Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Cythereal posted:

They're letting orcs walk upright, too.

The men, that is. Orc and troll women have had good posture from the beginning.

I didn't know Vilefeast even knew how to walk upright :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I haven't heard anything about Trolls walking upright, nor have I seen any evidence of it in the alpha/beta. Take that with a grain of salt until Blizzard adds it.

I have to admit, I am curious as to what exactly becomes of the Book of Medivh after that whole scenario where Warlocks obtain it - after we get a hold of it, it's mentioned that we're carrying the book a few times during the questchain, but what happens to it is never clarified. Are we STILL carrying it? Did we leave it behind? Did we or one of our minions deliver it to the Kirin Tor offscreen?

DLord
Apr 28, 2013
Why on earth would I ever get rid of it, I still have the skull from the Black Temple. All I need is the eye and portal time.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

DLord posted:

Why on earth would I ever get rid of it, I still have the skull from the Black Temple. All I need is the eye and portal time.

It wouldn't be the worst easter egg if having all the items allowed you to portal to Draenor. I could get down with that. But I'd also be on the front lines complaining that I couldn't open portals to new worlds, sooo...

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Thanks to Azzur's pledge to review it MST3K style, I watched the Warcraft movie for the first time tonight. It's about what I expected- lots of CGI and fantasy clichés, but some surprisingly decent writing and performances from the lead actors. I enjoyed it a lot- though I'll probably enjoy the comments of Nigel and co. more if Azzur does go through with the plan. Some things I hope are touched on-

-Terry Notary, the stunt coordinator and movement coach for the film, appears as Grommash Hellscream, the orc chieftain of the Warsong Clan, though the part is listed in the credits as "Peon." Grom is not mentioned (foul!). I find it amusing that any member of the Hellscream clan is referred to as a "Peon".

- Blackhand gets his hand blown apart by a Dwarf boomstick and replaced with a sharp bladed weapon in the film. Despite this, there is no mention of the Shattered Hand Clan.

- Durotan and Garona are very strong characters in the film- I like the portrayals.

- Also liked Demon Medivh, but where was Dr. Phil'Jaeden?

Good movie, I hope for a sequel that includes catapults Death Wagons!

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

achtungnight posted:

Thanks to Azzur's pledge to review it MST3K style, I watched the Warcraft movie for the first time tonight. It's about what I expected- lots of CGI and fantasy clichés, but some surprisingly decent writing and performances from the lead actors. I enjoyed it a lot- though I'll probably enjoy the comments of Nigel and co. more if Azzur does go through with the plan.

Good news! Part one of that post is going up tonight (my time, that is)! I didn't know that Grom was only in the credits as "Peon," as that is... unforgivable. Though there is some Shattered Hand stuff, just not explicitly stated. And also not in the way that it's presented in Warcraft 2.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Looking forward to Nigel's reaction to the fact that the orcs win the war just fine without him. :allears:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Picked up the Peon bit from Wikipedia. Two more things-

- Film director Duncan Jones is the son of David Bowie. Appropriate that this movie should be connected to the Goblin King. :D

- Baby Thrall is cute.

Sir Sam Vimes posted:

Looking forward to Nigel's reaction to the fact that the orcs win the war just fine without him.

Yeah, he's going to be pissed they didn't include him in the movie. Vilefeast and Bloodgut are likewise missed. Thanks to these threads, I am now literally unable to imagine Warcraft 2 without including these characters somehow. At least Groinbiter was in the movie, or a relative of his at least (correct me if I'm wrong).

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

achtungnight posted:

Yeah, he's going to be pissed they didn't include him in the movie. Vilefeast and Bloodgut are likewise missed. Thanks to these threads, I am now literally unable to imagine Warcraft 2 without including these characters somehow. At least Groinbiter was in the movie, or a relative of his at least (correct me if I'm wrong).

