Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Completed my custom partly-MDF Necron Pylon's prime job just before a week of rain moved in, so that's up next. I also landed a better Illuminator Szeras model from WargamesExclusive, and am not certain whether it would be worse to paint Robotits or to expend the considerable effort modeling them off.

I assume we're talking about the Black Widow model? Its chest isn't particularly egregious (certainly not as bad as their lychguard chests),

Also, as i've said before ITT, the fact that we're talking about actual bodies and not armor means it's entirely feasibly for a sentient Necron Lord to want to be more feminine/represent their pre-enslaved gender. Just like how there are Lords with a bunch of goofy jewelery and headdresses despite leading a mostly non-sentient culture with few allies to flaunt them at.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Why do the deathwatch chapter tactics still only apply to infantry/bikes/dreads. It seems so inexplicable that other than space marines/chaos space marines chapter tactics equivalents apply to the entire army, but space marines (who are usually portrayed as a combined arms force) don't get it on their vehicles.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

I assume we're talking about the Black Widow model? Its chest isn't particularly egregious (certainly not as bad as their lychguard chests),

Also, as i've said before ITT, the fact that we're talking about actual bodies and not armor means it's entirely feasibly for a sentient Necron Lord to want to be more feminine/represent their pre-enslaved gender. Just like how there are Lords with a bunch of goofy jewelery and headdresses despite leading a mostly non-sentient culture with few allies to flaunt them at.

I heard that tittycrons were the original motivation for Custodes. I mean: they both have spears right?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

I heard that tittycrons were the original motivation for Custodes. I mean: they both have spears right, how much more could you want?

Girlcrons are actually anti-custodes; many have modeled themselves off human amazons and forsake the spear, instead utilizing the net, bola, and the throwing anus

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Neurolimal posted:

Yes, it is entirely reasonable for the necrontyr to have defined themselves and their genders with metal mammary glands, which will, millions of years in the future, manifest in a tiny subset of organisms evolving on a single shitball world. That is indeed “just like” jewelry, since no other organism uses any visual cues to signify status to any additional organisms unless they’re sentient members of the same species.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

the throwing anus

txt me

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sulecrist posted:

Yes, it is entirely reasonable for the necrontyr to have defined themselves and their genders with metal mammary glands, which will, millions of years in the future, manifest in a tiny subset of organisms evolving on a single shitball world. That is indeed “just like” jewelry, since no other organism uses any visual cues to signify status to any additional organisms unless they’re sentient members of the same species.

It actually is just like jewelery, since we're talking about a race composed of living metal that they can freely shape as they wish, who are functionally immortal and can resurrect, and have personalities rather than "beep boop irrational". The point is that they dont need to give a poo poo about ballistics or practicality, as evident by giving their spooky skeleton armies' gaping ribcages.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's dumb to put titties on a robot

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Booley posted:

Why do the deathwatch chapter tactics still only apply to infantry/bikes/dreads. It seems so inexplicable that other than space marines/chaos space marines chapter tactics equivalents apply to the entire army, but space marines (who are usually portrayed as a combined arms force) don't get it on their vehicles.

Yeah it's such a weird decision choice and I don't know why they've persisted with it. The minute they wrote the Guard book and went "well, we need to give bonuses to infantry and tanks because people will want to play both" they should have realised they hosed up and just erratad all Marines.

Neurolimal posted:

It actually is just like jewelery, since we're talking about a race composed of living metal that they can freely shape as they wish, who are functionally immortal and can resurrect, and have personalities rather than "beep boop irrational". The point is that they dont need to give a poo poo about ballistics or practicality, as evident by giving their spooky skeletons gaping ribcages.

And they'd definitely want to replicate the secondary sexual characteristics of an inferior race which is squatting on their worlds. Tittycrons is 100% fetish fuel, they're loving skeletons.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It's dumb to put titties on a robot

But is it dumber to carve them off?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Corrode posted:

And they'd definitely want to replicate the secondary sexual characteristics of an inferior race which is squatting on their worlds. Tittycrons is 100% fetish fuel, they're loving skeletons.

Do we even know what necrons looked like pre-enslavement? Considering the majority of non-swarm races in 40k have two genders it seems reasonable to assume necrons were the same.

You never get this kind of reaction to models with giant dick cannons, it's weird. They're sentient crazy robot lords who randomly decide "I want a tank for legs" or "I want to be a spider" or "I want a giant cybercape" or "I want a single giant eye", but the chestplate of their expendable body is off-limits.

It's like the crazy reactions to suggesting girls could be space marines, but somehow even more silly.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Sulecrist posted:

It's a problem with how Eldar are portrayed as well although at least with the Eldar it could be hand waved away with reference to the Old Ones monkeying with the genetics of both the Eldar and humans.

