Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cinaedus Defututus posted:

you presume that i don't like frothing with anger.

i treasure every single opportunity to feel something real.

I know you're not extremely bright or sane, but here goes.

Cultivating anger in this way is unhealthy, and not in any way normal even if viciously violent behavior technically is. What you are doing is giving your brain an incentive to release adrenaline and other hormones related to rage, which cloud your thinking and make you more likely to behave violently. It makes you a danger to society, and aggressively angry dickheads are a much larger cost to society on a yearly basis than psychopathic murderers, so I would appreciate it a lot if you would adopt a less selfish relationship to emotions and avoid adding to the statistic. Thanks, have a great day, please don't beat up some kid who stepped on your shoe or something you weirdo.

Sorry for double posting.

e: huh, guess I didn't

KomodoWagon fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Chop some firewood, buddy.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
what was the original name of this thread? wasn't it like "submarine goon killed a woman" or something? or was it just "submarine goon missing"

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I thought the Sub Goon was a different dude.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
yeah this wasn't the goon but i thought there was some confusion early on, the goon just worked with this company or whatever,

like someone pointed out super early, the goon was a guy who excitedly posted about his 'group of friends' (which was really like, a company) making a submarine, then later updated like 1-2 years later about launching a rocket from the submarine in the sea. when this thread first broke, people were confusing the guy with the goon, even though they weren't the same.

unless I'm getting my goon lore completely hosed up??

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 26, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

what was the original name of this thread? wasn't it like "submarine goon killed a woman" or something? or was it just "submarine goon missing"

At first it was something like: Wasn't there a goon who built a submarine? He might be dead.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

yeah this wasn't the goon but i thought there was some confusion early on, the goon just worked with this company or whatever,

like someone pointed out super early, the goon was a guy who excitedly posted about his 'group of friends' (which was really like, a company) making a submarine, then later updated like 1-2 years later about launching a rocket from the submarine in the sea. when this thread first broke, people were confusing the guy with the goon, even though they weren't the same.

Yeah, that's about it. Goon submariner worked hard with others to make a good enough of a submarine and Madsen was like I GOTSA A TOY I CAN gently caress PEOPLE INSIDE OF and when it came time for the figurative divorce Madsen got to keep his murder-gently caress-sub.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

unless I'm getting my goon lore completely hosed up??

No, that's pretty much it. Yeah, original title was "Wasn't there a goon who built a submarine? He might be dead!" the goon in question actually being frumpykvetchbot here; Peter Madsen never posted on the SA forums, but I guess the OP forgot/conflated the two. And the title stayed that way long after it was apparent that no goon was involved and also that Peter Madsen was alive and well and a murderer.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Sucrose posted:

No, that's pretty much it. Yeah, original title was "Wasn't there a goon who built a submarine? He might be dead!" the goon in question actually being frumpykvetchbot here; Peter Madsen never posted on the SA forums, but I guess the OP forgot/conflated the two. And the title stayed that way long after it was apparent that no goon was involved and also that Peter Madsen was alive and well and a murderer.

Close thread. Right here.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I can only hope that this conviction serve as a warning to any potential amateur submariners/rapists/murderers.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Agrikk posted:

Close thread. Right here.

Cinaedus Defututus
Mar 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

KomodoWagon posted:

I know you're not extremely bright or sane, but here goes.

Cultivating anger in this way is unhealthy, and not in any way normal even if viciously violent behavior technically is. What you are doing is giving your brain an incentive to release adrenaline and other hormones related to rage, which cloud your thinking and make you more likely to behave violently. It makes you a danger to society, and aggressively angry dickheads are a much larger cost to society on a yearly basis than psychopathic murderers, so I would appreciate it a lot if you would adopt a less selfish relationship to emotions and avoid adding to the statistic. Thanks, have a great day, please don't beat up some kid who stepped on your shoe or something you weirdo.