To be fair, given that Warcraft II didn't really have any characters to follow... :v: Though that sounds way harsher than I mean it to be - I'd much rather have the viewpoint of Nigel and co. than some other growly screamy orc, if that makes sense.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Warlock PCs get the skull of the Eredar warlock that basically was the most powerful demon summoner on Argus, Gul'Dads skull was in the hands of everyones favorite rear end in a top hat elf. The scene where you steal the scepter from the dude what has it is pretty funny.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

Mystery Orc Theater 3000: Part One

Hello and welcome to Mystery Orc Theater 3000! This is not going to be a shot for shot recreation of the movie, nor will it even cover much of the plot of the movie. Honestly, this is only going to make a modicum of sense if you've seen this movie. As well, we're only going to be going through the orc-relevant bits since Nigel and crew have only that to base their reactions on. I suppose we'll have to wait to see what happens with the humans, won't we?

Also...

:siren:SPOILERS:siren:

: So dis be some sort o' world wit'out us, mon?

: Well, I was told only that the spell would show us a “time where what should have been, hadn't.”

: So I might still get a cameo?

: ...one could only hope.

: Shh! It starting!

: There has been a war between orcs and humans for as long as can be remembered...

: ...didn't we get here, like, twenty years ago?

: Eight, chieftain.

: What the Nether is this guy talking about?! Everyone can remember that!

: Maybe he means dat dis is like... in da future, mon?

: ...you got a cheap scrying spell with a FRAME STORY?!

: Wow. To think we used to look like that.

: Uhhh... stupid and lame?

: Chieftain, that's Durotan, chieftain of the Frostwolves. Chieftain Fenris's brother.

: You can't just make up other chieftains so I don't feel as special.

: We fought alongside Chieftain Fenris!

: Hehe, Fenris have funny wolf hat.

: None of these names ring a bell.

: Chief, dat orc is pregnant.

: ...that's not right. Draka wasn't...

: Yeah, gross! Cover it up!

: Yuck!

: ...I'd like to point out that orcs of all shapes and sizes should be proud of their body.

: Yeah! Love you body!

: Only 'cause yours sucks.

: Bloody has bad body!

: Pick a side, Vile-mon.

: Oh yeah, all the clans gathering. I remember this!

: I do not remember this.

: Aliens, mon?

: Draenei, actually.

: Haha, yeah, they smoosh good.

: Yeah, pretty sure that Vilefeast and the rest of his meathead friends smashed 'em all up good before we opened the portal.

: Look at that. You're remembering things.

: Well, enough of that. Pass me the rum, Vilefeast.

: Woah...

: It is truly impressive, isn't it?

: These special effects amazing!

: Let me guess, you know who this guy is, too?

: That's Gul'dan, Chieftain.

: Who?

: Chief-mon, even I know dat guy. Didn't joo and Vile-mon kill him?

: ...he got away.

: But it okay! Now we have Golden's skull!

: I wanted to kill him! I had a flaming sword and everything!

: Ah, the good ol' days of the First War. Real orcs! None of these ogres, death knights, or trolls-

: 'Ey!

: Or dental hygene.

: Chieftain, I tell you to brush your teeth because it's good for you.

: I don't wanna!

: Me not brush teeth. Just steal new teeth.

: Home sweet home.

: You hated that swamp.

: Yup. That's why we need Castle Necksmasher back!

: Let it go already!

: Hey, Vilefeast, look! It's Kilrogg!

: Did me kill him?

: Nah! ...but that ugly sonofabitch owes me money.

: Wait, I'm sorry, did I miss something?

: Dat orc be goin' inta labor, Chief-mon.

: Uuhh... is Gul'dan...

: Yup! Mr. Golden good doctor!

: You are a bad person for making me watch this, Bloodgut.

: This is so strange. Us not being there has changed so much already.

: What.

: WHAT.

: WHAT.

: WHAAAAAAAAAA-

: Is dat how magic works, Bloodbelly?

: Umm... I guess? He sucked the soul out of a human creature and... gave the life energy to the stillborn child.

: Just like me! Me have deer soul, too!

: -AAAAAAAAAAAAT

: I refuse to believe that this could happen.

: Oh, wow, da portal closed afta' joo orcs came through?

: ...no. Not really sure why that would happen.

: And then we laid waste to the human lands.

: Do you just black out throughout whole portions of your life?

: How could I call it life if I ever did otherwise?

: Remember that Blackhand's first invasion failed?

: It not fail! It just tactically not succeed!

