Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Coredump posted:

What are people using for cell phone mounts in their cars these days?

I use this. Holds tight in the vent, is adjustable. I keep the metal plate inside my leather phone case, didn't use the adhesive.

https://smile.amazon.com/Anker-Magnetic-Highly-Adjustable-OnePlus-Smartphones/dp/B01EMV5X86/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Coredump posted:

I've been using a similar one as the poster above listed and it isn't half bad. The two biggest issues I've had are 1)My Pixel XL is large enough with the mount that it blocks the whole vent 2)Depending on the vent you have it may not stay in place. It doesn't fall off just will move a bit and the angle will be different.

I did use the adhesive but put it on the inside of my case not on my phone.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Coredump posted:

Is use this one and I like it:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BZC262Q/

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

My main film camera was made in 1961 so i'm getting with closer to the times.
i love old soviet Leica copies.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

spog posted:

The lights on the front? Are they so you can cut grass in the night, or do they light up and flash as you go along while it makes a police siren noise?

For night mowing.

I replaced a shitheap Troybilt gas mower last year with a non-self propelled Ego mower (the ones Home Depot sells), in the middle of summer it's pretty great to be able to mow after the sun goes down without disturbing the neighbors much - they sound more like a loud fan than a lawn mower.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bought a new sofa.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Phone mount talk..

I use one that goes into the CD slot. Works pretty good, got it on Amazon.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Bought a new sofa.

This is a great looking couch! What is it?

E: just curious since I'm also in the couch market :ninja:

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 03:44 on May 3, 2018

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I bought one like that long ago from costco, make sure the lounging section of yours is reinforced underneath. Mine ended up basically collapsing after a year or so since it apparently didn't have much on the way of support

Yes now that I'm thinking about it I could have probably exchanged it or something, but that was a lifetime ago when I was an idiot

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

OSU_Matthew posted:

This is a great looking couch! What is it?

E: just curious since I'm also in the couch market :ninja:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...ng%26slotId%3D1

I also had a 10% store discount from a family member, and 6% ebates cash back.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm sure that this stuff isn't as good as the Purple K I normally use, but I figure it's worth a shot as there's twice the number of servings for the same price. Also, it tastes pretty good.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Cakefarts Carol posted:

I'm sure that this stuff isn't as good as the Purple K I normally use, but I figure it's worth a shot as there's twice the number of servings for the same price. Also, it tastes pretty good.

labdoor.com my friend

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

nocal posted:

labdoor.com my friend

Hey thanks, this looks like a good source of info. I'm just getting back into training after several months of inactivity, I'll hit this up once I get my stride again. In the meantime, candy-flavored positive reinforcement gets my saggy rear end out bed at 0430.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My main film camera was made in 1961 so i'm getting with closer to the times.
i love old soviet Leica copies.

Rad AF. I'm looking out for a cheapo rangefinder, is this metered at all? I was looking at the Minolta Hi-Matics but their metering is often fucky and it's really not much smaller than my main film DSLR and the CLE is expensive now. Not Leica expensive, but it pretty much only uses Leica lenses and I do not have Leica money.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 10:39 on May 3, 2018

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Megabound posted:

Rad AF. I'm looking out for a cheapo rangefinder, is this metered at all? I was looking at a Minolta Hi-Matics but their metering is often fucky and it's really not much smaller than my main film DSLR and the CLE is expensive now. Not Leica expensive, but it pretty much only uses Leica lenses and I do not have Leica money.

Fed 5s had a selenium meter but those tend to give up on life after a decade or two. Surprisingly, my Yashica Mat LM's LM still works after 57 years, but ive always kept a handheld meter on hand just in case.
Short answer: yes. Realistic answer: not likely.

E: look up Zorki rangefinders on eBay and walk throughs on YouTube. They're cheap AND Leica copies that the Russians made from Leica plans they nabbed in 1945.

Queen-Of-Hearts has a new favorite as of 10:43 on May 3, 2018

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Well, looks like a Zorki 4K is going on the wishlist.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Cakefarts Carol posted:

At first I was super confused, thinking wait, isn't that the stuff that used to put on railroad ties to prevent them from decomposing but was banned because cancer? And then it finally occurred to me that I was thinking of Creosote, not Creatine.

