Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
This was a great scene.

"Really tears?"
"They are not for him"

"I'm sorry my little one"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah. Marvel has been fantastic about casting, but Evans as Cap is something they still have yet to top.

I'd argue that Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket was a pretty inspired choice. Also, Tom Holland is a fantastic Spider-Man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I love the score as a whole for this film, but this track in the particular is a knockout. It's also from my favorite scene in the film: Thanos acquiring the Soul Stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXESYfjMGqc

WHOOPS posted:

:siren:Mostly Accurate Spoilers for Infinity War:siren:

Most of that is so on the money, especially with a number of correct details nobody really expected before the film, that it has to come from an earlier version of the script. The final product I feel is much stronger.

X-O fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 28, 2018

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
]How did Thanos know who Tony was? That was a really weird moment that seemed like it had to be there for a reason.

My main issue with Doctor Strange up until this movie was that for a master magician, all he seems to do is open portals. How you make him of all people, boring is beyond me. So seeing him loving unloading on Thanos like Shiva on a 60's acid trip was so great. Now THATS Doctor Strange.

I think I'll enjoy the film a lot more on my second viewing, now that I've gotten over the disappointment of all my fan theories being horseshit. My favourite one still might happen. I want Tony to sacrifice himself. You expect it to be played as a heroic, sad moment with dramatic, swelling sacrifice-y music playing. But instead he accepts what he need to do, hacks Thanos' ship to play Shoot to Thrill, and goes out with a one-liner. Because I kind of miss Iron Man 1 Tony.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

WHOOPS posted:

:siren:Mostly Accurate Spoilers for Infinity War:siren:

https://m.imgur.com/a/iHN3S

I can't say I'm surprised these are mostly accurate despite the details in it, I was sad to learn that Thor's new weapon isn't Jarnbjorn, the badass heavy metal axe that can cleave Celestials, and was the Ultimate Mjolnir instead

Unmature
May 9, 2008

CityMidnightJunky posted:

How did Thanos know who Tony was? That was a really weird moment that seemed like it had to be there for a reason.

This movie called The Avengers. It was a while ago you mighta missed it

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel that Thanos had to know who Stark was based on what happened in New York. The Other (remember that guy?) likely reported that this robot looking dude totally wrecked their whole fleet plus mothership. It’s the thing that makes the most sense to me

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CityMidnightJunky posted:

]How did Thanos know who Tony was? That was a really weird moment that seemed like it had to be there for a reason.

My main issue with Doctor Strange up until this movie was that for a master magician, all he seems to do is open portals. How you make him of all people, boring is beyond me. So seeing him loving unloading on Thanos like Shiva on a 60's acid trip was so great. Now THATS Doctor Strange.

I think I'll enjoy the film a lot more on my second viewing, now that I've gotten over the disappointment of all my fan theories being horseshit. My favourite one still might happen. I want Tony to sacrifice himself. You expect it to be played as a heroic, sad moment with dramatic, swelling sacrifice-y music playing. But instead he accepts what he need to do, hacks Thanos' ship to play Shoot to Thrill, and goes out with a one-liner. Because I kind of miss Iron Man 1 Tony.

I figured Thanos knew about Tony much the same way Tony learned about Thanos after the mind gem fuckery Tony went through. After all, Thanos used to have the mind Gem in the form of Loki’s staff. It wouldn’t surprise me if he saw his downfall at Tony’s hands the same way Tony saw the avengers defeated.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Remember that Thanos was partially responsible for Ultron.

I just got back from seeing this a little bit ago, just going to post some random thoughts:

-MVPs in this movie are Strange, Drax, and Thor. I was happy with Strange's appearance in Thor 3, and they expanded more on the confident Sorcerer Supreme in this film.

-I would say that yes, Shuri might become Black Panther (assuming she survived the mass genocide, which is not known), but in BP they were kind of explicit that Killmonger destroyed all of the heart herbs except for the one used to save T'Challa's life. I'm not sure how they would have had time to make more in the short time between BP and this film.

