Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the wick giveth, and the wick taketh away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I'm not going to have enough time to play this season to get the John Wick but that's ok. All fear the pink bunny rabbit.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bedlam posted:

I'm not going to have enough time to play this season to get the John Wick but that's ok. All fear the pink bunny rabbit.

Honestly now since we're at the end of the season the John Wick skin is really not as daunting as it used to be. I definitely would be as wary with a pink bunny rabbit as a JW!

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

the real fear is black + red knights from S2

AAB fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 29, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Had a dude ragequit earlier... because he split off from the three of us and got himself killed :psyduck:

Like literally talking through his teeth in rage at us, haha

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Rest in pieces if ever you see the skin that looks like a lovely mspaint fill-bucket zombie recolour

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I actually kind of like that skin. especially how the neon pink stands out on the blue

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Played a billion hours and unlocked the John Wick's Car Glider with functioning turn signals and break lights. Totally worth it, right?

Right?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

You did it!

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

Played a billion hours and unlocked the John Wick's Car Glider with functioning turn signals and break lights. Totally worth it, right?

Right?

I didn't even know it did that before I got it so it turned out extremely worth it.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

They really need to show how things move and change when you use them, like gliders and pickaxes. I'd guess updating that animation wouldn't be hard to include in the preview, similar to dances.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GigaPeon posted:

Right?

I'm playing catch-up and just hit rank 100. Can't wait to try and grind this one out in the remaining short time before the season ends. :shepface:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm playing catch-up and just hit rank 100. Can't wait to try and grind this one out in the remaining short time before the season ends. :shepface:

You can get the axe kill on a downed guy, if you’re having trouble.

I actually got my first solo win playing like a wuss to guarantee getting a top ten finish.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Evil Fluffy posted:

You just need 5 of the 100 tier challenges for that dumb glider

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I think it's 4?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

el B posted:

I think it's 4?

I got mine on 5, just as every other challenge set reward.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
They were just so easy I realized I had the glider after all my challenges were done :haw:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Same, I just saw an exclamation mark on my locker and was like huh?

50v50 is fun as gently caress though, drat I wish I didn't get into it so late.

The crazy building at the end is awesome to look at.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I bought the dumb knight halberd pickax a while back and now don’t have enough free vbux to get season 4 free :bang:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I gifted my cousin a truckload of vbucks, and he bought some crappy skin and I don't know what else. None of the good stuff.
At least he will look unique from the now on.

Also failed the mark to buy a cool skin for myself. I don't play BR often, but I still did not wanted to play has a noskin.

You would have trough that founders get one free skin. But no.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Tei posted:

You would have trough that founders get one free skin. But no.

supposedly that's coming at some point but there is no date on it

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

finally won a round but the replays on PS4 are corrupt?? :arghfist:

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Budget Dracula posted:

finally won a round but the replays on PS4 are corrupt?? :arghfist:

Anytime they have even a minor update, it corrupts all replays. They’re hoping to fix so it only corrupts every two weeks during larger updates.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

santanotreal posted:

Anytime they have even a minor update, it corrupts all replays. They’re hoping to fix so it only corrupts every two weeks during larger updates.

This honestly drives me crazy. I thought initially that the rename-and-save would make it future-proof but apparently not. If you ever want to make a highlight, gif or video of a replay better do it immediately because in two days it'll be unusable.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

santanotreal posted:

Wait, really? Nooooooo. I was hoping to sync up this dude's audio with our replay so I could share the absolute hilarity of this dude ragequitting on me :psyduck:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

if is like other mod replays in other games, is because it works by recording the network communication, and the id's may change from a update to the next

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Tei posted:

if is like other mod replays in other games, is because it works by recording the network communication, and the id's may change from a update to the next

that is exactly the way it works. so if they shelve a weapon, it wont show correctly or if they add a crater, people will be randomly walking over mid air

oh, and S4 starts tomorrow :neckbeard:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/990957809088061441

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Cluncho McChunk posted:

This honestly drives me crazy. I thought initially that the rename-and-save would make it future-proof but apparently not. If you ever want to make a highlight, gif or video of a replay better do it immediately because in two days it'll be unusable.

so i can't save the replays but i can still watch them in the viewer? are you saying when a new patch drops i wont even able to do that? ill just use the ps4 capture to make a video of it i suppose

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AAB posted:

that is exactly the way it works. so if they shelve a weapon, it wont show correctly or if they add a crater, people will be randomly walking over mid air

oh, and S4 starts tomorrow :neckbeard:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/990957809088061441

fffffffffffffffffff

Looks like I'm taking half a day off tomorrow after my one mandatory meeting :toot:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I’m excited for tomorrow. I finished getting 100 this weekend.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I feel that Fortnite has been raising the bar constantly since somebody found a glitch to mount a rocket, and instead of nerfing it they embraced the silliness of it.

The bar is so high just now, than it will be very hard to "pay" for the hype the whole meteor thing have created.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Meteors randomly crashing through buildings seems like a dumb gimmick. Am I wrong?

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I've had a few close calls with meteors and have seen them demolish portions of enemy forts more than once. They're a bit gimmicky but also make the endgame slightly more exciting.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

meteors wrecking poo poo owns cause it makes people move more and leads to funny plays. it's a good thing for short term hype at the end of a season. if it lasted longer than a week or 3, yeah, it'd get annoying.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mr Hootington posted:

You just need 5 of the 100 tier challenges for that dumb glider

Yeah I vastly overestimated how long it'd take to do them. Sitting at 4 completed right now with 6/10 matches with an elimination, 0/3 top 3 in squads, and 01 for 5+ kills in a match as my last 3 to pick from (going for kills because the 50v50 chaos is fun and easy to find snipe targets). I had two 4 kill 50v50 matches and died like a dummy both times. Both times also had teammates near who could rez but getting revived in 50v50 is rarer than finding a gold scar and rocket launcher in your first house of a match. :sigh:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

santanotreal posted:

Meteors randomly crashing through buildings seems like a dumb gimmick. Am I wrong?

Yes. It rules

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah I vastly overestimated how long it'd take to do them. Sitting at 4 completed right now with 6/10 matches with an elimination, 0/3 top 3 in squads, and 01 for 5+ kills in a match as my last 3 to pick from (going for kills because the 50v50 chaos is fun and easy to find snipe targets). I had two 4 kill 50v50 matches and died like a dummy both times. Both times also had teammates near who could rez but getting revived in 50v50 is rarer than finding a gold scar and rocket launcher in your first house of a match. :sigh:

Are you on ps4?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

santanotreal posted:

Yes. It's great.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

santanotreal posted:

If it was giant showers destroying the whole map constantly yeah, it'd get old if it stuck around forever, but as is it's uncommon enough to actually be an extra layer of "oh poo poo!" unpredictability. I think it adds a lot of fun since it potentially can throw a wrench in the perma-forts and camping/turtling in end game and in early or mid has thrown in a bit of "Oh hey, that place you were running to for the chest isn't on the map now," randomization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Why do all Fortnite streamers yell "Let's go!" after each kill? It's so annoying. Is it a PUBG thing?