Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Quicksilver is literally the best WBU killer in the game right now. If you can't beat it with him then no one else is gonna cut it for you. Wolverine is also pretty good, do you have bad cards or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I must be missing something with WBU as I cannot take down anyone in it. Wolverine is as powerful as I can make him, with isos and urus beefed up as much as I can, but he can only do about %50 damage before he gets overwhelmed. Q slightly less, and cable can't do squat.

I used my T2 on Red Hulk as Satana was next on my list to t2 but for some reason she wasn't eligible, which is weird because Helstrum is. I think someone mentioned Rulk was good offhandedly once.

I've got enough crystals to buy one more costume, I'm thinking of either iron man or thor, but I have the CW costume for IM and Rag for Thor, so maybe Proxima Midnight, who is the current WB i'm leveling.

I guess it depends on your cards and strikers, but quicksilver and wolv should be able to get you kills. With quicksilver I just do 3, 5, 4. My Wolv can't face tank the higher levels though, so just around if you need while waiting for his 4 into 5.

edit: actually Wolv might depend on if you were using him in extreme ab and have a snare resist ob on him.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ok finally got Robbie Reyes T2 so that makes him my second after Sharon.

Any suggestions as to who to use on my free T2 pick? I'm split between Titania, Singularity, or maybe a speed character

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

verbal enema posted:

Ok finally got Robbie Reyes T2 so that makes him my second after Sharon.

Any suggestions as to who to use on my free T2 pick? I'm split between Titania, Singularity, or maybe a speed character

Do you have Hulk at Tier 2? Because he's also very good at fighting Proxima on Ultimate Mode. Particularly if you have his Ragnarok costume.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm leaning on using my T2 Selector on Destroyer, Heimdal, or Angela since I want someone who I haven't spent gear resources on yet and probably a Universal. Probably Destroyer. But I'm gonna hang on just to make sure there's no one new added for the 3rd Anniversary.

twistedmentat posted:

I must be missing something with WBU as I cannot take down anyone in it. Wolverine is as powerful as I can make him, with isos and urus beefed up as much as I can, but he can only do about %50 damage before he gets overwhelmed. Q slightly less, and cable can't do squat.

I used my T2 on Red Hulk as Satana was next on my list to t2 but for some reason she wasn't eligible, which is weird because Helstrum is. I think someone mentioned Rulk was good offhandedly once.

I've got enough crystals to buy one more costume, I'm thinking of either iron man or thor, but I have the CW costume for IM and Rag for Thor, so maybe Proxima Midnight, who is the current WB i'm leveling.

The Strange Epic Quest characters aren't eligible for selectors but Hellstorm is for some reason. Its probably a bug but its been there since I started playing.

The thing with WBU seems to be hidden attributes the bosses have. You gotta tweak your strikers and bonuses to counter them. In general I just google "Proxima World Boss Ultimate Future Fight" or something like that and see what people say about it on Reddit or somewhere. There's usually some trick. With Proxima its that she seems to have really high energy resistance so you gotta go at her with physical people. But it gets tricky. Under the old rules one of the (Supergiant?) had something nuts like a 75% attack decrease for any non-clone. So I could beat her with Loki's clones but that was it.

I really haven't done anyone besides Proxima since the World Boss upgrade so all I can say is go at it with Quicksilver and/or Wolverine, a Physical Attack Leadership (Beast, Gorgon, etc) or an applicable all attack bonus (Magneto, She Hulk, Medusa, etc) and a bunch of physical strikers and/or "increase/decrease damage to/from Super Villains" buffs and see what you can do. If you can't win then maybe tweak your cards.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Question IRL posted:

Do you have Hulk at Tier 2? Because he's also very good at fighting Proxima on Ultimate Mode. Particularly if you have his Ragnarok costume.

But Hulk is lame :saddowns: ah well guess I can't have ALL my teams be hot comic babes plus Robbie My Skull Son

I do like Hulk I his other weaponry outfit with the sword and shield though

My only t2s are Sharon and Robbie since I CANT PICK AGENT VENOM WITH THE SELECTOR EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HIM

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

thechalkoutline posted:

OH MY GOD QUICKSILVER IS THE NEW GOD OF WBU

He literally cleared it in 1/10th of the time it took Jean, Strange, anyone

He cleared stage 5 in ~7 seconds!