-Tom Holland is still the best Spider-Man, fight me

-I was very surprised at the Tony death fake out. It sure seemed like he was done, especially with that opening scene of him and Pepper talking about kids.

-I'm a bit confused as to why they were keeping Peter Dinklage's character's identity a secret for so long. A bunch of people figured out from the trailer where you see Thor in the machine that he was going to that forge to build a new weapon.

-It was strange to me that they start the movie with Thanos having already defeated the Xandarians and taken the Power stone. I thought that would have warranted an opening scene, but I'm guessing that had to be cut to keep this already huge movie from being longer.

-Totally called Loki biting it, did not think Heimdall would also, but Idris Elba is a huge star who has better things to do I guess

-I was so shocked by the Red Skull reveal. I was thinking up until the reveal that this was going to be some version of Death, considering Thanos' relationship with death and all. It was disappointing that we got so little with Red Skull, but maybe they are keeping him on ice for a future film, who knows.

-I was also pretty surprised with the Gamora death scene. I would have to think they end up undoing it for GotG3, but maybe not?

-The post-credits teaser was a disappointment, I thought for sure Captain Marvel would finally appear.

-You can definitely tell that James Gunn had his fingerprints on a lot of this film. I can't even imagine the work involved to get all of this together since they had to blend a lot of disparate voices into one movie.

-I will say that I'm not sure how you approach the 2nd part of this, and Tony/Nebula sure seem like they are stranded on a dead planet (unless the Milano survived the moonfall somehow).

-The Iron Spider suit was also a great but hard to notice part of the movie, with everything else going on. I would like him to keep it but I have to think he goes back to a lesser suit by the time they make Homecoming 2.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nebula must have gotten to Titan on a ship after she escaped. Thanos just started teleporting everywhere once he had the Space Gem, and he did so when he left Iron Man and co.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

X-O posted:

Most of that is so on the money, especially with a number of correct details nobody really expected before the film, that it has to come from an earlier version of the script. The final product I feel is much stronger.
I'm not sure...a lot of what is in there could have been pieced together by the trailers. A few aspects are completely wrong. I suppose it could have come from a very early script, but who knows.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Younger Nick Fury.

https://twitter.com/HlywdPipeline/s...267201591504897

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Nebula must have gotten to Titan on a ship after she escaped. Thanos just started teleporting everywhere once he had the Space Gem, and he did so when he left Iron Man and co.

Uh, you see her smash a ship into Thanos. That's how she enters the fight.

The Milano is on Titan, they probably get back in that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm sorry but the color of that costume bothers me. I don't know if it is supposed to look like the traditional colors once they finish all of the work, but the green looks weird to me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're not even gonna have to use that voodoo magic they did to Michael Douglas, RDJ and Kurt Russell, are they? Black don't crack indeed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm sorry but the color of that costume bothers me. I don't know if it is supposed to look like the traditional colors once they finish all of the work, but the green looks weird to me.

It's probably a standard Kree uniform and then in the third act SHIELD make her a new suit in the normal colours.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not sure...a lot of what is in there could have been pieced together by the trailers. A few aspects are completely wrong. I suppose it could have come from a very early script, but who knows.

It was posted in November by the date. We only had the teaser trailer then. No way you could have called Red Skull and the whole Soul Stone scenario based on that. In fact there's almost no way you could have called that based on anything from any leaks or set photos.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

It's probably a standard Kree uniform and then in the third act SHIELD make her a new suit in the normal colours.
I guess it could be...the Kree they have shown so far look different though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's the Kree colors so it's probably something she changes the color scheme on later.

