Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
That last page... This is the smile you protected, Deku :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gentle's heart grew 3 sizes that day

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

bad chapter, completely inappropriate how Bakugo dropped an F-bomb (heh) in front of Eri like that.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This was a really loving good arc!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He didn't forget the rope!

:unsmith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There's also a new Vigilantes out.

Looks like Knuckleduster's retired now that he has his daughter back. :unsmith:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Gentle should have won, as LaBrava is ten times better than Eri.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Gentle should have won, as LaBrava is ten times better than Eri.

That's quite the hot take.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Objective truth is a hot take these days?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It's super cool of Deku to try and minimise Gentles crimes so its not too hard for him. He really does care. :unsmith:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Objective truth is a hot take these days?

I feel much more empathy for a horrifically abused little girl then a teen with a really lovely high school experience. As in what LaBrava went through was bad, but Eri had it so much worse.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Eri isn't really a character at this point, she's more of a prop that occasionally says a couple words every now and again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They should let Gentle and LaBrava attend the culture festival and he can record himself and LaBrava having a good time with Deku, Eri, and everyone else.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

VibrantPareidolia posted:

That last page... This is the smile you protected, Deku :unsmith:

Yeah that was a beautiful thing and a perfect capstone to this arc.

Unfortunately it is also terrible because I'm a wacky sociopath who thinks likable villains should succeed despite the consequences and our hero should be facedown in the dirt or trapped under a steel beam instead of being a hero.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah that was a beautiful thing and a perfect capstone to this arc.

Unfortunately it is also terrible because I'm a wacky sociopath who thinks likable villains should succeed despite the consequences and our hero should be facedown in the dirt or trapped under a steel beam instead of being a hero.

I mean your username is chosen after the Pirate Gestapo so it's not like it's unexpected

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I noticed that Deku snagged the camera as he was leaving the forest. I wonder what's going to happen with that in the end.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Aw man.

One the one hand, Gentle taking the fall for everything :ohdear:
On the other hand, Eri :3:

On the final hand, lol Bakugo.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
This chapter meshes really well with this week's episode.

Still hoping things end well for Gentle. Otherwise this will have a somewhat bittersweet end.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Rhonne posted:

There's also a new Vigilantes out.

Looks like Knuckleduster's retired now that he has his daughter back. :unsmith:

This is a really good chapter and ending for Knuckleduster, supposing he doesn't show up after this. In these kinds of stories it's rare that someone there since the beginning exits like this, and it breaks the "mentor always dies" trope

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

galenanorth posted:

This is a really good chapter and ending for Knuckleduster, supposing he doesn't show up after this. In these kinds of stories it's rare that someone there since the beginning exits like this, and it breaks the "mentor always dies" trope

Honestly it makes me think Vigilantes is ending soon.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Neo_Crimson posted:

Honestly it makes me think Vigilantes is ending soon.

Honestly I think this would be a nice place for it to stop, end on a high note. Knuckleduster has his daughter back, and Crawler and Pop have learned to be confident in themselves. The story was good without being bloated.

Of course I'm excited to see where this'll go from here too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this would be a fine ending point if it were cancelled but it does seem to be heavily implying that there's way more to come

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Maybe this'll be the end of "chapter 1", and it'll timeskip a couple months or a year or something

I don't want it to end so soon :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

this would be a fine ending point if it were cancelled but it does seem to be heavily implying that there's way more to come

Yeah the last few pages basically straight out said the story's just began.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have the ominous feeling that Crawler's going to bump into Shiggy one day and get merc'd. I mean, why haven't the vigilantes been mentioned in canon? Cause they're dead?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Japan is large

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they seem to be in the same city considering all the cameos from the main series. a pop step poster or mention of the crawler from ingenium would be cool but it's not hard to imagine nobody ever talks about a couple small time vigilantes at the most prestigious hero school in the country

tho the best reference would be cyclops and wolverine in the background somewhere. no mention of them or anything; they're just some set dressing

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You also have to remember that Vigilantes takes place in the past, so they'd have to be careful about how they bring them up in the main series without giving away too much of what'll happen to them.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

You also have to remember that Vigilantes takes place in the past, so they'd have to be careful about how they bring them up in the main series without giving away too much of what'll happen to them.

Exactly. You see a Pop☆Step poster in the main series and now you know that she's gonna be a successful pop star, which makes any future chapters where her road to fame hits a bump kinda deflated cause you already know she's gonna be fine in the end.

Anyway, I hope the series doesn't end right now but thinking on it, that's a really good stopping point for an anime and I kinda hope they get one. Let the main series take a break and have the side story get 2 cours before jumping into season 4.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

There should be a scene of Iida going to visit his brother in the hospital, and then a dude in an All Might hoodie is just leaving.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Today has been a really good day for MHA. Great new chapter, great new Vigilantes chapter, and a great new episode of the anime. Everything's coming up Macadamia!

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Relevant to the All Might discussion, it's worth noting the anime OP for the latest season has a snapshot of what papears to be a pre-OFA All Might with his mentor, and while he's not as sharply gaunt as present day, it's notably still very clearly not his muscle form, which would suggest that muscle form was always the result of OFA empowerement rather then his actual body

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Conot posted:

Relevant to the All Might discussion, it's worth noting the anime OP for the latest season has a snapshot of what papears to be a pre-OFA All Might with his mentor, and while he's not as sharply gaunt as present day, it's notably still very clearly not his muscle form, which would suggest that muscle form was always the result of OFA empowerement rather then his actual body

It also could be before he got OFA too.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

is there somewhere other than viz that has all of vigilantes? i'm not going to install flash player. it's fine if they're a few days behind.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stexils posted:

is there somewhere other than viz that has all of vigilantes? i'm not going to install flash player. it's fine if they're a few days behind.

https://imgur.com/user/Acelom44/submitted

this has 27 and 28 for those who missed it too.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

cool, thanks

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Gruckles posted:

There should be a scene of Iida going to visit his brother in the hospital, and then a dude in an All Might hoodie is just leaving.

This

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Manatee Cannon posted:

tho the best reference would be cyclops and wolverine in the background somewhere. no mention of them or anything; they're just some set dressing

I'd be down for random cyclops and wolverine salarymen, but the main comic doesn't really have much occasion to show ordinary people with mundane jobs, even in the background.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kild posted:

It also could be before he got OFA too.

I think steroids may have been involved, which is the real reason he's always coughing up blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

I think steroids may have been involved, which is the real reason he's always coughing up blood.

Or the fact that his internal organs got hosed up when fighting All For One.