Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It came from the r/relationships thread:

Experienced something completely awful you say? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PainterofCrap posted:

Good luck on any exit.

SelenicMartian posted:

There are no exits from Australia.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lowtax posted:

I was just thinking of how - I don't know what the word for it is - "different" - it is that people here have been around since like the early 2000s and remember poo poo from back then. The forums have an enormous page consumption rate, on average 32 pages per user session(!). This community is so loyal that I honestly cannot compare it to anywhere else. Having users that stick around for so long is amazing, although I hate you motherfuckers who registered an account when it was free and haven't bought anything, I swear to god I will hunt you down and throw a vase at you with enormous velocity. Like even the dudes saying the poo poo like "mail order bride," "thousand dollar chair," "mangosteen," and "Uwe Boll beat you up" stuff, that's like memories from a decade and a half ago or even almost two decades now. The internet is totally weird in how its changed communication and how people have responded to it. The "communities" on sites like reddit or 4chan or whatever have users that just blow away like tumbleweeds, but you guys stick around and help make the community so loving special and unlike any other site out there. I know this rambling might sound insane, but it's just so - "different" - to have you guys so close to my life and knowing / remembering stuff from here for so long ago.

What I'm saying is I'm appreciative as gently caress for you all, and I'm glad I stuck with owning the site and forums, because you all are like no other community out there. Thank you for loving pupkin.

Osric posted:

Weird he didn't include the time he gave your donations to a paedophile amongst these cherished memories.

Lowtax posted:

Oh gently caress off, I didn't give you a dime.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Beastie posted:

Hey how ya doin’ there, chief? Gonna squeeze right past ya wooooooop

100% of midwestern interactions.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

glad she is dead posted:

Amber Rudd's resignation letter not having justified formatting seems like her trying to piss off senior civil servants one last time. They fuckin HATE left aligned documents.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

governments tend to hate anything left-aligned

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

loving :lol: the old man’s still got it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
In some aspects, Mycroft Holmes is the British Government, so it makes sense that he'd know.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
From the Schadenfreude thread. Nice to see a good Your Mom burn from someone other than Trig Discipline.

SubponticatePoster posted:

It's customary to refer to someone by the highest position they've held. Bill Clinton was a governor, but is referred to as President Clinton. Hillary's proper term of address is Madame Secretary (Sec of State), though she was a First Lady and a Senator.

TotalLossBrain posted:

This is true and also why I am often referred to as "The Fuckmaster"

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It's also not hereditary. It's the highest office *you* held, you can't inherit your mom's title.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I didn't realise Osric was a mod.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

This is like all those videos of some young kid trying to fight an old dude and off-camera you hear 'Don't do it, champ'

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Keru posted:

This is like all those videos of some young kid trying to fight an old dude and off-camera you hear 'Don't do it, champ'

I love that video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHm31XliRgY

"Don't go walking down there..."
"Champ! Don't do it champ!"

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 13:26 on Apr 30, 2018

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

How many people actually remember that stuff vs people being told stories about unka rich and just repeating it though

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Why are people always trying to come at Lowtax? I don't get it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

He's a pretty easy target, no backbone

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Prison mentality. Take on the guy in charge, you're in charge. This is not prison, so that doesn't ever pay off.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Choco1980 posted:

Prison mentality. Take on the guy in charge, you're in charge. This is not prison, so that doesn't ever pay off.

Even if it was, the dude invented fyad and fought uwe boll, I wouldn't presume to fight him anywhere.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

purple death ray posted:

How many people actually remember that stuff vs people being told stories about unka rich and just repeating it though

:sigh: I remember all of those things.....

Man, I really have wasted a lot of my life on these forums.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

:sigh: I remember all of those things.....

Man, I really have wasted a lot of my life on these forums.

