Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Revol posted:

I've dealt with anxiety issues for almost 15 years. Over the past year it's been some of the worst it's ever been. I think it's been better the last few weeks (thanks to CBD), but I had a pretty bad panic attack during the Avengers movie on Saturday. It was so bad that I had to leave the theater for a few minutes, which I hate to do even for a bathroom break. But what's really bad is that it happened at the end of the movie. I toughed it out right up until Vision's mind gem was destroyed, and I came back to see Thanos and kid Gamora.

I was gone for three minutes, and I missed the most important moment in all of the Marvel movies.

Dude.

The conversation between Kid Gamora and Thanos is pretty good though. "Did you do it?" "Yes." "And what did it cost?" "Everything."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/starwars/status/991135006495072256

Way to go, us

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:lol:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Feige can be as coy as he wants, nobody with a lick of sense thinks that Marvel won't make a sequel to Black Panther because Marvel Studios aren't complete morons who love to leave gigantic mountains of money on the table. Doctor Strange 2 I could maybe believe it if you told me they weren't really making hard and fast plans for that one, but Black Panther 2? Get outta town, that movie had a sequel greenlit like two weeks after the first one dropped.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Of course it's happening. He's just being coy about when.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if don't talk openly about future projects with certain characters (even already announced ones) till A4, since A3's ending probably completely worked as intended on a significant amount of the gen-pop.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

To be fair, not the first time Lucas has done something like that when a film beat Star Wars.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
With Feige's announcement, the comic movie lineup for Comic Con this year looks... pretty bare.

There's still about 2 months to announce more things and there isn't even a final program yet, so this could change. Here's the list so far:

Marvel Studios

- No Hall H Presentations
- Avengers Infinity War Panel

Marvel Television

- Agents of SHIELD panel (rumor that current season of AoS will be the last season)
- Marvel Netflix panel (a new season for all 4 main netflix shows is confirmed. Likely to get Daredevil Season 3 footage and Q&A with new Iron Fist showrunner)
- Jeph Loeb panel about Marvel TV plans, where it goes from here, and a Q&A with audience.

Warner Brothers Studios

- Aquaman Panel (likely to get Aquaman footage)
- Panel about "The Future of the DC Universe"

DC TV

- Legends of Tomorrow presentation
- The Flash presentation and panel
- Super Girl panel
- Constantine: City of Demons panel

Dark Horse Entertainment/Campbell Grobman Films

- Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen panel

Sony Entertainment

- Venom panel

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I need to find time to see Infinity War again. Reading through the thread, it looks like I missed a bunch of little details. Don't care if it was in the trailer, Cap holding off Thanos with his strength was a great moment. Related, someone pointed out that Okyoye's Starbucks joke really didn't age well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I forgot there was another Hellboy in development

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I wonder who gets to run Wakanda now that T'Challa is... indisposed. How does the line of succession work now? Will it be M'Baku? Shuri?

quote:

With Feige's announcement, the comic movie lineup for Comic Con this year looks... pretty bare.

They just need to announce the title for Avengers 4.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Fangz posted:

I wonder who gets to run Wakanda now that T'Challa is... indisposed. How does the line of succession work now? Will it be M'Baku? Shuri?

Shuri would be queen, but presumably she'd have to fight to be Black Panther.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/991316314105905152

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That was a terrible version of It Takes Two. Movie looks good though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Super psyched for the return of Rudd's Giant-Man laugh!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The size stuff never stops being a goddam joy to watch.

Based on the first trailer and the style of the title, I thought they were going in a more pulp-y direction with this movie. Is that not the case?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Dan Didio posted:

Shuri would be queen, but presumably she'd have to fight to be Black Panther.

I think that's the opposite actually.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did we know that Laurence Fishburne was Bill Foster?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

zoux posted:

Yes. The major roles have been known for a while.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Yes, it was announced some time ago but this is the first we've seen of the character.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Jamesman posted:

The size stuff never stops being a goddam joy to watch.

That's honestly my favorite part of the trailers, just that they've clearly gone 100% all in on the gimmick and it's so much fun to watch things flying around growing and shrinking.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I’m going to be super disappointed if he doesn’t do that laugh every single time he goes giant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m going to be super disappointed if he doesn’t do that laugh every single time he goes giant.

We just rewatched CW and his OH HOHOHOHO bit when he embiggens just slays me every time.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That looks like a good fun movie.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Michael Peña continues to steal every frame he's in.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Evangeline Lilly looks like she's having a ton of fun being the Wasp, which means this is gonna be a great movie

"Are you two done comparing sizes?"
"65 feet!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Avengers 4 should open with RDJ waking up in bed.

"honey i just had the most terrible dream, I was running a super hero team in new york city..."

