Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
that's just white zac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

ferroque posted:

There should be a champ that uses cum as a resource

Theres some white mana champs already, including the invunlerable samurai.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

I've been playing ranked lately and wow the games really do feel very one sided. This is usually the feeling I get around gold mmr where people have some mechanical skill but the concept of an objective based game is still harder for people to grasp.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

strong bird posted:

Theres some white mana champs already, including the invunlerable samurai.

I'm not convinced that is authentic cum

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75OCO6yngOQ

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Servaetes posted:

See that's astonishing. SC ranked was always infinitely more stressful than League because when you screwed up it was always your fault an no one else

This, and the fact that there basically aren’t any peaks and valleys to the gameplay. You either are always 420 APM blazing it :420: or you are falling behind your opponent by 20~30 seconds in the macro game over the course of a 10 minute match, which is a large enough army difference to lose you the game. It is mentally and physically exhausting to do that.

At least with League you can bounce back and forth between low-APM precision/strategy gameplay and high-APM adrenaline fights.

Also scouting. gently caress scouting.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/990999971699744769

first shen skin in like 6 years

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That Riven skin is gonna pay the bills for another 7 years of League development.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Futuristic Fedora and M'lady Mustache TF

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
*janna having a conversation with nami in botlane* I just can't stand how men-

*tf ults into lane* not all men

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

There's also talk about the work they're going to be doing on Marksmen over the next couple patches. You've heard the song and dance before - lane sustain is too powerful, crit item scaling is too oppressive, marksmen are generally too powerful and lane bullies aren't as prevalent if your name isn't Caitlyn.

We're getting Infinity Edge and Zeal item nerfs, Infinity Edge is apparently getting ~true damage~ now, Last Whisper is getting reverted to total vs bonus armor pen, which means Giant Slayer is being remove, Essence Reaver is being worked to be something more standalone, and there's gonna be a new big-ticket BF Sword item in the works.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Sounds like Lucian/Kalista buffs to me

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Firebert posted:

Ashe buffs too depending on how IE's True Damage Crit works with Frost Shot.

I'd be down for those. Lucian was my favorite back before he got shitstomped into oblivion.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

kingcobweb posted:

*janna having a conversation with nami in botlane* I just can't stand how men-

*tf ults into lane* not all men
using Destiny so he can constantly be surveilling all the gaming women on the map. Constantly invisibly cycling between how he wants to either damage them and build back some of his own mana, slow their careers and everyone around them, or just put their lives on hold. Metaphor apt. Looking forward to setting a cupcake at his teleport point and crushing him..

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Monathin posted:

Last Whisper is getting reverted to total vs bonus armor pen, which means Giant Slayer is being remove,

Sounds like they're keeping the Mortal Reminder upgrade path, which is good because now ADCs might actually build grievous wounds when there's a Vlad or Swain in the game. This is also bad, because I play Vlad and Swain.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Those new Pulsefire skins, especially Twisted Fate look awesome and simultaneously make Pulesfire Ezreal look even worse

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't really understand what the pulsefire skins take their inspiration from but those looks pretty cool.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Crazy Larry posted:

Sounds like they're keeping the Mortal Reminder upgrade path, which is good because now ADCs might actually build grievous wounds when there's a Vlad or Swain in the game. This is also bad, because I play Vlad and Swain.

That would require people to actually think about builds and not just build what [insert build site of choice here] says.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

Futuristic Fedora and M'lady Mustache TF

That's not a Fedora, it's a Bowler.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Sexpansion posted:

I don't really understand what the pulsefire skins take their inspiration from but those looks pretty cool.

Didn’t the whole thing originally spring out of a community demand for a “Mega Man Ezreal” skin of some kind shortly after his release? It might have also been Riot’s first “expensive” skin way back in the day, although my memory is fuzzy.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I never put it together that it's Mega Man

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It’s megaman with generic paint on it

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
For it’s time it had more stuff than anyone. Models, custom effects, voice lines, and animations. It’s a shame the skin was literally inferior for about 4 seasons

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pictured: everyone else in your lobby leaving out of embarrassment you to your heart touching family reunion

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

pictured: everyone else in your lobby leaving out of embarrassment you to your heart touching family reunion

it was an intimate moment, okay?!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monathin posted:

There's also talk about the work they're going to be doing on Marksmen over the next couple patches. You've heard the song and dance before - lane sustain is too powerful, crit item scaling is too oppressive, marksmen are generally too powerful and lane bullies aren't as prevalent if your name isn't Caitlyn.

We're getting Infinity Edge and Zeal item nerfs, Infinity Edge is apparently getting ~true damage~ now, Last Whisper is getting reverted to total vs bonus armor pen, which means Giant Slayer is being remove, Essence Reaver is being worked to be something more standalone, and there's gonna be a new big-ticket BF Sword item in the works.

Think it's some good steps forwards. I'm never going to complain about ADCs losing lane sustain so that I can cyberbully them into irrelevance. Not getting instantly popped by Tristana come 3 items'll be nice, too.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Those IE changes are gonna be real interesting - IE + two AS items mean 80% true damage on your crit damage - so if you have say, 200 AD, you'll be hitting for 160 true damage plus whatever physical damage you can deal to enemy tanks, meaning they're gonna pop really hard to ADC autos.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

True damage on crits is going to make 3 item Sivir even scarier.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Reading that change description, I can't help but think:

miss fortune miss fortune miss fortune

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
so like, is yasuo just going to deal true damage moving forward or what? his ult already does huge pen

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
As I read it, the true damage on crits is instead of the bonus crit multiplier, so Yasuo probably gains less from the change than someone like Tryndamere, since he already ignores a lot of armor.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

today is a good day to play tryndamere

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
so are the mage mana changes going to change mid lane at all? I don't think so.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I think the only change is you maybe see Spellbinder a bit more often.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

Lol remember when these champions got nerfed because they didn't let anyone escape the lane and let hyper carries scale at all? That was Riot's excuse for massively nerfing them and their itemization. Well Riot don't really care about balancing the game rather keep it fresh.

Ya I also don't see straight up zeal i.e nerfs help Yasuo in anyway. I will probably keep playing him, someone will find a new build. Maybe time to go back to Zeal/mallet/bortk if Crit is heavily nerfed.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

Well Riot don't really care about balancing the game rather keep it fresh.

I mean, this is probably the sixth or seventh time in the last few years where we hit the "botlane sustain is too strong" point. Even the big post talks about it like the phases of the moon.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Buffs to Morgana, Brand, and Zyra will affect them more in botlane than in mid. (Who plays Zyra mid)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Also, the Tear change hurts Ezreal. Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

Buffs to Morgana, Brand, and Zyra will affect them more in botlane than in mid. (Who plays Zyra mid)

My teams midlaner