Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Just gonna start calling the alt-right or anything that looks like it the Incel Rebellion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

business hammocks posted:

How much of this poo poo is just bog-standard depression? I don’t have the expertise to tell the difference.

Mental illness is no respecter of persons. It can happen to people who are already disgusting assholes as much as anyone else. When trying to separate the causes from the symptoms, it's worth asking "If this person got what they want, would they still be a piece of poo poo?" Sometimes one masks the other, sometimes it's synergistic. Incels have problems much deeper than depression.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
incels didn't invent half the poo poo they say/believe, the biggest reason they're repulsive is because they reflect the worst excesses we have today - masculinity founded on 'purifying' violence, women as achievements trophies, sexuality as a game, and a total absence of affection as the basis of a relationship.

they're just a sponge, that has absorbed the detritus around them, but they can't fit themselves in, so they melt down.

rudatron has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Apr 30, 2018

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol I hope Laura Loomer melts down and comes out of the incel closet

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I know a couple dudes who are celibate and don’t want to be but can’t get laid. they’re not incels. they’re just lonely sad dudes. incels represent a small fraction of these dudes, the fraction who take their frustration and anger and compress it, grind it, polish it, and brood on it for years in echo chambers. that’s what really scares me, the idea that there’s a larger pool of potential incels out there but conditions in society aren’t quite bad enough yet to radicalize them too.

important note: by conditions in society I don’t mean not getting laid. we all know what incels want isn’t to get laid, it’s to exert power and dominance over all the people who they feel humiliated them (women, Jews, etc). they want to be powerful and feared and in charge, not powerless and weak. late capitalism is tremendously alienating because it feeds them power/respect fantasies while stripping away any means of obtaining respect outside of brute domination. current incels represent the people with the most extreme reaction to this contradiction, but there are thousands of men with slightly less toxic and violent reactions that are hovering on the cusp of radicalization.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

rudatron posted:

incels didn't invent half the poo poo they say/believe, the biggest reason they're repulsive is because they reflect the worst excesses we have today - masculinity founded on 'purifying' violence, women as achievements trophies, sexuality as a game, and a total absence of affection as the basis of a relationship.

they're just a sponge, that has absorbed the detritus around them, but they can't fit themselves in, so they melt down.

A lot of the shock people seem to have at incels seems like it might come from people not realising that feminism hasn't really succeeded anywhere near as much as people think it has. It's changed the zeitgeist of polite society, to an extent, and forced begrudging legal concessions, but all the bad old ways are still there at the very basest levels of society. It's still taught as a correction to the default behaviour, and in that case there's always going to be cases where it doesn't stick. And nobody seems to have a coherent idea of what non-toxic masculinity looks like that appeals to men who can't live up to any established ideals of masculinity, toxic or otherwise.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of the shock people seem to have at incels seems like it might come from people not realising that feminism hasn't really succeeded anywhere near as much as people think it has. It's changed the zeitgeist of polite society, to an extent, and forced begrudging legal concessions, but all the bad old ways are still there at the very basest levels of society. It's still taught as a correction to the default behaviour, and in that case there's always going to be cases where it doesn't stick. And nobody seems to have a coherent idea of what non-toxic masculinity looks like that appeals to men who can't live up to any established ideals of masculinity, toxic or otherwise.

Hot take: "masculinity" is inherently toxic, which is why we don't have examples of it not being toxic. There are traits that are more traditionally masculine, and that is fine, but the concept of masculinity is a goal rather than a set of options.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I wonder if /r/incels was originally an elaborate 4chan prank or something. It seems like the whole movement is mostly there to make American retards violently radical now.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, behind all this is, all the mental issues and dumb poo poo morons, is an ideological frankenstein of sociopathy, paranoia and reaction. these guys are the tip of the iceberg, and that frankenstein extends well into the normie gestalt, including prototypical 'chad' dudes.

Eventually, it's all going to come to a head. difficult to say when or where, or what comes out the other end.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Hot take: "masculinity" is inherently toxic, which is why we don't have examples of it not being toxic. There are traits that are more traditionally masculine, and that is fine, but the concept of masculinity is a goal rather than a set of options.
if the choice you give young men is either a) be a good person & emasculated or b) be a douchebag, they're going to mash b until the end of time, because the fear of castration drives human behavior more than most other drives

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Waffle House posted:

I wonder if /r/incels was originally an elaborate 4chan prank or something. It seems like the whole movement is mostly there to make American retards violently radical now.

the people who would do that prank are incels

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

rudatron posted:

Yeah, behind all this is, all the mental issues and dumb poo poo morons, is an ideological frankenstein of sociopathy, paranoia and reaction. these guys are the tip of the iceberg, and that frankenstein extends well into the normie gestalt, including prototypical 'chad' dudes.

Eventually, it's all going to come to a head. difficult to say when or where, or what comes out the other end.

These things never really "come to a head" they just simmer beneath the surface until they manifest in a seemingly disconnected outburst, then everyone goes back to doing the same thing until the next incident happens.

