Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Daztek posted:

https://streamable.com/mv1lm

"Logged into the PTU and this is what greeted me"

I used to be a commando, but then i took a missile to the knee.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Crobba-llama

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZHUmvZutc

Skip to 38s, it's being difficult.

I hate this hasn't been posted yet. :(

gently caress YEAH! I had this on C64 cassette

e: also still have the original game....it was the first board game I bought (saved up for it by delivering newspapers). Played the poo poo out of it, but it's still complete, with both expansions (the Eldar one and the Dreadnought one)

tuo fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 28, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Which reminds me that I have to finish a dark souls run.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

https://streamable.com/mv1lm

"Logged into the PTU and this is what greeted me"

umm alfa?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bofast posted:

I don't even care about Portal that much and even I thought that singing felt wrong given what it's like in the game

slight Poral 1 spoilers:

The "singer" here, GladOS, is the AI that runs the testing facility the player is trapped in and has to escape. Dark Souls-style, you learn some stuff about here within the game, and Valve also ran some kind of ARG to add to the story. During the whole time, GladOS comes across as a rather emotionless entity which monitors your progress, up until the end, when you mastered all the trails she created for you, and wants to discard you, because you are basically just another lab rat. Of course you manage to escape the death trap, and finally manage to confront here, where you find out that the AI is made out of different modules, called cores, and the core responsible for her moral is no longer attached to her. So she lost all here moral, but still continued with the task given to here from mankind: test people. Without moral, she tested them while accepting that the test subjects may die, and even pro-actively killed them off after they finished the testing parcour.

In the final "boss fight", you basically kill GladOS off, by removing the other cores she is made out off, and destroying them.

That's why the ending song is something special, because after hearing that voice for the whole game (lecturing you, haunting you, insulting you, trying to bargain with you) you now hear a very quiet, humble and human-like GladOS. Maybe the GladOS that mankind built, before the morality core of hers got detached and she started killing everyone to get better science results.

Some of that is retconned in Portal 2, where GladOS origin is further explained.

That's why to many Portal fans, this song is so important. It's basically ten minutes in game where you learn (during a boss fight) why the evil AI that tries to kill you is actually evil, and after finishing her, hearing here original, humble voice, still doing what manking created her for.

And that's why singing that song in that style is so loving wrong....

e: sorry, wrong quote

tuo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 28, 2018

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MoMA, noooooo

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

MoMA, noooooo

Oh that's golden :five:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:stonklol:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

MoMA, noooooo

Brilliant! :five:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Daztek posted:

MoMA, noooooo

:eyepop:

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Belatedly watched this because life was hectic this week but amazing video Bootcha, they're getting better each time; the animated Chris extracting oil from a whale was just spectacular :discourse: (and There Will Be Blood is one of my favourite films).

I also agree that the rumour that Chris will sell shares to backers in the concierge meeting is a stretch; putting aside that it might put CIG in a regulatory minefield, there's also the full accounts of Foundry 42 that were filed to Companies House back in January which indicate that they're considering issuing shares to employees to 'encourage the involvement of employees in the company's performance' (pg 3, second to last para). The fact that CIG are reportedly bleeding talent left, right and centre also seems to support this.

Also lol 'Fracking genius'

[edit] Apparently the documents on CH can't be linked, so I had to change it to their filing history instead.

Nanako the Narc fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 28, 2018

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

trucutru posted:

Which reminds me that I have to finish a dark souls run.

"Now! Back to being ambiguously evil..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9x_koRZ2bA&t=222s

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Daztek posted:

MoMA, noooooo

That made my day.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Neltharak posted:

At this point it's unoriginal fiction

It’s Parp Fiction.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

TheAgent posted:

friend: how come we end up spending all day drinking with you
me: it's part of my charm
other friend: don't you have a game to work on or something
me: why are you asking about love pledge
friend: we've been drinking

Cringe

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Lliarma

edit: l

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Glass Door - Senior Artist Interview posted:

Apr 27, 2018

Senior Artist Interview
Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

+Accepted Offer
+Positive Experience
+Average Interview

Application
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview
Initially, I had the general telephone interview by recruitment agency.
Worked on the art test within 2 weeks.
Attended the face to face interview in the studio after passing the test.
Received the offer letter.

Interview Questions
What is your motivation to join our company?

Glassdoor Review - “Senior Artist” posted:

Apr 27, 2018

4/5 Stars
Current Employee - Senior Artist in Wilmslow, England (UK)
Recommends

+ Positive Outlook
+ CEO
+ I have been working at Cloud Imperium Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros
I like to develop current project.

Cons
The communication is a bit struggle between different time zone office.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

quote:

The communication is a bit struggle between different time zone office.

Say it ain't so MoMA.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Star Citizen: I like to develop current project

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

You bought more jpegs?

Your corpse will be tasty.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Drunk Theory posted:

Yes.

Star Citizen: The communication is a bit struggle.

It works on so many levels.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Hav posted:

Ahhh, slacking off the gimmick;

ISO 4202
Reduction sleeves with external 7/24 taper for tools with Morse taper shanks
Specifies the dimensions of reduction sleeves with external 7/24 taper (Nos. 30, 40, 45, 50 and 60) for tools with Morse taper shanks (Nos. 1 to 6).

