Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Playing triple Khador colossals is going to be so fun;

War Room Army

Khador - Northern Rim

Theme: Jaws of the Wolf
4 / 4 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf - WJ: +28
- Victor - PC: 34 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
- Victor - PC: 34
- Conquest - PC: 35

Greylord Forge Seer - PC: 0
Widowmaker Marksman - PC: 0
Greylord Forge Seer - PC: 0
Yuri the Axe - PC: 0

THEME: Jaws of the Wolf
---

GENERATED : 04/26/2018 15:10:48
BUILD ID : 2061.18-02-21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Khador dynamic update FINALLY dropped!!! Only change from week3 that I see is the loss of dual attack on Spriggan, but i'm hoping that's just a fuckup on their end...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eh, double colossal is still superior.

https://conflictchamber.com/#c3201b_-0f79k-e3kX8tgc867S7T7X

Khador Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Winter Guard Kommand

(Irusk 2) Supreme Kommandant Irusk [+27]
- Victor [34]
Kovnik Andrei Malakov [4]
- Conquest [35]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]
Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan [3]
Battle Mechaniks (min) [3]
Winter Guard Infantry (max) [10]
- Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard [0(4)]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

Khador dynamic update FINALLY dropped!!! Only change from week3 that I see is the loss of dual attack on Spriggan, but i'm hoping that's just a fuckup on their end...

Good news! Pagani confirmed Dual Attack is back on!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Good news! Pagani confirmed Dual Attack is back on!

I figured it was a fuckup. lol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
If kolgrima feats, and then irusk2 feats, do the models have pathdinder?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

This sounds like more of a philosophical question than a rules one.

Edit: if dice fall in the middle of a forest and nobody is around to see it, did you hit?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Its prolly gonna come up real soob. Im 93% certain they get pathfinder again cuz its a pulse but who knows with this stupid game

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
They should get pathfinder back. Compare the wording on Kolgrima with Baldur1. Even abilities like Relentless Charge get around her feat.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
5 new Menoth Models previewed in the Dev Hangout. Rather cringey video, as the spoiler detail for the new caster Cyrenia? was Hungerford saying "Oh she's going going be super intolerant, crazy religious, but a lady....." Exemplar Cinerator Officer grants Shield Guard plus "lots of other stuff". Hand Of Silence mounted Reclaimer solo gathers souls. Exemplar Warder warcaster attachment is a "combat focused" model with Guard Dog. Structure that's a big Church, no details given other than "looks cool". Full CID should be out next week.

Maybe a few Menoth casters can actually survive after a charge with a guard dog now. Cinerators all having Shield Guard + Vengeance seems cool. Thoughts?

Nighttheii fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 27, 2018

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Cinnies becoming valkyries is a very good thing. Now they and bastions just need 8 boxes back. Structures are farrrrrrrt

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I have the feeling like that thing will be refilling exemplar units and that makes me sad and angry.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Im hoping for something less lame than just another blockhouse/siege crawler/sepulchre (they all suck!!!)

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
How is that cringey? The protectorate set you on fire in a public square if you are caught stealing.

The Harbringer let a group of Morrowan refugees get turned into meat for Cryx because their leading priest didn’t immediately give up the god he worshipped all his life.

I just don’t see the cringe factor.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Im hoping for something less lame than just another blockhouse/siege crawler/sepulchre (they all suck!!!)

Sorry but those are all examples of awesome things actually

I do expect it to do something other than just crap out reinforcements though because that would be waaay too samey

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Guard Dog on a model like Thyra seems Real Good, and Cinerators with Shield Guard seems Real Good. Maybe this mounted Reclaimer will be a better Jack Marshal than what we have currently

Maybe the structure is Severius' tomb.

How is that cringey? The protectorate set you on fire in a public square if you are caught stealing.

The Harbringer let a group of Morrowan refugees get turned into meat for Cryx because their leading priest didn’t immediately give up the god he worshipped all his life.