: Oh, yeah! Then he called in the best. Hey, maybe I will have a cameo!

: Speak of the devil.

: HIM you recognize? He doesn't look anything like Blackhand!

: Sure he does. He's got those, uhh... shoulder things. I mean, he looks a little different without his stupid hat.

: And his molten, rock hand?

: Why do you think we called him “Blackhand”? He got that from reaching into a pool of lava.

: What?

: Jeez, you guys think I'm stupid.

: What the Nether? Durotan and whatshisface aren't fighting the humans?

: Doomhammer.

: Bloodgut, you know that his name is forbidden around me.

: Wasn't Doomhammer part o' your clan, mon?

: Clan Pinecone?

: Yes, that is odd. Doom-

: Grrr...

: That stupid guy with the beard.

: Much better.

: He was a part of the Blackrock clan. Not sure what he's doing with the Frostwolves here.

: Wow. Orc politics sure are...

: Uninteresting.

: Ya, pretty much.

: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

: That not how you use hammer!

: Proper use of horse, yes. Blackhand so smart.

: What?! He can't do that! Vilefeast couldn't even...

: Chief-mon, you know dat Vile-mon could juggle horses if he wanted to.

: This is really emasculating.

: Seems as though Blackhand's forces did much better in this version of history.

: Of course! Blackhand strongest orc!

: What the Nether is that thing?

: Haha, little human stick.

: By the ancestors!

: Das bad juju, mon!

: Blackhand, no!

: AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right, idiot!

: Uh...

: Don't look at me, I have no idea.

: Didn't Blackhand just get his rear end kicked? What's all this magic crap?

: Yeah! I feel the same way, Durotan. The gently caress is going on?

: It seems that a mage was present during this defeat, Chieftain.

: No, no, no... I know mages. They make insects. Or water monsters. Hell, even these new guys just throw fireballs. What the Nether was that?!

: ...kinda looked like dat ting dat Vile-mon does when he sucks out da human souls, mon.

: Oooh! Foreshadow-y!

: So the humans beat back Blackhand's first assault.

: Right, and then we get hired. Cameo time!

: Lady Garona was captured as well? What was she doing on the front lines?

: I actually have no snarky comments for that. What the hell was she doing there? Isn't she, like, our spy or something?

: Best spy stay hidden in sight. On battlefield.

: Good ta know dat da orcs of dat possible world are jus' as smart as da orcs of dis world.

: Ah... the meeting of the chieftains. I was never invited back to those.

: I wonder why.

: I tripped, alright! I didn't mean to set the hall on fire!

: And you helped by...?

: I didn't know that booze was flammable!

: Fearsome Blackhand, Warchief of the Horde, you have allowed the small teeth to kill your warriors. Worse, you have shamed your people by running from an enemy.

: Are you too weak to talk, Destroyer? The Horde has no use for weakness. Respect our tradition, Warchief. You know the penalty...

: Death.

: No, no, no... what.

: That does seem... harsh.

: Haha, mon, if ya got killed every time ya messed up, joo'd all be dead at least five times by now.

: Is that a real thing?

: It is not.

: Really glad we aren't around in this world.

: Woah, death by slow fire-body-disintigratin' ting. Joo orcs are hardcore.

: Yes... yes... that's a thing we have.

: Wait, Durotan saved this rear end in a top hat?!

: And Gul'dan doesn't seem too happy about it.

: Uuh, sometin' about dis doesn't make sense, Bloodbelly.

: What's that?

: Pfft... where to begin?

: It's jus'... wasn't Gul'dan usin' Blackhand ta lead joo orcs, mon? He groomed him fer da position and everytin', right?

: Well, yes.

: But he's totally cool wit' offin' 'im jus' like dat?

: Well... uhh... Oh, look there's Grom!

: Always chewing up the scene, aren't we, Mr. Shouty?

: Ah, so in this version of events, Durotan and Doomh- err... Dumb Beard Guy... Those two came up with a plan to get Gul'dan out of power.

: Right, but we all know that Blackhand was the real source of power!

: …

: And then I decided to kill him.

: Didn't... Dumb Beard Guy tell you to strike?

: ...No.

: Uh, Chief-mon, I hate ta interrupt, but don't we got some humans ta kill?

