Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Free Remedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Medicare for all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crows Turn Off posted:

Why, is the XBOneX not selling well? I haven't heard much about it, but I honestly don't visit sites or threads talking about it very much.

It is selling but it had no impact on closing the gap with ps4 because the people buying it are either first adopter a/v wackos looking for the best possible asscreed experience or xbox fanboys that are embarrassed by their terrible launch console. Its too expensive for consumers vs the 189 dollars the s sells for or ps4 slim.

If it was doing gangbusters ms would be raving about it but instead they are stuck talking about how they lead the industry in made up stats like engagement.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They are free apparently rumors after quantum break flopped were that they were starting ps exclusive and multiplat projects but its been a few years of silence

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Bombadilillo posted:

You can play on pc. I got it on a sale and got bored halfway and didn't finish. It's a pretty generic cover shooter. It's about as xboxie as you can get.

Isnt it windows 10 only?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

Isnt it windows 10 only?

No lol rumor was it sold so bad they hit a contract trigger that let them do a steam version

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Real hurthling! posted:

No lol rumor was it sold so bad they hit a contract trigger that let them do a steam version

Ah poo poo I was actually interested in giving it a shot, I will add it to my wishlist for a sale.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Finally beat her. gently caress you, Sigrun.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Finally beat her. gently caress you, Sigrun.

:hfive: I did that. Found out it's the biggest challenge and well. Kiryu Needs to play darts.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You haven't bested God of War until you've taken on the greatest challenge of them all: Trial 1 in Muspelheim on Impossible.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I actually beat that before I fought sigrun lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

They are free apparently rumors after quantum break flopped were that they were starting ps exclusive and multiplat projects but its been a few years of silence

Every so often I consider buying a 360 to play Alan wake

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Every so often I consider buying a 360 to play Alan wake

It’s worth it honestly.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Alan wake on pc too.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Is it feasible to go from Yakuza 0 to Yakuza 6 with some youtubing? Because I'm interested in playing Yakuza 6 but I'm not playing 7 games and I'm definitely not going back to playing a 2009 game I don't have nostalgia for in TYOOL 2018. Not sure how I never played the series before but here we are.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nail Rat posted:

Is it feasible to go from Yakuza 0 to Yakuza 6 with some youtubing? Because I'm interested in playing Yakuza 6 but I'm not playing 7 games and I'm definitely not going back to playing a 2009 game I don't have nostalgia for in TYOOL 2018. Not sure how I never played the series before but here we are.

6 has like 25 mins of narrated slides you can watch covering each game

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nail Rat posted:

Most people are doing that, and maybe sticking Kiwami (the very enhanced remake of 1) in the middle. Trying to marathon through all the games would be brutal.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

0 to kiwami to 6. It fills in the blanks at the start of 6 and has a text recap of all the games in the start screen.

Kiwami is a direct continuation of 0 story. Play them in a row (probably with some time off between)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Alan wake on pc too.

Some music rights expired so they yanked the PC version. And the music was actually tied to the plot so they couldn't just patch it out.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Some music rights expired so they yanked the PC version. And the music was actually tied to the plot so they couldn't just patch it out.

Really? Should I never uninstall it or can you just not buy it anymore?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Alright, I'll do 0 -> Kiwami -> 6 then. I'll see how I feel about doing Kiwami 2 at some point too but honestly I play about 2-3 games a year now so this is already setting my plate up to be be full after Dad of War!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

Alright, I'll do 0 -> Kiwami -> 6 then. I'll see how I feel about doing Kiwami 2 at some point too but honestly I play about 2-3 games a year now so this is already setting my plate up to be be full after Dad of War!

Even at that pace, I'd play something in between games. 0 can last you 80 hours of you get crazy into the 2 big side games.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Alan Wake could have been cool, but for having such a focus on graphics, the facial animation and lip-syncing was abysmal, they didn't even try. It was bad even for its time, like what the hell was that about. Very distracting and bad.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I have a xbonex and a ps4 pro. I'm the autistic nephew

Alan Wake is v good but I remember being pissed off by the ending. Did the DLC add anything plot-wise?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

Really? Should I never uninstall it or can you just not buy it anymore?

It’s just not for sale. I can redownload a lot of games I own on Steam that have been pulled from sale.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Sony probably wants to drag this console generation out as long as they can, while Microsoft needs a new generation for a reset. As long as they are going to put their exclusives on Win10, I really don't see the point in ever purchasing one of their consoles.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I'm still kinda miffed Quantum Break is Xbox1 exclusive and actually staying that way, because it looks fun. But considering the other dozen games I've got, I can live without it.

It’s pretty bad you aren’t missing out on much. I struggled to even finish it even though it’s like 6 hours long.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I think MS wants to quietly back out of consoles altogether and just sell proprietary Windows gaming machines, as the X-Box was originally envisioned.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

I think MS wants to quietly back out of consoles altogether and just sell proprietary Windows gaming machines, as the X-Box was originally envisioned.

Its pretty clear the new leadership told them that xbox exists to serve windows first and foremost. Everything theyve done since nadella took over ms has been a move to push people to windows 10 store and get them to use unwanted microsoft things like mixer. Mixr? Idk.
The xbox division dont even seem to have the funds to buy games anymore like 2013-2016. All their effort is in subscriptions to stuff they already own.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
To those people who have played both: do you prefer Persona 5 or Tales of Berseria?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The only thing that kept me interested in the Xbox was Halo and after they hosed that up with 4 and especially 5 I lost interest completely.

...! posted:

To those people who have played both: do you prefer Persona 5 or Tales of Berseria?

P5 for me. I couldn't get into Berseria at all. I think it was the goofy weapon armor management.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

...! posted:

Tales easily.

It’s got a much better story but it depends on what you want as tales is an ARPG while Persona is a fairly bog standard turn based one.

Persona 5 is stylish but story wise very bland.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

P5 good
Tales games meh even supposed good ones

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
When P5 was good, it was great. When P5 wanted me to press X through repetitive dialogue for a few hours between Palaces, it was very much not.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be honest unless you are very into turn based RPGs I wouldn’t recommend Persona 5 at all.

Even then there are better options out there.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm looking for something new to play with my girlfriend and I was thinking a Lego game would be a good fit.

I played Marvel Super Heroes a few years ago with a friend and we had an absolute blast 100%ing it but I see there's now a Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 and a Lego Marvel Avengers??

Can anyone tell me what the difference between those two are? What you would recommend? I'm really confused by it. Not sure if Marvel Avengers is a compilation collection or a whole new brand or ahhhhhhhhh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I’m about 40 hours into Berseria now and I like what I’ve played but the story is really beginning to drag and I think it should have started wrapping things up around the 30 hour mark. Reason being they only had the budget for like three locations so they have to keep contriving reasons for sending you back and forth between them, which has really slowed everything down to a crawl. The characters are all great though and the combat isn’t too terrible for a JRPG.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I have 0 but honestly when I get in the mood for Yakuza would it be alright to just grab 6? Gf and I played some hours into 0 and enjoyed it a lot but I don’t know. We didn’t stick with it and I’m always chasing that new hotness.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

videogames is it too late to get a yakuza tag?

i'm probably gonna start kiwami today after finishing 0 last night, i'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I bought Kiwami 1 to play before 0 to try getting into the series because it's the cheapest and newest one to get cause 0 was double the price. Am I an idiot.