Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Julias Belmont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

Julias Belmont

Lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

i was at my dad's the other day and he was watching some nascar documentary about races in other countries and when they went to japan some random japanese government official made a joke about 'nascar' sounding like 'eggplant car' to him that the show didnt explain whatsoever, and my dad didnt get it either, and i was just sitting there trying to figure out if i should explain the joke or if id come across as a tool

thats my nascar story

Nasucar: Type-Moon Racing

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Every car is Saber.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

chumbler posted:

Every car is Saber. Jeff Gordon

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Waffleman_ posted:

Where did all the kart racing spinoffs go, anyway?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Racing in general is kind of down.

Mario KArt and the sonic series are still around though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Didn't FGO actually have a Wacky Races arc or something?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Sharkopath posted:

Racing in general is kind of down.

Well I think we've just found the perfect way to bring it back

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

cyber gpx reboot give it to me

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

StandardVC10 posted:

The show 'Two Car' was about racing motorcycle sidecars. I might have been the only one who watched it, though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

two car was also a not great show that had all the teams go through multi-episode arcs and then decide to just reset their character development at the end.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Haha they gave the guy who made Magical Girl of the End an anime? Because Magical Girl of the End is one of the worst manga I've ever read. Might even be the worst.

e: Like I'm someone who totally eats up lovely edgy magical girl nonsense, too, it was just really bad.

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 1, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

RottenK posted:

violet evergarden has a good looking guy who wears high heels, and therefore cannot be bad

post 'im so i dont have to watch a kiyoani show

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Motto posted:

gently caress the cops

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

post 'im so i dont have to watch a kiyoani show

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lmao those pants

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
edit: oh someone posted it first

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lmao those pants

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*updates spreadsheet to add dis to the "anti-kyoani" faction*

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I wish his hair didn't suck

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Motto posted:

*death note gif*

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

look excel sucks but it's not that bad

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

two car was also a not great show that had all the teams go through multi-episode arcs and then decide to just reset their character development at the end.

what the

*sadly deletes two car folder*

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aurora posted:

eela doesn't like boat girls..

why even live

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blhue posted:

why even live

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i delete everything that anyone ever says a negative thing about *cursor hangs ominously over system32*

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Mahou Shoujo Ore 5 is a combination of an extended Shin Godzilla reference and Shirobako and it's amazing.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 1, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

i delete everything that anyone ever says a negative thing about *cursor hangs ominously over system32*

system32 didn't get very good until system32 2

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

what the

*sadly deletes two car folder*

there are definitely plenty of bits i enjoyed but it was very sad to see literally nothing about the character dynamics meaningfully change when they were really pushing them in that direction. i'm not high level enough to really grasp why they chose to do that since it's certainly a kind of story you can tell (even tell well). very specifically, the BDSM couple arc seemed really promising for a switch-up so i was most disappointed in that one, same for the leads only half realizing that their crush was a huge loser and moving on.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

if this was true i would have never read fate

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Sindai posted:

Mahou Shoujo Ore 5 is a combination of an extended Shin Godzilla reference and Shirobako and it's amazing.

Also a joke about Osomatsu-san, all the way down to eliminating the purple line color.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I still need to watch the last handful of episodes I put on my phone but I thought the BDSM couple ended up in a pretty interesting place in their arc, like superficially the way they race isn't much different but there's some good emotional nuance to their dynamic now

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

dogsicle posted:

It's true that there was little to no character development. I still liked it, because I viewed it as a character study.

With each team, we found out more about them than just 'they ride sidecars'. Like peeling an onion, we got to go deeper into each character and their relationship with their teammate. There was even an episode about the announcer pair, which was my personal favorite.

So yeah, the characters themselves didn't change much. If that's what someone wants to see, then Two Car definitely isn't for them. I like characters, so I enjoyed it.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:yeah:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

I wish his hair didn't suck

same but it's really funny how he's sunday hiker bishi from the waist up and abruptly changes to gay thot from the waist down

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What is a thot?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Motto posted:

i thought the chcolate croissant thing joke was really funny when i watched the first ep of lucky star on youtube in 9th grade

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Here's a thread for talking about horse girls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

What is a thot?

"that hoe over there"

• Locked thread