Mother of god I had only ever used him in PvP

I must be missing something, my quicksilver does nowhere near that damage and I have maxed gears and dmg boost obelisk and dmg boost is set? My best wbu clearer is wolverine who I can do +12 with because he doesn't die and takes a whole bar every time I hit his 5 skill. My quicksilver slowly whittles her down but always dies due to having no healing before I'm anywhere close to halfway done with her life bars.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The key to Quicksilver is to keep him in iframes with the 4 and 2. You can whip up the 5 cyclone and as soon as its going hit 4. If you don't you'll stand around vulnerable. If you do you'll deal iframed damage along with the cyclone and by the time your 4 iframes are done your 5 cyclone should have reset. Then sometimes I hit the 2 if the 5 hasn't reset yet. If you time it right Quicksilver should take no damage.

I think I'm supposed to work 3 into but somewhere along the line i just got lazy with the 5-4 thing.

Also I always give him a physical attack leader for the extra boost.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I fiddled around with QS isos and urus and was able to bring down PM WBU.

So that's something.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Make sure you’re actually letting that 4 skill fully play out. So far the first 7 difficulties have been a joke for me with him.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I used the t2 selector from today on Star-Lord in the vain hope that he'll get another nearly identical looking costume for this movie in wave 2, and that will finally make him usable as something other than a stat stick to swap off of or let die immediately. That isn't the important thing I did with a gift today though.

You know that premium box we got?

Infinitely full of hype. Finally found a use for the mega-t2 that'd been mocking me in my inventory for like a year now. This is a good anniversary.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I guess that’s better than 32 Phil Coulston bios.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

32 Phil Could in bios?
I wish I got that. My 32 Black Cat bios has you beat.

My personal theory is since the costume sale was only for 7 days (it ends tomorrow) that they will put new costumes for sale this week. Probably Black Dwarf, Ebony Maw, Scarlet Witch, Star Lord. Maybe Hulk and some others.

They might also release a new Ultimate World Boss mode and let another character advance to Tier 3.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They are doing a facebook live Q&A at 9:30pm EST and I'm not sure how pathetic I am in whether or not I'll watch it.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I just got Lincoln upgraded to 4* so I think I win this round.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Some tips for WBU: she's energy resistant so you're supposed to use strong physical guys against her, hence why QS/Wolvering/X-23/Thanos/Vulture/Angel, etc. are good against her.

Strange and Jean can pull it but they will top out in the difficulty rankings well before the physical guys (assuming they're geared equally)

Lastly, remove debuff poo poo like Wasp, Malekith, or just guys w Snare Immune gear are pretty huge, this is because Proxima has a LONG CC and if it lines up with her ult, any character will get one-shot

So tl;dr the current meta for Prox WBU is physical attackers, ideally physical on-attack strikers that give attack% or supervillain%, and most importantly, guys with super loving long iframes (QS, Vulture, Angel), second best are guys with a lot of self-healing (Wolverine, Hulk, X-23, etc.), second best because you'll have to actually play the game and dodge a little, and if you have none of those you'll need remove debuff teammates or gear

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

use wolverine and quicksilver together. when you beat wbu stages you level up some world boss bonus meter and gain damage and defense bonuses so the first clears are the hardest.

edit: oh nm you got it

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

If you had to pick between one for sheer total strength, would you get Corvus or Bucky uni? I only have enough for one and I want this guy for WBU Prox

Please hurry I only have <24h left

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was debating the same thing and went with Bucky. All I can say is I button mashed a Proxima Ultimate 1 with him and he ripped her to shreds. So it's feeling like an ok choice.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AzraelNewtype posted:

I used the t2 selector from today on Star-Lord in the vain hope that he'll get another nearly identical looking costume for this movie in wave 2, and that will finally make him usable as something other than a stat stick to swap off of or let die immediately. That isn't the important thing I did with a gift today though.

You know that premium box we got?

Infinitely full of hype. Finally found a use for the mega-t2 that'd been mocking me in my inventory for like a year now. This is a good anniversary.

Holy poo poo. What a pull.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

Make sure you’re actually letting that 4 skill fully play out. So far the first 7 difficulties have been a joke for me with him.

Yea don't have a problem with that. it was fairly early on after realizing how the game works that you need to wait for animations to stop before hitting another skill on characters.

I got 32 doc ock bios, thanks. And I decided to use my last batch of crystals to get the PM costume. There will be uniform sales in the future I can get the Thor one at. Plus when IW gets released on Digital or BRD we'll see another batch of unis. Hopefully.

