Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

Got my 3000th win in PvP. Feels good man.

About 20 of those losses were just black screens, network issues and other such bungie fuckery.

...and you're the one saying skill-based matchmaking shouldn't exist, because you might get laggy opponents, or have to wait a minute or two between matches. Oh the humanity. :allears:

CheeseFactory posted:

If i ever get tempted to play solo i just play a game that is a fun experience as a solo player.

lmao how dare people ever play solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Fly Molo posted:

...and you're the one saying skill-based matchmaking shouldn't exist, because you might get laggy opponents, or have to wait a minute or two between matches. Oh the humanity. :allears:

dont all your complaints just boil down to being bad at the game and wanting to find something to blame for it

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angry Walrus posted:

dont all your complaints just boil down to being bad at the game and wanting to find something to blame for it

Nah, I just enjoy trolling CheeseFactory in particular, since he's such a ~*~MLG PRO NO NIGHTSTALKERS THEY RUIN MY K/D, FINAL DESTINATION ONLY NO ITEMS~*~ type player.

It's loving destiny, it's made for loving around, having fun, then doing the sweeping emote over your opponent's corpse.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
even if that dude was literally the worst d2 player on the planet, he's not wrong

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

even if that dude was literally the worst d2 player on the planet, he's not wrong

Plus, how can you troll someone over ~laggy opponents~?

Even a little lag is the quickest way to suck any and all fun out of a shooter. I'll gladly take matchmaking that favors connections over skills matching, even if I get matched against some headshot savant now and then.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Fly Molo posted:

:qq:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
a 4-stack in an isolated corner of the world that has like a 98 percent win rate isn't 'headshot savants', they're a statistical anomaly that's literally not worth considering in your design goals.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

Nah, I just enjoy trolling CheeseFactory in particular, since he's such a ~*~MLG PRO NO NIGHTSTALKERS THEY RUIN MY K/D, FINAL DESTINATION ONLY NO ITEMS~*~ type player.

Clearly nightstalkers have not ruined my KD.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Fly Molo posted:

It's loving destiny, it's made for loving around, having fun, then doing the sweeping emote over your opponent's corpse.

people teleporting around and being immune to damage isnt exactly my definition of having fun but sure

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angry Walrus posted:

people teleporting around and being immune to damage isnt exactly my definition of having fun but sure

people like you are why they nerfed blink

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
like do 1200 elo shitlords really think matchmaking even affects them? it doesn't matter if it matches you based on connection, skill, or number of consonants in your name. you'll get matches close to your skill with good connections. it's not until the pool gets sufficiently shallowed that the 'skill vs connection' scale actually becomes a dichotomy.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Fly Molo posted:

people like you are why they nerfed blink

i was talking about red bar superstars but sure

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I wish we had like

Instanced clan halls to chill in w/ our bros or something

That'd be rad

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the game you want is called warframe

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I don't think I have the raw game-hours/week in me for Warframe. It's really cool from what I hear though.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
its pretty good for dicking around in and ive sunk plenty of time into it, but the pvp is about as good as any third person shooter pvp is, that is to say, bad

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

like do 1200 elo shitlords really think matchmaking even affects them? it doesn't matter if it matches you based on connection, skill, or number of consonants in your name. you'll get matches close to your skill with good connections. it's not until the pool gets sufficiently shallowed that the 'skill vs connection' scale actually becomes a dichotomy.

yeah, in general the whole "gently caress skill-based matchmaking, they know what they're signing up for :colbert:" attitude blows my mind. that's, uh, exactly why people get turned off and just stop playing.

Angry Walrus posted:

:thejoke:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Angry Walrus posted:

please use my name if you are going to make reference to me in public

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Legs Benedict posted:

please use my name if you are going to make reference to me in public

i wouldve just said red bar if i was talking about you

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Angry Walrus posted:

i wouldve just said red bar if i was talking about you

hrmmmmm i definitely feed myself up for this one. yikes

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Legs Benedict posted:

hrmmmmm i definitely feed myself up for this one. yikes

this is what happens when you dont share the bounty you found in the wendy's dumpster

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just for fun, a retrospective:

CheeseFactory posted:

If i ever get tempted to play solo i just play a game that is a fun experience as a solo player.

