Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Faustus posted:

Sorry if this is a derail, but I absolutely love the VT Bass pedal.

it totally rules and is one of the few pedals i'd suggest is a basic utility pretty much everyone should have

quote:

Now, I can't speak to the other "Tech21" guitar pedals as I have never tried them

i used to have the one that supposedly emulated a mesa mark series and it was like a rockman piped through an am radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Muppets On PCP posted:

like a rockman piped through an am radio

...in a good way or a bad way?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
depends on personal taste

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

depends on personal taste
Are you perhaps talking about the GT2 SansAmp? Because that whole "Mesa Boogie" thing is hogwash, but drat if I didn't enjoy using it to do some permanent inner-ear damage.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

hexwren posted:

...in a good way or a bad way?

Dug out (one of) my Danelectro Bacon & Eggs "amp-in-a-pedal" the other day, and it's absolutely that in the best way.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

Are you perhaps talking about the GT2 SansAmp? Because that whole "Mesa Boogie" thing is hogwash, but drat if I didn't enjoy using it to do some permanent inner-ear damage.

nah one of these

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

After almost a decade of only using a multi-pedal and VSTs, I used some of my tax return to finally get my first actual pedal, an EarthQuaker Hoof.

Is this the part where I go insane filling out an entire pedalboard?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Danyull posted:

After almost a decade of only using a multi-pedal and VSTs, I used some of my tax return to finally get my first actual pedal, an EarthQuaker Hoof.

Yes. Welcome to the world of "tone chasing". Be prepared to endure starvation, turn tricks in truck-stop restrooms and worst of all: Becoming a Gear YouTuber.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Danyull posted:

just go really, really slow and try not to get sucked into the boutique black hole for everything and you'll be fine

cheep pedals are often times the best pedals

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I just got a Donner blue drive or whatever and it's rad! $30 if you don't include that it can't take a battery.

I bought a Dampho(ol) Wah that is totally lovely tho. I don't know if I'd buy a wah at $40.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Gringostar posted:

just go really, really slow and try not to get sucked into the boutique black hole for everything and you'll be fine

cheep pedals are often times the best pedals

When I set out to buy a fuzz pedal I was actually looking around for a Danelectro French Toast, which admittedly would have been considerably cheaper. I bought the Hoof at the last place I stopped at after trying it out along with a few others. I'm definitely not looking to drop that much on whatever else I might get, it was mostly just my excitement to finally have something non-digital coupled with an aversion to ordering something online without getting to hear it in person first.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Danyull posted:

When I set out to buy a fuzz pedal I was actually looking around for a Danelectro French Toast, which admittedly would have been considerably cheaper. I bought the Hoof at the last place I stopped at after trying it out along with a few others. I'm definitely not looking to drop that much on whatever else I might get, it was mostly just my excitement to finally have something non-digital coupled with an aversion to ordering something online without getting to hear it in person first.

look into the tc electronic $60 pedals

they're dirt cheep, built like a tank, and about 1/2 of them are really loving good for the money

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Just finished putting this together and wiring it up. I've always liked Mustangs and Broncos, so I made my own combo of the two (I guess that'd make it a Bronc-stang? Mus-co? Bro-tang?).

Warmoth body and neck, single Duckbucker in the bridge, Mustang trem and bridge. Still have to adjust the action and intonation, but it just screams. I really dig the grain on the headstock.

Terrible phone pics:

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

yes

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
That guitar rules.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
That's awesome. What's the scale length? 24"?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
This world needs more chunky Fender headstocks.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
That's a Muronco.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Discussing a potential trade with a dude tomorrow. May get this if we end up in agreement, uncertain so far though.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

What are you trading for it?

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Thumposaurus posted:

What are you trading for it?

Ended up trading a Tele + some cash. It's a Custom 22 10 top with Lundgren pickups (actually made about an hour from where I live).

It is SAH-WEET

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Thanks guys for the comments about my guitar! Still have to drill for the strap buttons but I really enjoy playing it. Initially I was hesitant about the duckbucker because listening to samples online isn't a really accurate way of discerning a pickup, but it blew me away when I strummed the first chord. Nice and sparkly cleans but can crunch with the best of them.