Sorry for double posting.

e: huh, guess I didn't

i'm not cultivating poo poo, i'm talking about traits and innate properties of the human psyche. our brains have an "indignation response" and the strong manifeststion of that would be lynch mobs.

just like the human has an innate capacity for anger, there's an innate tendency to react to grave injustices with anger to the point of even gruesome violence. the human being is never so brutal as when he believes that the brutality is right and justified.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:lofty:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i'm not cultivating poo poo, i'm talking about traits and innate properties of the human psyche. our brains have an "indignation response" and the strong manifeststion of that would be lynch mobs.

just like the human has an innate capacity for anger, there's an innate tendency to react to grave injustices with anger to the point of even gruesome violence. the human being is never so brutal as when he believes that the brutality is right and justified.

You big toddler

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The depths of depravity this thread sinks to are unbelievable. This is at least blatantly scuttled in front of witnesses deep guys

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I hope madsen gets beat up real bad by some prison guys in jail

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lmao @ lil bunny Fu Fu here straight up admitting he doesn't/can't control his emotions like an actual loving baby. Guess he really did get turned into a goon

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Bob NewSCART posted:

I hope madsen gets beat up real bad by some prison guys in jail

I could be wrong, but I doubt he'll have much interaction with other inmates where he's going.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SplitSoul posted:

I could be wrong, but I doubt he'll have much interaction with other inmates where he's going.

I mean, he will be able to interact freely with other inmates, but I have a feeling that would be a very, very bad idea.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hope he is convicted again on appeal and dies in prison :kiddo:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope that the Dodgers make the playoffs this year.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

brylcreem posted:

I hope he is convicted again on appeal and dies in prison :kiddo:

almost same. i hope they convict him and then after 50 years release him, and hes infirm and he has a heart attack just when he realizes hes free but before he is free.

see? thats how you do it, all you torture weirdos.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
and also right before he has the heart attack Ditte Dyreborg shows up and comprehensively insults his submarining knowledge and ability

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

haha yes, "let's pretend your lovely story is true, why would you design your submarine in such a way that it kills people intentionally?"

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Jikes posted:

and also right before he has the heart attack Ditte Dyreborg shows up and comprehensively insults his submarining knowledge and ability

This is in Peter madsens ultimate sexual fantasy though

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I send a usual 1000 dollar splc donation they give me envelope stickers with the scales of justice on them

its really convenient.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bob NewSCART posted:

This is in Peter madsens ultimate sexual fantasy though

no, the evidence shows that hes definitely not a sub

Lime Tonics posted:

I send a usual 1000 dollar splc donation they give me envelope stickers with the scales of justice on them

its really convenient.

please, https://www.gofundme.com/rememberingkimwall

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

please, https://www.gofundme.com/rememberingkimwall

Didn’t he tell the psych that he has really weird sexual fantasies involving women abusing him?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bob NewSCART posted:

Didn’t he tell the psych that he has really weird sexual fantasies involving women abusing him?

Yes i think he did say that. I just wonder why would you – after all this time – believe anything he said?

We all heard what his actual lived out fantasies were about.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Bob NewSCART posted:

this one

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bob NewSCART posted:

Yes, but the psych eval also said a lot of the fetishes he claimed to have seemed made up on the spot.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also i thought my sub pun was pretty clever and probably a thread first

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

also i thought my sub pun was pretty clever and probably a thread first

Definitely dove deep with that one

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bob NewSCART posted:

Definitely dove deep with that one

tbh im just surprised it hadnt surfaced yet

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

tbh im just surprised it hadnt surfaced yet

Yeah a lot of that information has definitely been scuttled though

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Krankenstyle posted:

:toot:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:neckbeard:

Cinaedus Defututus
Mar 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Bob NewSCART posted:

that's the sort of thing peter madsen would say to make him seem less like a man who gets off on sadistic rape, torture and murder of women.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that's the sort of thing peter madsen would say to make him seem less like a man who gets off on sadistic rape, torture and murder of women.

i think i understand that anger you feel, the need to repeat the sentiment from at least three prior posts. its very congenital honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Yea because that would have been the determining factor

• Locked thread