: Ugh... okay, pause it, Bloodgut. This is getting good.

: Me hope that Garona have multiple unnecessary romance subplots!

Azzur fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 4, 2018

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

From what I can recall of some stuff coming out before or after the movie the guy playing Durotan is or was actually a pretty avid World of Warcraft player.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
ROFL at the linked content- Screenshot MST3K is something I need to experience more often. Good quality anyway.

Vilefeast, I think you're gonna get your wish for Garona. :D

Looking forward to the next update on the movie and the one on the game.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

achtungnight posted:

ROFL at the linked content- Screenshot MST3K is something I need to experience more often. Good quality anyway.

Vilefeast, I think you're gonna get your wish for Garona. :D

Looking forward to the next update on the movie and the one on the game.

Good news, more is coming (especially since I've got nearly a week off work next week). The next main update is still coming in two days!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Is it just me, or are the orc women inordinately hot?

Once you go green, er, ah... you never get clean? I dunno.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
From a favorite fantasy CYOA game of mine (Life of a Wizard)- "I soon learned to appreciate the aggressive passion of the Orcs!"

Sadly, there are no lovescenes in the movie.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

painedforever posted:

: Thanks. Me think you pretty, too.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Azzur posted:

: Thanks. Me think you pretty, too.

Zug zug :stwoon:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

painedforever posted:

It's Blizzard, no matter how ugly the men of a given Blizzard species are, the women always have perfect tits and posture.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

It's Blizzard, no matter how ugly the men of a given Blizzard species are, the women always have perfect tits and posture.

Except Worgen females. :v:

But otherwise Blizzard character designers are all butt people. Everybody knows that by now.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PurpleXVI posted:

This is why in the WoW subforum I very much doubt ogres, broken, arrakoa, and sethrak among other races will be playable in the foreseeable future - a distinct absence of big-tittied women with bras of dubious supportive value. There are arrakoa women, but they use the same models as the men.

I very much doubt that Blizzard has the guts to make a playable race without recognizable human sexual dimorphism.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Obligatory:

:NSFW: https://www.oglaf.com/dimorphism/ :NSFW:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wow those footmen look so fake in that scene. The freaking orcs look more realistic. It's probably the perfect shine they have on them for some reason.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Okay, having not seen the movie AND being completely unfamiliar with Warcraft Lore, I think I'll pass on the movie updates from now on. Nothing wrong with them, I just don't have enough context to understand.

I will say though that it's ridiculous that the male orcs look like... orcs, while the female orcs look like attractive human women painted green.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Garona, while only half orc, is just Paula Patton with artificially green skin.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Okay, having not seen the movie AND being completely unfamiliar with Warcraft Lore, I think I'll pass on the movie updates from now on. Nothing wrong with them, I just don't have enough context to understand.

I will say though that it's ridiculous that the male orcs look like... orcs, while the female orcs look like attractive human women painted green.

Human women painted green with pointed ears and cute little fangs.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

Alpha3KV posted:

Garona, while only half orc, is just Paula Patton with artificially green skin.

Yeah, I think that's where all the lady orc love is coming from. You guys just all love Paula Patton.

Also they "greened" her skin in after shooting, which I guess makes sense. A lot better than covering an actress or actor in green makeup and the result is very convincing.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I dunno, some of the latter group shots in the movie has a pretty decent variety of orc females. Which was a nice representative touch.
While Garona as a character is pretty good in the movie, Garona's appearance could probably have been a bit improved.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I personally found the other main Orc female, Thrall’s mother Draka, more attractive. But I understand Garona has the bigger role.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Azzur posted:

Yeah, I think that's where all the lady orc love is coming from. You guys just all love Paula Patton.

Also they "greened" her skin in after shooting, which I guess makes sense. A lot better than covering an actress or actor in green makeup and the result is very convincing.

achtungnight posted:

I personally found the other main Orc female, Thrall’s mother Draka, more attractive. But I understand Garona has the bigger role.

A bit of this, a bit of that... Garona's okay, but yeah, Draka is definitely more attractive.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.
Just gonna swoop in and do the needful: I think we'll steer away from the "which characters we're attracted to" conversation. I know I sort of jumped in and contributed, but this could start to get real weird, real fast.

