Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Bear Throne posted:

Is tcgplayer a good place to buy my list from? Is there someplace that people prefer?

I'd highly suggest using tcgdirect if possible. It's worth the increased cost for speed and condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

black potus posted:

Why the gently caress can you goggle the CMC of cards.

Google/Alexa are already Skynet. Why wouldn’t you be able to?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Bear Throne posted:

Is tcgplayer a good place to buy my list from? Is there someplace that people prefer?

If you're feeling generous you could see which parts of your deck are available from goons

Why yes, I did just post in that thread I'm now promoting, why do you ask? :v:

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
Thanks y'all!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sealed event tonight

Grunn The Lonely King, then next turn Phyrexian Scriptures :shepface:

Grunn the very lonely robot king

another fun thing that happened tonight was giving yargle a helm of the host

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

black potus posted:

Guaranteed someone at google who plays this game did that during their "20% do whatever the gently caress you want" time.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

black potus posted:

Welcome to Trump's america

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Pulled a karn this afternoon in draft. Is it too much to ask for 4 jadelight rangers tomorrow at the event?

Is there any heat on zahid, djinn of the lamp? He was my first pick and I got him from my participation pack.

It’s only worth $1 right now, but feels like a card blue loves, even if I’m holding onto it for the next sets release.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Man. Karn seems to get a lot of pulls. Makes me feel a little optimistic for tonight's box opening, but I'm not holding my breath.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

The American Dream posted:

Pulled a karn this afternoon in draft. Is it too much to ask for 4 jadelight rangers tomorrow at the event?

Is there any heat on zahid, djinn of the lamp? He was my first pick and I got him from my participation pack.

It’s only worth $1 right now, but feels like a card blue loves, even if I’m holding onto it for the next sets release.

Even if it sees play in an Antiquities War deck it’s not gonna be expensive.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

very medium boros deck

lyra dawnbringer
Umm

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

it was one good card!!!!

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

I wonder if this is what foils will look like on MTG Arena.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

moush posted:

I wonder if this is what foils will look like on MTG Arena.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NaivePlumpPizzaHeyGirl

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Any suggestions for this deck for Magic Arena? I want to add more Soul Scar Mages when I have the rare wildcards, but I don't have any at the moment. I do have some mythic, uncommon, and common WC though. Idea is pretty simple, play wizards, hit face, then burn the face.

2 Siren Stormtamer
1 Champion of Wits
4 Ghitu Lavarunner
3 Adeliz, the Cinder Wind
4 Spellweaver Eternal
4 Lightning Strike
4 Opt
4 Fanatical Firebrand
4 Magma Spray
1 Soul-Scar Mage
4 Riddleform
2 Crash Through
4 Wizard's Lightning
4 Sulfur Falls
7 Island
8 Mountain

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just accidentally stumbled on the synergy between Champion of Wits and Path of Discover. You either draw an extra card because the top of your deck is land or it isn't and you draw one more because it's power get's increased by explore!

Enjoying the hell out of my Sultai Arena deck, think I might like to try it in standard, but I don't know if I want to buy Scarab Gods. I get some good games without even seeing it though, just getting Muldrotha and Liliana out can lead to some pretty crazy board states. I hadn't appreciated how strong explore was until now.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

neaden posted:

Any suggestions for this deck for Magic Arena? I want to add more Soul Scar Mages when I have the rare wildcards, but I don't have any at the moment. I do have some mythic, uncommon, and common WC though. Idea is pretty simple, play wizards, hit face, then burn the face.

