Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
another good book by alaistar gray is Poor Things. it is explicitly marxist; very cspam.

REaD IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
i like to picture baloogan as looking idwntical to bill burr. so when he posts about serious literature it is doubly weird, for me.

read alasdair gray, thNk you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
guys i heartell trump is personally responsible for making little rocket man surrender to south korea and also say that his penis is small c/d

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
aldasdair grey seems a fascinating fellow.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
orkin mang likes favid chalmers. iirc. which is a good rrason to disregard his opinions :twisted:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Finicums Wake posted:

orkin mang likes favid chalmers. iirc. which is a good rrason to disregard his opinions :twisted:

chalmers is ok but hes wrong about almost everything, u fucken dumbshit. i bet u like dennett lol

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Finicums Wake posted:

except flr the one above the quoted post.

.lmao

good night, sweet thread

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
some people say you gotta read ulysses before lanark

i say... gently caress the irish

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
chalmers is right that materialism is wrong after t hat hes wrong re: computationalism, determinism, atomism re: panpsychism, just being overall a huge computer nerd with no soul. if im a fanboy of anyone its berkeley, hartshorne and jr lucas

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Quotey posted:

some people say you gotta read ulysses before lanark

i say... gently caress the irish

watch 'the dead' by john huston. the final paragraph of the dead by joyce is almost perfectly rendered. its sublime.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Orkin Mang posted:

chalmers is ok but hes wrong about almost everything, u fucken dumbshit. i bet u like dennett lol

dennett either refuses to say what he actualy, truly thinks...or he doesnt know wtf he is talking about.

i like thomas metzinger

at least in his 'pop sci' book the ego tunnel; the big boy one, which i own a copy of, is loving incomprehensible, to me

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Finicums Wake posted:

i like to picture baloogan as looking idwntical to bill burr. so when he posts about serious literature it is doubly weird, for me.

read alasdair gray, thNk you

:confused:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Orkin Mang posted:

the guy who played fredo was a genius. indescribable. but the movies over 3 hrs and i challenge u to explain the plot to me without reference to 'supplemental' guides. it had great scenes but no basic structure or even loving point. gf1 made the same point with the murder at the spaghetti bar & the final door closing on diane keaton. gf2 contributed nothing.

godfather 2 is the original failson story

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Baloogan posted:

straight up lol serioudsly loving lol at anyone itt who irl voted for hillary clinton

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Finicums Wake posted:

dennett either refuses to say what he actualy, truly thinks...or he doesnt know wtf he is talking about.

i like thomas metzinger

at least in his 'pop sci' book the ego tunnel; the big boy one, which i own a copy of, is loving incomprehensible, to me

dennets an eliminiative materailist in denial. 'consciousness is an illusion' is risibile for all the normal reasons. metzinger seems more subtle, though, ive never read him. though i tend to think--with strawson jr and others--that any theory that takes consciousness seriously but denies the self is incoherent. in any case, youd be no stranger to william james or hartshorne (both of whom equivoated on the self as a persisiting subject).

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Finicums Wake posted:

i like thomas metzinger

heres what i think is a devastating review of dennetts latest: https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/the-illusionist

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Muppets On PCP posted:

godfather 2 is the original failson story

come to think of it, this is what is should have been. prime father to prime son is boring. the failson is interesting. but they clip the plot etc im ga

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

:five:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Orkin Mang posted:

come to think of it, this is what is should have been. prime father to prime son is boring. the failson is interesting. but they clip the plot etc im ga

the parallel story highlights how much michael sucks despite being the most capable of vito's kids

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Baloogan posted:

trump deserves a nobel peace prise and lol just lol at you when you vote for hillary clinton in 2020

THE WAR ON COAL
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS
THE KOREAN WAR

BING
BONG

:chaostrump:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/989813047773614080?s=19

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

howdy sailor~~

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I remember sailor daily

Wait what

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
TRUMP: He's Either Very Sick or Very Dumb

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
This guy are sick

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Orkin Mang posted:

shes going to run. well laugh, well mock. but shell run. im 70% sure

i thionk so too lol and its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad its unfathomable how stupid lol. LOL

then again i been wrong bougbt all for ~10 yrs

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

PEACE TAPE IS REAL

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

is sailor a qanon thing

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Nazomi, do you know any leaks a sailor might say?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sailor Moon~~

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

presdent retard lol

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

this is the president

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Smythe posted:

i thionk so too lol and its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad its unfathomable how stupid lol. LOL

then again i been wrong bougbt all for ~10 yrs

iveb eeen drunk for10 years. one might say im, heh, durnk now. this took me 15min u t tes to tupe.tupe.tYpe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
my new direct report shjowed me this 2day and i been lolling ever since

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9cl-qVq_1U

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Orkin Mang posted:

iveb eeen drunk for10 years. one might say im, heh, durnk now. this took me 15min u t tes to tupe.tupe.tYpe

pardon?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

TRUMP: He's Either Very Sick or Very Dumb

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
sum1 itt trying to jack my steez? sorry 2 break it 2 u but i just suck bad at tuping/. thanks

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hold on. im listening to some sort of piano accordion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ok I’m pretty plugged in to goings on with ol’ trump but I’m going to need a translation for “remember sailor”

• Locked thread