New update coming tomorrow!

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Azzur posted:

Just gonna swoop in and do the needful: I think we'll steer away from the "which characters we're attracted to" conversation. I know I sort of jumped in and contributed, but this could start to get real weird, real fast.

:hai:

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

FINE. Doomhammer. It's ALWAYS been Doomhammer.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Azzur posted:

New update coming tomorrow!

I know I started this, but you know it's the internet when you have to put up a "Don't be creepy" disclaimer at the start of a Warcraft II LP.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Doomhammer Dumbhammer* did get some good character development in the movie, I'll agree on that much. I can kinda see why he spent several years brooding alone (for all we know) after leading the Horde as Warchief and losing the Second Great War.

*Check out the latest update for the reason I'm not using his proper name.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

All the scenes with Durotan and Doomhammer were the best things about the movie. The human characters were so boring (except Medivh who gets a pass).

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

Act 3: The Great Sea

Episode 8: The Seas of Azeroth or Mutiny on the High Seas

Mission Briefing

: I have chosen the wrong chieftain to follow.

: Well, more like I was forced onto the wrong chieftain. "More rum, Bloodgut!" "Wash my back, peon!" Ugh...

: And while he and Lord Gorefiend discuss strategy, I'm left to establish the forward base. No food, a gold mine that couldn't support our war efforts, and no troops!

[img]https://lpix.org/3088558/Orc004[1].png[/img]

: Bloodguy have Vilefeast!

: And what a brilliant conversationalist you are!

: Me sense sarcasm.

This is one of those missions. You begin with only one peon and a less than ample gold mine. Your position isn't exactly too good either. The only saving grace you have is that the scout tower provided at the start is a little hint as to where you should be defending from.

: Vilefeast. Humans.

: Me know, me know...

: Sometimes me wonder, is there more to life?

: I'm sorry, Vilefeast, what?

: Sometimes me think... maybe this fighting... it not worth anything.

: Uuuhhh... I mean, I can't say I disagree. But we have a job to do for Nigel, and by extension the Warchief.

: Maybe Chieftain not care about ussss.

: You're acting very strange today, Vilef- Ahh!

: Humans!

: Do not worry. Me smash good!

: Me take men smashing. Maybe you should think about what you're doing here.

: What I'm doing here? What?

: We're fighting for the Horde, right? For our people. We need a new home.

: ...and sometimes we have to stomp out others so that we can flourish. First the ogres, then the draenai. Now these humans.

: When will it sssstop?

: What's going on here, Vilefeast?

: Oooh! Look! Metal birdie!

: drat. Those are Kul Tiras colors. Maybe we're still too far from the island nation to attract the attention of their armies.

: Of course, the Stormwind forces seem more than happy to engage with us. Where is Nigel already?

In a small encampment south of Baradin Bay...

: Wait, we're trying to get a book?

: For the last time, YES. The Book of Medivh was not in Stormwind.

: New Stormwind.

: ...Necksmasher, your troll.

: Oh, right. Bad troll! No! Seen, not heard!

: I have suspicions that the book was taken by a group of humans who hunger for power.

: What? How... Err...

: Just speak. You can't be worse than Necksmasher.

: How'd ya figure dat out, mon? Usin' ya crazy voodoo magic?

: I found a knife at the scene.

: That sounds like a stretch. I'm not crazy, right? That's totally a stretch.

: Enough. I have also provided information to your commander.

Back on the coast of Baradin Bay...

: Well things are going swimmingly without him.

: What that noise?

: It sounded like a...

: Cannon. Great. I don't suppose you have any Zombie Lord power to help us out here?

: Me can burp me name.

: Super helpful. Okay, Bloodgut, you got this.

: Third degree burns aren't so bad. I'll just get in there and...

: Woo! Haha, sharpened sticks take down elven destroyers every time!

In case you didn't listen to the mission briefing, the goal for this map is very different. All you have to do is build five shipyards and destroy all enemy ships. Now that's complicated slightly by your starting position, which is saddled with a fairly small gold mine and is adjacent to several enemy ships that will make building shipyards difficult. So it makes sense to build up a strong force early, except you don't have the sustainability with your current resources. Further depleting those funds are the attacks from blue coming from the south. What to do?

