Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

But finally moving on an A-Force film? Hasn't A-Force existed for like three years? It's not like we've been waiting three decades on it.

I just mean it as a thing that Feige has said that they're totally interested in doing a female team-up movie but so far it's just been a lot of noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

I just mean it as a thing that Feige has said that they're totally interested in doing a female team-up movie but so far it's just been a lot of noise.

Ahhh, I get ya. I thought your statement was like the "Pepper is FINALLY going to become Rescue" as if that's some long part of her character history. I'd really be curious if they'd move forward on an all female team without introducing more heroes yet as we've only got a handful so far.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC there was some recent noise about doing a Scarlet Witch movie. Also depending on how well Captain Marvel goes I could see them finally moving forward on an A Force movie.

I feel bad saying this since the MCU desperately needs more women-led movies beyond just Captain Marvel, but I can’t imagine being interested in a Scarlet Witch film. I don’t know if it’s her portrayal or something about the three movies she’s been in not selling me on the character. I’d much rather have a Black Widow film or something that introduces another character like Ms. Marvel.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Well jist got down with the movie. Very suprised that stark, rogers, or thor didn't bite it. I had figured one would die. Peter dieing choked me up a bit. I knew it was gonna happen because he dies when the Avengers lose.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 29, 2018

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Has anyone written a think piece about how Thanos is a leftist folk hero because his Malthusian genocide plan is completely random to ensure that the rich and powerful cannot buy their way out at the expense of the poor and their resources will be redistributed to the remaining 50%?

I just read this earlier today, all about Malthus:
https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2018/04/27/26108191/a-loving-liberal-is-the-villain-of-avengers-infinity-war

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

He might have been worthy anyway but Mjolnir was enchanted. I figure anyone can pick up Stormbreaker.

Well, Thor does tell the Morons that not just anyone can wield the weapons made since it would drive them mad and tear them apart. So I still think it'll be a big deal when Cap picks it up.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Rhyno posted:

They probably have something bonkers coming, like how we were all WTFing over the GotG announcement.

If you ask me, they need to start setting up the next wave of heroes.

avengers 4 spec: Eitri is totally going to forge Iron Man a new suit. and then thor will use him as his new hammer

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Considering how much money Thor 3 made, I’m sure there will be another one. Probably a different team-up this time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Considering how much money Thor 3 made, I’m sure there will be another one. Probably a different team-up this time.

Hulk need screen time too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
hulk being terrified of thanos was an interesting take

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

sublyme posted:

Loved the movie. Anyone else notice that when spidey is knocked back early in the chase scene in New York, he lands on a Robbie Robertson billboard? I think? Is Robbie running for Mayor or something? Or did it say Jameson and it was such a quick shot I didn’t notice? Or further, it was nothing at all. Seemed to be an Easter egg to me, though.

I saw the item in question and it was unfortunately not anything cool or interesting at all. It was a Rocket Mortgage billboard. Thank you product placement

In other opening scene spoilers Pretty drat sure the camera pans briefly over the dead body of Valkyrie. I'm not 100% on this, but I distinctly recall seeing a black woman in silver armor with what looks like a shaved sides hairstyle. Sorry Valkyrie fans, I know there were a few from opening night that were holding out on the "If it didn't happen on camera, it didn't happen" train, but it seems that she's pretty dead. Even if Thanos only killed half of the people on the ship and let the other half go, I doubt she would simply go without a fight. That would seem out of character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's no way they did that, the character is way too popular. Also it was such a major character in their own movie that they wouldn't do it in a blink and you'll miss it way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah you are definitely mistaken on that death.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Someone would be tasked with accompanying the surviving Asgardians to somewhere they can seek refuge. They have to send a fighter. She's the perfect candidate. The real question is what the heck happened to Sif?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Back from seeing IW for the second time in IMAX (2D).
My opinion was slightly raised. The presentation certainly helped cause the audio was uncomfortably low in my regular multiplex first viewing. Comedy scenes especially came across far more natural when I wasn't straining to hear them.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SonicRulez posted:

Someone would be tasked with accompanying the surviving Asgardians to somewhere they can seek refuge. They have to send a fighter. She's the perfect candidate. The real question is what the heck happened to Sif?

Sif made the mistake of appearing on a Marvel TV show and was never allowed to return to the films. Only Fury has proven powerful enough to come back from a tv appearance.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Spacebump posted:

Sif made the mistake of appearing on a Marvel TV show and was never allowed to return to the films. Only Fury has proven powerful enough to come back from a tv appearance.

Hill has that power, too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This is a few days old, but I just came across this messy as hell game of fake Family Feud the cast did (with the Russo's hosting) for Facebook.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1DAEZNyJ8E

All I see are waters, but everyone seems a little drunk.
edit: Or they're delirious from doing junkets all week.

There's a nice Facebook dig from Ruffalo at the end.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 29, 2018

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I feel bad saying this since the MCU desperately needs more women-led movies beyond just Captain Marvel, but I can’t imagine being interested in a Scarlet Witch film. I don’t know if it’s her portrayal or something about the three movies she’s been in not selling me on the character. I’d much rather have a Black Widow film or something that introduces another character like Ms. Marvel.

