Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

SKULL.GIF posted:

you know that symmetra's teammates can do that exact same thing too right?
And in the meantime as they weave back and forth across the shield, their projectiles will be going through while yours won't.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Sym's Infinite Barrier Real Hahahaha Just Walk Thru The Shield Like Press W Haha.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Holy moley, what did they do to Zarya's shields? Things get melted right quick and I feel like I don't get much charge for them. They used to be a bit too powerful, if I remember correctly, but what you get for how long the cooldowns are... yikes.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Sym's Infinite Barrier Real Hahahaha Just Walk Thru The Shield Like Press W Haha.

Consider combo with mcree or pharah ults, or just put a bastion right down in front of volskaya B. You can't hit W into a bastion or reaper. It's pretty cool.

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Holy moley, what did they do to Zarya's shields? Things get melted right quick and I feel like I don't get much charge for them. They used to be a bit too powerful, if I remember correctly, but what you get for how long the cooldowns are... yikes.

Last time they changed her shields was about a year and a half ago, and all they did was make them give 40 energy instead of 50.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Jimbot posted:

Try to keep them on separate but close cooldowns if you can. Helps keep her energy level higher consistently. Easier said than done though.

Edit: that might have been confusing. I meant try not to burn them at the same time but within like two or three seconds of each other.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 29, 2018

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I feel like people have gotten a lot better at not shooting them.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

This isn't real is it? MH is literally the most rage inducing mode.

I prefer mysteryheroes as you get to try with a hero you wouldnt normally choose EVER.

I did ok on blizzard world as a soldier - I am a Zen Moira main

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
I'm really lookin forward to all of the Sym changes. Only concern I have however is that ult. Even with 5k HP, I can't imagine it lasting very long under sustained fire, and due to it being so large its going to be tanking a lot of hits. Without a way to repair it or restore the health, it seems a bit lackluster for an ult.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Moly B. Denum posted:

Last time they changed her shields was about a year and a half ago, and all they did was make them give 40 energy instead of 50.

Specifically they have 200HP, previously giving a point of energy for every 4HP lost, now it's one for every five. She's nuts in total mayhem as the shield HP is doubled and cool down halved, so maintaining maximum charge is a doddle.

I don't think Zarya is too bad but I sometimes think adjustments would be good. I don't think I played her before the change but there doesn't seem to be an outcry over it, but maybe her energy level could decay slower? I'd be interested in how she would be if her beam cleaved. Would make her much better at getting kills from her own ultimate, and maybe that's the issue since she's supposed to be a team player seeing up for the rest of the team.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'd be interested in how she would be if her beam cleaved.

just wait another month or two for that ptr baby...

:getin:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I want to see a 6v6 all Symmetras, with 12 giant walls.

Also I guess it makes Rein less pivotal?

Is there word on if EMP would deactivate the barrier?

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 29, 2018

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

SciFiDownBeat posted:

just close your eyes and press W

wit
Jul 26, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

It will be super fun times for healers though. Also if the enemy has a symmetra will the twice split point become a weird moris dancer thing or like twister or something? I'm imagining it creating bizarre conga line teamfights as everyone runs from one quarter to the other one they can fire through.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there word on if EMP would deactivate the barrier?

EMP crushes Sound Barrier, I don't see why it wouldn't delete the super wall.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Because Blizzard flips a coin to decide if hacking does something to an ability or not

wit
Jul 26, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

There's a trump and mexico joke in there somewhere. I hope the new ult doesnt remove the hide and seek element of symmetra's builds, they're fun as hell. Except if theres a tracer, gently caress her she's OP blizz plz nerf blinky woman.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Really? You ENJOY the hide-and-seek element?

I think that is the worst most bad part of her whole kit

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What is important to me is that junkrat still says 'looks like they've got a SHIELD generator!'

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

What is important to me is that junkrat still says 'looks like they've got a SHIELD generator!'

His or D.Vas "aww no fair" are my favs.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

wit posted:

There's a trump and mexico joke in there somewhere. I hope the new ult doesnt remove the hide and seek element of symmetra's builds, they're fun as hell. Except if theres a tracer, gently caress her she's OP blizz plz nerf blinky woman.

I could totally imagine a Looney Tunes cartoon where Trump hires Symmetra to build his wall, and she’s totally down with the political aspect, but is ultimately driven to homicidal rage by his... everything.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ignite Memories posted:

Unfortunately Symmetra's shield generating abilities are going to be completely gone with this update to her

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Lol I just realized this new ult is going to be yet another way to make Ana completely impotent

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was grabbing my arcade wins on console because I hadn't bothered to yet and something weird happened in retribution. the windows and door leading out to the bridge never opened but the side door on the second floor was still open, so some of us could still get out. not all tho, like the tracer. seemed like not all the enemies were spawning tho since I guess we were technically sequence breaking. then, once we got far enough, our whole squad was teleported to the end area. this never happened to me on pc and only this one time on console and I'm not sure what caused it. anyone got any ideas? is this a known bug that I've just not known about?