It's terrible science fiction, just like the rest of 40k.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
I’ll put tits on my skeleton robots if I drat well want to, gently caress the police.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rules question: Can you use a stratagem on a unit BEFORE they disembark from a transport?
Rules read that; a unit that disembarks, even if it doesn't move further during that phase, counts as having moved for rules purposes. Also that they cannot effect or be effected by abilities whilst within the transport. Do Stratagems count as an ability for rules purposes?

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Do we even know what necrons looked like pre-enslavement? Considering the majority of non-swarm races in 40k have two genders it seems reasonable to assume necrons were the same.

You never get this kind of reaction to models with giant dick cannons, it's weird. They're sentient crazy robot lords who randomly decide "I want a tank for legs" or "I want to be a spider" or "I want a giant cybercape" or "I want a single giant eye", but the chestplate of their expendable body is off-limits.

It's like the crazy reactions to suggesting girls could be space marines, but somehow even more silly.

Here is the difference: boys and girls skeletons are almost the same. Boobs don't have bones in them.

Don't give me that 'what did the race even look like????' poo poo, the design is inspired by human skeletons despite the lore of them predating humans because it's a game and people like relatable things.

Skeletons don't have boobs. Stop this madness.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Like, if we're talking the rank-and-file then yeah it's silly to randomly give some of them tits (unless we're talking a silly Furies gimmick army) considering they aren't sentient and the lords dont care about them beyond as a resource. But the lords? They've done far wackier stuff to themselves already.

General Olloth posted:

Here is the difference: boys and girls skeletons are almost the same. Boobs don't have bones in them.

Don't give me that 'what did the race even look like????' poo poo, the design is inspired by human skeletons despite the lore of them predating humans because it's a game and people like relatable things.

Skeletons don't have boobs. Stop this madness.

That's their basic design for when they were C'Tan slaves, yeah. But now they're free and can do whatever they like to their malleable bodies. Skeletons dont have mono-eyes and eight legs, either.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Like, if we're talking the rank-and-file then yeah it's silly to randomly give some of them tits (unless we're talking a silly Furies gimmick army) considering they aren't sentient and the lords dont care about them beyond as a resource. But the lords? They've done far wackier stuff to themselves already.

It's OK to just say you want tits on your models. We're all judging you already.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

That's their basic design for when they were C'Tan slaves, yeah. But now they're free and can do whatever they like to their malleable bodies. Skeletons dont have mono-eyes and eight legs, either.

Go masturbate to your boob skeletons on dakka or something. Just stop.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

It's OK to just say you want tits on your models. We're all judging you already.

Idgaf what anyone thinks of me, I like arguing and I think the average TG "hyperventilate about any and all sex characteristics" is dumb. There's certainly a problem in nerd communities WRT female representation, but I dont think "deranged immortal robot pharoahs that replace their bodies with impractical poo poo on a whim" is the place to draw the line.

For whatever it's worth, I'm currently sculpting a leatherdaddy stand-in for Zarakynel, complete with Andrew Christian levels of package. This isnt a case of me wanting titty girl miniatures.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Every time I start to object to so many aliens being even humanoid, it gets preempted by my objection at enough aliens running on compatible amino acids for the tyranids to be able to eat everything. Or my objection at all the alien life running on what we’d call organic chemistry, for that matter. Really it’s “bad science fiction” all the way down. Clearly the 40k galaxy is a pansporia situation and most of the humanoid races were created and spread by the Old Ones.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

Why stop with just two tiddies though? Maybe they reproduced in litters and had 6 or 8 nips?

Stephenls posted:

Every time I start to object to so many aliens being even humanoid, it gets preempted by my objection at enough aliens running on compatible amino acids for the tyranids to be able to eat everything. Or my objection at all the alien life running on what we’d call organic chemistry, for that matter. Really it’s “bad science fiction” all the way down. Clearly the 40k galaxy is a pansporia situation and most of the humanoid races were created and spread by the Old Ones.

In-continuity I think there was a seeding* by the Old Ones or the Slann or some poo poo? I mean, it's stupid but there is at least a reason. All the aliens don't look like humans, it's just that humans and all the other aliens look like the seeders*.

*: :gizz:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Neurolimal posted:

Just like it's weird for people to get screechingly angry about WIMMIN IN GAMING it's also weird how some dudes just cannot let go of the idea of putting tits on everything, hth

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Convergent evolution: different species evolving in similar ways to solve a problem. In this case; boobs, or lack thereof, apparently.

Answer my rules question, you chumps!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Why stop with just two tiddies though? Maybe they reproduced in litters and had 6 or 8 nips?

If thats how you'd like to imagine them, sure.

Corrode posted:

Just like it's weird for people to get screechingly angry about WIMMIN IN GAMING it's also weird how some dudes just cannot let go of the idea of putting tits on everything, hth

I'm opposed to boob armor and whatnot on practical armor, as well as the usual eyeroll-worthy body proportions and poses you see with a lot of miniature companies (coughInfinitycough), I just think it's weird to have a panic attack over an instance where it has no practical reprecussions and is entirely feasible for the rather illogical pharoah leaders to want.