Though now I've got the bug and am already planning my next guitar. I'm thinking a cream or Dakota red '72 Tele custom with a maple neck.

Anime Reference posted:

That's awesome. What's the scale length? 24"?

Yep, 24". If you haven't tried one out you should. Bends for days.

Chip McFuck fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 27, 2018

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
I did the unthinkable and tried these amps at my local Guitar Center: Orange Rocker 15 combo, Marshall Origin 20 combo, Marshall DSL20 combo.
After screwing around for a while, I ended up going with the Marshall DSL20 combo. Which surprised me, since I'd originally planned to go with the Orange. I'm glad I tested them out.

(Please excuse terrible phone photo quality.)

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I had some free time today so I gave my Agile a goth makeover:

I've always thought cream plastic on cherry sunburst looked insipid, I'm surprised at how big a difference this makes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Reference posted:

I've always thought cream plastic on cherry sunburst looked insipid, I'm surprised at how big a difference this makes.
That is a powerful look, AniRef! :swoon:

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I'm all about the 70s Les Paul looks, although now I'm wondering if I should've gone with witch hat knobs instead of speed knobs.

(Stop me if I ever start looking at 3-pickup Chibsons.)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Speed knobs always look cheap to me. Witch hats!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
witch hat knobs look like they were pulled off an old baseboard heater

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Anime Reference posted:

Hell yeah! :hfive:

I went with black rings on my Matsumoko a while back, it really classes up the place.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Witch hat knobs on sunburst standards. Speed knobs on Customs.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

witch hat knobs look like they were pulled off an old baseboard heater

Just one step closer to my dream "60s Solid-State Amp or Old Dehumidifier?" site.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

After The War posted:

Just one step closer to my dream "60s Solid-State Amp or Old Dehumidifier?" site.

I've heard those things have a really dry tone.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

Just picked her up yesterday

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Juaguocio posted:

I've heard those things have a really dry tone.

Lol

JohnnySmitch posted:

Just picked her up yesterday

Awesome. JMs ftw

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
About 6 months ago, we found a little toy piano at the dump. Thing had a little stool and everything, it was such an absurd find we had to grab it.

A month ago, my roommate decided to mod it - now, we have a toy piano with 2 humbuckers wired in series routed to a volume knob and output jack. Next step is dampening the tines a little, as it rings out a little too much.

(Linked cos images are probably huge - if below is too much, lemme know, on mobile and can’t tell)

http://imgur.com/a/9aJxVO8

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Sounds like you can record the next-best-possible version of Sunday Morning. Metal Machine Music style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK82JvRY5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIMSbKU2oZM

onymous
May 20, 2007

I am fantastically poisonous

I am thanos acquiring the last infinity stone. Or something. I haven't seen the avengers.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Remulak posted:

Sounds like you can record the next-best-possible version of Sunday Morning. Metal Machine Music style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK82JvRY5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIMSbKU2oZM

Or start working on your Tom Waits vocals.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

onymous posted:

I am thanos acquiring the last infinity stone. Or something. I haven't seen the avengers.

beautttttiful, I still dream about the hour and a half I spent messing with one in store a year ago

modulate some pulse width for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

I've always been kind of skeptical of "amp in a box" distortion pedals that are meant to be run into the front of an amp, since it seems like there's no way to design a pedal that would sound good in front of *every* amp, but this pedal kicks rear end into the clean channel of my SS-30 preamp. I've been drilling my sweep picking for a few months and really needed a lower-gain sound than my AMT P1 or Tight Metal Pro could provide, and the Dirty Shirley really scratches that itch. I almost want to sell a bunch of gear to buy the real amp (+ an attenuator), but that'd probably be silly given that I'm a bedroom player 95% of the time.

Also picked up a Donner Yellow Fall "analog" delay, which sounds fine, and an eminence swamp thang for my 1x12, which also sounds fine.