To think, if Marvel Heroes was still around, we would have gotten playable Thanos.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got 4/5 Proxima 9s today. New one was Hulk with Wasp and Coulson on the sides. I might not actually need them now that I am learning Hulk. He's an absolute beast, but I just never really used him till now because i didn't have the need. But not only did he get me the 4th team but he beat the 100 second challenge so now that's off the list. I only need 4 more clears and 1 Hulk clear to unlock 10 so I should get that done tomorrow.

Hulk-Wasp-Coulson
Magneto-Jean-Apocalypse
Gorgon-Wolverine-Angel
Beast-Quicksilver-Black Panther

Gonna play around more with those tomorrow. Never used Titania's leadership or Shuri's team buff. Apocalypse seems like he should be able to lead his own team. I tried to do a 5th team with Winter Soldier-Cap-Widow but might try BP in that mix tomorrow. I'm having way more fun with World Boss now as its new challenges and problem solving trial and error stuff, but it feels more accessible than the old Ultimate. And as each boss opens up Ultimate there should be a new challenge, which is cool and should keep my busy for awhile.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
How does Anti Man size up? I've got him at 5* and would dig having him built up to back up blue marvel on a team.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

HebrewMagic posted:

How does Anti Man size up? I've got him at 5* and would dig having him built up to back up blue marvel on a team.

He’s amazing. One of the best universal chars. His bios are just a pain to get.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Does anyone know how to tell when Proxima is going to use her Ult?

The game constantly spams at me that she's going to but it doesn't line up with the actual 5* (the purple circles that one-shot you)

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

There's so much poo poo going on that I can't tell anything tbh.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I'm just button mashing my face off with her.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

thechalkoutline posted:

Does anyone know how to tell when Proxima is going to use her Ult?

The game constantly spams at me that she's going to but it doesn't line up with the actual 5* (the purple circles that one-shot you)

There is more than one ult, I think. There are the purple circles, the green circles, and the stun lock. Basically, when it says that the ultimate is coming, I run away from her like from Thanos’ meteors.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am glad I grabbed the iron man uni, it looks awesome and pretty powerful.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Has anyone noticed any difference in rewards between the ranks? I'm doing 10 but I haven't bothered to track the rewards from before...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

10 has a better mystery box but that's all I've really noticed. If you can do 10 it's probably worth it for that but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of doing 9 over 1.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

The rewards for the actual gear upgrade materials for T3 are actually the same between 1-9?!?

If that's true I'm only doing 1 wtf

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So from my experiments.

WBU goes from 1 to X. (Probably 60.)
1-9 gives a white reward box. People say 10 gives a green box. Going by that metric, it probably goes up to red (Mythic.)

Changing the level from 1 to 9 seems to increase Proximas hit points. (She still lists as having 15 health bars, but when you lose a fight to her it says her actual hit points.)

It also increases the recommended Valour to take her on. Not sure what that does.

There is also a change to the attack underneath her portrait. Which I guess means one of her special attacks does extra damage.

But as far ad I can see the rewards for Proxima 1 and 9 are the same. All random.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Which alliance has an open spot and is paying attention to applications?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

thechalkoutline posted:

The rewards for the actual gear upgrade materials for T3 are actually the same between 1-9?!?

If that's true I'm only doing 1 wtf

I mean, I don't know that for sure but they're listed as the same and I haven't noticed higher numbers or output at 9 than 1. But maybe it matters in teh long run? I really don't know.

For now I'm doing the 9s to open 10. Once I do I'll probably do as many 10s as I can comfortably do and then a bunch of 1s when I get frustrated.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man what is with these notifications? Said I got a Premium Character box and I don't!

Why must they trick me! I always fall for it too.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Don't forget to spend your event thingies today, I almost did.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think they just throw up the daily prize announcement mid day but it comes to your box earlier. Or at least always remember to restart the app to make sure you get any prizes since they don't show unless you close and open it.

NmareBfly posted:

Don't forget to spend your event thingies today, I almost did.

poo poo, I completely did.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I got a week of that new stark box thing to try. First 3-4 were piddly amounts of gold. Yesterday I got 200 energy. Today I got a 6* rank up or so I thought. Went right to Titania and bumped her from 5 to 6 for her leadership. Then I checked my inventory and I had 2, 3, 4 and 5 star rank ups I didn't have yesterday. Whoops. Took Ironheart up to 5 since she and kid kaiju are my last two premiums and he might get this week's mega 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I tried the Stark Box too and I have gotten nothing but clear tickets :geno: