QB that Sean likes that he'll wait for, or the Taysom Hill hype may have a shred of truth to it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m like the Vita pick the more I read about him but I’m still confused as to why Bucs didn’t take a DB when that’s where they need the most help. The DL was already vastly improved with offseason moves. I guess you need to find a replacement for McCoy eventually but I feel like that could have been done next year.

Bucs have to take at least one DB and a RB today. Good thing they have 3 picks.

Who is left of the board at those positions?

e: Guice and Ronnie Harrison would be nice

e2: Guice won’t make it past Cleveland unless they take Chubb instead.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 27, 2018

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m like the Vita pick the more I read about him but I’m still confused as to why Bucs didn’t take a DB when that’s where they need the most help. The DL was already vastly improved with offseason moves. I guess you need to find a replacement for McCoy eventually but I feel like that could have been done next year.

Bucs have to take at least one DB and a RB today. Good thing they have 3 picks.

Who is left of the board at those positions?

e: Guice and Ronnie Harrison would be nice

e2: Guice won’t make it past Cleveland unless they take Chubb instead.

Would Josh Jackson be a good value pick? We've got enough ammo that I could see two DBs and a RB in this round.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

Would Josh Jackson be a good value pick? We've got enough ammo that I could see two DBs and a RB in this round.

According to Gil Brant on NFL.com he’s the highest rated CB left in the draft. I’d be happy with one of Guice/Chubb with Jackson and Harrison.

I seriously doubt it’ll shake out that way, even if they are available. Taking a DT was pretty far down on the list of things I expected the Bucs to do with #1.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

My thought is either there's another QB that Sean likes that he'll wait for, or the Taysom Hill hype may have a shred of truth to it.

Yeah maybe Hill is the man. He's fast and strong, not sure how he would stack up vs Jackson in mobility, but I could see him as enough of a dual threat to develop the Saints offense into another dimension we don't use right now. No ones gonna be as accurate as Brees though, so we'll have to get used to that.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

According to Gil Brant on NFL.com he’s the highest rated CB left in the draft. I’d be happy with one of Guice/Chubb with Jackson and Harrison.

I seriously doubt it’ll shake out that way, even if they are available. Taking a DT was pretty far down on the list of things I expected the Bucs to do with #1.

Bucs Nation threw down a 2nd round mock that gives us Jackson (CB) and Reid (S) which I would be very content with.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

Bucs Nation threw down a 2nd round mock that gives us Jackson (CB) and Reid (S) which I would be very content with.

Yeah and a guard instead of a RB. I guess they’re content with Quizz and Sims

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Yeah maybe Hill is the man. He's fast and strong, not sure how he would stack up vs Jackson in mobility, but I could see him as enough of a dual threat to develop the Saints offense into another dimension we don't use right now. No ones gonna be as accurate as Brees though, so we'll have to get used to that.

Thousand-yard stare as I remember Taysom Hill running for 250 yards against us in a knee brace.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah and a guard instead of a RB. I guess they’re content with Quizz and Sims

I want them to draft a running back at some point this weekend but I'm far more concerned about the secondary than the run game.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Thousand-yard stare as I remember Taysom Hill running for 250 yards against us in a knee brace.

I try to forget that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I try to forget that game.

He ran for 3 TDs the next year :qq:

• Locked thread