It's apparent that a mountain is being made of a molehill here, because of the recency of incel-motivated terrorism. But taking a step back to look at the general situation, they're still a drop in the bucket of politically motivated violence. The downside of these problems never coming to a real crisis point is that they never get addressed, because the costs associated with them are too minor to really consider taking seriously. It's verboten to even consider addressing them, because having toxic viewpoints is supposed to be respected as a liberal freedom.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Ague Proof posted:

the people who would do that prank are incels

Really thunks the thinker don’t it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

These things never really "come to a head" they just simmer beneath the surface until they manifest in a seemingly disconnected outburst, then everyone goes back to doing the same thing until the next incident happens.

It's apparent that a mountain is being made of a molehill here, because of the recency of incel-motivated terrorism. But taking a step back to look at the general situation, they're still a drop in the bucket of politically motivated violence. The downside of these problems never coming to a real crisis point is that they never get addressed, because the costs associated with them are too minor to really consider taking seriously. It's verboten to even consider addressing them, because having toxic viewpoints is supposed to be respected as a liberal freedom.

I'm going to ban anime and draft every loser nerd in this country into the neo CCC op where they are going to be taught how to be social again.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's not the incels i'm that concerned about. they'll kill a bunch of people, and hopefully they'll get their comeuppance. but they can't change anything.

but history moves in fits and starts. things simmer under the surface, until the surface can't contain them any longer, and a crisis emerges. the forces that created incels is much more widespread than people realize, i think, and i fully expect some gender bullshit to act as psycho-sexual basis for a more open & blacker reaction than we have today - and that this will be the primary road-block to confronting the ever mounting crisis of capitalism that we're facing.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

White people can’t be terrorists. They are each mentally ill or dealing with difficult circumstances. (Irish aren’t white)

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Mental Illness"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

"Mental Illness"

It's not an excuse

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the forces that created incels already "came to a head" in the form of the election of trump, because they're all motivated by the same thing: anxiety over perceived loss of status. as the accumulation of wealth and power in the hands of the global .01% continues, the lower percentiles are "compressed." men of all colors, white people of all sexes, and other traditionally empowered groups are losing power both in absolute terms and, more importantly, relative to traditionally disempowered groups. they would be willing to tolerate a drop in their absolute quality of life as long as they were relatively better off than other groups, but as they lose that too, they grow more desperate and violent.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lawman 0 posted:

It's not an excuse

It's also something people have a hard time defining outside of adherence to current social norms, and current social norms are mentally ill as gently caress.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

rudatron posted:

it's not the incels i'm that concerned about. they'll kill a bunch of people, and hopefully they'll get their comeuppance. but they can't change anything.

but history moves in fits and starts. things simmer under the surface, until the surface can't contain them any longer, and a crisis emerges. the forces that created incels is much more widespread than people realize, i think, and i fully expect some gender bullshit to act as psycho-sexual basis for a more open & blacker reaction than we have today - and that this will be the primary road-block to confronting the ever mounting crisis of capitalism that we're facing.

The cyclical revolution of American politics already operates as a release valve for those reactionary tendencies. The Trump administration already represents a blacker reaction to what came before it. They don't need the Black 100s patrolling the streets when they've got ICE. The primary road-block to confronting the crisis of capitalism is the politics of respectability, and the deferment to institutional power as being legitimized by virtue of being official. People think the defining crisis of our time is that the dignity of the oval office is destroyed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Basically the point is, you could take every single incel and alt-righter and channer and whatever and banish them all to the Phantom Zone, and within a day there'd be a new crop arising to replace them, because the conditions mass-producing them are still hard at work and getting faster and more efficient.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Incels are not going to make a shift in the world, they are just sad nerds that are useful to see why people that have a quarter of their intensity might do what they do.

Also they are funny.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I know a couple dudes who are celibate and don’t want to be but can’t get laid. they’re not incels. they’re just lonely sad dudes. incels represent a small fraction of these dudes, the fraction who take their frustration and anger and compress it, grind it, polish it, and brood on it for years in echo chambers. that’s what really scares me, the idea that there’s a larger pool of potential incels out there but conditions in society aren’t quite bad enough yet to radicalize them too.

important note: by conditions in society I don’t mean not getting laid. we all know what incels want isn’t to get laid, it’s to exert power and dominance over all the people who they feel humiliated them (women, Jews, etc). they want to be powerful and feared and in charge, not powerless and weak. late capitalism is tremendously alienating because it feeds them power/respect fantasies while stripping away any means of obtaining respect outside of brute domination. current incels represent the people with the most extreme reaction to this contradiction, but there are thousands of men with slightly less toxic and violent reactions that are hovering on the cusp of radicalization.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of incels seem to be pretty young and have already resigned themselves to another 50 years of the same kind of life. I saw a Braincels poster ranting about how he's an ugly guy in a third world country and he's never had sex so he may as well kill himself now and be done with it. I looked at his other posts and he was only 22 years old, or 4 years older than I was when I lost my virginity. Same with Elliot Rodger.

They're kids without any sense of perspective, and they blame their lack of perspective on women.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Incels are not going to make a shift in the world, they are just sad nerds that are useful to see why people that have a quarter of their intensity might do what they do.

Also they are funny.