2 Siren Stormtamer
1 Champion of Wits
4 Ghitu Lavarunner
3 Adeliz, the Cinder Wind
4 Spellweaver Eternal
4 Lightning Strike
4 Opt
4 Fanatical Firebrand
4 Magma Spray
1 Soul-Scar Mage
4 Riddleform
2 Crash Through
4 Wizard's Lightning
4 Sulfur Falls
7 Island
8 Mountain

I'm playing this, subbing out the spirebluffs for highland lake and shocks for magma sprays, it's a lot of fun. Adeliz is dope.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1061490#paper

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Teferi is amazing in UW Approach, untap treasure land draw scry draw some more.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Anyone else think that limited for this set is pretty bad so far? A lot of people at my LGS tonight were talking about how much they disliked it, and after a couple drafts I kind of agree. It feels very Avacyn Restored where ridiculous bombs just rule and there's so little removal, there's not a lot you can do about them, so it comes down to who opened what or who played their unbeatable bomb first. Other than eviscerate, there's like no good common removal. Red gets bad abrade and not Burst Lightning, white gets the 5 mana exile, blue gets the make a creature 0/4, and green gets a two mana Prey Upon. I can't believe there's no Pacifism variant in this set, or even a blue card that taps something down for a turn.

Rivals was way better than this.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Fish Of Doom posted:

Anyone else think that limited for this set is pretty bad so far? A lot of people at my LGS tonight were talking about how much they disliked it, and after a couple drafts I kind of agree. It feels very Avacyn Restored where ridiculous bombs just rule and there's so little removal, there's not a lot you can do about them, so it comes down to who opened what or who played their unbeatable bomb first. Other than eviscerate, there's like no good common removal. Red gets bad abrade and not Burst Lightning, white gets the 5 mana exile, blue gets the make a creature 0/4, and green gets a two mana Prey Upon. I can't believe there's no Pacifism variant in this set, or even a blue card that taps something down for a turn.

It feels initially very slow, but I think that's because all the cutesy stuff the format leads you towards. I think as it matures, old-school "take two drops and turn them sideways" will continue to succeed and force the format to speed up. Ignore synergies, cast spells on curve.

That said, Shield of the Realm is stupid. All the equipment are stupid, but that one is extremely cheap and make creatures so hard to kill. The Dimir and Gruul pay offs are pretty weak.

I'm 1-3 in single elimination draft so far, and that win was on the back of G/B No Saplings.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Fish Of Doom posted:

Anyone else think that limited for this set is pretty bad so far? A lot of people at my LGS tonight were talking about how much they disliked it, and after a couple drafts I kind of agree. It feels very Avacyn Restored where ridiculous bombs just rule

Fish Of Doom posted:

lol

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Fish Of Doom posted:

Lol, all those "not good" common removal spells you just named are actually good removal spells (the prey upon is marginal depends on the deck). You also forgot Vicious Offering which is super strong. Uncommon has a ton of good removal as well with lightning, settle, cast down, seal away.

You can dislike the set all you want but it objectively has more good removal than any limited format in a long time

Recess Rapist
Jul 4, 2004
I no longer whack; I use a driptorch.

Fish Of Doom posted:

I disagree, but in my experience and watching streamed drafts, I'm noticing some drafts go off the rails really easily and I'm suspicious that it's from people forcing 3+ color goodstuff, which is usually a sign of a varied and fun format. People drafting whatever they want, able to play the bombs they open. RIX wasn't bad, IXL was terrible, HOU was great. I'd say this falls between HOU and RIX.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Firebatgyro posted:

You can dislike the set all you want but it objectively has more good removal than any limited format in a long time

Rivals had way better removal at common. Not counting uncommons, Black had Moment of Craving and Impale, white had Devine Verdict and Luminous Bonds, Blue had Waterknot, Red had Bombard, Green had Hunt the Weak.

Recess Rapist posted:

I disagree, but in my experience and watching streamed drafts, I'm noticing some drafts go off the rails really easily and I'm suspicious that it's from people forcing 3+ color goodstuff, which is usually a sign of a varied and fun format. People drafting whatever they want, able to play the bombs they open. RIX wasn't bad, IXL was terrible, HOU was great. I'd say this falls between HOU and RIX.