I clipped it if you're curious about what it looked like

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
I wonder if symm's new barrier could be tucked away into a corner...

I am thinking of, say, a bastion in the corner on defence in Hanamura B, covered by a 5000 hp barrier, and then an Orisa in front of that, tossing her barrier in front, allowing the Orisa to duck behind the 5000 hp barrier to allow hers to recharge, all the while you have bastion just pooping out damage in the meanwhile nonstop...

... unless there is a limited duration to her barrier ult?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wrist Watch posted:

Lol I just realized this new ult is going to be yet another way to make Ana completely impotent

Remember when Ana was good?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bumper Stickup posted:

Yeah, it sucked.

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

Guigui posted:

I wonder if symm's new barrier could be tucked away into a corner...

I am thinking of, say, a bastion in the corner on defence in Hanamura B, covered by a 5000 hp barrier, and then an Orisa in front of that, tossing her barrier in front, allowing the Orisa to duck behind the 5000 hp barrier to allow hers to recharge, all the while you have bastion just pooping out damage in the meanwhile nonstop...

... unless there is a limited duration to her barrier ult?

I'm not sure what you mean by "tucked away," wasn't it said that it spans the entire map both vertically and horizontally? It seems like you could just aim towards the sky in the general direction of the barrier and still hit it. Unlike Rein and Orisa shields, you wouldn't even need line of sight to the enemy team to damage the shield.

How long does it take Bastion to shred a Rein shield, four seconds? Symmetra's will only last about twice as long as that, and Bastion doesn't have to expose himself to danger to fire at it.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Bumper Stickup posted:

I'm really glad Blizzard killed triple tank meta once and for all by making sure the game doesn't have a character capable of pumping a bunch of healing into tanks alongside another character capable of healing at a much lesser rate while occasionally providing a speed boost or booping people around.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Wrist Watch posted:

I'm really glad Blizzard killed triple tank meta once and for all by making sure the game doesn't have a character capable of pumping a bunch of healing into tanks alongside another character capable of healing at a much lesser rate while occasionally providing a speed boost or booping people around.

Shut your loving whore mouth winston and or possibly genji or zen. You gently caress.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Don't worry, if we ever get 5 seconds of OWL footage without a Genji they'll just nerf other characters at random until he comes back.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, it sucked.

Nah it was cool and good and I hope Brigitte kills dive for the rest of Overwatch's life. Also hope Ana gets buffed back to usability again so she can be something other than a garbage tier character.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you must not remember the tank meta very well because everyone hated it and you were basically forced to run the same cookie cutter lineup every match. 5/6 heroes were mirrored every game at the bare minimum

balance wise, that was one of the worst periods in overwatch

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Ana is in the bad position where her being meta would make the game an unfun horrible mess for everyone else, much like what the OW forums expect the Brigitte meta to be. She is going to need a rework of one or more skills if she's going to be made relevant again without stomping half the viable heroes of the game out of viability.

And I say this as someone who actually likes playing 0-3-3 and 0-4-2.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

you must not remember the tank meta very well because everyone hated it and you were basically forced to run the same cookie cutter lineup every match. 5/6 heroes were mirrored every game at the bare minimum

I remember being in plat and, for once, not seeing a Tracer or Genji ever. Which was fantastic. I also remember people knowing about Tank Meta but never committing to it so everyone ran Road/Dva or Rein/Road or whatever other combo of tanks with Ana/Mercy and Reaper with maybe a rare third tank but more often than not it being Soldier. I also remember everyone trying different team comps and it was a blast and I miss it.

Dive is loving everywhere now and I'm sick of it.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Yeah, the tank meta wasn't great but I enjoyed it a lot more than DVa/Winston/Tracer/Genji/Zen/[healer of the month] all game every game no matter the map or situation.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I feel like you could go a fair way in making Ana relevant or at least playable if you just let her heal though barriers like every other healer in the game so a single Winston or Orisa shield doesn't nullify her entire combat medic concept.

wit posted:

Shut your loving whore mouth winston and or possibly genji or zen. You gently caress.

I honestly have no idea what kind of sick burn this is supposed to be. Mei is my most played character, how owned am I supposed to be exactly

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Maybe they will let Anna hipshots go through barriers, but not scoped shots...

If not, then perhaps they will make it so Genji cannot dash through barriers...

(like in the Dune universe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

But we see the same 5/6 heroes mirrored now! Why is this acceptable but not triple tank beyblade?

(I think because it's fun to watch compared to old tank meta, and some variation still happens)