All these sleeves allow driving of tools having Morse taper shanks which have a tenon at the small end of the shank; some sleeves allow driving of tools having Morse taper shanks which have an axially tapped hole in the shank:
- with the use of an incorporated screw for sleeves 30 × 1 ? 40 × 1 ? 40 × 2 ? 45 × 1 ? 45 × 2 ? 45 × 3 ? 50 × 2 ? 50 × 3 ? 50 × 4 ? 60 × 3 ? 60 × 4 ? 60 × 5;
- with the use of a draw bar for sleeves 30 × 1 ? 30 × 2 ? 40 × 1 ? 40 × 2 ? 40 × 3 ? 45 × 1 ? 45 × 2 ? 45 × 3 ? 45 × 4 ? 50 × 2 ? 50 × 3 ? 50 × 4 ? 50 × 5 ? 60 × 3 ? 60 × 4 ? 60 × 5 ? 60 × 6.

Morse tapers conform to ISO 296 while 7/24 tapers are in accordance with ISO 297.

Better know a standard!

Who is running Morse taper tools in tyool 2018

ISO 7388-1 SK40 at the minimum for anything that isn't a jolly big spiral drill for showing off or hitting the apprentice on the head with

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I clicked through last week's ATV entitled "Bringing Gameplay to Life" checking out a few seconds every minute or so and saw no gameplay.

??

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I'm amazed by how monochrome this all is. I think it needs more green pixels.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Drunk Theory posted:

Sounds like a 1980s J-Pop song.

I like to develop current project
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Communication is a bit struggle
Oh, oh, oh

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Okay, so. Game music. In no particular order:

An adventurous sunrise/set at the Pyramid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BStjuHfP238

Duelling knights are still alive (buddy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjwXI0n5-I

4000 years of total war makes Jeremy Soule go crazy with an orchestra. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_9QO_76l_I

On the Star Citizen front, it's nice to see business continuing as usual. The Citizen courting dinner should be amusing to see the fallout of and I'm looking forward to Citizencon; you never know what's going to happen there.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Good news!! The survey of how well CIG has done improving the hover bikes is easily accessible: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0IIqNWVhpOw5Blt0DMKu-fAmmm0SXgs_-VVNVr3g4fFM_1A/viewform

Worried others might have harsh things to say about the performance, I helped by submitting lots of positive feedback. Important for the developers to know patch was sucesfl and give them two thumbs up. Don't change a thing!

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Beet Wagon posted:

lol /r/starcitizen is the third biggest shithole on reddit

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

HycoCam posted:

Good news!! The survey of how well CIG has done improving the hover bikes is easily accessible: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0IIqNWVhpOw5Blt0DMKu-fAmmm0SXgs_-VVNVr3g4fFM_1A/viewform

Worried others might have harsh things to say about the performance, I helped by submitting lots of positive feedback. Important for the developers to know patch was sucesfl and give them two thumbs up. Don't change a thing!

I sent them some bears :)

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

ewe2 posted:

You bought more jpegs?

Your corpse will be tasty.

PGabz and Foo Didley smashed on the demon reefer

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

quote:

Too many crashes for me
I quit for now, either my ship goes haywire, someone shoots me for the fun of it, or the game crashes and I loose my money, be back later

quote:

So.... that USB stick.....
CIG needed our orders in Jan of 2015 so they could lock down the numbers and contact a supplier.
Here it is Apr of 2018 and I'm USB-less.
Not a problem, just wondering what the status is. Do we even know what ship it is going to be? Is it still the 16GB size or bigger? Holding off til SQ42 ships so the game can be pre-laoded....
I'd even settle for an official "we thought we were ready, but weren't and have yet to get around to working on them."
Just hope they haven't been sent out a long time ago and mine got lost.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/KwY8SEs.gifv

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Daztek posted:

MoMA, noooooo

This bear works well! :dance:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

[url=https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm?sort.sortType=RD&sort.ascending=false&filter.employmentStatus=REGULAR&filter.employmentStatus=PART_TIME&filter.employmentStatus=UNKNOWN]

I not how write, but I must write review for company love I have. Bestest company I work.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nose boops are the best boops. :3:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Virtual Captain posted:

I quit for now, either my ship goes haywire, someone shoots me for the fun of it, or the game crashes and I loose my money, be back later

I can't deal with how many people always screw up "loose" and "lose".

:negative:

quote:

CIG needed our orders in Jan of 2015 so they could lock down the numbers and contact a supplier.
Here it is Apr of 2018 and I'm USB-less.

I vaguely remember the USB stick thing. I only started following this circus around July/August 2015, so they must've put that forward again since then.

Well, what would they put on the stick anyway? Still funny, though. Like when they tweeted out the choice of collector tin box ~9 months ago, and made people write on the rivet desk.

What was that even about? Nobody got a collectors tin. They aren't even close.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

The Titanic posted:

This bear works well! :dance:

You're accusing Chris of working? Careful of those slanderous words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I serve your master, and you'll all be slaughtered for hamburgers.

Thoatse only reposts things from Reddit. I know it because I do the same to cheat on my taxxes.

I still enjoy his posts, though.