: Ready your men, Vilefeast. We're not safe here. We need to find a new shore to begin our naval fleet.

: Me not understand any of that. But okay.

: We've got some knights and-

: Ah, well. Yes.

: Ahem.

: Yes? What is it?

: Me think me deserve a Vilefeast treat.

: A what?

: When me do good, Chieftain give me a pinecone. Err... no, he give me TWO pinecone. Hehehe.

: The humans are building a base of operations down here. If you can take care of that, you can have all the pinecones you can... eat? Do you eat them?

: *GASP!*

: Go! Charge! Smash!

: Those ballistae seem operational. I've prepared some catapults to deal with them.

: What is "catapult?"

: Catapult bad. Death wagon better.

: Just kill them.

: Okay!

: Hah, no problems. We should be done here before Nigel returns.

: Only one man left.

: Ooh. Me wrong.

: But how? How did we get routed? This humans don't even have a fortified base!

: Ah.

: You not even scout the enemy bassssse?!

: Let me handle thissss... You. Get to sssscouting!

: What? I'M in charge here, Vi-

: You are in charge of no one and lessssss! Necksssssmasher wouldn't charge you with his ssssssocks!

: I... I...

: Ssssscouting. Now.

: ...Nigel doesn't even wear socks.

: And it seems as though the dwarves have officially allied with Kul Tiras. Here I thought it was coincidence that the gryphons continued to show up when they did.

: That's why we have towers.

: Well done, Bloodgut. You've earned the day off.

: I... what?

: I didn't order the construction of those temples.

: Indeed. Neckssssmasher workssss you too hard. Kick up your feet. Relaxxxx...

: You're not Vilefeast.

: Obvioussssly. But that won't sssstop you from enjoying the ssssstock of wine we've brought with us, will it?

: ...what is your game?

: No game. Jusssst showing you that there'sss sssso much more to life than thisssss war. Necksssssmasher's war.

: We could ssssimply... ssstop.

: Let me handle thisss.

: I'm not sure what your aim is, or what you're doing with Vilefeast's body.

: But...

: Good. Good. Good. Yay! Good!

: Whatever you have planned, warlock. You'd better move quickly. Our gold mine has collapsed.

: We can't keep our troops without any funding. Is this a part of your plan?

: Uhhh... yes. Me big plan make.

: SMASH!

: ...So you're all good for me to go back to drinking?

: Hm. Yes. Me Chieftain now. Me say drink all wine!

: Okay. You're clearly back to being an idiot.

: But you are technically a chieftain.

: Clan Pinecone rides again!

: Great. I'm going to go get sloshed while Nigel isn't here.

: Silly humans. Fire not bad. Fire friend! See?

: Ah. Me love the smell of napalm in morning.

: Wait. Me not smell anything since me explode.

: Then Mr. Chew Go and Golden fix me. But not fix nose.

: They bad doctors.

: Haha, but then they give me new head-friend! He talk funny.

: Hahahahahahahahahahah!

: What the Nether are you laughing at?

: Chieftain! You back!

: Yes, Vilefeast, "Me" back. Whatcha doin'?

: Burnin' stuff.

Ooof, not exactly an impressive gold mine we've inherited here.

: Cool. Cool. Alright, well, Mohwak-brains, did you bring the peons?

: Aye, Chief. I got Gorefiend's supplies wit' me.

: Eh? Yellow Zombie Lord here?

: No, the drat Skeleton-In-Man's-Clothing went off with some human lord.

: Lord Prestor, mon.

: Stupid name. Stupid human. Selling out his own kind. Anyway, Maggy, get me some scouting reports.

: Aye, Chief!

: What me do?

: You? Uh... this is mostly a naval job, Vilefeast.

: Me have one of those!

: Sort of proving why I shouldn't give you a ship.

: Alright, Chief, we got some inta'restin' tings about here.

: Oh good, I was having a hard time telling Vilefeast that he was totally useless to me.

: Ruh?

: We've got some Kul Tiras ships in da bay to the north and a' oil field we can take safely.