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

rantmo posted:

Michael Peña continues to steal every frame he's in.

Well he does play a thief :v:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That looks real fun. Lily looks like she's wanted to be The Wasp for a long time and she intends to kill it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ant-Man was my favorite one of these movies until Black Panther (and is still my favorite MCU hero) and I'm very excited for this new one.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rhyno posted:

Oh hey!

I BET SHURI COPIED VISION INTO THEIR COMPUTERS RIGHT BEFORE CORVUS HIT HER!

I was thinking this myself. She can probably use some magic Wakandan tech to make him a new body.

Perry Normal posted:

Not spoilering this cause it was in the trailers, though there's more of it in the movie, but I loved RDJ's reacting in his scenes with Star-Lord, cause they're such similarly mouthy characters and you can kind of read Tony's face like 'poo poo, is this what I come across like when I'm talking to people?'
I feel like Tony felt that he has the right to be that mouthy and self-confident, since he's a successful inventor and businessman, whereas Quill is just a space-bum scavenger.

Nodosaur posted:

Nothing can kill Ned. He's more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet.
Ned is going to save the day in Avengers 4, and become an Avenger.

Also I did not realise that it was Red Skull on Vormir. I couldn't figure out who it was supposed to be.

I also hope that now that we have Stormbreaker, Beta Ray Bill isn't far off.

Also, because it was being discussed earlier in the thread, I haven't seen Sunshine since it came out in the cinema, and had no recollection that Chris Evans was in it. I just looked up the cast, and saw Benedict Wong was in it too! I really need to watch it again.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

same.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that Chris Evans' character in Sunshine was completely right about everything and had they listened to him the mission would have gone off without a hitch. He was so awesome they had to find an excuse to not have him just save the day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

I was thinking this myself. She can probably use some magic Wakandan tech to make him a new body.

Or repair the original. I could see him lumbering around A4 with rivets in his head.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rhyno posted:

Or repair the original. I could see him lumbering around A4 with rivets in his head.
Did the Soul Stone give him his density powers though? I saw AoU fairly recently but I can't remember if it's explicitly stated in it or not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think it's stated if all his powers are derived from the stone or not in AoU. He just says he wants to understand it a few times.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Since I'm a few days too late to discuss in real time i just put some thoughts on iw together

WHERE'S VALKYRIE

Bummer that the destruction of xandar happened off screen

Dang, i really thought loki was gonna buy his way out. I called this wrong but if he is dead i don't see them resurrecting him in iw2 so i guess pretty bold of them rehabbing the character in ragnarok only to immediately kill him off lol

How the hell does the bifrost still work when Asgard the place got destroyed? Didn't the rainbow bridge control that?

Tony's new suit was actually way more awesome than i was expecting he was doing a bunch of cool poo poo through the movie

I wish they explained why hulk wouldn't let banner change. That they didn't just kinda had me in the mindset that they might've done that so hulk didn't just autowin all the fights which cheapened it a little for me

It felt a little weird that no one from the black order is named at all ever except the one time thanos refers to maw

The guardians are so on-voice compared to their solo movies i wonder if James gunn worked on the dialogue with the russos, i didn't think to check

Thanos if you want there to be balance between resources and life or whatever the gently caress, just make more resources instead of killing people you dumbshit!! Why does no one tell him to do this??

Not gonna lie, seeing dinklage as a giant made me laugh

The red skull cameo was completely unexpected and cool

Banter between Tony and strange and then Tony and Quill and then the three of them was all great and strange straight up calling Tony a douchebag made me lol

"Is footloose still the best movie ever made?!"
"It never was" :discourse:

Two parter, 1. The fight on titan was fun as hell and they weren't afraid to get a little creative combing the different gems for effect, 2. the sequence against Strange was unexpectedly great. Just in general i thought strange was a much more fun character than he was in his own movie

Bucky picking up rocket and spinning lol

I suspect that the vision thanos has when he uses (it looked like he burned the thing out, was that just me?) was the soul world and that'll be important in iw2

Tony doesn't die??? Steve didn't die either??? Spider-Man and tchalla died????????

Kinda sucks that Nick fury wasnt in this at all and then gets erased so he won't be in iw2 either wth is that all about

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I'm tempted to see it again, if only to confirm a suspicion of mine re: Valkyrie. Though I doubt it's worth $10 to be right on the internet.

Then again, over the past decade I've paid at least twice that to be wrong on the internet, so who knows.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Do you guys think the falloff on IW might be sharper? I know a ton of people who saw it as early as possible so as to avoid spoilers which may have contributed to the boffo opening, but night not be good for long returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9WhJyyTtqo

New trailer for Teen Titans Go! movie including Nic Cage Superman and really weird hearing Lego Batman as the villain.

• Locked thread