Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my kid is so smart

The parents could have called the tooth fairy on the telephone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

oldpainless posted:

My BMI says I’m “really loving fat” and you know what it’s actually correct

more like oldpleindepain

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

The General posted:

I dunno how old I was, but I discovered Santa and Easter bunny were the same person because their handwriting was the same.

In this economy can you blame Santa for getting a second job?

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

The General posted:

I dunno how old I was, but I discovered Santa and Easter bunny were the same person because their handwriting was the same.

Same but it was Santa and my mother. That and my parents were atrocious liars about stuff like that, even though they tried :shobon:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Araenna posted:

Gendercritical is a subreddit of "feminists" who are actually just right wing transphobes. They like to talk about "peak trans", which is basically like when people talk about when they took the red pill.

quote:

this “collective they” is going to start considering the potential benefits of physically re-gendering all offenders as “slapped” and “slappedself”.

I don't believe a single word that the husky-voiced lady wrote - nobody progressive enough to care about pronouns would be disrespectful enough to argue with someone about theirs, I hope - but I laughed at this line.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my kid is so smart

I fuckin did this as a kid for real

e: which then caused me to realize the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus were not real.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I realized the tooth fairy wasn't real long before I let on that I knew, because I liked money.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I realized the tooth fairy wasn't real long before I let on that I knew, because I liked money.

That's how it is for most kids. They know it's bullshit, but a buck is a buck and they don't care if they have to act like fairies are real to get some cash.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Slime posted:

That's how it is for most kids. They know it's bullshit, but a buck is a buck and they don't care if they have to act like fairies are real to get some cash.

Plus it's fun to just do kid stuff. When I was 7 I "found out about Santa" and I thought I was so loving smart and so much better than all those other dumb kids who still believed such a ridiculous concept. But then guess who burst into tears when we rehearsed for the Christmas concert and sang about Santa coming and I realized everyone else was still able to have fun and be a kid

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Slime posted:

My parents stopped doing it and told me it was them when i kept whining that the "fairy" only left a dollar and asked them to tell her to leave 10 next time. That got me a long lecture on how i was greedy+ungrateful etc.

Should have just asked for 5.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My parents stopped doing it and told me it was them when i kept whining that the "fairy" only left a dollar and asked them to tell her to leave 10 next time. That got me a long lecture on how i was greedy+ungrateful etc.

Should have just asked for 5.

What you should have done is made a contract to take better care of your teeth, thus ensuring the quality of them when those baby teeth finally did fall out and justifying the increase in price.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

In my house the policy is "Once you say you don't believe in Santa, he stops bringing you presents"

My parents are in their 80's and neither of my siblings nor I have said it out loud. It's just an understood family thing at this point.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

MrUnderbridge posted:

In my house the policy is "Once you say you don't believe in Santa, he stops bringing you presents"

My parents are in their 80's and neither of my siblings nor I have said it out loud. It's just an understood family thing at this point.
An aunt has a similar rule: No Believing in Santa, No Christmas. It's astoundingly pathetic to know she's enforcing that for a 12 year old who is as a direct consequence very confused on the matter.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Just this Easter we got our 10yr old to admit she knows EB and Santa don't exist. Says she's thought so for a couple years but didn't want to take her chances and stop the free poo poo. When our other daughter was about 9-10 it was the same thing, except what turned her was the offer to go Black Friday shopping, which you obviously can't do if you believe in Santa

Still believe in the Tooth Fairy and Mr Hankey, so we all good

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

sweeperbravo posted:

Plus it's fun to just do kid stuff. When I was 7 I "found out about Santa" and I thought I was so loving smart and so much better than all those other dumb kids who still believed such a ridiculous concept. But then guess who burst into tears when we rehearsed for the Christmas concert and sang about Santa coming and I realized everyone else was still able to have fun and be a kid

Yeah, whenever I realized "Santa" was my parents, I just kept going along with it just because playing make-believe is fun.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tankadillo posted:

Yeah, whenever I realized "Santa" was my parents, I just kept going along with it just because playing make-believe is fun.

