Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm pleased with Chubb. I wanted Barkley but drat that kid got snatched quick. Now if we can hold it together the rest of the weekend this will be pretty great. Elway's been making some smooth decisions in the past month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought the Browns would grab Chubb for sure at number 4 but thankfully they're the Browns and the draft's best defensive player fell into our lap :D

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Doesn't help that Denver has a QB problem

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I don't see a huge issue. There's still more options in the rest of the rounds. I'm kind of glad we didn't waste a 1st round pick on another dud after Lynch and Tebow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah well I’m super glad that the Broncos didn’t draft the angriest Jew bent on revenge since Judah Ben-Hur.

I’m sorry about the lost South Park jokes but I’m glad he isn’t in this conference.

Hot take: Denver and Chargers drafted in reaction to the Mahomes Machine coming off the assembly line.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Yeah well I’m super glad that the Broncos didn’t draft the angriest Jew bent on revenge since Judah Ben-Hur.

I’m sorry about the lost South Park jokes but I’m glad he isn’t in this conference.

Hot take: Denver and Chargers drafted in reaction to the Mahomes Machine coming off the assembly line.

I think the Chargers reacted to Vea and Payne not being on the board, and to the glaring hole at safety that's been there since Weddle left.

Oakland though seemed like they drafted knowing they have to go up against Chubb/Miller and Bosa/Ingram twice a year each

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos should've traded up for Lamar :/

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Broncos should've traded up for Lamar :/
I was convinced they would. Alas

I'd be happy with Mason Rudolph tho

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Mason Rudolph would be a good compromise but I feel like Elway will just stand pat to see if he falls to 40 rather than make a trade. I want him to pull the dang trigger!

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Football is a bad sport no one should watch it anymore.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Mason Rudolph would be a good compromise but I feel like Elway will just stand pat to see if he falls to 40 rather than make a trade. I want him to pull the dang trigger!
Except for the fact he's not good, yea. I think Elway still hopes Lynch will someday not suck.

Don't think Chubb will be elite, but he'll be a solid 10+ year starter and that's fine. Hate the Chargers got James.

Glad we stayed the gently caress out of Round 1 and :laugh: Raiders. Gruden part 2 might be more amusing than I thought.

The Gobbledygooker
Apr 5, 2007
I'm excited for the Raiders to take a new punter who fits the "culture" today

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Blitz7x posted:

Doesn't help that Denver has a QB problem

Denver had a QB problem when they won the super bowl. I like the fact that they're getting back to their roots and I think Case is a good option for next season with the state of their o line. Also Elway has proven that he can't draft QBs so why not see what free agency looks like next year?

Overall, uncharacteristically smart move from Elway. Get a few missing pieces together and that defense could be great again.

The Gobbledygooker posted:

I'm excited for the Raiders to take a new punter who fits the "paper bag test" today

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I heard this on a Chargers fan stream that happened during the draft, so take it with a grain of salt. But apparently the scuttlebutt is that Elway's gunshy about drafting another QB high after Lynch and the Broncos are gonna keep giving Lynch chances to compete for the job and not suck. I don't know if I really buy that (because I do think Rudolph to Denver is a possibility in the second if somebody doesn't trade up), but it's a possibility

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

The Gobbledygooker posted:

I'm excited for the Raiders to take a new punter who fits the "culture" today

I would not be mad if the Raiders took Dixon with one of their 3 fifth-rounders.

I've also enjoyed watching twitter/reddit burn after the Miller pick. I love the draft.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Happy with KCs draft so far, all defense as it should be

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/989682470214930433

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Happy with KCs draft so far, all defense as it should be

I mean, if you have needs everywhere it's easy to find someone who fills a need.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Very happy with the Chargers draft. Defense is gonna be fun to watch

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I’m not very familiar with Speaks and he seems like a reach but the cover linebacker we took in the 3rd is a perfect fit, no more Daniel Sorenson whiffing on tackles as a dime Lb

The Chargers have a ridiculous roster, no weaknesses really. Our 4 year win streak against them will probably end soon

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m not very familiar with Speaks and he seems like a reach but the cover linebacker we took in the 3rd is a perfect fit, no more Daniel Sorenson whiffing on tackles as a dime Lb

I wrote up longer thoughts in the draftermath thread but from what Reid and others are saying they see Speaks developing into Tamba #2, which while being unrealistic it's also like...no pressure kid! NFL.com's profile of him has a much less exciting comp of a completely different type of player: Ricky Jean-Francois.

It sounds like you've got the plan for O'Daniel down but he's going to make the team and be around for a while on special teams even if he never sees the field on defense.

e: meaning because he's really really good at special teams, not just because that's where mid round picks you want to keep on the roster end up.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 28, 2018

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
A lot of draft people are saying Nnadi was the best DL run defender in the draft, that’s exciting. I like him and Dorial a ton but wish we had taken Lorenzo Carter or Hurst instead of Speaks, the Speaks pick is confusing. Veach def seems like a GM who falls in love with certain players and goes after them no matter what

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
We still have terrible CB depth, a starting trio of Fuller/Nelson/Amerson isn’t terrible but if Fuller missed any time then everything becomes hosed. Why did we trade Peters....

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Peters was probably sick of teams running the ball hard on them while he was doing his job for longer than he should've had to. Every time that defense went to nickel you knew a big run was coming, especially on third down. It was amazing they held together for as long as they did when it seemed like Reid only cared about offense. That collapse against the Titans was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever witnessed. Who would want to be on that defense? At least they are trying to fix it though.

I think Mahomes is going to be fine but the Chargers are the much more complete team and are set to dominate this division next year. If Rivers is still on his game like last season the Chargers are almost undoubtedly going to the playoffs.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I like Speaks and he wasn't a big reach, but they didn't need to move up for him. Nnadi is a good pick up too and I think the message sent is they're loving tired of being ran all over on and generating zero passrush from the line.

I guess Dorial will replace Sorensen and this pick seems like a real reach. I think I'll be good as long as they land the best available corner in the 4th.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KC grade: D for defense

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Wrong thread

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Legwold/status/990355769349492736

That is such a weird way to announce Chad Kelly as our backup QB.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Marquette who?

https://twitter.com/johnnytownsend1/status/912320650857127937?s=21

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Let's hope all the kid needs is a punch in the face

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dangerllama posted:

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Legwold/status/990355769349492736

That is such a weird way to announce Chad Kelly as our backup QB.

Paxton Lunch is the only one who can possibly lose to the literal last pick of the draft

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Gritty are you as sad as I am about Terez leaving the KC Star

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm mortified

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Sorry NBS I just run things by Grittybeard because he is old and wise. I didn’t mind when Nick Jacobs left but I really liked Terez’s coverage

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
who the gently caress is terez

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
A pretty entertaining and informative beat writer for the Chiefs who just took another job

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Nobody worth a heck covers KC sports for long.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yeah I'm sad to see him go, he seemed really good at the job. Of course...

LiquidFriend posted:

Nobody worth a heck covers KC sports for long.

This is also very true.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah if you're worth a drat (sit down, Teicher) you don't want to stay at a dying newspaper who thinks the solution for their financial woes is to charge people to read their content online.

Terez Paylor's A grade for the Chiefs draft was garbo, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

Yeah if you're worth a drat (sit down, Teicher) you don't want to stay at a dying newspaper who thinks the solution for their financial woes is to charge people to read their content online.
The Denver Post recently started doing this and it makes me mad

• Locked thread