Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Well jeez guys, I know I’m not done, I’ve still got all those cool would building side quests to do, I just don’t care about spoilers anymore.

and also achievements to buy??? Because Yoko Taro just chilled the gently caress out on that front?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

We’re telling you to go back and pick the other option at the end, not to worry about side quests just yet.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Just complete E as well, it will all make sense then, well it won't really make sense... but its important you do it without spoiling urself first. Just use chapter select and pick the option you didn't the first time.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Choyi posted:

Just complete E as well, it will all make sense then, well it won't really make sense... but its important you do it without spoiling urself first. Just use chapter select and pick the option you didn't the first time.

Also be careful what options you select when the credits roll after completing A, B, C and D so you don't blow past E like some dummy (me.)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Feel free to do whatever you want through chapter select imo, there's plenty of fun to be had, but when you're ready to call it a day on the game don't forget to play through the ending again

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

How much of the DLC is worthwhile and not just a slog I should read the LP for? I’m guessing most/all of it is on par with the base game but it’s still nice to know in case.

The average player will tell you it's overpriced and should be $5 instead of $15.

The costumes are locked to near the end of the game. But if you still have a bunch of unfinished sidequests at the end, that gives you an excuse to use the costumes longer, if you care about that.

The bonus challenges are actually fun but short. Bonus story and ending are okay but feel like bonus content.

Whether it's worth it boils down to how in love with the game you are, and how much of a signal you think you'd be sending to Squenix to hurry up and fund the drat sequel.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujJsJz7xvkQ&t=2697s

Hi I'm just dropping this rendition of Emil's theme here in this thread in case some of you haven't heard it because it's the most incredible Nier thing I've ever heard. It is truly incredible and it keeps getting better for the entire song.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My spherical son...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
throw a chorus in anything and it instantly becomes my poo poo

edit: I'm listening to the entire thing and Mourning is beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujJsJz7xvkQ&t=1712s

edit2: I just got to Alien Manifestation, what the gently caress

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 21, 2018

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I'm glad you shared this. Mourning is probably my favorite interpretation so far. I knew where it was heading from those first couple of notes, and it absolutely delivered.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Copied City is my second favorite track on there. I never knew I wanted a post-rock rendition of the Automata soundtrack until this morning.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Still no PC patch? :negative: I thought waiting like 6 months was enough time.

e: oh its a square enix game. I totally forgot that part.

buglord fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 22, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I just realized how hosed up the Pascal remix is, considering what happens in the game :smith:

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I got Ending E earlier. My partner actually teared up as he watched.

What a good freaking game.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is the DLC worth picking up? It's half off at the moment on Steam.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

Is the DLC worth picking up? It's half off at the moment on Steam.

Depends what you want from the game, I suppose. It's the game's best combat arenas, and there's some plot. Not tons of game, but if you just want a little more Automata, it shouldn't disappoint.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The DLC is on sale. It's mostly combat challenges and some cosmetics right?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

looks like the DLC is on sale on Steam. Is it worth getting?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

The DLC is on sale. It's mostly combat challenges and some cosmetics right?

Mostly, yeah. It's got some plot content, and it's interesting, but most of it's the combat arenas.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

looks like the DLC is on sale on Steam. Is it worth getting?

Have you ever wanted to beat up the CEO of square enix who is secretly a villain from dragon ball z

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

guys you broke the chain

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, sorry. I saw that the DLC is on sale, is it worth picking up

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is the DLC worth buying full price or should I wait for a sale?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Well Ending E sure was a thing. i offered help, how many people did the same? Only felt right.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Well Ending E sure was a thing. i offered help, how many people did the same? Only felt right.

Of course.

Took time before I was ready, but I got around to it in the end.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah I think I only had the unit data sidequest and one unmarked one for 2B left for completionist stuff. It really is nice in that context that someone can buy achievements and not actually lose much of substance.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

You helped Emil first right?

What kind of monster would abandon a friend?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, like I said I only had the Data Collection sidequest one left, and while I’m pretty sure I could have cleared it with amusement park kills, that probably would have meant killing the happy robots. That really should have capped at 85%.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

In case anyone missed it, if you've gotten Ending E be sure to read/watch https://theark.wiki/w/Farewell

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

TalkLittle posted:

In case anyone missed it, if you've gotten Ending E be sure to read/watch https://theark.wiki/w/Farewell

Oh dear :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Make sure you click the 'Expand' box at the bottom and read the actual ending

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I don't care if it comes straight from the same guy who directed the game, anything outside the game after the ending is NOT canon :colbert:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Well gently caress.

I mean for a short story it brought nice closure but bummer

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Click expand and read the actual ending dammit, the first one is a fakeout!!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

CJacobs posted:

read the actual ending dammit, the first one is a fakeout!!
It's pretty funny people still need to be told that for a Nier thing

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Click expand and read the actual ending dammit, the first one is a fakeout!!

At the very end it says that the new new ending was made because the old new ending got leaked and spoiled by the concert booklet or something.

Absum
May 28, 2013

EightFlyingCars posted:

At the very end it says that the new new ending was made because the old new ending got leaked and spoiled by the concert booklet or something.

It actually says the first ending was intentionally spoiled and only changed right before the concert as a fake-out. That looks unconfirmed though but idk.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Yoko Taro pulled off the most masterful troll.
Again.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I still prefer the ambiguity of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I look forward to NieR 3 re-retconning that ending so that everyone dies horribly and miserablyyet again.