Same. I'm baffled that this isn't what most people answer. Like, a lot of holiday rituals are weird and irrational, but they're also a good time.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

this gun idiot who faked the letter knows libs arent all christian right?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I know incels are like shooting fish in a barrel, but even for them that is some poo poo that certainly didn't happen.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
What the earthshitting christ

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Araenna posted:

I know incels are like shooting fish in a barrel, but even for them that is some poo poo that certainly didn't happen.

Of all the things written one-handed, that is the one-handedest.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
From YouTube:

quote:

I saw them at the Civic Auditorium in Emporia, KS. in 1971 or 72. The place smelled like a barn fire and right in the same building was the police and fire departments. Anyway, they played 'Meadows' and when they were done, some idiot said "Why don't you play some decent music?" I reached in the pocket of my jacket and threw a rotten orange at him and hit him square in the chest. To this day, I have no idea why that rotten orange was in my jacket. I've still got the mimeographed ticket in a drawer or someplace. $2.25 to get in. Worth it...

Just walking around with a rotten orange

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"no idea why i had a rotten fruit less than a foot from my nose for days" says the alien moments before it is torn apart and has its' various sacs ground into powder for aphrodisiac effect

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my kid is so smart

I did the exact same thing when I was a kid. It's a pretty simple thing to do as a child to figure out "if I do A, then B happens, what if I don't do A?"

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I realized the Tooth Fairy was fake when I got a dollar for mine but the rich kids got 20 for theirs.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

grittyreboot posted:

I realized the Tooth Fairy was fake when I got a dollar for mine but the rich kids got 20 for theirs.
Same thing but for labor.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i circumvented the system and just sold my teeth directly to my grandfather, five bucks a pop. i don't know what he did with them.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Araenna posted:

This is the same thing as when people claim there's a worldwide Jewish conspiracy. If it's true, why'd no one ever tell me? I apparently should have been sexually assaulting people since before puberty. Why wasn't this covered in health class?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

grittyreboot posted:

Haha, I think this was it for me too. My dad was like "man, a whole dollar!" I think in his day you got a haypenny.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Sleepytime posted:

From YouTube:

Just walking around with a rotten orange

This is the kind of story I heard all the time back in highschool, where someone tells a totally random story and people start saying roflcopter etc and making up their own. It's always them having or doing (wacky thing) and having no recollection why, every time.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Domus posted:

This is the same thing as when people claim there's a worldwide Jewish conspiracy. If it's true, why'd no one ever tell me? I apparently should have been sexually assaulting people since before puberty. Why wasn't this covered in health class?

Apparently the other jews don't trust you?

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I really want to know where I can sign up to join the Illuminati. They seem badass offer a pretty good deal for their members.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

tankadillo posted:

I really want to know where I can sign up to join the Illuminati. They seem badass offer a pretty good deal for their members.

https://www.illuminatiofficial.org/join-the-illuminati-members/

So far all they've sent me is links to buy the tacky poo poo from their giftshop but I hold out hope one day I'll get initiated into the cool rituals and powers and stuff.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Araenna posted:

Uhh what the gently caress is this

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Uhh what the gently caress is this

pedophile ephebophile fapfic

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Not actually speaking Mandarin, just English with a Chinese accent.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

chitoryu12 posted:

Not actually speaking Mandarin, just English with a Chinese accent.

While this poo poo didn't happen, I could see responding to someone saying something racist about you in another language by responding in a mocking accent. Like, lovely thing to do but I could see someone doing it. I mean, if poo poo like this ever happened. Which it doesn't.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
There's no difference in Mandarin pronunciation for the various pronoun genders, so going with "it" was just extra salt.

E: also, monkey is a far more common word than ape. I don't see anyone using ape over it in some casual racist remark.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Why is it a sponsored post, is this paid-for stdh?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

tankadillo posted:

“You should see the dental plan.”

https://youtu.be/hTbkG3csHDQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Video Above posted:

Such cloth is made to be had for academic purposes, to advance know-how of human rights, democracy, clinical, moral, moral, and social justice problems, and many others. This constitutes a 'fair use' of one of these copyrighted fabric as furnished for in Title 17 U.S.C. segment 107 of the US Copyright Law. This fabric is sent without income

What?