Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did anyone have issues downloading the latest pro version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

xbilkis posted:

This whole song was a real roller coaster experience and is probably the hardest I've laughed at a podcast in a really long time.

The sad realization that it was encapsulating years of their work was the peak, but I also really loved Bret hoping for a shoutout followed almost immediately by a Cody shoutout
The guy who made it posted it on reddit with a little mini-AMA on reddit, so hopefully it's the start of more of that kind of content.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/8eradg/how_long_has_it_been_full_version_hollywood/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uiiy65ZrRj4

reddit posted:

Edit: My one regret is not including Engineer Brett. Kevin had been the engineer for most eps I heard recently and Cody had just left so those were fresh in my mind. I love Brett and he adds so much great insight and commentary on Will Hines' 'Screw It, We're Just Gonna Talk About The Beatles' pod.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The things I'm hearing about this Pro-version seem like a hoot.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

The things I'm hearing about this Pro-version seem like a hoot.

The Big Bopper makes an appearance and rehearses singing a few songs before a big performance, and I couldn't stop laughing.

I unironically think the Big Bopper bit justifies a month of Stitcher Premium, and the end song the rest of the year.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 25, 2018

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

xbilkis posted:

The sad realization that it was encapsulating years of their work was the peak, but I also really loved Bret hoping for a shoutout followed almost immediately by a Cody shoutout

"Hey, Mom?..."

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

JethroMcB posted:

"Hey, Mom?..."
Good Golly Miss Molly did I bust a gut laughing at that

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Details on Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson's new podcast, as well as a new Michael Ian Black one:

https://news.avclub.com/paul-scheer-to-talk-about-movies-that-are-actually-good-1825537404

The bit about Michael Ian Black reminded me that Topics existed and is absolutely worth listening to.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I really don't want to wait another 4 years for more Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project. Hard to go wrong with more Travel Bug

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Chairman Capone posted:

Details on Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson's new podcast, as well as a new Michael Ian Black one:

https://news.avclub.com/paul-scheer-to-talk-about-movies-that-are-actually-good-1825537404

The bit about Michael Ian Black reminded me that Topics existed and is absolutely worth listening to.

Topics was fantastic

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I like how the Pistol Shrimps ad that hosts are reading now mentions Aubrey Plaza when she left the team (and being mentioned on the podcast) about two years ago.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 27, 2018

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like how the Pistol Shrimps ad that hosts are reading now mentions Aubrey Plaza when she left the team (and being mentioned on the podcast) about two years ago.

I noticed that, too, weird oversight.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
You’re always a shrimp (for advertising purposes)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jason is right. This weeks HDTGM about southern fried fuckboy isn't making me optimistic about Solo either.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

Jason is right. This weeks HDTGM about southern fried fuckboy isn't making me optimistic about Solo either.

I had no idea that he was another one of Spielberg's anointed up-and-comers. Things make a bit more sense now.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I just found out today that Kulap quit who charted and Howard dropped the lovely new format and the guests are comedians instead of the cast of bajillion in alphabetical order again now and the show is good again.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Show is very much better, yes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Isn't it Berjillion?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Do the boys really not come back

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Magic Tavern on HH i'm hesitant to say the least. Magic Tavern was good till a few month before they joined earwolf then it seemed like they exhasted their premise, if I'm wrong and they ade good again please let me know.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Unfortunately you're legally obliged to listen to any episode of HH that contains Hayes and/or Sean

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I'm only like 30 into it so far but the Magic Tavern folks are trying a little too hard.

Magic Tavern was really fun for the first 20 or 30 episodes, but was even getting super repetitive toward the end of that. And suffered from way too much continuity as it went, in a way that sort of reminded me of the Daly/Mantzoukas CBB appearances where the callbacks got in the way of doing anything original. I admire them for shaking it up and doing some different stuff later on like a multi-episode dungeon crawl and whatever their season 2 stuff was, but none of it played to the strengths of the show. Nor was it very funny.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Scott thinks he's so much better than The Boys, but in reality he's pumping their gas

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
can't wait for this episode celebrating 9 years of CBB, the show with a canon of characters callbacks and in-jokes rivaling the very comic book series loved by its host (dear boy)

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Matt Lindland posted:

I just found out today that Kulap quit who charted and Howard dropped the lovely new format and the guests are comedians instead of the cast of bajillion in alphabetical order again now and the show is good again.

Natty Legs is really good. I doubt she'll be there long term given her show commitment and other stuff. Kulap had been checked out of the show for some time.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Yeah I gave up on WC around the time they started screwing with the format but I just dipped back in, never really disliked Kulap or anything but I agree her leaving seems to have breathed some new life into the show.

Also I'm slowly catching up on Pro Versions and "the female nads" is killing me.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You're going to love their episode live from Coachella

E: Colin gets buried big time this week.

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 2, 2018

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Yeah, buried six feet under with the rest of the snowflakes.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
the comic book got funnier and funnier the longer it went on

https://twitter.com/mikekevan87/status/991828256222429184

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I fully expect to see a complete comic on Reddit within 6 months.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just got an email from Stitcher about new Teacher's Lounge :toot:
Also, PFT filled in for Gourley on the latest Pistol Shrimps ep http://www.earwolf.com/episode/pistol-shrimps-5-1-2018/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 3, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Speaking of the Shrimps, does the documentary still exist on any service to watch and is it good? I never got around to it, but it was on Seeso yeah?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Speaking of the Shrimps, does the documentary still exist on any service to watch and is it good? I never got around to it, but it was on Seeso yeah?

It’s great, and I’m pretty positive Starz bought it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah neat, the in laws have starz so I’ll catch it the next time I visit. Thanks!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
chiming to say i also thought it was good

cams
Mar 28, 2003

jimmy pardo had to read an ad for hollywood handbook on today's never not funny

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

jimmy pardo had to read an ad for hollywood handbook on today's never not funny

Lennon Parham pronounced it "Wie-ger" doing the HH read on this week's Womp It Up.

Best part of the HH ad push is the new post-roll ad where Sean tells you "It sucks, it's bad."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
ahaha
https://twitter.com/mradamscott/status/992454434507579392

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i really liked the magic tavern hh. on fire from minute one

"it's just somebody on a mic, with somebody else. ideally both of them are white, one of them hopefully should have had A line in hangover 3"

"what i love about podcasts is the spontaneity of somebody misspeaking and then someone else turning that into a loving empire of t-shirts for the next 10 years"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm the third host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

R. Guyovich posted:

"what i love about podcasts is the spontaneity of somebody misspeaking and then someone else turning that into a loving empire of t-shirts for the next 10 years"

This was some primo poo poo right here