Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I think that's the first cellphone screenshot I've ever seen with anywhere over 40% battery remaining, let alone at full :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

69%

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that was an episode of mha

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Deku is A Hero IMO

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im really excited to watch this season of MHA when its done cause i havent read the manga for it yet at all

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Spoilers: It's really good.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So I haven't even watched this "HAKYU HOSHIN ENGI" but why is there a guy riding a flying moomin and why isn't anyone talking about this.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

that was an episode of mha

dollywood denver delaware detroit smash

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I stopped reading the mha manga about midway through last episode, so I was pretty blown away by this one.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xun posted:

So I haven't even watched this "HAKYU HOSHIN ENGI" but why is there a guy riding a flying moomin and why isn't anyone talking about this.

Adaptation of a really old manga with super rushed pacing where there is no room to breathe, and too much happens too fast, so it all just feels wrong.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So for some reason one of two anime I have been watching is Grancrest still.

So uh.
dat nudie fight.
wtf.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
While I like superhero stuff (albeit not as much as some folks) the MHA show has been surprisingly high quality for its run. And the dub and sub are both really good in my opinion!

Also, I think I've decided that You Don't Know Gunma Yet would probably be better if it were longer. Not full length episodes, but maybe 7 or 10ish? As it stands the episodes are a bit too condensed.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Whats the source for the WWII manga with the mind reading girl.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Arachnid. Same author as Killing Bites.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Toonami's facebook has a FLCL Making Of video at the moment and it's....bizarrely frank for promo material. Talking about how the creator didn't want to make a sequel, then one day they noticed the rights were up for sale and bought them up is what they choose to lead with.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90jIXQYs1s

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 29, 2018

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
That interview bizarrely makes me more interested in the new seasons.

It makes me feel there's a lot of passion in it, and it's from a fresh source. So I don't know what it'll be like and that's exciting.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Xun posted:

It's really bad

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

im really excited to watch this season of MHA when its done cause i havent read the manga for it yet at all

It'll probably be kinda difficult to avoid spoilers around episode 11-12~, ganbatte.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/pripri_anime/status/990564982403182594?s=21

"The decision to create the Princess Principal sequel!

All six chapters are released in theaters from 2019.

A complete new drawing of the last episode of the TV series please enjoy!!! pripri-anime.jp #pripri "

Six actual full length movies? One movie with six chapters? Secretly just OVAs? I never know what weird artifacts machine translation might introduce.

Whatever. Awesome!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's probably the same scheme girls und panzer has: six 40-60 minute long films

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah I figure that as well. the main producer of garupan and pripri is Bandai Visual, who bought up studio Actas. garupan's done by Actas and pripri is Actas-3Hz

my guess is each film is basically a double episode of runtime like das Finale 1 is, cause then it's basically like producing a 1 cour show but with the quality and lucrative profit model of theatrical anime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The new FLCL will be bad, but people are going to watch it in droves

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

This is the best timeline. Shirobako and Princess Principal sequels along with new FLCL and a LoGH remake. What's next, a new season of Stand Alone Complex?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at least FLCL 2 can take comfort in knowing it wasn't as bad as the discussion around it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

This is the best timeline. Shirobako and Princess Principal sequels along with new FLCL and a LoGH remake. What's next, a new season of Stand Alone Complex?

thet announced a new gits a few months back

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So for some reason one of two anime I have been watching is Grancrest still.

So uh.
dat nudie fight.
wtf.

The court mage was clearly just using an excuse to get to live out her fetish before they're all killed. How was she supposed to know that that would actually work?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

thet announced a new gits a few months back

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm glad of all the anime sequels and movies

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
This week's episode of Flying Witch Amanchu is good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Part of me wants there to be a new Slayers but part of me remembers Revo/Evo-R.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

a kitten posted:

https://twitter.com/pripri_anime/status/990564982403182594?s=21

"The decision to create the Princess Principal sequel!

All six chapters are released in theaters from 2019.

A complete new drawing of the last episode of the TV series please enjoy!!! pripri-anime.jp #pripri "

Six actual full length movies? One movie with six chapters? Secretly just OVAs? I never know what weird artifacts machine translation might introduce.

Whatever. Awesome!

:siren::bisonyes::siren: I love PriPri so much!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

if we're wishing for things i would like a love lab season 2

maybe haruhi 3 although i suppose that would rely on so many things going right that it's impossible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also apparently every Haruhi novel worth a drat has already been adapted.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yuru Camp season 2 and Yuru Camp x Encouragement of Climb crossover movie, please

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yuru Camp x Encouragement of Climb crossover movie, please

They'd probably make it into a fighting game. The most inappropriate fighting game ever.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Crisis on Infinite Campsites

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Also apparently every Haruhi novel worth a drat has already been adapted.

Has it? I don’t actually know but some of the later stuff sounded interesting. But I don’t think we’d get anything new anyway unless there was something to promote, and with the author on what seems to be a permanent hiatus...

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
A Star Driver movie but good this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Agronox posted:

Has it? I don’t actually know but some of the later stuff sounded interesting. But I don’t think we’d get anything new anyway unless there was something to promote, and with the author on what seems to be a permanent hiatus...

The material involving the Winter Lodge and onwards I believe has not been adapted.

• Locked thread