The priest said he would and didn't mean it and Harbinger figured it out pretty quick

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

I just don’t see the cringe factor.

The cringey part is that hungerford gives the distinct impression hes pumping his hog to the 3D render of the new menoth caster's model

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I mean so am I but like, I dont go on stream

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I dunno what is with you that made you get that impression, but, uh, I'm pretty sure you're the only one on that boat

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Where are you guys seeing these? Asking for a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EF6kB9q4vg

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

The cringey part is that hungerford gives the distinct impression hes pumping his hog to the 3D render of the new menoth caster's model

:stare: This is a pretty weird post, man.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Fyrbrand posted:

:stare: This is a pretty weird post, man.

:getin:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I dunno the whole thing surrounding Harby is pretty gross because of the whole "she's underaged" thing that a lot of people seem to...

Jimmy Hats posted:

:stare:

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtkikHs6cCI

This is the dev hangout with Menoth teasers, minute 6 to 11 ish. It's tough to get through them trying make up a distracted boyfriend meme, and not really land it. Then just repeating that Cyrenia is lady several times as a unique selling point.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Oh I got the impression there were actual pics. Thanks for the link anyway, though.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Just got a list of the Khador lot I'm picking up this week:

code:
Casters:
Sorscha 1
Sorscha 2
Butcher 1
Butcher 3
Stravkhov
Vlad 1
Vlad 2
Vlad 3
Karchev
Irusk 2
Zerkova 1
Zerkova 2
Harkevich

Jacks:
Conquest x2
Behemoth
Black Ivan
Beast 09
Torch
Devastator x2
Destroyer x2
Grolar
Marauder x3
Rager 
Ruin
Spriggan
Juggernaut x2

Solos:
Greylord Forge Seer x2
Iron Fang Kovnik x2
Koldun Lord
Malakov
Kovnik Joe
Kovnik Markov
Man O War Drakhun
Man O War Kovnik
Manhunter x2
War Dog
Widowmaker Marksman
Yuri the Axe

Units:
IF Uhlans
Battle Mechanics and Officer
Black Dragon pikemen w/ command
Doom Reavers w/ Greylord
Great Bears
Greylord Outriders
Greylord Ternion x2
Kayazy Assassins w/ Underboss
Kayazy Eliminators x2
Koldun Kapitan Valachev
Man O War Shocktroopers w/ Officer
Widowmakers
Winter Guard Mortar
Winter Guard Field Gun
Winter Guard Infantry w/ officers
Winter Guard Rifle Corps w/ 3 Rockets

Mercs and Minions:
Vanguard
Alexia, MotW
Anastasia
Eiryss 1
Eiryss 2 x2
Gastone
Gorman
Harlan
Kell
Madelyn
Dougal
Ogrun Boker
Orin
Ragman 
Reinholdt
Rhupert
Nyss Hunters
Boomhowlers
Herne and Jonne
Aiyana and Holt
TAC

With foam and tokens all for $200. It's a solid start into Khador I'm hype.

Guy quitting because "themes is cancer"

S.J.
May 19, 2008

He must have hated Mk 2, then. Either way, that's a loving deal, holy poo poo :stare:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Thats quite the meltdown!!!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

lokipunk posted:

Guy quitting because "themes is cancer"

As someone just getting started, I have trouble with theme forces. Their use doesn't seem optional.

For the price of restricted unit list, you bet a bonus ~15% points in a 75 point game. That's calculated including the warlock bonus.

That's the view from someone who hasn't played a game. Maybe in practice the restrictions really do balance out the bonus points?

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Maneck posted:

As someone just getting started, I have trouble with theme forces. Their use doesn't seem optional.

For the price of restricted unit list, you bet a bonus ~15% points in a 75 point game. That's calculated including the warlock bonus.

That's the view from someone who hasn't played a game. Maybe in practice the restrictions really do balance out the bonus points?