IW:
Plus Fury's pager thing is in her traditional colors.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

X-O posted:

It was posted in November by the date. We only had the teaser trailer then. No way you could have called Red Skull and the whole Soul Stone scenario based on that. In fact there's almost no way you could have called that based on anything from any leaks or set photos.
That's true, I know the main theory of why Wakanda was under attack when we all saw the trailers was the assumption that they were hiding the Soul Stone

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Yeah, that definitely seems like it came from an earlier script.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
So,
who all is still alive? Stark, Nebula, Cap, Widow, Banner, Thor, Rocket, War Machine, Okoye... Shuri?
Hawkeye? Ant-Man & Wasp? Maybe Vision somehow?
Am I missing anyone?

Interesting that all of the original 6 are left, if Hawkeye is alive.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chill Penguin posted:

So,
who all is still alive? Stark, Nebula, Cap, Widow, Banner, Thor, Rocket, War Machine, Okoye... Shuri?
Am I missing anyone?

Hawkeye is definitely alive, as is Ant-Man. It seems like their parts were cut from this movie, but they've both been said to have large roles for Avengers 4.

I bet Shuri is still alive and she repairs Vision, so now he's the white-ish color that he currently is.

Avengers 4 seems to be the swan song for the original group. So it'll probably focus on them with Nebula, Rocket, Rhodey, Scott, and maybe Vision as supporting characters. Carol is also going to have a large role, so it wouldn't surprise me that after all is said and done, she's leading the Avengers at the conclusion.

And I still bet we're going to get a scene of Cap standing up to Thanos with his shield and also now using Stormbreaker.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

So,
Am I missing anyone?

IW
Captain America
Iron Man
Black Widow
Hulk
Thor
War Machine
Rocket
Nebula
Okoye
Vision MAY be repairable if Shuri, Stark and Banner can have a look. Maybe borrow some tech from Rocket or Nebula.

I don't think we see Shuri. And Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Wasp are not seen, so we don't know. I'd almost suspect Clint and Hope made it and Scott didn't.

I bet the six original Avengers each get a stone and that's somehow key to fixing things, maybe they have to sacrifice themselves because their contracts are up

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No loving way Scott didn't make it. I will riot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh hey!

I BET SHURI COPIED VISION INTO THEIR COMPUTERS RIGHT BEFORE CORVUS HIT HER!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Arist posted:

Make way for Bill Foster, Giant Man

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
"Kick names and take rear end!" got a pretty big laugh. I love that Drax does a little nod to cosign it.

Chill Penguin posted:

That would be weird, but I wouldn't say no.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Chill Penguin posted:

I think he's in Ant-Man and Wasp, as like an old friend of Hank Pym.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cargohills posted:

I think he's in Ant-Man and Wasp, as like an old friend of Hank Pym.

He is. Played by Cowboy Curtis.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arist posted:

Well I mean, does the team need both an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lobok posted:

And a Mantis?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lobok posted:

Obviously the Wasp won't be on the team if Spider-Man is because wasps and spiders are natural enemies. :v:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

As a long-time Spider-Man fan I was really expecting him to correct Thanos when Thanos called him an insect.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lobok posted:

As a long-time Spider-Man fan I was really expecting him to correct Thanos when Thanos called him an insect.

To be honest that’s like my only disappointment with the movie.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

X-O posted:

I love the score as a whole for this film, but this track in the particular is a knockout. It's also from my favorite scene in the film: Thanos acquiring the Soul Stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXESYfjMGqc

Yeah, I posted maybe a week ago how I was worried about Silvestri doing the score. I was wrong. It's very good.

My favorite track is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a10dXUS3ch0 It's the last song in the movie, called "Porch." It's really operatic in nature. The villain has won, real low bass and cello, like a funeral dirge.

Also I liked Mantis sneaking around with her hands in a praying mantis pose. Not a spoiler.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

"Kick names and take rear end!" got a pretty big laugh. I love that Drax does a little nod to cosign it.

That line got a big laugh, but Tony's reaction to it and slowly trying to understand who he's dealing with got a bigger laugh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You missed the best track from the movie: https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/990329584800350208

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I love that guy's songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

This is so much better than Future's actual verse on King's dead. So mad I like this.

• Locked thread