: I've already got the men working on some shipyards.

: Good. No Face wants at least five of those up and running before we can move on with "his plans." Good job, Bloodgut.

: Eh? Mon, I'm nah Bloodbelly.

: Hm? You say something? Aren't you supposed to be scouting?

: But scouting my job!

: Hahaha, yeah, I'm gonna put you in a flammable flying balloon where one small mistake would kill everyone.

: Yay!

: Am I going to have to give you the sarcasm explanation again?

: We got more forces around da beaches. As well as a well defended island.

: Kul Tiras!

: ...if dat's Kul Tiras, den I'm an ogre.

: Let's burn down Kul Tiras!

: We have bigga' problems, Chief.

: Ugh. How did the humans find out we were here so quickly?

: Must be magic, mon. We jus' set up dis base.

: Have I mentioned lately how much I respect the way you pronounce certain words?

: Oh, tanks, mon.

: Definitely not those words, though.

: But our navy ain't gonn' be able ta punch through dose destroya's.

: Pfft. Navy.

: You have to think outside the box a bit, troll.

So I should note here that Kul Tiras has fully upgraded ships. It also seems that no matter where you start your shipyard, you're going to get bum-rushed by these powerhouses. I was never able to actually get a force of ships up to combat this. But whatever, DEATH WAGONS!

: Chieftain?

: I know, I know. Tactical genius.

: No. Er. Yes. But me wonder what me do now?

: What? Go away, Vilefeast. We've got this under control.

: Hahaha! Yes! Death frigates, how I've missed you!

: Not... need me?

: (It is assss I told you. He doessssn't care about you.)

: Yes, he do! Chieftain care big!

: (He caressss only for himsssself.)

: Look at this fleet! drat, I'm awesome!

: He care about other people, too.

: Wooo! I'm gonna go blow up some humans! I don't care about anyone!

: Me... maybe go back to Bloodguy.

: 'Ey, Chief. What are you doin' out dere?

: Uhhh... killing all the humans? It's been awhile since I had a boat under my feet.

: Didn't Gorefiend tell us ta jus' set up da shipyards, mon?

: He said, and I quote, "secure the Baradin Bay so we may launch our assaults from there," and then he said I was the best.

: I don't tink-

: And I am.

: I jus' tink dat maybe we should have a plan.

: Shut up, Bloodgut.

: Let's blow this up! That's a plan, right?

: It's... A plan, ya.

: Hahaha, nothing can stop me!

: Heh. Aim those cannons up, Tusks.

: Dey don't go up, mon.

: What?!

: Oh, thank the ancestors. Cannons that can fire up!

: Dat is... amazingly dangerous, mon.

So I forgot if I mentioned this, but destroyers can attack both land and air units. Juggernaughts and turtles (and by extension the human battleship and submarines) cannot. This is problematic if you get ambushed by gryphons.

: Verrry happy to be of help, Nigel.

: It's Chieftain-

: Surrre, okaaay, whatever.

: Me come, too! Me big help!

: Are ya drunk, Bloodbelly?

: "Are ya drunk, Bloodbelly?" That's you. That's what yoooouuu sound like.

: Hahaha! He's right. You do sound like that.

: Chieftain have something he want to say to me?

: Uhh...

: Destroy that shipyard?

: (Thissss man is not your friend.)

: Okey-dokey!

: Why're ya two out here, anyway, Bloodbelly?

: Yooooouuuu don't even know me.

: ...So. Why're ya two out here, Vile-mon?

: Oh!

: Gold mine thingy explode.

: Oh, Netherballs.

: Chief, we didn't make dose shipyards for Gorefiend.

: ...maybe he won't notice.

: Alright, hear me out. What if we just destroy Kul Tiras?

: Thasss not Kul Tiras.

: It probably is!

: Haha, you're dumb.

: Well, Bloodbelly, it was nice knowin' ya.

: Into the brig! Someone is getting laundry duty and it's exclusively loincloths!

: Now, onto Kul Tiras!

: Probably not Kull Tiras, mon.

: Chieftain. Maybe you too hard on Bloodguy.

: Yes, burn! BURN, HUMANS!

: Me think... me think maybe Chieftain be nice to Bloodguy.

