Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
very happy that SGP is back on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

please be texting wesley snipes :pray:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

also god bless the autist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgjW-wGHRK0

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018

:worship:

Dillon2 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 28, 2018

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
I want a TBS sitcom where SpaceGhostPurpp shares a bunk bed with his roommate, Kanye West

e:

The episode where SGP accidently ruins the Yeezy S7 premiere when he starts a fire by falling asleep with a lit blunt on his urine stained, sheetless matress and ignites Kanye's inventory in the ensuing blaze.

The episode where SGP finds a newfound role as a godfather to North West.

The episode where SGP proposes to a crackhead date he met last week at a Kardashian dinner.

Dillon2 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 28, 2018

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
that kanye song reminds me of DMX-Damien for some strange reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrux3ot6eLI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kanye posted:

Bruh, I never ever stopped fightin' for the people
Actually, wearin' the hat'll show people that we equal
:cripes:

Also, does this make it official? He's not gonna change the name and cover art 5 more times before release?

Also, if his album's really only 7 songs and this one and Lift Yourself are actually 2 of the 7, then Jesus. My expectations for this thing are less than zero now.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Ye vs the people freaking owns I think but yeah that's a lot of obnoxious radio bumps on it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Ye vs the people freaking owns I think but yeah that's a lot of obnoxious radio bumps on it
It's streaming now without all the dumb radio poo poo over it. It's on Spotify at least.

https://open.spotify.com/track/69b0SDYOymaqYwm3la237H?si=CKSJJlXmQbauESVGfKM4yA

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It's streaming now without all the dumb radio poo poo over it. It's on Spotify at least.

https://open.spotify.com/track/69b0SDYOymaqYwm3la237H?si=CKSJJlXmQbauESVGfKM4yA

Thank you, I couldn't listen to it with that obnoxious poo poo over the top. I like Tip's verses.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
both of those tracks are really obviously just quick throwaways that won't be on the album

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

HorseRenoir posted:

both of those tracks are really obviously just quick throwaways that won't be on the album

Or the album is gonna be terrible

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I think what Kanye has done so far is extremely wild. He has been as maximally provocative: he has, among other things, infuriated his numerous left-identifying fans, compelled President Trump to tweet and retweet him, publicly shamed his celebrity friends, released a nonsense track, publicly marked a grainy mugshot of his mother's killer as his album cover, and angered his new right-identifying fans by shaving his hair in solidarity with a Parkland survivor. Simultaneously, he has been insistent on and honest to his core values of intense self-love, love for others, and anti-ideological thinking. Perhaps more amazing is how genuine he is. He is delivering his message with fierce passion and openness. He's owning an intense manic episode as performance art.

I loving love it. He's just totally loving killing it imo.

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
He just posted a track with SmokePurpp on twitter that may very well shut down the rap game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeezy making GBS threads on cole lmao

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

LOVE EVERYBODY except jcoles corny rear end lmao

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
not sure i am feeling Ye Vs the People compared to Lift Yourself but it was an interesting track

this poo poo is fascinating to follow

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Telephones posted:

I think what Kanye has done so far is extremely wild. He has been as maximally provocative: he has, among other things, infuriated his numerous left-identifying fans, compelled President Trump to tweet and retweet him, publicly shamed his celebrity friends, released a nonsense track, publicly marked a grainy mugshot of his mother's killer as his album cover, and angered his new right-identifying fans by shaving his hair in solidarity with a Parkland survivor. Simultaneously, he has been insistent on and honest to his core values of intense self-love, love for others, and anti-ideological thinking. Perhaps more amazing is how genuine he is. He is delivering his message with fierce passion and openness. He's owning an intense manic episode as performance art.

I loving love it. He's just totally loving killing it imo.

yeah.

i thought he was just doing more 'bill cosby innocent' things to get the media and everyone making sure he's the only thing anyone is talking about while he's dropping albums. but no, this is something else, and it's loving great.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
ye rapping his dumb real political beliefs are less interesting than if it was hypothetical. ti is such a fraud, its hard to listen to him as well. ti cosigned iggy azalea and been on a pro-black brand shift ever since. ye and ti can share a bowl of dicks.

i haven't thought about a new kanye album and didn't ask for one. it seems sorta pointless and ye doesn't seem inspired. its just an album. sorta wish ye spoke through his music like in the past instead of letting his persona become bigger than the music. its like the skinny girl that wants to be thick and vise versa. he wants to be everything than a musician.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I wish I could run around like a dumbass and people call me a genius

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

sorry nobody calls you a genius

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

RBX posted:

LAYUP

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmfao gently caress you j cole

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0CgHhMgx4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRPGMPZGmfw

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man College dropout was a great consequence album.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I like Last Call where he talks for eight minutes and still makes it sweet.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

Telephones posted:

