Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Truant posted:

Dusty Divot is fuckin doooooope :toot:

Those crystals make everything WILD

it's S3 Tilted numbers of people without Tilted amounts of loot, that's not good :colbert:

meanwhile Tilted is weirdly chill this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nullsmack posted:

How do you use the sprays? I dug around in the keybinds but couldn't find the one for that.

Like any other emote, it will spray onto closest to cursor surface.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it's S3 Tilted numbers of people without Tilted amounts of loot, that's not good :colbert:

Just give it a few days and tilted will be 2/3s old Tilted, unless there are undisclosed loot nerfs (didn't feel like it). I imagine everyone is now dropping divot/haunted/flush due to new season hype and first week challenges.

But yeah my TT experience today is like a handful solemn buildlords at a time so you basically walk out sweating and exhausted after 2 kills.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 1, 2018

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

patch didn't include a fix for me to survive a gun fight. boring.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Attitude Indicator posted:

patch didn't include a fix for me to survive a gun fight. boring.

Get good scrublord.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Out of all this week's challenges, "Search 7 chests in Haunted Hills" ended up being the hardest. Lol at barely sneaking past an intense gunfight between like five assholes and trying to find a single chest.

Being able to shuffle cosmetics owns.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I dropped tilted and I was the only one there. It felt really weird and eerie. :ohdear:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Random cosmetics is the one of the season’s highlights for me for sure.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

keyframe posted:

I dropped tilted and I was the only one there. It felt really weird and eerie. :ohdear:

It's like the comet destroyed the experience of Tilted. But it'll probably be back to normal after everyone gets used to the new content.

I didn't know the sprays were emotes. That's weird, but not unexpected.
I had some time to dig into the UI but not enough to start a game.
What's the new wheel for emotes look like? I read something in the patch notes about being able to use any of your emotes in game.

Is there a new LTM to replace 50v50?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I miss the last few days of chaos meteors blasting through structures. Oh well time to get blasted on bath salts moon rocks and jump over dudes

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

A Man and his dog posted:

Lmao if we gonna talk accuracy the loving Hand Cannon pistol needs to be a bit more on point.

It's hitscan and 100% accurate when in first-shot accuracy - only thing that could account for seeming inaccuracy would be desync, which sucks but probably won't go away until the current iteration of the internet does.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So this loot llama refund...

I think it's one stash per 5 (or 10) regular llamas purchased in the past?
Either way: I have a problem.

--------------

Each of these ALSO contains 500 event tickets, which is enough for an event llama.
I am going to be opening these for an hour (because of the 'pick a card' pauses).

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 1, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

keyframe posted:

I had this happen in a solo one time and the circled closed on tilted. I spent my time destroying the skyscrappers until someone killed. Had about half the place leveled eith exlposives and pickaxe. :zpatriot:

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

DarkDobe posted:

--------------

Each of these ALSO contains 500 event tickets, which is enough for an event llama.
I am going to be opening these for an hour (because of the 'pick a card' pauses).

I had 28 and I got poo poo, I can’t wait for re-rolls.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

DarkDobe posted:

--------------

I just recently found out you can hold down the mouse button to fast forward through the openings, except those pick a card pauses. I'd prefer an option to skip right to the screen that shows you everything.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I killed 200 survivors to make space to all my new weapons.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

DarkDobe posted:

--------------

Keep most of them, free future event llamas.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

They seriously killed it with the new season. And the next season seeming like it could be Hollywood themed is even better.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I got 13 troll llamas and 14 event llamas and made bank!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

okay, Dusty Divot sucks rear end

there is not nearly enough loot there for the insane number of people dropping any given game

if you're one of the first on the ground, or first to a chest, it's pretty much guaranteed you'll get 5+ kills, but good fuckin luck doing that because of how it's arranged (you will pop your chute way above the base)

Dive out well before the bus reaches Dusty, so your chute opens a square away and juuuuuust as you're about to hit the ground you glide over the crater and land 5-10 seconds before people who jumped out later, allowing you to loot and start hunting all the unarmed sightseers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ran into a person with the omega costume.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Kiranamos posted:

They seriously killed it with the new season. And the next season seeming like it could be Hollywood themed is even better.

I was getting the impression that this WAS a Hollywood theme. There's tons of new recording studios dotted around the map, some new villain/hero bases (the mansion north of the racetrack, a missile silo to the east of Snobby Shores), also a sitcom set to the east of the junkyard.
Also if you unlock this week's loading screen and look at the item description it's a kind of short diary log that talks about how a recording session was interrupted by the comet strike. Conceptually this seems to be a fun mashup of Hollywood and actual space bullshit. .

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Now that crossbows are out I’m getting way more early game rocket launchers which is A1

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
This season will be a ton of fun with space crack. The two upgradeable heroes look pretty sick as the unlockable armor pieces get applied. While it was fun to hail Mary crossbow shots I'm okay with it being gone.

