Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Callie is the best, she's fun.

Marina is the best, look at pearl lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

LethalGeek posted:

We already got people bitching about the required intro. Lets not double the number of times someone's gotta smack A to play their game.

Or Nintendo could add Hurry Up to that too but :newlol:

They should mix and match them with different dialogue for all. That would be sick

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pearl owns

also things that own: the current salmon run loadout. waves of salmonids fall before me like so much purple paint

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
So it turns out there’s a fantastic source for real-world equipment you can easily adapt for use in your Splatoon cosplay!

Unfortunately that source is the slaughterhouse equipment manufacturing industry. :(

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Lazlo Nibble posted:

So it turns out there’s a fantastic source for real-world equipment you can easily adapt for use in your Splatoon cosplay!

Unfortunately that source is the slaughterhouse equipment manufacturing industry. :(

Can't you find real-world equipment to mock-up Splatoon weapons at a big box store? The Squiffer's just a Swiffer® WetJet™, the Squeezer's just a champagne bottle, and a whole bunch of them are easier to identify than those.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/miimows/status/990046463110533120
lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatfest tees are available. I chose Team Leo because Marina likes Leo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
finding out they're different species changes everything. red-eared sliders make great pets. snapping turtles were invented by satan

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Snappers are pretty chill if you aren't fish sized

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
In this one, Mikey is a box turtle so he can hide entirely within his shell. That's pretty cool in my book.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I'm Team Raph because he was my favourite in the SNES game. Also I seem to lose splatfests more than I win, so I'm doing my part for Marina.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, he's still the cool techie. One last fact about the new generation of Mutant Turtles is that each turtle is based on a different breed of real life turtle. So they have different markings and different starting points for their anatomy and shell, to help distinguish them further than just their eye masks and weapon of choice. I don't have much interest in the new cartoon but I think that's a really cool thing.

That's all the TMNT news I remember from the article I read. I'm excited for the Splatfest since it seems like it's Nintendo experimenting with new ways to use the format. I'd like to see more semi-final/finals approaches, since that means more Splatfests for everyone.

Personally, I'm torn with this upcoming one because I don't know if I should vote based on my memories of the turtles or if I should vote based on these new iterations. Like, classic Leo over classic Ralph, but new Ralph over new Leo. Those smiles, man. Those smiles.

Hmmm. 8-year-old me is appeased. I will be happy to support Team Donny when the time comes.

I am similarly torn on Leo vs. Raph though.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

The only reason I liked Don the most was because he was the only turtle worth anything at all in the original TMNT game for NES. The rest of them were just boomerang holsters.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I woke up one Saturday as a kid to find my big elder Golden Retriever just barking wild at a snapping turtle that would wandered into our driveway. The turtle wouldn't even retreat it into it's shell and my dog wouldn't stop hollering at it. it was an earthshattering stalemate between two great beasts.

so snapping turtles are very strong yes

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Improbable Lobster posted:

Snappers are pretty chill if you aren't fish sized

That is not true

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think it depends, there's multiple species of snapping turtles and some are kept as pets, others are aggressive.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I chose Leo since Raph is a dick and I hated having to play as him in the NES TMNT game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think triggerfish TC is my favorite map/mode combo

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/990078567278043136

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Novasol posted:

The only reason I liked Don the most was because he was the only turtle worth anything at all in the original TMNT game for NES. The rest of them were just boomerang holsters.

This is the correct choice, and also my reason for Donny.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Don was also the best in both arcade games.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

i think triggerfish TC is my favorite map/mode combo

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/990078567278043136

Triggerfish is a loving wild map. Having never played Splatoon 1 the layout is super weird to me in a good way, feels really really distinct from anything else that's in the game

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It’s just a great map. Really rewards situational awareness and gives you all kinds of approach options.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I do not like triggerfish splat zones, but with 5 map variants they can't all be winners.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

when i'm taking pictures with amiibo how do i change where we're standing? i swear i cannot find info about this anywhere and i feel like i've pressed every god drat button

EDIT: nevermind i guess it's only certain amiibo??????? whatever`

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 28, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Kaubocks posted:

when i'm taking pictures with amiibo how do i change where we're standing? i swear i cannot find info about this anywhere and i feel like i've pressed every god drat button

EDIT: nevermind i guess it's only certain amiibo??????? whatever`

Doesn't work with Callie and Marie for some reason. Only works with the boy, girl, and squid amiibo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

In Training posted:

I do not like triggerfish splat zones, but with 5 map variants they can't all be winners.

Splat zones on that map is indeed pretty weak but otherwise I was always happy to see it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tower Control on Triggerfish is a vast improvement over the same thing in Splatoon 1.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

SZ is really lame if you have a weapon that can't hit the other splat zone from the one you're standing in, otherwise I feel like it's pretty fun to duel across the pit. Games do take a long time with that map/mode though, I feel like I've rarely had them end in KO

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/990245242417786880
Official US/Canada tournament that will decide who's going to the World Championships (for real this time) at E3 in June is running now.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/990245242417786880
Official US/Canada tournament that will decide who's going to the World Championships (for real this time) at E3 in June is running now.

Inkjet meta is back.

Clam Blitz is a well designed and balanced game mode. :laffo:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 28, 2018

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I have to go Raphael for this alone.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Inkjet meta is back.

This is a thing? I'm just now getting into watching these competitivedudes, and up until now I've always thought the inkjet was awful.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dr. Fetus posted:

Clam Blitz is a well designed and balanced game mode. :laffo:
it is, op

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

That was a really awful clam jump and just gave the enemy team an almost free power clam.

Bleck posted:

This is a thing? I'm just now getting into watching these competitivedudes, and up until now I've always thought the inkjet was awful.

Well it's not really the Inkjet itself, so much as the only bad special in the game right now is Splashdown. Curling Bomb Launcher doesn't see use, but that's because it's tied to the Aerospray MG. But Inkjet seeing an increased use right now since it can put some pressure on the more popular team compositions.

Inkjet is a fairly hard special to use well. You put so much pressure on the enemy team with it if your aim is really good. You just can't go in headfirst, since that will get you killed. You should have seen launch Inkjet, that thing was a monster before it got overnerfed. Especially when combined with the old Ink Armor. (Ink Armor isn't as popular in competitive now because Heavy Splatlings and Sting Rays just knock it off instantly.)

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 28, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Splashdown either needs to go up higher so you can use it to escape other explosive attacks, or happen faster so they have less time to shoot you out of the air. Or both

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got kicked out of Rank X already

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Clash Blasters on Port Mackerel, what is this match!? :laffo:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

In Training posted:

I got kicked out of Rank X already

What was your S+n rank when you got kicked? I still haven't played ranked since the change.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

S+9, also breaking your bar in S+ just knocks you down 1 level now instead of 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm almost back in again after this set which is nice but I'll probably try to play some other modes for a while to practice and make a new gear set.