Triple Ixalan was pretty bad, but Rivals improved a lot of stuff. It added a bunch of bombs, but gave better removal, which slowed the format way down. The tribal synergies weren't as strong, which meant your decks didn't have to be as streamlined. There was a viable 5 color treasure deck which was awesome. I do agree that Hour is the best we've had in the last two years, though.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 28, 2018

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Fish Of Doom posted:

Im gonna be complete honest here, this pretty much the exact opposite impression I have of the set. Good removal seems to be all over the place at commo with eviscerate, shivan fire, blessed light, gideon's reproach, blink of an eye, deep freeze, fungal infection, vicious offering, fiery intervention, ancient animus, and even bloodtallow candle if you are really desperate.

Plus there is a ton of power at uncommon which means that even someone who didnt get a mythic bomb can still get a decent deck together.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Fish Of Doom posted:

Rivals had way better removal at common. Not counting uncommons, Black had Moment of Craving and Impale, white had Devine Verdict and Luminous Bonds, Blue had Waterknot, Red had Bombard, Green had Hunt the Weak.

Are you loving high?

Vicious Offering and Eviscerate are literally strict upgrades to Moment and Impale. The 5 mana exile is better than divine verdict gideon's reproach is better than divine verdict. Shivan fire is insanely better than bombard. Lol Hunt the weak compared to animus.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Also as someone who was around for avacyn restored limited, you dont get to draw the comparison between AVR and other limited formats unless an entire color is unplayable.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

AnEdgelord posted:

Also as someone who was around for avacyn restored limited, you dont get to draw the comparison between AVR and other limited formats unless an entire color is unplayable.

That's not true, if you got the entire black cardpool from two different draft pods you could make an okay black deck in AVR.

lol at people who think Dominaria's removal is worst than Rivals's and that Dominaria's bombs are more oppressive than Rivals's

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

Fair enough, I forgot about how unplayable Black was in Avacyn, even to the point that the commentators at GPs were making fun of it. Like Green in Battle or White in M14, but almost even worse.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
This Antiquities War deck is pretty sweet.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1054168

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The dude sitting next to me passed me Mishra’s Self Replicator and said something about it being the “best rare” with a chuckle. I played him and got 8 of them out and he was like “oh”

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

The dude sitting next to me passed me Mishra’s Self Replicator and said something about it being the “best rare” with a chuckle. I played him and got 8 of them out and he was like “oh”

I kind of wish it was a 4 mana 1/1 uncommon with the same text so that there's some Historic payoffs at the lower rarities. Card is good.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Hellsau posted:

I kind of wish it was a 4 mana 1/1 uncommon with the same text so that there's some Historic payoffs at the lower rarities. Card is good.

It might be obnoxious at uncommon.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Just drafted a RG deck with Karn, bladewing twins, and siege gang backed up with 2x shivan fire and other good filler. Easiest 3-0, 6-0 ever.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Drafted that box with my friend. Nothing particularly good on my end, but he got the Mox Amber. Which is good and fair, I got the foil Forest from Unstable last time we drafted.

I did get a foil Tiana though and that makes me happy :unsmith:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Any MTGO Finance people wanna throw out a reason why Hydroblast and Pyroblast are apparently plummeting in value? As far as I can tell, they haven't become any more common in chests and there doesn't appear to be any reason for them to crashed so far down so fast. Bunch of people just selling their collections and filling up the market supply? I hope they keep dropping.

Related, anyone know why the EMA Hydroblast is cheaper than the MED version, but the MED version of Pyroblast is cheaper than EMA? Is it because Blue players are refined individuals who desire using the correct version with much better art, and Red players have debased themselves with the newer, inferior version?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Fish Of Doom posted:

Source your quotes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Did he just like, not read the card

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mandatory lesbian posted:

Did he just like, not read the card

I didn't think it was crap, but I definitely underestimated it on my first look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rinkles posted:

I didn't think it was crap, but I definitely underestimated it on my first look.

I must have to, thought it would take a lot for it to deliver value, but in just this second realised you get the second one, then next trigger you pay 2 and get 2 more.

Looking forward to the argument when someone thinks an artifact lands is a historic trigger.