I like Last Call where he talks for eight minutes and still makes it sweet.

i wish more rappers did that on their albums ala Carter 3

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I can’t stop laughing at the smokepurpp remix ahahaha goddamn

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

temple posted:

its like the skinny girl that wants to be thick and vise versa

lol :wtc:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

temple posted:

ye rapping his dumb real political beliefs are less interesting than if it was hypothetical. ti is such a fraud, its hard to listen to him as well. ti cosigned iggy azalea and been on a pro-black brand shift ever since. ye and ti can share a bowl of dicks.

i haven't thought about a new kanye album and didn't ask for one. it seems sorta pointless and ye doesn't seem inspired. its just an album. sorta wish ye spoke through his music like in the past instead of letting his persona become bigger than the music. its like the skinny girl that wants to be thick and vise versa. he wants to be everything than a musician.

RBX posted:

lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I know "name one genius that ain't crazy" and all, and he could very well be having an extended manic episode that's spilling over into the music he's making and poo poo, but I'm still not down with it. It's fascinating to watch, sure, but he's been coming out in support of (or at least not dismissing) some things and people and ideas that I hate with a passion because (among other things) they actively work against racial equality, so I don't feel comfortable supporting him doing all this poo poo.

I hope he gets more professional help because he clearly needs it. Whatever help he got before didn't work (or didn't work enough at least) because he's acting even more erratically now than he did before and he's always been known for being eccentric.

I know he's not committing to either the left or the right. He's committed to himself and his vision of unity between people of all political ideologies, no matter how deluded it may be. But he's not denouncing white supremacy and the right's attitudes towards black people. While not all black people have to be democrats, they shouldn't be Republicans either because it's been made abundantly clear that Republicans do not have the best interests of black people in mind. (Not saying Democrats necessarily do either. Black people should be further left than that after what the two party system has done for/to them.) Yeezy is definitely not coming out and saying that, though, so I totally understand why people would see him as a race traitor.

He really doesn't seem to be trying to gain any allies here, rather just do his own thing, which is I guess what he's always done anyway, it's just this time he's being way more inflammatory about it than ever before and backing him in the place he's in now just feels wrong to me.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
there is no universe where math can explain how "gently caress bush" + "love trump" makes any sense. i can't listen to his music without my brain grinding to a halt.

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018

temple posted:

there is no universe where math can explain how "gently caress bush" + "love trump" makes any sense. i can't listen to his music without my brain grinding to a halt.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I know "name one genius that ain't crazy" and all, and he could very well be having an extended manic episode that's spilling over into the music he's making and poo poo, but I'm still not down with it. It's fascinating to watch, sure, but he's been coming out in support of (or at least not dismissing) some things and people and ideas that I hate with a passion because (among other things) they actively work against racial equality, so I don't feel comfortable supporting him doing all this poo poo.

I hope he gets more professional help because he clearly needs it. Whatever help he got before didn't work (or didn't work enough at least) because he's acting even more erratically now than he did before and he's always been known for being eccentric.

I know he's not committing to either the left or the right. He's committed to himself and his vision of unity between people of all political ideologies, no matter how deluded it may be. But he's not denouncing white supremacy and the right's attitudes towards black people. While not all black people have to be democrats, they shouldn't be Republicans either because it's been made abundantly clear that Republicans do not have the best interests of black people in mind. (Not saying Democrats necessarily do either. Black people should be further left than that after what the two party system has done for/to them.) Yeezy is definitely not coming out and saying that, though, so I totally understand why people would see him as a race traitor.

He really doesn't seem to be trying to gain any allies here, rather just do his own thing, which is I guess what he's always done anyway, it's just this time he's being way more inflammatory about it than ever before and backing him in the place he's in now just feels wrong to me.

gently caress J Cole

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

temple posted:

I’m with you, I’m not sure why he released ye vs the people. It is a whole song about how embarrassingly dumb he is re: politics, but he sees it as not that somehow

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I wonder how vexed people with real mental illness are when every stupid thing new Kanye does is just written off as "He's just being manic guyz". Like everybody in the world isnt mentally ill when they are stupid, some people are just stupid. If as many people were mentally ill as the pubic says they are now we'd be in deep poo poo. It's like the 90s when every doctor said kids were ADD instead of just being kids.

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
Wild rear end thought to chew: Kanye West is not the King of Black People and him exercising his own personal political opinion does not constitute "betrayal" or make him a "race traitor" by any means.

We are allowed to not listen to him and make fun of him if he's acting like an idiot (which is literally happening across the board).

If he is just doing this to engage his political fantasies and somehow actually becomes president, good for him. The president's true job is to take all the poo poo and be the scapegoat for an administration, and Kanye is really good coping with haters.

You guys must be plotting on some politically charged pussy and she must be reading your posts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

If ye having bad and crazy opinions makes ur brain breakdown u a busta