Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
When is minigob going to get a ssr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Endorph posted:

no lucifer is a character in granblue. hes just also in rage of bahamut.

ah ok

current status: complete infatuation with sandalphon. im gay, send help

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I downloaded granblue at the same time I redownloaded hachinai, but I can't handle two gacha games in my life and no one in granblue plays baseball so the choice was clear

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just got cafe latte aoi, as soon as I upgrade her to ssr she's gonna be my new team captain

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

homeless snail posted:

I downloaded granblue at the same time I redownloaded hachinai, but I can't handle two gacha games in my life and no one in granblue plays baseball so the choice was clear

azurlane bogue pitches planes

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

homeless snail posted:

so you play granblue then

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

fa-GYO posted:

When is minigob going to get a ssr.

I need Chloe to get an SSR so I can die inside even more

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Quelle game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

ah ok

current status: complete infatuation with sandalphon. im gay, send help

wait till you see belial

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DisDisDis posted:

Quelle game

mobile suit gundam journey to jaburo

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
weirdly intrigued by this but im also pretty sure this is just a sweatshirt https://www.forever21.com/us/shop/Catalog/Product/f21/promo-up-to-50-select/2000264216

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lmao that is just a sweatshirt with some extra poo poo on it

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I figure this is the right place to ask: I've been watching the new season of Yamato 2202, and well: am I alone in finding it really lackluster compared to 2199? I am utterly uninterested in the stakes somehow, I feel the story is super disjointed or presented as such and events seems to happen in their own bubbles without affecting the rest of the plot (the red bacteria "invasion" comes to mind). Where as I felt like in 2199 there was a clear sense of a methodical journey through space and careful trajectory plotting, this one feels like they're leaving earth one moment and the next they're ramming through the enemy base.

It's still very good production value and I kinda like to reconnect with Yamato's crew, but other than that it seems to me to really be lacking in comparison to 2199, which quickly put itself in my *-top 10 anime list-* :japan: I noticed it's by a different director, which maybe could explain? who knows. I really don't know the original serie too and how close they're following it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i havent seen half as much discussion of 2202 as i saw of 2199. im not watching it myself but i definitely got the impression people werent as into it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Ge9D9W60s

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
want 2 cop because this is a really creepy floral pattern but alas, poly lining https://www.forever21.com/us/shop/Catalog/Product/f21/promo-up-to-50-select/2000212997

also who am i kidding with those sleeves

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I'm insanely early on (Shirou just got smacked by berserker) but one thing I really like about the F/SN VN more than any of the animes is that it really drives home the fact that servants are a million times stronger than humans and that you really should not fight them, under any circumstances. Puts all the times when Shirou goes off and fights the servants into perspective.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Quelle game

Trails of Cold Steel 2, for the actual answer.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I'm insanely early on (Shirou just got smacked by berserker) but one thing I really like about the F/SN VN more than any of the animes is that it really drives home the fact that servants are a million times stronger than humans and that you really should not fight them, under any circumstances. Puts all the times when Shirou goes off and fights the servants into perspective.

This is kind of undermined by half the cast being like kung-fu wizards or some such.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Endorph posted:

i havent seen half as much discussion of 2202 as i saw of 2199. im not watching it myself but i definitely got the impression people werent as into it.

I've just been waiting for it all to be out and translated.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doing my homework while traveling it's insane just how plain better Mexico's Internet Services are compared to most first-world countries, even in "the sticks".

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also lol at my aunt calling Yumeko "Creepy-rear end Polly Pocket". :mmmhmm:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dzhay posted:

This is kind of undermined by half the cast being like kung-fu wizards or some such.
I wouldn't say it's really undermined, every time a non-servant character manages to do anything at all to a Servant its a big deal and is explained pretty clearly the very specific reasons why they're capable of doing that. Servants are still incredibly powerful and outclass even well-trained maguses just inherently.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
should i purchase arma 3 apex edition?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

armas fun with friends so it depends how many people are playing with you

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
probably none but i think beaglerush is streaming arma dming and im in his discord so idk, idk

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/27836880900853760

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW3bsU_9rwY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tim Follin was a genius

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also he made Contradiction which owns

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Spent alot of time on this game!! So many rentals!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Space Flower posted:

azurlane bogue pitches planes
hmm

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Also he made Contradiction which owns

It owns except for the ending which isn't very good imo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Aurora posted:

HEY Y'ALL PRECURE STREAM IS BACK and tonight we're solely catching up on Hugtto!! 7PM CST! https://cytu.be/r/synchrogazer

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

dogsicle posted:

i still believe it will get somewhere good, but so far it's kinda spinning its wheels and unsuccessfully balancing a darker tone alongside the comedy of the original manga. plus it has taken 3 eps to even begin moving the story in A Direction ever so slightly.

basically uh, wait until it's over for takes

Hrmmm. I have positive memories of Re:, is it anything like that? The “darker tone” part makes me think it might not be, but Cutie Honey always kinda straddled that line anyway.

DisDisDis posted:

probably none but i think beaglerush is streaming arma dming and im in his discord so idk, idk

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/27836880900853760

What ye gently caress

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Hrmmm. I have positive memories of Re:, is it anything like that? The “darker tone” part makes me think it might not be, but Cutie Honey always kinda straddled that line anyway.

I watched Re: pretty recently, and I felt like the new show had basically none of what I liked about it tbh. It's taking itself way more seriously, getting way more bogged down in lore (lore! In Cutie Honey!), giddy school-girl Natsuki is way less interesting to me than Gun Nut Cop Natsuki, and Honey herself feels really boring as a protagonist compared to Re:'s take on Natsuki. The action felt pretty lifeless and devoid of stakes to me too. I dropped the new show after 3 eps because I was just bored.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That loving sucks. Re: Natsuki is best Natsuki.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

yay a new janelle monae album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I was just listening to Archandroid in the car earlier :dance:

• Locked thread