Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM Juice vs Goto

Really hot match and crowd was super into Juice. He's going to probably be the man to beat Jay White for the US title I think later this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Kraneo vs Rush, CMLL Arena Mexico 4/27

I wasn't that big on it, but I enjoyed Kraneo and Rush being dick so nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GenericMartini posted:

I wasn't that big on it, but I enjoyed Kraneo and Rush being dick so nth

I really liked the structure of the match, it was kind of non traditional, but the long heat in the first two falls made for a hot second half of the second fall. Rush being the biggest rear end in a top hat in the world is obviously the cherry on top.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nth Kraneo/Rush

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Fentry posted:

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar, Greatest Royal Rumble 4/27/18

Nth

Thinking about it it was legitimately the most bored I've ever been for a steel cage and title match. And then that ending.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I believe the OP is now fully up to date with the latest nominations, let me know if I've missed anything.

WWE has achieved what I'm fairly certain is a first. They've managed to get two WMOTY nominations for a match featuring the same competitors for the same title on two different PPVs within a single calendar month. That's even more impressive than the time Chris Harris and James Storm in TNA got a WMOTY nod in one PPV and a MOTY nod in the very next one.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Hana Kimura vs. Mika Iwata
HM: Ayako Hamada vs. Chihiro Hashimoto
MOTYC: Io Shirai vs. Meiko Satomura

All from Sendai Girls at Korakuen Hall on April 19th.

Please watch this show. It's less than two hours - a third of the length of the Oil Rumble and every match is fun as hell with the three singles matches being great. Io/Meiko might well be my favourite match this year. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Absolutely spectacular that blew my very high expectations out of the water.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 30, 2018

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar, Oiliest Rumble 4/27/18

Destined to do this forever...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
MOTYC: Io Shirai vs Meiko Satomura

Meiko is a living legend misplaced in time, she would have been neck and neck with Manami Toyota if she had been born 20 years earlier. Io Shirai is similarly in the running for the best women's wrestler of all time, but she's got a much flashier, modern style. It's astounding how great these two are. Watch this match.

e: Meiko is like a fusion of WCW Dean Malenko and WWE Daniel Bryan, Io Shirai is like a fusion WCW Chris Jericho and NJPW Tanahashi.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 30, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kento Miyahara (AJPW Champion Carnival 4/30)

Marufuji has looked half asleep all tournament until his (also really great) match with Akiyama on Wednesday, and here he really turned it up. Some absolutely brutal spots. I don't have it as high as the Shirai/Satomura match but still excellent.

RealFoxy posted:

If anyone wants a link to just the match and not the whole show, here it is:

https://rutube.ru/video/c2bbc0d59430171a95facc20775fd91b

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Meiko is a living legend misplaced in time, she would have been neck and neck with Manami Toyota if she had been born 20 years earlier. Io Shirai is similarly in the running for the best women's wrestler of all time, but she's got a much flashier, modern style. It's astounding how great these two are. Watch this match.

e: Meiko is like a fusion of WCW Dean Malenko and WWE Daniel Bryan, Io Shirai is like a fusion WCW Chris Jericho and NJPW Tanahashi.

2nding this.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Baron Corbyn posted:

Marufuji has looked half asleep all tournament until his (also really great) match with Akiyama on Wednesday, and here he really turned it up. Some absolutely brutal spots. I don't have it as high as the Shirai/Satomura match but still excellent.

If anyone wants a link to just the match and not the whole show, here it is:

https://rutube.ru/video/c2bbc0d59430171a95facc20775fd91b
Nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM
Shockwave The Robot vs Bill Carr
Massage NV Vs The Beaver Boys

Beyond Wrestling: Welcome Home Night 2 4/29

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HM: Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor (WWE Raw 4/30/18)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
HM - Finn Balor v. Seth Rollins, IC Title Match, Raw 4/30/18

Could have been a MOTYC if it didn't end so abruptly

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

I concur.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MOTYC: Yuko Miyamoto vs HARASHIMA (DDT Extreme Title Normal Rules Match, DDT Max Bump 2018 4/29/18)

The Smile Yankees explode! It was described to me as a non-stop murderfest (sans deathmatch tomfoolery) between two best friends and it does not disappoint. HARASHIMA is still DDT's ace and his tag partner Yuko is no slouch either, and they both go completely ham to prove which is the better wrestler.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KoldPT posted:

2nding this.