I bought socks! Specifically a bunch of darn tough ones that went on sale, so I can finally transition all my socks to ones that don't get swampy when I'm hiking and biking in the summer:

It's my curse for having Hobbit feet.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

nocal posted:

labdoor.com my friend

I’m still terribly partial to Smart Powders. Just buy all the stuff and mix it yourself for cheap!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

OniPanda posted:

I’m still terribly partial to Smart Powders. Just buy all the stuff and mix it yourself for cheap!

I will also check this out, thank you.

Trip report: does what it says on the tin. Had about 30% more stamina throughout and spent another twenty or so minutes working out. Placebo? Maybe. Worth the cost at the least.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Mmm, $12.99.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
You get what you pay for :colbert:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Thirty delicious hugs-for-my-insides, yes.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...ng%26slotId%3D1

I also had a 10% store discount from a family member, and 6% ebates cash back.

We got that couch like....2 years ago? It’s comfy but it’s already getting a little saggy. Next time we are going to go crazy and get a Lovesac sectional.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

OSU_Matthew posted:

I bought socks! Specifically a bunch of darn tough ones that went on sale, so I can finally transition all my socks to ones that don't get swampy when I'm hiking and biking in the summer:

It's my curse for having Hobbit feet.

Where did darn tough go on sale?

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

https://www.bando.com/products/anxiety-necklace

I've been having a real bad mental health week and these finally came back in stock, so I had to.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Snowmankilla posted:

Where did darn tough go on sale?

Backcountry.com has them 20ish% off right now, so like 11$ a pair vs 15. Not the best I've ever found them (6$ by stacking coupons on top of a sale a few years ago), but it's worthwhile to just get it over with and upgrade my footwear. So long as the dryer doesn't eat them all, I should theoretically be able to exchange them for new ones when they wear out.

Technically this was last week, but I just bought a galaxy S8+ phone from work! :woop:

There's a small crack on the corner of the back cover, which I just plan on epoxying for water proofness, but because of that I got it for 150 out the door. I figured if I just waited a year I could find basically the lastest gen phone for ~85% off

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Bought this last week but it arrived today

Preordered these

And I'll be buying this the instant it goes on sale tomorrow.

I clearly hate money :shepspends:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
2.0 looks fantastic. Can’t wait to do some league play with the new formats.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Even though I’m not buying the rebel conversion kit (....yet), I really hope T-65s are viable again, cause how in the gently caress do you have a game named X-Wing that you can’t actually run x-wings in?! Also make a-wings and squints god tier again tia

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

OniPanda posted:

Bought this last week but it arrived today

Preordered these

And I'll be buying this the instant it goes on sale tomorrow.

I clearly hate money :shepspends:

I've had that same laptop for a while now, its pretty sweet. I love the red keyboard.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My last laptop was like a 2003 Inspiron. The idea of overwatch playing on one is like woah to me.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rolo posted:

The idea of overwatch playing on one is like woah to me.

The idea of playing Overwatch at all is like whoa to me. I watch gameplay and have no idea wtf is going on.

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

Megabound posted:

Rad AF. I'm looking out for a cheapo rangefinder, is this metered at all? I was looking at the Minolta Hi-Matics but their metering is often fucky and it's really not much smaller than my main film DSLR and the CLE is expensive now. Not Leica expensive, but it pretty much only uses Leica lenses and I do not have Leica money.

The Olympus 35RC tends (at least it did when I got mine a few years ago) to be a great price and is probably my favourite rangefinder. It's incredibly small, all mechanical if you want (but does have a light meter) and built like a tank. It's fixed lens but I don't mind at all since it's complementary to whatever else I decide to carry.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

It's a DVD/CD set.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's a DVD/CD set.

Oh dang!
I saw them live a while ago and they rocked that tiny club.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

bought some nerdy hats.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

bought some nerdy hats.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Found at a rare book store.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Was it more cock than you expected or just right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Read it? And break the plastic seal?