Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This gonna take all day.

Knew I should have woke up earlier and done it right at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

T-minutes four hours and I'll be playing all dayyyyyyyy.

I loaded in and took a peak at Dusty Divot, looks cool! I shotgunned and then was shotgunned, so all in all I like it :bubblewoop:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm at 1.0% !!!!!

Real talk. If I just leave this on all day it will continue to update correct?

Like roommate DON'T touch the TV?!?!?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A Man and his dog posted:

I'm at 1.0% !!!!!

Real talk. If I just leave this on all day it will continue to update correct?

Like roommate DON'T touch the TV?!?!?

Why don't you have automatic updates turned on

Both consoles should continue updating when they're on sleep mode. I think the only thing that would interrupt update downloading is playing an online game on that console.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

:laffo: at giving StW the crossbow and Raven skin as items/hero if you bought Raven in royale.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Good riddance to the worthless crossbow.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Updated in less than an hour! Still gives me an hour before work to play!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I gotta say the crossbow was complete poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Im the increased headshots and lowered hit boxes of other body parts.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It really is the best amd only change needed.

and lowering shotgun damage but that wont happen

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I dunno, just hurling them across the map and then suddenly seeing a headshot damage hit feels pretty good.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Random skin and backpack is the best change

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao if we gonna talk accuracy the loving Hand Cannon pistol needs to be a bit more on point.

Also, down to the last two squads. We killed everyone in there squad but one guy. We thought we had it.

Well homeboy, dropped 4 remote grenades and low and behold blew all of us up.

It was beautiful and he deserved the win.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

It’s beautiful

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

I dunno, just hurling them across the map and then suddenly seeing a headshot damage hit feels pretty good.

You know what else feels good to an average player? Looting a useful weapon.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Landing at haunted is fun.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You know what else feels good to an average player? Looting a useful weapon.

I'm not good with it by any means, but I've had 2/3 200+ meter headshots with the crossbow and I felt like a god.

But I will not lost sleep over it disappearing, that's for sure.

drat, that's glorious.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm not good with it by any means, but I've had 2/3 200+ meter headshots with the crossbow and I felt like a god.

But I will not lost sleep over it disappearing, that's for sure.

What I'm saying is that most likely anyone discussing Fortnite online is way above the curve of average 12 year old on their PS4 or whatever.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I will never not bust out laughing when a mom / dad enters a room and screams it's time to turn the game off and go to bed.

YOU HAVE SCHOOL IN THE MORNING!!!

Playing this game in your 30s is hilarious.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

It's a very minuscule change, but I love that we can now set favorite skins and have it rotate randomly from game to game.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What I'm saying is that most likely anyone discussing Fortnite online is way above the curve of average 12 year old on their PS4 or whatever.

Oh yeah, no doubt.

I played with a 3-squad of British children once and MAN was that hilarious. Picture an absolute British stereotype, but unironically, and that was these kids to a fuckin T.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

It's a very minuscule change, but I love that we can now set favorite skins and have it rotate randomly from game to game.

Oh ffffffffffffffffffuck that's awesome, I can't wait to explore all the new nifty things. Them expanding the emote wheel to... literally everything you have in your locker is already a cool little feature.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
The low-grav crystals at Dusty Divot are sooooo loving cool. I can't wait to be able to pick one up, put it in the inventory, and bust it out later. They'll have to add that in, right?

I'm always looking for 'weird time' squad mates - I'm usually only available between 10 A - 3 P CST. PC: Tracer-Bullet

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Can we get 2 new threads now that season 4 launched? I want to split STW off as the game is actually playable now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ColHannibal posted:

Can we get 2 new threads now that season 4 launched? I want to split STW off as the game is actually playable now.

Or we could have two threads one about the game and the other about streamers.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

ColHannibal posted:

doesn't make sense yet to do that. if I need to update something in the op, just let me know.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Alright how many troll Llamas did you all get as a sign of your past mistakes? I got 28.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so, has anyone spotted any big changes other than Dusty Divot? I only played a couple matches and a lot of it seemed pretty much the same.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so, has anyone spotted any big changes other than Dusty Divot? I only played a couple matches and a lot of it seemed pretty much the same.

Risky reels and i think 4 smaller craters are around.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

There are some smaller changes too, like a film set in Moisty Mire and a new mansion near Lonely Lodge. I haven't checked either location out yet though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There is a mansion / missile silo built into the cliffs near Snobby Shores...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Crater in Tilted, new location north of Wailing, some weird poo poo south of Haunted, crater in Prison.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
There is also a movie set with a crashed chopper in moisty mire. Tons of new cool poo poo, this is a great update.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

ColHannibal posted:

Alright how many troll Llamas did you all get as a sign of your past mistakes? I got 28.

143. I only skimmed the notes, what's so good about this patch for PvE? Other than some rewards for killing husks. The new soldier looked very lackluster.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Seditiar posted:

143. I only skimmed the notes, what's so good about this patch for PvE? Other than some rewards for killing husks. The new soldier looked very lackluster.

It’s the last few patches and major work being done on the pve front. The spring it on store is huge as it give the ability to get the evolution materials you need, the endurance rework and now with this patch mobs drop materials.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

ColHannibal posted:

It’s the last few patches and major work being done on the pve front. The spring it on store is huge as it give the ability to get the evolution materials you need, the endurance rework and now with this patch mobs drop materials.

Ah yeah fair enough. Figured I might've missed something specifically in 4.0, but that makes sense too.

I might take a crack at the game again if they ever release a 100-130 zone and biomes/rerolls.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Seditiar posted:

Ah yeah fair enough. Figured I might've missed something specifically in 4.0, but that makes sense too.

I might take a crack at the game again if they ever release a 100-130 zone and biomes/rerolls.

I left the game a few months ago as it seemed that BR killed the game, in the past 2 weeks I have gotten back into the game and actually have fun and can do what I want not being held back and forced to grind.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
okay, Dusty Divot sucks rear end

there is not nearly enough loot there for the insane number of people dropping any given game

if you're one of the first on the ground, or first to a chest, it's pretty much guaranteed you'll get 5+ kills, but good fuckin luck doing that because of how it's arranged (you will pop your chute way above the base)

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 1, 2018

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
How do you use the sprays? I dug around in the keybinds but couldn't find the one for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dusty Divot is fuckin doooooope :toot:

Those crystals make everything WILD