: Vile-mon may have a point about Bloodbelly, Chief.

: Between the two of you, I'm going to forget what his actual name is. Something to do with intestines, right? Back to destruction!

: That definitely solves the problem of "Who would win, two elves or a 42 pound cannonball?"

: Dere's ears everywhere!

: Maggy, me can talk to you? Private time?

: Bwahahahahaha!

: Ya, Vile-mon. I tink dat da Chief is busy anyway.

: It just... me think that this is crazy.

: What? What's crazy?

: This war. All of this. Following Necksmasher. You don't belong here.

: Heh... Vile-mon, I don't belong nowhere.

: But why him? Why take this abuse?

: He saved me, mon! He-

: An accident.

: Hey! This isn't Kul Tiras at all!

: We'll talk more later, Maggy.

: ...eh. Mon?

: Hey! A gold mine! Wait, is this whole island just gold?

: Chief, dat's ridiculous.

: Get me the Bloodguts!

: We still haven't cleared dat island, Chief mon.

: I got this.

: One grunt, mon? Dat's suicide!

: I got this.

: Aaaaaaannnd... FIRE!

: Chief mon!

: He was a good soldier.

: Don' you even care about us, mon?

: ...nooooo? D'uh. Alright, get the warlock zombie out!

: Mon! Why didn't ya jus' do tha' ta begin with?!

: I wanted to see if it'd work, really. I can't believe that human didn't see the huge death frigates sitting nearby. Whelp, time to get to work!

So I'm certain that you could get through this mission without securing this gold mine, but I'm paranoid. The idea of running out of gold just shy of my fifth shipyard is not appealing to me. I'm also pretty sure that you don't need to take out the Azerothian forces, either. I mean, you really only have to take out all the Kul Tiras ships and build five shipyards. Still, trying to do that while dealing with attacks from the south is a pain. I just sort of bulled through this.

: Okay, Gingerstache, you man the base. I've got humans to genocide.

: ...

: Can't wait to get this job done and over with and find that drat Captain Wells. I'd love nothing more than to put a knife into one of his eyes. Maybe both.

: Yeah. Definitely both. After all of this, I deserve both.

Back at "Kul Tiras" (aka just an island)...

: Bloodbelly, get outta dat brig, mon.

: Ooh... my head. What happened.

: Chief threw you in fer backtalk, mon.

: I don't think I should drink anymore.

: Me think that maybe you should drink.

: Me think that maybe... maybe chieftain is... bad guy?

: He did just explode one of our troops.

: Definitely not the first time.

: I tink da Baradin Bay belongs ta us now, mon.

: Me think that maybe when we finish, we leave chieftain.

: What are you saying, Vilefeast?

: When we go home. We leave.

: Hey, guys! I'm back! Victory!

: ...

: What'd I miss?

Azzur fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 7, 2019

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I'm scared. Get your chaff together, Nigel! :ohdear:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
This mission sure is challenging, huh? And they only get worse. Poor Bloodgut.

Love the red cloak on the Grunt at the beginning. :D And on the Death Knight later.

The enemy trembles in terror when they hear Vilefeast burp his name...

Just think if you bother to scout the blue enemy base and expose their Gold Mine how impressive it will be when you eventually take it, given that the computer doesn't start draining Gold Mines till they're exposed from the black... This is a mission that teaches you to do more with less in a serious way.

You also learn the limitations of Naval Units. Destroyers can attack air units, Juggernauts can't. Turtles can only attack Ships and Shipyards- and for God's sake, keep them away from Towers! Death Wagons are indeed useful for defending your bases from enemy ships, but you want Trolls close by too in case of Griffons. And have I mentioned how annoying it is when you're upgrading a Tower to Guard and it gets destroyed before it finishes?

I too usually bullied through this mission, destroying the Blue Humans first and then the Green. I usually held off on my last Shipyard until all Humans were dead. Made things more challenging.

Uh oh, dissension in the ranks...

Oh, and I had a poor memory- this isn't my favorite Mission. Just as that island was not Kul Tiras. Both, IIRC, are coming up. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Erm, did you forget that blue is Azeroth or is referring to them as Lordaeron intentional?