Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

so the dow is down -350 and the fed might hike rates in 30 minutes, or they might not

probably not they already did so recently. raising rates really fucks with the bond market and thats where a lot of retirees keep money so they dont have a lot of incentive to do so quickly

Epic High Five posted:

I'm showing my solidarity with historical laboring classes by eating cold pea soup and bread today, what's ur lunch folks

better be horse bread you loving poser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Colonel J posted:

we expect mccain to die tho

yeah im talking a very surprising game of thrones style death. my uncle is on the writing team, so i know, but he’ll be so pissed if I spoil anything. lets just say that this person is dumb af

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there was a post or thread in the games forum about it, like in the beginning the imperium had nazi imagery in order to help make people not think they were good and it worked but the imagery of course attracted actual nazis and now the humans are good guys fighting the evil foriegn hordes

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

juche avocado posted:

i used to (& probably still do lol ask me about getting mad at bread dough before i figured it out) struggle a lot with not being able to move past facile explanations because, while i was able to recognize them for their inadequacies and dismiss them for not getting to the heart of whatever matter, it turns out superficial simplifications are often helpful & even necessary to fully grasp before moving into the deeper grays of Well, Actuallys

just somethin im sensitive about

"ignore the entirety of history up until 18th century london" is a profoundly white and privileged take that erases the vast majority of human violence and its causes to focus on one specific bad thing, then uses that exclusivity as plain evidence of it being the cause

slavery has existed for thousands of years and continues to exist to this day because human beings are poo poo garbage monsters who do vile things to each other to get the tiniest of advantages, not because of capitalism

facile explanations are good if they're advancing your understanding towards a thing, not if they're purposely obfuscating causality and ushering you past so you dont think too hard and notice its all bullshit

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

:smugdon:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

JHomer722 posted:

HOw is this thread not flooded with plans to avenge Trump Doctor Sex Cake’s violation

we're talking about the space force now

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/991308649422295041

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Durf posted:

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Wish I was in the writers room when they settled on the aliens being called "chiggers."

yeah they are bugs, but like woah

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if i banned the practise of all religion and culture but didnt kill or imprison anyone does that make me an antisemite?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lorn Wayne posted:

ACTUALLY this happened a while back

Oh, dang. I thought he was at least still mortal.

At least I'm still mortal. :smith:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

cumshitter posted:

probably not they already did so recently. raising rates really fucks with the bond market and thats where a lot of retirees keep money so they dont have a lot of incentive to do so quickly

yeah the james bond market has been tanking since quantum of solace imo

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Mr Hootington posted:

That -350 means nothing friend

the algorithms start kicking in at around 2pm

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

:same: for my 34th next week

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

mormonpartyboat posted:

its all bullshit

trump

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

found a picture of the new lead white house attorney and doctor

tfw your cosplay stylist is holding the picture of rick upside down

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

quote:

In an exclusive interview in his Park Avenue office, Bornstein told NBC News that he felt "raped, frightened and sad" when Keith Schiller and another "large man" came to his office to collect the president's records on the morning of Feb. 3, 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsUuhW7WbIg

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sliderule posted:

if i banned the practise of all religion and culture but didnt kill or imprison anyone does that make me an antisemite?

Religion is just as valid an identity as being Incel dude

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

even people I talk to active in local politics don't know the full details of donny with regard to the russian stuff for example. they're borderline skeptical of some of it.

and that's not even getting into the other insane right wing poo poo, like Q making a digital cult on 4chan or the Kochs and other billionaires making literal VaultTec styled bunkers in Kansas and NZ

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

owns

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

what if i solved the incel rebellion by state-sponsoring brothels that were secretly reeducation facilities?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

my religion is Gamer

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

"ignore the entirety of history up until 18th century london" is a profoundly white and privileged take that erases the vast majority of human violence and its causes to focus on one specific bad thing, then uses that exclusivity as plain evidence of it being the cause

slavery has existed for thousands of years and continues to exist to this day because human beings are poo poo garbage monsters who do vile things to each other to get the tiniest of advantages, not because of capitalism

facile explanations are good if they're advancing your understanding towards a thing, not if they're purposely obfuscating causality and ushering you past so you dont think too hard and notice its all bullshit

it's teen vogue dude

i agree with you and also wasn't arguing with you and recognize that you aren't really arguing w/ me

just postin here

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

my religion is Gamer

we live in a society

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Nichael posted:

even people I talk to active in local politics don't know the full details of donny with regard to the russian stuff for example. they're borderline skeptical of some of it.

and that's not even getting into the other insane right wing poo poo, like Q making a digital cult on 4chan or the Kochs and other billionaires making literal VaultTec styled bunkers in Kansas and NZ

trump was never in that room for that period of time, whats so hard to understand

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nichael posted:

Maybe people just think your a loony libtard who's parroting fake news in an unfair and unethical smear of the president, who's just a normal guy who's trying his best even with all these shrill harpies nagging him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nichael posted:

wait, hold on, WHO is the president?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

You'd think, as a scientist, he would have some ideas wrt granting his own wish.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Nichael posted:

lol if ur active in politics discussions and dont just awkwardly change the subject and stare at your shoes when someone brings it up

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

trump!

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Nichael posted:

Kochs and other billionaires making literal VaultTec styled bunkers in Kansas and NZ
:eyepop:
source please.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

my religion is Gamer

m...mods?

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

extremely same tbqh

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sliderule posted:

what if i solved the incel rebellion by state-sponsoring brothels that were secretly reeducation facilities?

I don't think the faithful will be tricked by your prostitute scheme and they will continue to demand fair redistribution of submissive pussy

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Nichael posted:

the Kochs and other billionaires making literal VaultTec styled bunkers in Kansas and NZ

where's the stories on this. i love security companies grifting rich people to build complexes that will inevitably be giant loving targets the instant poo poo hits the fan

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

:yeah:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

rear end cobra posted:

:same: for my 34th next week

Hey, I just had my 34th a few weeks ago.

I didn't bother wishing for anything, though.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lorn Wayne posted:

lol if ur active in politics discussions and dont just awkwardly change the subject and stare at your shoes when someone brings it up

all my discussions are politics now. it's literally just constant trmup on cspam and 90% of the rest of my time is campaign stuff.

TRMUP

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Piss Tape in Norwegian is "Piss Tape"

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol the college military teams can barely win in number of rapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

better be horse bread you loving poser

I sympathizing with Germanic peasants today because it's pretzel bread, although maybe border ones because I also had some baguette

• Locked thread