Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

re previous discussions about the American health care system for non-Americans

every emergency room in America has a sign like this:

what they're saying here is that if you can't pay, they're doing the absolute minimum necessary to stabilize you before shoveling your rear end out the door or off on a charity hospital, and also they're gonna bill your rear end anyway. enjoy.

economic freedom, thank you mr trmuop :patriot:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a pundit just now on msnbc: "what do you think law enforcement is all about, mr. president?"

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

the poop is stored on the balls

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/BuckTurgidson79/status/991156914636623872

tromp gonna vigorously shake dear leader's arm up and down til it comes out the socket

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

politics tonya harding

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i've got a real headscratcher of a question

cspam, do you think mr. trump has violated political norms while in office?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

re previous discussions about the American health care system for non-Americans

every emergency room in America has a sign like this:

what they're saying here is that if you can't pay, they're doing the absolute minimum necessary to stabilize you before shoveling your rear end out the door or off on a charity hospital, and also they're gonna bill your rear end anyway. enjoy.

A fun thing that non-American's might not know is, you don't just get one bill from the hospital. If you go to the hospital for something serious, or are in there for awhile, after you get out you're gonna be getting random bills for months afterwards. From different departments and services, the ambulance that took you there, and so on. Some of them will probably be bullshit, so if you're pretty sure a bill you got is bullshit you can call them up and probably make it go away. But for the most part you'll just pay them. Because if you don't those bills will be sent to a collection agency, who will make your life hell.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Nichael posted:

he's made them clear for all to see

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

A fun thing that non-American's might not know is, you don't just get one bill from the hospital. If you go to the hospital for something serious, or are in there for awhile, after you get out you're gonna be getting random bills for months afterwards. From different departments and services, the ambulance that took you there, and so on. Some of them will probably be bullshit, so if you're pretty sure a bill you got is bullshit you can call them up and probably make it go away. But for the most part you'll just pay them. Because if you don't those bills will be sent to a collection agency, who will make your life hell.

Also a healthy, normal childbirth with zero complications is like $2500, and that's if you have good insurance

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

*Norm McDonald voice* I'm Political Norm, and let me tell ya, I'm feeling violated!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

~~ flashback to 1996 ~~

Andrew Selvaggio is a trained chef who oversees new menu offerings for 19,263 McDonald's restaurants, and when you ask him about his affinity for the product he creates, he doesn't mess around. ''I would say,'' he replies calmly, clinically, ''that I'm a super-heavy user.''

Selvaggio, who came to McDonald's headquarters in Oak Brook, Ill., from Chicago's famed Pump Room, is sweating in the kitchen at a high-profile time. The chain's domestic sales have been flat, and it is in the middle of a highly publicized attempt to give its menu more adult appeal. McDonald's has introduced four new sandwiches this year alone; the first was the Arch Deluxe burger last spring -- a relative flop among customers and underwhelmed food critics. Through it all, Selvaggio remains relentlessly upbeat about his work, speaking of his creations with the brio of a proud gourmet. He says he tested 52 combinations of mustard for the Arch Deluxe, ''like an artist blending different colors.'' Coming next: radicchio in the new Grilled Chicken Salad Deluxe, debuting this month. ''That's my responsibility,'' says Selvaggio of this upscale move. ''To reinterpret trends in restaurants. To McDonaldize them.''

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Nichael posted:

bob muller is the prophet who will save us from having to break decorum by delivering unto to us a piss tap, swaddled in a flash drive!

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

lmfao wtg zegermans

https://twitter.com/zergmans/status/991129780052549633

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why is conspiracy so insanely catty

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The best MW2 strategy I had was taking a nova and putting 12 medium lasers on the torso and putting them on group fire. You were fast enough to run right up to any mech and then get two group fire bursts off to kill them before you overheated.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Mariana Horchata posted:

:hai:

(that was obsidian, innit?)

oh yeah, true. i think maybe bethesda was just the publisher? i don't remember tbh

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

everything may be extremely bad

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Drunkboxer posted:

I remember when that happened actually

best of times, worst of times~

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

hell yeah i was going to vote for bernie but with the coup coming i see that won't be necessary

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Yinlock posted:

why is conspiracy so insanely catty

trump is a catty fat bitch that lives for stupidass drama

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Solarin posted:

trump is a catty fat bitch that lives for stupidass drama

hell, same

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

why follow celebrities when u can follow politics

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Crusader posted:

tromp gonna vigorously shake dear leader's arm up and down til it comes out the socket

Remember how Trump wanted to actually go to the DMZ but his people stopped him and all that he got to do was fly in a helicopter. drat, Trump was really pissed that he never got a "Pence standing at DMZ photo". I am guessing that the Secret Service and the Pentagon is flipping its poo poo right now.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im watching santa clarita diet and the couple is debating whether or not they should let the wife eat a couple of nazi blue collar workers. one of whom shows up high on painkillers and invites them to go to a lsebian doctors funeral so they can shout things at her "colord kids"

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

why piss when you can watch piss tape

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Crusader posted:

little socket man

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Reality Loser posted:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the UnitedStates of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2018, as Loyalty Day. I call on all Americans to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies in our schools and other public places, including recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. I also call upon all Government officials to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings and grounds on that day.

https://twitter.com/WHPublicPool/status/991149684885479426?s=19

i hereby proclaim May 1st Respect The Rules Day :toot:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lol holy poo poo can you imagine trump sitting at the dmz negotiation table with the big border line across it

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
drat just saw you were never really here. i read that people at the cannes film festival stood and clapped for seven whole drat minutes for that boring piece of poo poo. drat!!!!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

best of times, worst of times~

God DAMMIT Marcus!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I took more or less the past month off from twitter and dramatically reduced my engagement with trump news after bolton's appointment

I'm a lot happier and more driven to do stuff but to be frank the whole "the world is doomed very soon" has never really gone away or even lessened

it doesn't help that no one is doing anything substantial about the climate catastrophe

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I took more or less the past month off from twitter and dramatically reduced my engagement with trump news after bolton's appointment

I'm a lot happier and more driven to do stuff but to be frank the whole "the world is doomed very soon" has never really gone away or even lessened

it doesn't help that no one is doing anything substantial about the climate catastrophe

trump!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

I love dread and feeling dread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

trimp gonna get 2 scoops of ice cream, un will get 3, and the world will burn because of it

• Locked thread