:hfive: same af

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
context: nightbae smokewheat aka Epic Deer Guy is an insanely twister poster, even by fyad standards (yikes)

Jack Daniels posted:

lol just thinking about how Epic Deer Guy would defintely wanna stick that thing in his rear end.... then the thing could explode and spaghetti nnd sauce and noodles and poo poo are alol up in his anus/rectum etc haha and then he would do something epic like squat over goatman style or tubegirl and then squirt suacy spahgetti noodles out of his freaking rear end in a top hat shooting them everywhere lmfao

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Even if it was, the dude invented fyad and fought uwe boll, I wouldn't presume to fight him anywhere.

I would fight him in a ring that also contained an enraged Uwe Boll, I think.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Choco1980 posted:

And even if it did they would desperately try to vacate their new position of power because lol if you think anyone other than Lowtax would be so determined to keep these forums going

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Blue Train posted:

It makes perfect sense because the proponents always talked about how it made them tingle and poo poo, which I assume is autistic talk for horny

Jerry Cotton posted:

If it makes them tingle and poo poo it's brown noise.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Captain Yossarian posted:

Is that loving garbage dipshit done posting about Japan yet? I don't want to skip anymore pages

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

yeah now it's a loving garbage dipshit posting about the english royal family

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

at least they're staying in their lane this time around

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pirate Radar posted:

if Julius Caesar fell through a time-hole to present-day New York, how long would it take him to hail a cab?

rudatron posted:

I came, I saw, I was walking here

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

(I didn’t get this at the time, and still don’t)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

does osric have blue-star form or did lowtax just smear some random dude as a paedophile

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Subjunctive posted:

I would fight him in a ring that also contained an enraged Uwe Boll, I think.

Uwe Boll has stated that he doesn't dare fight a cyborg, so no rematch.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

In some aspects, Mycroft Holmes is the British Government, so it makes sense that he'd know.

i'm relatively certain i would do a better job running the uk than theresa may

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mycroft Holmes posted:

i'm relatively certain i would do a better job running the uk than theresa may

Uh oh, people are showing up angry because of The Grenfell tower fire, a disaster and tragic waste of human life made possible by the deregulations your party championed.

Do you:

A. Faithfully engage the public and push for reforms despite it going against your party’s philosophy

B. Engage with the public and present a sympathetic ear and appropriate rhetoric with no intention of meaningful reform but knowing that the outrage will ultimately pass

C. Literally flee the building

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

Uwe Boll has stated that he doesn't dare fight a cyborg, so no rematch.
Much like in an anime, the defeat of Lowtax at the hands of Uwe Boll has also turned their animosity into grudging respect, perhaps even friendship.

https://twitter.com/uwebollraw/status/979524449736130561
https://twitter.com/UweBollRaw/status/979954262015803392

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

does osric have blue-star form or did lowtax just smear some random dude as a paedophile

0/10. Try harder next time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the gently caress are you talking about? i'm genuinely asking

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Much like in an anime, the defeat of Lowtax at the hands of Uwe Boll has also turned their animosity into grudging respect, perhaps even friendship.

what a weird planet we're on

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

the gently caress are you talking about? i'm genuinely asking

E oh no I see. Your mad that the pedo accuser rule doesn’t apply to the sites owner? I think it’s bc it was funny and not serious in any manner? But I guess I’ve seen others get rapped doing that. Idk ask in the mod feedback thread?

Burt Sexual has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Apr 30, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You know, I’ve grown to respect Uwe Boll in a way.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
We've come full circle with Boll now, I'm oddly okay with this

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

fruit on the bottom posted:

You know, I’ve grown to respect Uwe Boll in a way.

He's become a lovable old grump. I appreciate how serious he is about getting into the rink with the pink man Alex Jones.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's a joke you dunce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ariong posted:

He's become a lovable old grump. I appreciate how serious he is about getting into the rink with the pink man Alex Jones.

After a few hits, Alex Jones swells up and turns bright red like a video game boss. However, you can get some free hits in during his dramatic speech about burning false flags with the fires of human pride.