Again perfect targets for the environmental levee en masse :hai:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

it says a lot to how toxic and insane it is that reddit shut it down and forced them to move offsite

r/braincels still has the femoid poo poo and blatant wishes to kill women, reddit moderation is a fantasy, they just move to a new subreddit with a slighty different name and it takes reddit like 2 years to sort them out again, like r/greatapes which I assume must have been shut down by now.

when I went on braincels a week or so ago there was a screencap of a guy textnig a gal like "need to let off some steam after these exams, so im just gonna be forward, do you wanna have sex on saturday?" and she said "yeah sure" and it absolutely blew their minds.

they decided based on the woman's pic where she was asian that it was becasue she was a "curry whore" who wanted "white dick to annoy daddy" and all started going "yeah you know those curry whores, they love white dick"
the venn diagram between incels and racists is a perfect circle and its really loving damning that reddit is like "hmm, this is fine,"

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I just went to braincels for a minute and they're so salty about the IncelTears subreddit, lol

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of incels seem to be pretty young and have already resigned themselves to another 50 years of the same kind of life. I saw a Braincels poster ranting about how he's an ugly guy in a third world country and he's never had sex so he may as well kill himself now and be done with it. I looked at his other posts and he was only 22 years old, or 4 years older than I was when I lost my virginity. Same with Elliot Rodger.

They're kids without any sense of perspective, and they blame their lack of perspective on women.

Kids, sure, but that is a relative term. Someone who is 22 years old has been out of high school for five years and shouldn't be into this bullshit. I didn't get laid until I was 24 years old and I didn't go shooting up schools, because I knew it was because I was a gross goony gently caress.

They have super inflated images of themselves mixed with utter self loathing, it is the weirdest thing. I remember when /r/fatpeoplehate was a Big Thing on reddit and a bunch of regulars there started posting photos of themselves to show what the real master race is. It was like a parade of extremely angry skeletons.

Looking forward to browsing braincels tho. Reddit moderation is a joke, yes, it took Anderson loving Cooper calling them out for them to shut down the pedophile ones.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Zeroisanumber posted:

Is CSPAM good for our mental health?

I don't inhale

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Is CSPAM good for our mental health?

Probably not

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They have super inflated images of themselves mixed with utter self loathing, it is the weirdest thing. I remember when /r/fatpeoplehate was a Big Thing on reddit and a bunch of regulars there started posting photos of themselves to show what the real master race is. It was like a parade of extremely angry skeletons.
Fun fact: FiveThirtyEight did an analysis of the_donald's userbase and found that the #1 overlap was - kind of predictably! - with fatpeoplehate.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

dwarf74 posted:

Fun fact: FiveThirtyEight did an analysis of the_donald's userbase and found that the #1 overlap was - kind of predictably! - with fatpeoplehate.

they mocked an eastern european woman for being fat with no self-awareness

they assumed she was pro-amnesty because woman but stopped when they found out her views on immigrants were the same as Trump's

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

a testament to the skills of president fatass millionare's tailor

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

I am right shocked I am. Wonder if those dudes have bothered gaining some muscle to match Daddy's idea of the ubermensch

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Richard Spencer begs for $25,000 to pay his legal fees

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The cyclical revolution of American politics already operates as a release valve for those reactionary tendencies. The Trump administration already represents a blacker reaction to what came before it. They don't need the Black 100s patrolling the streets when they've got ICE. The primary road-block to confronting the crisis of capitalism is the politics of respectability, and the deferment to institutional power as being legitimized by virtue of being official. People think the defining crisis of our time is that the dignity of the oval office is destroyed.

To dig into this further, is there any data on inflation-adjusted recreational or hobby spending?

I don't just mean "discretionary spending" on things like eating at a restaurant or buying a new phone or tablet, but on things like a vacation or tools and materials to build something or a bike to join a mountain biking club, etc.

My theory is that stagnation/decline of real wages and an increase in spending on prepared food and devices to get through the workday, leads "middle" and working class people have way less funds or time available for true recreational activity, but I don't know if there is data on this directly.

To bring this around to incels, they're a subset of those who get stuck on this treadmill where nearly all of their income on maintaining their current status and instead of doing something about it, such as adjusting spending, pursuing education, other self improvement, etc., they just stew in their own resentment.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://youtu.be/4QTJwuddn4o

this video was posted an hour ago by vice about an antifa self-defense club and it already has a thousand thumbs-down from right-wing pissbabies crying about antifa

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 18:48 on Apr 30, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this video was posted an hour ago by vice about an antifa self-defense club and it already has a thousand thumbs-down from right-wing pissbabies crying about antifa

It's like a regular defense club with a dress code.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it's funny because if you say you need guns to kill cops if they do something you don't like, that's noble and patriotic

but if you say you need to train yourself to fight cops if they do something you don't like, that's seditious and evil

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i remember this from a year ago, seems like its only growing. this scares the poo poo out of nazis btw, i can only imagine how much more so now that theyve been driven off the streets over the past few months

also funny to see some nazis tell spencer to screw off, doesn’t he have millions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Mate of mine just said Jordan Peterson isn't a nazi when I told him. Am I getting names wrong, or didn't he encourage that mosque shooter? Tia thread