Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Well if any of you want Erdrick's Sword I hope you're ready to grind your rear end off because it's apparently 120k event currency. Unless Gumi tweaks the cost at the last minute to make up for the fact that a ATK+125 great sword is real nice but we're getting the event a very long time after Japan did as far as unit and power creep go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

Well if any of you want Erdrick's Sword I hope you're ready to grind your rear end off because it's apparently 120k event currency. Unless Gumi tweaks the cost at the last minute to make up for the fact that a ATK+125 great sword is real nice but we're getting the event a very long time after Japan did as far as unit and power creep go.

To be fair, in JP-land it was 300k. And there weren't LGD missions. And a year less power. And etc.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
120k is a nice surprise. I believe it was 300k on JP.

I look at it this way. 125 attack great sword is a TMR quality piece of gear, and it takes way less effort to farm up 120k currency than it does to get one unit's TMR up.

I'm definitely getting it. I have two Tiduses so with that I'd be able to run great sword/Brotherhood on both of them for chaining fun, one with Erdrick's and one with Iron Duke.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
in the last story event, I noticed there were missions that said "do (specific element) damage # times" and "No Magic" for a lot of the missions, infact this is the only time I remember this happening more than once.

gently caress you Gumi

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If you got it the Lumiere is great for those. Alternatively you can just equip elemental appropriate weapons and just hit with those. Or elemental attack items too if there isn't a No Items challenge too.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Its more the principal.
Its a Massive dick move that they would do that.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Threw a few tickets at the banner and got my LMS. Yay. No real plans for using it at the moment but it’s something I’ve wanted for ages after all the hype from JP players.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

in the last story event, I noticed there were missions that said "do (specific element) damage # times" and "No Magic" for a lot of the missions, infact this is the only time I remember this happening more than once.

gently caress you Gumi

That makes me wonder how useful/brainless that Xon build that hits every element actually will be. 95% of the time is good, but...

BGrifter posted:

Threw a few tickets at the banner and got my LMS. Yay. No real plans for using it at the moment but it’s something I’ve wanted for ages after all the hype from JP players.

I got two Killing Machines and a Golem.

This better not be like the loving NIER banner where I got five Eves and one 9S.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Threw about 15 tickets at the banner, got a Robin' 'Ood (Great LB visuals 10/10) and a Killing Machine. Not sure if it's just the summoning pool being so diluted by now, bad luck of Gumi loving something up with the rates, but that feels like a bad quota. Though I do have a Yuna now, not that I need her at all.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Half off summon was Ulrica, so I started throwing tickets at it. First ticket, Dragonlord. Second ticket Liquid Metal Slime. Third ticket Liquid Metal Slime.

This is after I saved tickets for half a year for LM Fina and 120 tickets didn't get me her.

Fate is a fickle mistress.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Got LMS on my first 4* ticket, Orochi from an accidental 2nd 4* ticket, and Orochi#2 and Robbin Hood from 8 regular tickets.

For Pod chaining both Orochi and Robbin Hood move to the forward position.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

LMS is the bestest.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Oh my god

5 tickets so far: Vanille, Vivi, Ingus, Alma, Lani

This banner is broken and I’m 55000% certain you are more likely to get an actual on banner unit with the rare summon banner

Ticket #6, first Rubicante

Armitage fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 27, 2018

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Makes me sad LMS isnt going to get a 7*

He might be the most hilarious thing in this game.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Okay it took seven tickets which is way too many tickets to get an on banner unit

Ticket #8 was Liquid Metal Slime, okay I think the gacha may be done pooping in my face.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 27, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Armitage posted:

Oh my god

5 tickets so far: Vanille, Vivi, Ingus, Alma, Lani

This banner is broken and I’m 55000% certain you are more likely to get an actual on banner unit with the rare summon banner

Ticket #6, first Rubicante

I dropped some tickets and got Jaked.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

LMS is the bestest.

Are you just going to post every character with a Ring of Dominion from now on?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
11 pull, and 9 tickets got me 2 LMS, 2 Killing Machines, 2 Golems, and 2 Robbin Hoods.

The 11 pull got me two slimes and the 3*s. Had to dig into ticket for to get the Killing Machines. Almost settled for the first one but said gently caress it and got a second on the very next pull so lucky me!

Any early runners at the Garuda trial want to share some advice?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

8 tickets + daily with one on banner blue. Looks like I won't be farming this one!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
1/2 pull was a killing machine, threw some 2* and 4* tickets at the banner to get robbin 'ood, orochi, killing machine #2, and a bunch of crap like Sohze #2902973 and Shine #6 or 7. Maybe LMS will show up during my daily pulls (it won't).