This is a 3rd because I nominated it too so with NienNunb's vote too, I think it has enough

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

e: whoops, misread. I'm going to nth the Io Shirai vs Meiko Satomura match.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 1, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yep, Io vs Meiko is now on the list. Marufuji vs. Miyahara still needs a couple votes.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

HM: Joey Janela and Orange Cassidy vs Tracy Williams and Wheeler YUTA. Beyond Wrestling Welcome Home Night 1 4/28

Probably the most fun I've had watching wrestling this year. Orange Cassidy is insanely underrated.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

super macho dude posted:

MOTYC: Yuko Miyamoto vs HARASHIMA (DDT Extreme Title Normal Rules Match, DDT Max Bump 2018 4/29/18)

The Smile Yankees explode! It was described to me as a non-stop murderfest (sans deathmatch tomfoolery) between two best friends and it does not disappoint. HARASHIMA is still DDT's ace and his tag partner Yuko is no slouch either, and they both go completely ham to prove which is the better wrestler.

2nd

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DrKrankenwagen posted:

I concur.
3rd

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Marufuji has looked half asleep all tournament until his (also really great) match with Akiyama on Wednesday, and here he really turned it up. Some absolutely brutal spots.

thirded, and on that note I'd like to give an HM to Marufuji/Akiyama from Wednesday (AJPW Champion Carnival 4/25)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In case anybody was on the fence, Marufuji vs. Miyahara just needs one more MOTYC vote.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Nth. As a general rule of thumb I give MOTYC to matches that make me swear loudly in sheer glee.

As an added note this was my first modern AJPW match and yeah I wanna drive down the Kings Road.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 10:46 on May 2, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

April's Best (and Worst) matches, and a whole slew of Honorable Mentions. There was a lot of great wrestling in April, but the sheer scale also meant there were more WMOTY Candidates than usual.

Matches of the Year
04/01 | Will Ospreay (C) vs. Marty Scurll for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Sakura Genesis
04/01 | Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Zack Sabre Jr. for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Sakura Genesis
04/06 | Matt Riddle vs. Will Ospreay - WWN Supershow
04/07 | WALTER vs. PCO - Joey Janela’s Spring Break 2
04/07 | Adam Cole vs. Killian Dain vs. Ricochet vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Velveteen Dream vs. EC3 for the NXT North American Title - NXT Takeover: New Orleans
04/07 | Andrade "Cien" Almas (C) vs. Aleister Black for the NXT Championship - NXT Takeover: New Orleans
04/07 | Tomasso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano - NXT New Orleans
04/08 | Charlotte (C) vs. Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Championship - Wrestlemania 34
04/08 | Undertaker vs. John Cena - Wrestlemania 34
04/08 | The Bar (C) vs. Braun Strowman and some kid called Nicholas for the Raw Tag Team Titles - Wrestlemania 34
04/15 | Shingo Takagi vs. Yuji Hino - AJPW Champion Carnival
04/19 | Io Shirai vs. Meiko Satomura - Tokyo Sendai Girls
04/30 | Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kento Miyahara - AJPW Champion Carnival

Worst Matches of the Year
04/05 | Dan Severn vs. Chris Dickinson - Matt Riddle’s Bloodsport
04/05 | Masada vs. Martin Stone - Matt Riddle's Bloodsport
04/08 | Women's Battle Royal - Wrestlemania 34
04/08 | The Bar (C) vs. Braun Strowman and some kid called Nicholas for the Raw Tag Team Titles - Wrestlemania 34
04/08 | Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship - Wrestlemania 34
04/27 | Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship - The Greatest Royal Rumble
04/27 | The 50-Man Royal Rumble match - The Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia

