Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Gologle posted:

You know, when only one Servant still has the generic animation, that means that it's unique, right? I nominate Marie for that unique Servant.

I don't know if Steno throws orbs but she should for being so useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Stheno should get an animation update where literally the only difference is that her orbs now correspond to the same colour as the Card type.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Man, those new Mordred animations are ace. I can only hope Best Son spooks me sometime.

Also I think I'm the only person that actually likes the default caster animation, but on Martha specifically. I hope that doesn't go away entirely when/if they update her, it feels like a nice contrast to her punchier Swimsuit self.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nah, replace it with staff combat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shell probably use her staff to direct the tarasque

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Calling it now that her redone EX attack will involve her punching something.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

TheFireMagi posted:

i'm glad like half of mordred's new animations are her just kicking the poo poo outta people, it's great

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYh1KKAZlkc for a video of her new animations
Yeah, this is fantastic and I'm glad she's my frontline Saber alongside Okita.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
When you use the same weapon as your dad, and you rebel against it.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I hope that if they make another Mordred they keep the "Mordred steals from Arthur's arsenal of magic weapons" theme.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
So I decided to take my 10/10/10 Jalter to fight the final boss of the Fate/Zero singularity and see just how much damage I could get her to do. Brought with me Jalter herself with a level 50/80 Art of Death, Nightingale and a Support Waver. Forgot to take a screenshot, but that 800k HP dissolved instantly. About 400k off her NP and another 400k off her Buster Crit. (Waver NP started it off for the defense drop).

I love this madwoman.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, those new Mordred animations look badass.
I feel bad for her knee though in the Extra Attack, there's no way that feels good.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Whoa I managed to finish Act 18 as a one week player. Had to continue with a triple command seal but I was already really close. No stamina refills needed either. Lancer is my MVP, if they ever release a 5* version he'll be my waifu.

Is it just me or is Waver an amazing character? I almost always picked him as the guest support because he easily outperforms guys like Lancer or Saber.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ChronoReverse posted:

Whoa I managed to finish Act 18 as a one week player. Had to continue with a triple command seal but I was already really close. No stamina refills needed either. Lancer is my MVP, if they ever release a 5* version he'll be my waifu.

Is it just me or is Waver an amazing character? I almost always picked him as the guest support because he easily outperforms guys like Lancer or Saber.

Waver is one of the meta defining servants in the support caster trinity.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, a support waver opens up a ton of options in basically any situation between his buffs/debuffs and NP charge.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He's arguably the 2nd best servant even today in JP.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waver being around makes life way easier, so of course like all things in FGO, he was utter poo poo on JP launch :v:.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Bholder posted:

Iri doesn't have generic animations

Even though her sword projectiles are cool I like her Quick animation the most. It's nice to get in close from time to time.

Speaking of Iri, I let the Fire one NP me. Turns out that version actually does heavy damage and not just Curse...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Traveller posted:

Also I think I'm the only person that actually likes the default caster animation, but on Martha specifically. I hope that doesn't go away entirely when/if they update her, it feels like a nice contrast to her punchier Swimsuit self.

According to character martial when Martha's not punching something to death the way she "fights" is that she prays to God and God makes explosions happen. :black101:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I am very happy I have a NP3 Mordred.

TheFireMagi posted:

i'm glad like half of mordred's new animations are her just kicking the poo poo outta people, it's great

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYh1KKAZlkc for a video of her new animations

Never before was "Overkill" more appropriate than after her NP.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to convert Saint Quartz Fragments into Saint Quartz immediately? I'm enjoying the game so starting to go through all the menus to see what I can do.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I mean, you do you on that front.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

ChronoReverse posted:

Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to convert Saint Quartz Fragments into Saint Quartz immediately? I'm enjoying the game so starting to go through all the menus to see what I can do.

From a currency perspective, no, feel free to convert whenever you want. I find that if I'm trying to save though, keeping them in fragment form is nice because I think I have less SQ than I actually have, so I want to be more conservative, and then you trade them in at some point and you're like "Oh hey, I actually had an extra 12 SQ" or whatever.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They never disappear (unless you clear the mission and don't actually claim the shards), so

Compendium posted:

I mean, you do you on that front.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Dee Ehm posted:

So I decided to take my 10/10/10 Jalter to fight the final boss of the Fate/Zero singularity and see just how much damage I could get her to do. Brought with me Jalter herself with a level 50/80 Art of Death, Nightingale and a Support Waver. Forgot to take a screenshot, but that 800k HP dissolved instantly. About 400k off her NP and another 400k off her Buster Crit. (Waver NP started it off for the defense drop).

I love this madwoman.

I posted this in Discord a few days ago.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Endorph posted:

servants that still have the generic 'caster' animations on jp:

marie

leaving the best til last, right guys?

guys????

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Do Shadow Servants have the same death rate as normal Servants? I was under the impression that they were basically identical to actual Servants except their NP bar is just counting down to an Extra attack instead of actual NP. The reason I'm asking is because my Hassan just procced death on the Shadow Alexander in the Emiya Residence, which I was under the impression was basically impossible to do on a Servant.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
It's possible, just incredibly unlikely. I've done it before on shadow Jalter in France using Cu.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's incredibly unlikely, and getting insta death on a shadow servant means that luck went towards not pulling a 5*.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

poo poo, i've insta-deathed like 3 shadow servants this event

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Enjoy all your Sthenos.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Enemy servants have a 0.1% death rate by default. A 100% instant-kill NP has a 1-in-1000 chance of actually killing an enemy servant. That's more unlikely than getting a banner 5* on your first roll.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What if they're hit by Shiki's death resist down

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

These raid events might be the first time I feel I get my money worth out of Jalter and her grails. Event Servants only get extra damage so I can stack buffs and crit stars without problems and it doesn't follow the irritating three wave formula. Just stack all the buffs for three rounds then melt the target once you draw enough buster cards and the NP gauge is full.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So the second round of rank up quests starts at the turnover tomorrow. For anyone using Saber Gilles, Caster Gilles, or Alexander as your support for the current event, you should get their rank up quests done as soon as possible, since all three gain their third skill from this.

I glad that they are doing this now, since I thought that the quests that give them their third skills would happen after the Fate/Zero event ended, as a screw you to anyone who didn't have Altria or Iskandar.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

My first Gold non-Welfare Caster to boot.:toot:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

congrattssss

I sorely wish I had him on my JP account but I hope one day he comes to me

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

Do Shadow Servants have the same death rate as normal Servants? I was under the impression that they were basically identical to actual Servants except their NP bar is just counting down to an Extra attack instead of actual NP. The reason I'm asking is because my Hassan just procced death on the Shadow Alexander in the Emiya Residence, which I was under the impression was basically impossible to do on a Servant.

Shadow servants have about a hundred times higher death rates than normal servants, yes. They're actually one of the easier boss types to proc it on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Medusa and lu bu become super good now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Make sure you bring along the Servant in question for their respective Strengthening/Interludes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Dr Pepper posted:

My first Gold non-Welfare Caster to boot.:toot:

Owns. Very, very owns.