Can't wait to see how things evolve throughout the season. The dance club at the warehouses near flush is loud as gently caress you can hear it in like that whole area.

Whoever does the music for the dances and dance floors is doing am amazing job.

I can't say enough how well Epic seems to be handling this game. I was certain the servers would have poo poo themselves today like every modern game does on update day. The battle pass is always fun challenges. While the stand alone skins are a bit pricy. I have no complaints. Apparently Skeleton Trooper accounts are selling for like $400. While it is tempting, got to hold onto that bony boi

all the ladies say I fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 2, 2018

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

FauxLeather posted:

I was getting the impression that this WAS a Hollywood theme. There's tons of new recording studios dotted around the map, some new villain/hero bases (the mansion north of the racetrack, a missile silo to the east of Snobby Shores), also a sitcom set to the east of the junkyard.
Also if you unlock this week's loading screen and look at the item description it's a kind of short diary log that talks about how a recording session was interrupted by the comet strike. Conceptually this seems to be a fun mashup of Hollywood and actual space bullshit. .

It's funny, I was thinking all the Hollywood stuff was a tease and that the theme was sci-fi, but now that I've seen the huge number of changes and rewards, it must be what you're describing.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

okay, Dusty Divot sucks rear end

there is not nearly enough loot there for the insane number of people dropping any given game

if you're one of the first on the ground, or first to a chest, it's pretty much guaranteed you'll get 5+ kills, but good fuckin luck doing that because of how it's arranged (you will pop your chute way above the base)

its just novelty, after a week or two people will stop beelining to the big clearly marked new spot in favour of looking for other cool poo poo

AAB posted:

I miss the last few days of chaos meteors blasting through structures. Oh well time to get blasted on bath salts moon rocks and jump over dudes

im sad i never got to see a meteor strike :(

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Can someone summarize the new STW changes?

(Also it's kinda surreal hearing people ding on the crossbow in BR, cause the Valentine's Day skinned xbow in STW is loving hilarious and just deletes Mist Monsters like nobody's business while spamming heart particle effects.)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

is it worth buying the battle pass if I only play a game or two a day and do challenges? I'm a gamerdad so I dont ahve a ton of time, wondering if i'd get my moneys worth.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

queeb posted:

is it worth buying the battle pass if I only play a game or two a day and do challenges? I'm a gamerdad so I dont ahve a ton of time, wondering if i'd get my moneys worth.

Well, they're purely cosmetic rewards, but the season is quite long so a couple of games a day would add up to half the rewards, at the very least, and more if you do the treasure hunts etc as some of your games.

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico

queeb posted:

I have a lot of fun with the challenges. If you don't spoiler the "treasure hunt" stuff it's fun to try and figure then out. I was able to find all of them from season 3 and enjoyed the challenge from the vague clues.

Even if you don't unlock everything (or even anything at all) 2 skins for :10bux: isn't bad compared to the price of anything else.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

queeb posted:

This was me last season. I think i went a whole month through without playing in the middle and i still almost got the level 100 skin. I enjoyed it and think its worth :10bux: if only to give you something to do and make you try different weapons.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
How doable is hitting level 100 without spending money? I don't mind spending a bit to buy 10-15 levels but it's my first battle pass and I have no idea what to expect from it progression-wise.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Azran posted:

How doable is hitting level 100 without spending money? I don't mind spending a bit to buy 10-15 levels but it's my first battle pass and I have no idea what to expect from it progression-wise.

It’s fairly straightforward if you can maintain some semblance of regular play (like an hour or two per day averaging over the entire season). Just do your challenges.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Azran posted:

Very doable, particularly if you use modes like 50v50 to bang out a whole lot of challenges and treasure hunts.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

You can do that all in normal modes too unless you get paralysed by incoming fire.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Azran posted:

if you dont mind spending to get the last few levels just wait til the season is coming to an end before you buy them (if you even need to at that point). i bought in on something like week 7 or 8 of the last season because i was kinda drunk and having fun and i still hit level 50something i think

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I really like that even though there are Black Panther skins running around already from the people willing to buy like 100 levels on day one, nobody can get the “real” tier 100 skin unless they earn it through actually playing. It’s a really clever little addition to this season’s battlepass.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

When is 50v50 coming back on PC, that's the only good mode to me. It's way more fun to dick around there.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I hope we get a 50v50 this season. It’s the only reason I was able to get the sniper rifle achievements last season. I’ve done all the challenges this week but still 0/500 on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I hope we get a 50v50 this season. It’s the only reason I was able to get the sniper rifle achievements last season. I’ve done all the challenges this week but still 0/500 on that.

I had to do it in sniper battle v2 last time. Hopefully they do that one again. Even in a mode with just sniper rifles it still took me an embarrassing amount of time.