Marvel did hire a writer for a prospective Black Widow movie, but nothing further has been announced.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

They probably have something bonkers coming, like how we were all WTFing over the GotG announcement.

NEXTWAVE

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

fractalairduct posted:

If you ask me, they need to start setting up the next wave of heroes.

avengers 4 spec: Eitri is totally going to forge Iron Man a new suit. and then thor will use him as his new hammer

Gimme the full Fear Itself thing where he sacrifices his sobriety to make crazy Asgardian weapons for everyone. Yes, I know Fear Itself sucked, but that part ruled.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Thor+Hulk forever please. That was a great teamup.

Codependent Poster posted:

Well, Thor does tell the Morons that not just anyone can wield the weapons made since it would drive them mad and tear them apart. So I still think it'll be a big deal when Cap picks it up.

That’s less about being Worthy, and more that they’re just some real crazy stuff. I dunno, Cap picking up Stormbreaker just doesn’t have the weight that picking up Mjolnir would have.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It would be pretty funny if Avengers 4 opened up with Tony biting it super early. Just completely gently caress with everyone thinking he was safe because he survived IW.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Infinity War made $82 million on Saturday alone, breaking Jurassic World's $69 million Saturday record. It's now on track to make $248-250 million for the weekend which would put it slightly over Star Wars The Force Awakens as the biggest opening of all time.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

X-O posted:

Infinity War made $82 million on Saturday alone, breaking Jurassic World's $69 million Saturday record. It's now on track to make $248-250 million for the weekend which would put it slightly over Star Wars The Force Awakens as the biggest opening of all time.

Justice League made $229,024,295 in its entire domestic run.

Ouch.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

:woop: Got late for the party, but I was finally able to watch the movie last night. Awesome. I was the only doofus who nearly squealed when Red Skull showed up. Also, reading the other replies on this thread, people actually nearly clapped when Cap showed up too. I mean, nearly, because it seems they didn't want to mess up the screening for others. Thor and GoG scenes had everyone laughing. And even if a Saturday, in a theater that isn't that big, the place was packed. Like, PACKED. :psyduck: I hadn't seen a line to get in during a not-a-premier screening in ages. SSSSsooooo, movie was great, Thanos was so loving excellent and everyone was in complete silence once the credits hit in. Guess we were trying to swallow the idea that a lot of favorites were "gone". :v:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I was expecting a 700-800 million dollar opening weekend.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey so I know I'm pretty late on this one, but I saw Thor Ragnarok last night. It was a really fun and enjoyable movie, but I really, really don't understand why people were hoping the comic book version of Valkyrie would become more like the movie version. To me that's like hoping comic book Cap becomes more like Avengers Assemble Cap. She's a fine character in the context of the story being told, but she has so little going on, even for a c-lister like Valkyrie.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

X-O posted:

I’m excited for the possibility Avatar might get knocked down another peg in the box office rankings.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

teagone posted:

I was expecting a 700-800 million dollar opening weekend.

$630m worldwide, apparently.

So it's the second-highest grossing movie of the year after three days.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m excited for the possibility Avatar might get knocked down another peg in the box office rankings.

It won't.

Wheat Loaf posted:

$630m worldwide, apparently.

So it's the second-highest grossing movie of the year after three days.

And that's even without China.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

CityMidnightJunky posted:

How did Thanos know who Tony was? That was a really weird moment that seemed like it had to be there for a reason.

I was thinking it's a soul stone power.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tony had a prophecy of the Avengers defeated after coming into contact with the Mind Stone in Age of Ultron.

Thanos also once had the Mind Stone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Hey so I know I'm pretty late on this one, but I saw Thor Ragnarok last night. It was a really fun and enjoyable movie, but I really, really don't understand why people were hoping the comic book version of Valkyrie would become more like the movie version. To me that's like hoping comic book Cap becomes more like Avengers Assemble Cap. She's a fine character in the context of the story being told, but she has so little going on, even for a c-lister like Valkyrie.

Well you see, Valkyrie has this daughter she gave up for adoption 25 years ago...

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

quote:

Okay, so it’s below the 29% jump for Black Panther, but you can’t have everything

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I wonder if I'm reaching here, but is Peter Dinklage yelling "HOLD THE DOOR! HOLD THE DOOR!" during the forge scene a Game of Thrones easter egg?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

IIRC they're introducing a new character that is her under the "Scrapper" name.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Saw it on Friday and really enjoyed it. Got me engaged enough to want to see the next one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I wonder if I'm reaching here, but is Peter Dinklage yelling "HOLD THE DOOR! HOLD THE DOOR!" during the forge scene a Game of Thrones easter egg?

No.

Also that's stupid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The movie has loving Tobias Funke in it, I don’t think we can dismiss references that easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

The movie has loving Tobias Funke in it, I don’t think we can dismiss references that easily.

Oh I know. It's still stupid though.

• Locked thread