Still, 275% bonus from my own units is nice and I'll probably farm ELT for the sword because Dragonlord has 4.5m hp in LGD which I'll either need to find a way to cheese, or I'd have to bring 2-3 non-bonus units for killing them unless I can setup Olive to OHKO them while a pair of units element chain with pods or something.

Nephrite posted:

I would. :v:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PaybackJack posted:

None of those characters is particularly pot worth given your current team.

I'd consider Barb. 74% Wind and Lightning debuff is something both Noctis and Sakura(and Barb herself) can take advantage of, the LB cost is cheap enough you can use it frequently as well.

If you're new enough that's your team then you probably don't have the gear to get Noctis into a position where he can keep his LB up, otherwise his buff would be great not to mention finishing level damage. Noctis is probably the best choice if you had a stronger lineup and some good gear to help support his LB generation.

So yeah, I think at the current moment you'd see more gains from Barb, but later on Noctis would be stronger but you'll get more pots by that point.

Thanks for the info. I haven’t been playing long, so that crew is the best I have rn

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
True Garuda was pretty smooth.

Chow tanked the magic damage and healed, Basch alternated breaks(Garuda can be ATK/DEF/SPR broken), Ramza sang and Fryevia+Friend Fry dropped her pretty quick.

For anyone who doesn't read the wiki, the gimmick is that there is a Monolith enemy that you don't want to attack, but that Garuda does, and the more Garuda attacks it, the stronger her 50% threshold will be. So the first thing you want to is drop her to the 50% threshold, at which point she'll hit you with a giant AOE magic attack and do Death on your weakest ATK unit. So bring a tank that can use Genji Shield or equip safety bit.

Below 50% she summons two other enemies. The Supara one buffs Garuda with a 50% all stats buff so you want to kill that first because Garuda also starts casting a 7.4x MAG attack. The other one just heals Garuda. The adds are pretty weak, 2 Fryevia's dropped Supara to 13% without any DEF/SPR breaks. Highly recommend you bring an AOE MAG tank. Chow never died but he took a fair bit of damage on a couple turns. Kill the adds, then finish her off.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, a dual tank strategy, huh? Good to know, Chow alone didn't cut it and eventually the adds killed me.

Put more tickets in the gacha. Got a Snow, and a Dragon Lord... but I really just want that Metal Slime...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Evasion provoke tank + magic tank or just regular provoke tank and magic tank?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I just used Basch for his breaks. I didn't have any provoke gear on him. I just took him because I didn't want to take VoD and have his Full Break hit the monolith in the first round, but wanted something that would hit everyone on phase 2.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
MK selling a ribbon, sweet. Did about 11 pulls and got LMS, Dragon guy, Golem, and 'Ood. Can't complain.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
I put up a Noctis that can solo the DQ event, though it's a bit slow (especially the robin 'ood round). Orochi and Dragonlord can hurt him, but pure white blessing should smooth over that damage. If you're really worried just use cover.

I don't have link capped out (a few T3 support crysts shy...) so just spam warp strike/point blank warp strike, using armiger when it's up. It's MP negative with just my pure white blessing so maybe don't go into Dragonlord with an empty bar. Thunder flask seems decent for Robin 'ood and friends. You can auto everything up to Orochi but it's glacially slow.

If I can make him any better I'll be doing so.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 27, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

PaybackJack posted:

11 pull, and 9 tickets got me 2 LMS, 2 Killing Machines, 2 Golems, and 2 Robbin Hoods.

The 11 pull got me two slimes and the 3*s. Had to dig into ticket for to get the Killing Machines. Almost settled for the first one but said gently caress it and got a second on the very next pull so lucky me!

Any early runners at the Garuda trial want to share some advice?

I had a DV to do his AoE break, Orlandeau and friend Fry chaining with DV, had Basch (or you could use WoL) to cover physical tank hits. DO NOT do big cleaving attacks, the pillar MUST stay alive. A few turns she'll slap the pillar for a quarter of it's hp. When she's dropped to 50% she does a party nuke that does increasing damage based on the pillar's health and if the pillar is gone she'll absolutely wipe everyone. She tags in two bird ladies, kill the top one first because it buffs the poo poo out of her, then the bottom one because it drops pretty big heals on Garuda. There was something about a plume or something and I didn't notice it and it killed everyone but Basch and Fry but I revived everyone. I missed out on the items requirement but it's a huge whatever.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I don't have ingot and RoD for LMS like dana, but I'm thinking Pure White Blessing and maybe Carbon Bangle?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nephrite posted:

Only the ones that matter!

Ghostnuke posted:

I don't have ingot and RoD for LMS like dana, but I'm thinking Pure White Blessing and maybe Carbon Bangle?