They don't. The game is balanced around themes currently. Unless you have a spectacularly specific reason you shouldn't play out of theme and expect an even game.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

Maneck posted:

They don't.

It's a game design tactic to improve balance by reducing the number of variables in competitive play by unofficially breaking the game into subfactions.

You can technically play out of tier, but it's not really viable, and they can put strict restrictions on tier composition.

This is the DesignSpace we were warned about.

Edit: I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, even though I personally don't like it. If, say, Hand of Judgement is considered broken with Malekus, they don't need to nerf HoJ or Malekus. They separate them by tiers and keep both models strong.

My flgs has a mix of casual and competitive players, and "are you playing in tier or not" has become shorthand for "how competitive a game are we playing"

Alpha Phoenix fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 30, 2018

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Had a great game at a charity event (we raised over £1200 for our untimely deceased former PG's charity of choice).

Dropped my Maelok list into this Kallus2 Ogrun list as I thought a Dracodile vs Blightbringer and Posse vs Ogrun would be awesome to watch, especially all painted. Unfortunately the Dracodile never got to charge in on the big guy, but I'm really enjoying Maelok, and pulled out a 5-0 scenario win.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Alpha Phoenix posted:

They don't.

It's a game design tactic to improve balance by reducing the number of variables in competitive play by unofficially breaking the game into subfactions.

You can technically play out of tier, but it's not really viable, and they can put strict restrictions on tier composition.

This is the DesignSpace we were warned about.

Edit: I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, even though I personally don't like it. If, say, Hand of Judgement is considered broken with Malekus, they don't need to nerf HoJ or Malekus. They separate them by tiers and keep both models strong.

My flgs has a mix of casual and competitive players, and "are you playing in tier or not" has become shorthand for "how competitive a game are we playing"

Seriously? Then why is Privateer Press selling things like this https://store.privateerpress.com/legion-of-everblight-army-box-2017 It's actually advertised as "the quickest and easiest way to storm the battlefields" but pre-made army kit contains:
- Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight Warlock
- Carnivean Heavy Warbeast
- Scythean Heavy Warbeast
- Blighted Nyss Swordsmen Unit (10)
- Blighted Nyss Swordsman Abbot & Champion Command Attachment (2)
- Strider Scouts Unit (6)
- Strider Scout Officer & Musician Command Attachment (2)
- Blighted Nyss Shepherd Solo
- Incubus Solos (5)

The Blighted Nyss Swordsmen and incubus can only be taken in Children of the Dragon, the Carnivean, Scythean and Blighted Nyss Sheperd only be taken in Oracles of Annihilation, Striders and can only be taken in Ravens of War.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Idk probably because it gives people incentive to buy for multiple themes rather than just one

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Or because not playing in theme is fine for casual play.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Or it gives a solid starting point to branch off into themes...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Its probably because the sales side and the game side have no fuckin idea what the other one is doing

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Dude I'm pretty sure those boxes were released before the vast majority of themes were released anyways. They were mostly mirroring the similarly priced all in one boxes from a year or two earlier.

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003
edit: ^ What he said

It also predates themes as they exist now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

It's pretty inevitable in a 15 year old game. The model release bloat has to keep rolling to stay in business, but the more good models that exist, the more unpredictable combinations crop up. Factions have triple or more the number of options that they had in mk1, and since PP is dedicated to keeping new models balanced and interesting (or at least unique), they need to reign it in by creating a system where a Circle wold army is utterly unique from a beast spam Circle army, which is nearly unique from an infantry Circle army. To their credit, the worst models in Warmachine are still playable, and the faction balance is nearly perfect. Other games just let old models be bad and literally unplayable.

The current iteration of tiers makes a subfaction split is technically optional, since there has been great outcry over "invalidating models" in the past. It lets them add new models that could have broken combinations without worrying as much.

It's more obvious in Menoth than other factions. I can't take Flame Bringer cav in the same tier as Venger cav, and Paladin solo cav can't go in either tier. It pains my old Brettonian heart.