Like God of War (so good)

Or

Punching Myself In The Dick (not great but still better than solo PvP)

CheeseFactory posted:

There just isnt that many 4 man teams and a lot more solo/duo players.

CheeseFactory posted:

Just played 15 or so games of trials.

Played the same 3 teams for 14 of them.

:stare:

CheeseFactory posted:

But yeah QP is more fun when thw other team actually stays

CheeseFactory posted:

Winning is fun

:thunk:

And for old time's sake:

CheeseFactory posted:

Nightstalkers are just better right now.

CheeseFactory posted:

Night stalkers really need to gently caress off. poo poo is cancer

CheeseFactory posted:

You can kill invis guys pretty wasy now, as long as you can spot them.

Being invis no longer shrinks your hitbox to the size of a shrivelled dick

CheeseFactory posted:

Clearly nightstalkers have not ruined my KD.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

So Bungie is planning to officially release Music of the Spheres, Marty O'Donnell's musical companion to Destiny (excerpts from it are used as part of the D1 soundtrack). It is excellent and you should get your hands on it when it becomes available.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Almost all trials matches were against 4 nightstalkers. You can't tell me that was good balance or fun?

But as you can see, didn't stop me from winning :smug:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

You have already explained it, but I just think it’s funny that you have it out for a Koala that plays videogames

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

That's a dangerous Australian drop bear and an even more dangerous gaming peripheral

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

I will play with you CheeseFactory. I will be your redbar superstar sidekick.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

limaCAT posted:

I will play with you CheeseFactory. I will be your redbar superstar sidekick.

Everyone needs a friend with super powers

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
So I just checked my Elo thing. I have a 1,411 Elo in Control & 1,248 in Iron Banner. I don't know what that poo poo is, but I only solo-queue.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

So I just checked my Elo thing. I have a 1,411 Elo in Control & 1,248 in Iron Banner. I don't know what that poo poo is, but I only solo-queue.

It's poo poo mate

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

And none of it matters at all lol I mean, at least I'll get the toys and prizes for resetting Valor a sexy 69 times? *faaaaaaart*

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

el B posted:

Aaaaand BlindSite congratulations in 3.....2.....1.....

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Fly Molo posted:

I would rather get my rear end kicked because my opponent has more skill than because they have a terrible connection. It can suck getting stomped but at least it's an opportunity to learn and improve, whereas SBMM putting you up against laggy players teleporting around the map is just frustrating. Connection quality should be the only factor that determines how players are matched. A return to 3's & 6's would be nice as well but hey.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CheeseFactory posted:

That's a dangerous Australian drop bear and an even more dangerous gaming peripheral

loving drop bears are lethally poisonous, this is no joking matter. Every year thousands of people die to drop bears strikes, and with their habitat frequently overlappig ours nowadays, it’s only a matter of time before livestock predation becomes a huge problem as cows are consumed whole

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hiddenriverninja posted:

So Bungie is planning to officially release Music of the Spheres, Marty O'Donnell's musical companion to Destiny (excerpts from it are used as part of the D1 soundtrack). It is excellent and you should get your hands on it when it becomes available.

lol well yeah I guess might as well try to make a couple bucks off of it now that it's been freely available for several months

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory thread summary

1) THIS GAME IS poo poo, gently caress THIS GAME
2) *continues to play constantly regardless of how supposedly dissatisified with the game he is*
3) *posts MLG stats*
4) *gets sucked off by a fireteam member*
1) THIS GAME IS poo poo, gently caress THIS GAME

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

way worse than any of the weird bone krew fighting or dumb hotel chat is the freakout some posters have whenever the australians post

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

way worse than any of the weird bone krew fighting or dumb hotel chat is the freakout some posters have whenever the australians post

It's because the posts alternate between endless bitching and then posting about how they are still owning everyone in the game

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Cross-posting from Coupons

Daniel Bryan posted:

Destiny 2 is $7.99 at Best Buy with GCU today only, $10 without GCU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

Hey man why don't you Walk Like An Egyptian right off a fuckin cliff!