Carbon Bangle is best for him absolutely, the next best in terms of stats is Soluna Band (Cupid Artemios), and then Arsha's Talisman (Elle) if you didn't pull C.Arty.

e: vvv NOT P.Jake, because Arsha's gives percentage defense, which is huge on LMS. PJake only gives flat 20. Arsha's gives 100 DEF.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 27, 2018

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Yeah, I have a ton of arsha's. Just thought the auto full heal from PWB might be nice.

edit: pjake would be way better though

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 27, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Well around 20 3* tickets, 11 4* tickets, no metal slime, but 3 Orochi, a Robot, and first time no dupe Noctis and Merc Ramza. I reckon I can't be too upset with that, right?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Check out the king slimes bundle

Price: 3500 lapis
4 4* tickets
8 rare tickets
Some vouchers
Some moogles

In the absence of step up banners, seems a hell of a deal. Wonder if it was meant to be ex tickets.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The Dragon Lord Awakening Bundle also has Demon Banisher aka Magic Demon Killer. I don't think it's worth 3k lapis but wanted y'all to know. I'm absolutely going to take that King Slime Treasure though, if you subtract 300 lapis for the 3 expansion vouchers that's 267 lapis per ticket (3200 / 12), and then some extra moogles because why not? :toot:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ghostnuke posted:

Reddit is saying Wind-Up Thancred and Angel Earrings. Worked for me. Gave him Siren too but I don't think that's necessary, going to run Golem for provoke instead. Can't give him Pure White Blessing because he can't use materia. Carbon Bangle and Wind Up Thancred will be more than fine.

Managed to get through LGD with an Olive as my carry unit. 100% Fire Resist seems to be enough to handle the Dragonlord. Escaped through everything to get to the Dragonlord because I FTKO'd him with my mission team so I don't know what he does. Went off the description from the event and just built for 100% fire; seems to work.

Olive is geared with Sparky, Black Cowl, Minerva Bustier, 2x Bracer, Successor, Mechanical Heart, Buster Style, and a Wisdom; on Ifrit, 100% Fire Resistance, and 1385 ATK.

edit: So yeah this seems totally safe and wins in round 3.

I'll switch to Olive up so if anyone wants a carry for LGD add me: 763,793,980
Escape everything up to Dragonlord, bonus units you can take out with Grapeshot and auto attacks. Order for Dragonlord is Shattering Shot, LB, watch as the mortar finishes him off or clean up whatever's left with True Shot. If you have either World Destroyer or Rikku's pouch that makes it safer, Apollo Harp with equip instrument on a bonus unit also helps.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 27, 2018

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

My Tidus is apparently also usable as a Solo Carry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Reddit is saying Wind-Up Thancred and Angel Earrings. Worked for me. Gave him Siren too but I don't think that's necessary, going to run Golem for provoke instead. Can't give him Pure White Blessing because he can't use materia. Carbon Bangle and Wind Up Thancred will be more than fine.

Managed to get through LGD with an Olive as my carry unit. 100% Fire Resist seems to be enough to handle the Dragonlord. Escaped through everything to get to the Dragonlord because I FTKO'd him with my mission team so I don't know what he does. Went off the description from the event and just built for 100% fire; seems to work.

Olive is geared with Sparky, Black Cowl, Minerva Bustier, 2x Bracer, Successor, Mechanical Heart, Buster Style, and a Wisdom; on Ifrit, 100% Fire Resistance, and 1385 ATK.

edit: So yeah this seems totally safe and wins in round 3.

I'll switch to Olive up so if anyone wants a carry for LGD add me: 763,793,980
Escape everything up to Dragonlord, bonus units you can take out with Grapeshot and auto attacks. Order for Dragonlord is Shattering Shot, LB, watch as the mortar finishes him off or clean up whatever's left with True Shot. If you have either World Destroyer or Rikku's pouch that makes it safer, Apollo Harp with equip instrument on a bonus unit also helps.

Guess I'll have to setup my Olive with fire immunity and i'll be able to farm LGD after all.

Olive can one-round everything except the Kandar Robin 'ood wave and Dragonlord, but if I give both my killer machines an elemental weapon and dual wield with a pod they should let Olive potentially one-round DL, especially if I have a DL buddy and toss rikku's pouch on Orochi so it can chaos grenade for breaks. Though I don't know how much currency each wave gives so maybe just fleeing from all the trash waves will be the ideal setup?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
What is your gear load out for Tidus?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

hagie posted:

What is your gear load out for Tidus?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8fals4/gl_monster_carnival_lgd_solo_carry_tidus/

Copied this load out.

I don't have two copies of noctis, but I do have true Spirit of freedom and Kryla.

100% Dodge and 95% Elemental resist, by my count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Nephrite posted:

There aren't many who get quite so much return on RoD as the best hybrid attacker in the game and the only unit who gets 180hp, 500 def and 200 spr from a single item. I'd probably do the same considering how much time was spent slogging through that grind fest.

• Locked thread