Separated from the overall context of nerd culture it's strange to be cool with sculpts with enormous spine-breaking dick cannons, but aesthetic disposable robot torsos are something to flip out at.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

If thats how you'd like to imagine them, sure.

O poo poo, the chick on Mars with three tits in Total Recall was the Dragon!

:aaaaa:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Badablack posted:

I’ll put tits on my skeleton robots if I drat well want to, gently caress the police.

Won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way won't look my way
He still won't look my way.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Irate Tree posted:

Rules question: Can you use a stratagem on a unit BEFORE they disembark from a transport?
Rules read that; a unit that disembarks, even if it doesn't move further during that phase, counts as having moved for rules purposes. Also that they cannot effect or be effected by abilities whilst within the transport. Do Stratagems count as an ability for rules purposes?

Irate Tree posted:

Convergent evolution: different species evolving in similar ways to solve a problem. In this case; boobs, or lack thereof, apparently.

Answer my rules question, you chumps!

Yes you can. They aren't affected by things which require drawing range to them because they aren't on the battlefield, but they can have stratagems used on them.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Badablack posted:

Did you intend to give off Hexadecimal vibes? Nice color scheme either way :)

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Idgaf what anyone thinks of me, I like arguing and I think the average TG "hyperventilate about any and all sex characteristics" is dumb. There's certainly a problem in nerd communities WRT female representation, but I dont think "deranged immortal robot pharoahs that replace their bodies with impractical poo poo on a whim" is the place to draw the line.

For whatever it's worth, I'm currently sculpting a leatherdaddy stand-in for Zarakynel, complete with Andrew Christian levels of package. This isnt a case of me wanting titty girl miniatures.

Nice meltadown.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

I like arguing

why?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Remember when Warhammer threads on SA mocked people like Dr Thunder instead of harbouring them as top posters.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

I just find it fun to debate stuff. If you keep an open mind at best you'll persuade someone towards your line of thinking, learn something new (be it in general or the people you're talking to) and at worst you realize you're wrong and can now have a more informed stance. I dont see any benefits to letting yourself be shouted down.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Do androids dream of electric tiddies?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

I just find it fun to debate stuff. If you keep an open mind at best you'll persuade someone towards your line of thinking, learn something new (be it in general or the people you're talking to) and at worst you realize you're wrong and can now have a more informed stance. I dont see any benefits to letting yourself be shouted down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I'm finally buying my first army, and I've decided on Tyranids. I'm looking to drop $400-450 on my first purchase, and I'm wondering what I should buy. What I come up with so far is this:

2 x Start Collecting! Tyranids = $150
2 x (12) Termagant box = $50
2 x (12) Hormagaunt box = $50
1 x Hive Tyrant = $45
2 x (3) Venomthropes = $110

Total = $410ish

I plan to make the Venomthropes into 5 Zoanthropes and a Neurothrope. I would by a Carnifex box, but everyone seems to be sold out. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
+More Tyrants
-Less Everything Else

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I demand a sprue of alternate robo-hips with a wider pelvic girdle to accomodate their robo-skeleton childbirth in order to make my squad of female space skeletons. It's like people have no respect for realism in modeling!

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Ross Perowned posted:

I'm finally buying my first army, and I've decided on Tyranids. I'm looking to drop $400-450 on my first purchase, and I'm wondering what I should buy. What I come up with so far is this:

2 x Start Collecting! Tyranids = $150
2 x (12) Termagant box = $50
2 x (12) Hormagaunt box = $50
1 x Hive Tyrant = $45
2 x (3) Venomthropes = $110

Total = $410ish

I plan to make the Venomthropes into 5 Zoanthropes and a Neurothrope. I would by a Carnifex box, but everyone seems to be sold out. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hello fellow new nids player. I got in to the hobby about six months ago.

– Hive Guard are a very safe bet and probably our best shooting unit atm with the shoot twice strategem.
– With a little bit of ingenuity and some green stuff you can also use the leftover parts from the Zoanthropes/Neurothropes to make 6 Venomthropes too. I used Gargoyle tails to do it.
– I'd personally consider making 2x Neurothropes and 4x Zoanthropes from the boxes. Neuro's are our cheapest HQ and are amazing at filling out detachments.
– Magnetising the Hive Tyrant with 6*2mm magnets takes a bit of effort, but is really worth it for (a) the different options you can put on them and (b) storage/transport (the wings are loving huge). Storage/transport is a bit of an issue for nids because they're weird sizes.
– Carnifexes are great too, and also benefit from magnetisation. I'd say they're actually a good "starter model" to get magnetising.
– Whether you make Trygons or Mawlocs from the start collecting boxes is personal preference. I've never had much luck with Trygons but Mawlocs are amazing. YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Did the Warhammer Fantasy Tomb Kings have any female characters?