Honorable Mentions
04/02 | Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins - WWE RAW
04/02 | Mistico/Volador Jr/El Valiente (C) vs. Caristico/Ultimo Guerrero/Gran Gurrero for the CMLL World Trios Championship - CMLL Arena Puebla
04/03 | Buddy Murphy vs. Kalisto - 205 Live
04/05 | Walter vs. Filthy Tom Lawlor - Matt Riddle’s Bloodsport
04/05 | Munenori Sawa & Deisuke Sekimoto vs. Timothy Thatcher & Walter - Evolve 102
04/05 | Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jeff Cobb - Wrestlecon Supershow
04/06 | Zack Sabre Jr vs. Munenori Sawa - WWN Supershow
04/06 | Flamita & Bandido vs. Fenix & Rey Horus - WrestleCon Supershow
04/06 | Matt Riddle vs. Daisuke Sekimoto - Evolve
04/06 | Keith Lee vs Daisuke Sekimoto - WWN Supershow
04/06 | Ringkampf vs. Dickinson & Jaka - WWN Supershow
04/06 | King Cuerno, Drago & Aerostar vs. Andrew Everett, DJ Z & Desmond Xavier - Impact vs. Lucha Underground
04/06 | LAX vs Killshot & Willie Mac - Impact! vs Lucha Underground
04/07 | Great Sasuke vs. Joey Janela - Joey Janela’s Spring Break 2
04/07 | Madison Eagles vs Deonna Purrazzo - Shimmer 100
04/07 | Ember Moon (C) vs. Shayna Baszler for the NXT Women's Title - NXT Takeover: New Orleans
04/07 | Cole & O’Reilly (C) vs. Authors of Pain vs. Strong & Dunne for the NXT Tag Team Championship/Dusty Classic Trophy - NXT Takeover: New Orleans
04/08 | The Miz (C) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor for the Intercontinental Championship - Wrestlemania 34
04/08 | Ronda Rousey/Kurt Angle vs. HHH/Stephanie McMahon - Wrestlemania 34
04/09 | Caristico vs. Mistico - CMLL Puebla
04/22 | Austin Aries (C) vs. Pentagon Jr. vs. Fenix for the Impact World Championship - Impact Wrestling Redemption
04/23 | DALYS vs KAHO KOBAYASHI - CMLL Arena Puebla
04/24 | Toa Henare vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku
04/24 | Jay White (C) vs. David Finlay for the IWGP United States Championship - NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku
04/27 | Cedric Alexander (C) vs. Kalisto for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship - The Greatest Royal Rumble
04/27 | Hirooki Goto (C) vs Juice Robinson for the Never Openweight Championship - NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku
04/27 | Kraneo vs Rush - CMLL Arena Mexico
04/30 | Seth Rollins (C) vs. Finn Balor for the Intercontinental Championship - WWE Raw

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't wait for the end of the year when WMOTY is just a big list of Roman vs. Brock.

Meanwhile Finn and Seth are just like "sure we can keep putting on solid matches week after week nbd"

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
HM - Kalisto vs Drew Gulak, 205 Live
Nobody watches this show but Drew is on loving fire and this match was phenomenal. Would be a MOTYC if anyone but the people in the building in Montreal saw it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Jun Kasai vs. Hyper Misao - Tokyo Joshi Pro YES! WONDERLAND 2018 ~ break yourself! ~ (5/3)

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 3, 2018

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Jun Kasai vs. Hyper Misao - Tokyo Joshi Pro YES! WONDERLAND 2018 ~ break yourself! ~

2nd. Holy poo poo was not expecting that level of hardcore.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'll HM

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Has anyone else dropped an HM nod on Jeff Cobb vs MiSu from the RevPro Mania weekend show? Because I will.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

fine, I'll drop to HM if it gets it on the list. It's an amazing match that everyone should watch though. They even got a Japanese table to break

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/991898125802655744
https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/991899160335958016
https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/991900241254236160

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Jun Kasai vs. Hyper Misao - Tokyo Joshi Pro YES! WONDERLAND 2018 ~ break yourself! ~ (5/3)

3rd

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I guess in that case I will rescind changing my MOTYC to a HM and hope someone else comes in with the MOTYC nomination.

This one is more a curiosity than a match recommendation in any direction but if you want to watch Bob Backlund wrestle in the main event at Korakuen Hall in the year 2018 (with a claimed attendance of 2,400, a full 700 more people than were in attendance for NJPW New Year's Dash which was packed to the rafters) - here you go

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Shouldn't we have a default rule that "3 MOTYC/HM mixed qualifies for HM" so we don't have to worry about people lowering their votes? Just vote your heart!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok fine i will vote MOTYC. the methodology is obviously nonsensical but i am not having this argument

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Veto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

HM: Drago, Fantasma & Aerostar vs DJZ, Desmond Xavier & Andrew Everett, Impact! Wrestling 05/03/18 for being a really fun lucha rules tag.