Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Like it's proven pretty hard that Pat is a nerd about Norse mythology because he plays way more games about gods and elves and poo poo than the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Poor, poor Woolie.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

it's not super unlikely for pat to make the leap he did if he knows stuff about Norse mythology. but it also came out of nowhere and Pat and all the guys have a history of very obviously having been spoiled in playthroughs yet pretending as though they aren't the whole time while not so subtly dropping hints thinly veiled as lucky guesses or speculation

who knows, who cares, i just wish they would stop making terrible jokes and talking over every single line of dialogue and character development

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mandrel posted:

who knows, who cares, i just wish they would stop making terrible jokes and talking over every single line of dialogue and character development

You are watching the wrong channel.

Also that would make the videos way worse.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mandrel posted:

it's not super unlikely for pat to make the leap he did if he knows stuff about Norse mythology. but it also came out of nowhere and Pat and all the guys have a history of very obviously having been spoiled in playthroughs yet pretending as though they aren't the whole time while not so subtly dropping hints thinly veiled as lucky guesses or speculation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VESjZJezBJs&hd=1

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah i already played through the game. the appeal is watching the guys play the game and comment on it. largely not paying any attention to the game or commenting on it and just doing kratos voice joke for hours is kind of boring to watch so far

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
what

they're definitely commenting on the game and paying attention and also making the jokes

you trippin' boi

Also I haven't checked the spoilers and I'm pretty sure what they are hinting at based on my sparse knowledge of Norse mythology. If I'm right it's not exactly a hard thing to guess.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

what

they're definitely commenting on the game and paying attention and also making the jokes

you trippin' boi

Also I haven't checked the spoilers and I'm pretty sure what they are hinting at based on my sparse knowledge of Norse mythology. If I'm right it's not exactly a hard thing to guess.

Yea I also haven't played/read what it is but as a mythology nerd who knows norse stuff fairly well I have a strong guess and if it's that it's not really a deep cut.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Blabbering over stuff and missing obvious poo poo means buying it cheap down the line won't feel like as much of a retread so I'm cool with it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm really enjoying all the current running LPs right now. I wasn't sure about A Way Out (didn't know it was directed by the same director as Brothers) but it got really fun to watch very quickly. God Of War has been pretty golden so far and TMS#FE fulfills my anime bullshit quota very nicely.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

To be fair to Pat, I knew about at least the Baldur thing too myself because I played Devil Survivor (where you kill him with a mistletoe cell phone strap, lol)

Also because Norse mythology was always one of the cooler ones imo so I whatever bits I did learn would stick in my brain.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also, even Matt knew about Norse because goddamn Too Human uses the names. Norse is more common than people think.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its possible that pat knows that mythological loki’s parents are a frost giant and a mysterious foreign god, and he had no familial relation to the rest of the pantheon which totally gives away the game

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

scary ghost dog posted:

its possible that pat knows that mythological loki’s parents are a frost giant and a mysterious foreign god, and he had no familial relation to the rest of the pantheon which totally gives away the game

yea pretty much if you go into this game with this exact bit of not super common lore but also not super obscure lore I have a feeling you know 90% of the game's plot before hitting R2 to chop a tree down.

I'm not complaining, mind. It's a cool story still, but yea I don't think it's as obvious a 'oh he must have spoiled himself' thing.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Pat not knowing how to use toilet paper is the most Pat thing I’ve ever heard

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

EGSunBro posted:

It really is and I can't believe we hadn't heard it sooner

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/991469067323301888

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The Warframe devs know. It's the only explanation for all the free money they are giving him.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

So many golem explosions taken face-first.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the new way to solve puzzles: i can probably stop time later

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Two of these people have beaten all the Souls games.

All three of them cannot find a glowing weak point on a boss while having Atreus scream "ATTACK HIM NOW!"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Some of those have actually been good, historically.

Not this one though, christ.

i will actually defend #fe as being Not Bad

it gets a stunning Okay out of 10

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 2, 2018

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

According to Pat on twitter, they don't equip any enchantments onto their armor for a while because they think they're single-use.

Perfect.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kay Kessler posted:

According to Pat on twitter, they don't equip any enchantments onto their armor for a while because they think they're single-use.

Perfect.

Can't wait for the eventual new session video where the first thing Pat says is "we're complete idiots." :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Two of these people have beaten all the Souls games.

All three of them cannot find a glowing weak point on a boss while having Atreus scream "ATTACK HIM NOW!"

Honestly, I had no idea that arrows aimed where your cursor was until the game told me. Never knew the trolls would react to being shot in their glowy spots, since throwing my axe at them didn't seem to do anything compared to throwing it at their head.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yinlock posted:

That gate one took me awhile to figure out - I had to double back on it thinking I needed something as well. I didn't realize the gate would go up with just the bottom one gone.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

that toilet paper thing is Ryckert Tier

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nobody I've seen videos of playing gow noticed the glowy bit thing on the giants, even though atreus points it out. They might pick up on it later as they play but it's kinda weird how glowy weak point, a tried and true gaming gimmick, didn't immediately come to mind during the giant fights.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yinlock posted:

There's no time stop power in this game, is there?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

There's no time stop power in this game, is there?

You'd think there wouldn't be, but well, when you get Norse...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rodyle posted:

that toilet paper thing is Ryckert Tier

I have to assume he must have some kind of holder where it's easy to take the roll off or something? I've always had the kinda that like, compress and expand to snap into the holder - pulling that off every time seems like the kind of thing noone could ever thing is the right thing to do.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Reminder that Pat couldn't figure out how to eat chips and salsa.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So I looked up the Montreal hand angel statue and yeah, now that's burned into my nightmares forever. :gonk:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EGSunBro posted:

Neo_Crimson posted:

God drat, I need a loving compilation video or lexicon or something, because I'm so behind on this stuff.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RareAcumen posted:

God drat, I need a loving compilation video or lexicon or something, because I'm so behind on this stuff.

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/681289653341786117

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Wow, he had so much beautiful hair back then.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh okay. If Pat had presence and was Italian that would've worked. 'I'm a guest in your home and this is how you pay your respects? What, you want I should just scoop the salsa out with my hands or something, like a drat gorilla?'

Someone please tell me that Pat has been asked to try and use chopsticks before.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Someone please tell me that Pat has been asked to try and use chopsticks before.
He did go to Japan at least twice. I'd imagine it's happened.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Everything about this picture is incredible, but I love the little hulk on an atv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Neo_Crimson posted:

Don't forget the time we (well the luelinks topic when he posted there like 5 years ago) had to teach him how to boil water for pasta